Start by marking “A Touch of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #0.5)

A Touch of Midnight

(Midnight Breed 0.5)

Savannah Dupree is halfway across the country from her Louisiana bayou hometown, a freshman studying at Boston University on a full scholarship. But academic excellence is only one of Savannah’s gifts. She possesses something even more remarkable than her quick mind and insatiable curiosity for learning. With a simple touch, Savannah can see an object’s past—a skill that p ...more
Published July 15th 2013 by Lara Adrian, LLC (first published July 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Midnight, please sign up.
Melissa It is a novella in the The Midnight Breed Series Companion.
Melissa It is a novella in the The Midnight Breed Series Companion.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Sexy, Nerdy, Gideon Stars

A Touch of Midnight was a super cute Novella. 182 pages, it's on the longer novella side, but I was glad because Gideon and Savannah deserved a full length novel. I'm doing a reread. It was nice to jump back into the Midnight Breed world with Gideon and Savannah. This book was action package. Gideon was such a bad ass and sexy nerd. He would go through hell to protect the woman he loved. Savannah was amazing too. She accepted Gideon and didn't freak out like a lot of
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
It was great to read the story of how Gideon and Savannah met. I must say that they are one of my favorite Breed couples, and I always wondered how they got together. Overall, I enjoyed this book. I didn't like it quite as much as I wanted to though. I think that was because Gideon is so sex-bombalicious nerdtastic in the other books, I wanted to see more of his oh-so alluring geekiness. Instead, he was much like the other Breed males in his demeanor although there was a cool part about him crea ...more
Jonetta
When the series was first introduced, Savannah and Gideon were already together and not much has ever been given about their histories. I was excited when I learned of this series prequel and the story doesn't disappoint.

It wouldn't be a Midnight Breed story without mystery, intrigue and excitement to accompany Savannah and Gideon's romance. The mystery didn't seem tough to solve but there was an interesting twist at the end. And, who knew there was more than a fashion statement to Gideon's sha
Sh3lly
FREE 12/24/14 on Amazon right now.

3.5 stars. This was a novella at 184 pages, but I actually liked it better being shorter because it's basically your typical paranormal romance formula (but Lara Adrian does PNR well). And this way all the extra stuff was left out and it was just about the relationship and the action was contained to one small storyline. I liked how Savannah was quick to accept Gideon. We didn't have to go through the typical half a book o
Stacie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4+ "Gideon in action." Stars!

Loved it. It was great seeing how Gideon and Savanna met; and to see Gideon out in the field fighting. Plus there was a glimpse of Conlan. That made me happy and sad. Plus Lucien pre mating- hard nose jerk.

So that was a good tide me over until next month's BR. Hopefully I'll be able to wait. 😉 Happy reading!
Ronda  Tutt
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gideon is such a sweetheart!

I am so glad this novella came out because I always wondered about Gideon and his mate Savannah Dupree's story and how they got their HEA. Anyone who reads the Breed Series knows that Gideon is the computer lab guru and usually is the one always left at base and for some reason I never really understood why he never went out on patrol with the other Breed brothers. Well thanks to this sweet novella we get our answers and with a little added history about Gideon and Sa
Princess under cover
This is supposed to be a prequel. It really didn't do its job trying to get a newbie like me to read more of the series. Too much going on. And I wasn't engaged enough not to skip - in a NOVELLA, skipping is like - I REALLY couldn't get into it. 3 stars is likely generous. But to be fair I prob skipped 50%. Maybe I skipped the terribly riveting 50%???
Sophia Triad
Breed warrior Gideon
Special ability: Extremely high IQ, technology expert
Age: Over 300 years old

Breed mate Savannah
Special ability: Reading the history of objects when touching them (phychiometry)
Occupation: Art History student
Mark place: Left shoulder blade

Settings: Boston, Luisiana

Gideon and Savannah is one of my favourite couples. Perfect for each other and deeply in love. Gideon gave up his life as a warrior to keep safe for his mate. Savannah trusted him and offered him everything.
G
Aly
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the readers were introduced to the Midnight Breed series, Gideon and Savannah were already a couple so I always was curious to know how their story began. Therefore my pleasant surprise to learn about this novella.

It all began at Boston University in 1974, when Savannah was a freshman in the Art History program and before Gideon became the tech-genious of the Order. I'm not totally sure you can read it as a standalone because while there's a couple of information about the Order and the Br
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Breed Loving Stars!!

We finally get Gideon and Savannah's story in this too short (for Breed fans) novella. The storyline flowed nicely, and things wrapped up very quickly at the end....too quickly for my taste, but that's only because I wanted more!!!

Gideon is a 300+ year old Breed Warrior and Savannah is a college freshman, it seemed like an unlikely and odd pairing in the beginning because of Savannah's young age but, there is just no denying the connection between the two of them.

I loved
Ginger
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas, kindle, vampire
I liked it. A great introduction into Laura Adrian's world. Another twist on the vampire lore, I am an Anne Rice fan though so I don't like seeing them played with much.
I have to say that it is very much like a series I am currently reading.....Lets just say it could get confusing it you tried to read them at the same time.
All that aside I like the characters and I will certainly read more of the series just to get to know them a little more. Tatoos that change with his moods, a farily strong h
Glamdring

I think the story would have been better if longer. The beginning is quite slow then the story is rushed. They meet, fall crazy madly in love, there is a misunderstanding, some life threatening situations, the HEA, but no place for real relationship development.

That's said, I love Gideon. <3
Alp
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is a prequel to the Midnight Breed series. Gideon and Savannah's story was truly enjoyable.
I always wondered why Gideon never went out to fight and kill Rogues with other warriors. He was usually the one who remained at their base. Finally, I found the answer here, in this book.
Krissy
I'm going to assume this series gets better with each book so I plan on continuing.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!

I get the back story to Gideon & Savannah

I've been waiting to read their story since I started this series many years ago. This is a great story. Although very short, it's still packed with story. I love how you get the background of Savannah & Gideon

The plot, how their paths cross, everything is done superbly. And Gideon? Dude is on fire. I like how you get to see that side of him, who he was before he met Savannah& after he meets her. And the path that leads him to the Bre
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been over a year and a half since I've read a book from the Midnight Breed series. This sweet novella was a great way to refresh my memory and encourage me to continue on with the series. *looks at the pile of abandoned Lara Adrian books

The story was a quick tell, but that's how novellas usually go. Readers wanted to know how Savannah and Gideon met, and this book filled that empty space in the series.

Onwards and upwards with this series! These books aren't going to read themselves.
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hot vampire warriors that protect humans from bloodsuckers

Gideon is part of the Order, one of eight warriors of the breed. They are basically vampires who protect humans from rogue vampires who have given in to blood lust and have no control over their baser instincts. Savannah is a freshman art history student who has an ability. When she touches objects she can see events that happened in the past.

She touches an antique sword while doing a special project for one of her professors and sees a
KBeautiful1
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! This book was Fiyahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! See this is what happens when you have so many books on your Kindle and the really good books become lost and overlooked. So yesterday I removed about 200 books off of my Kindle, moved them to the cloud and can now see the excellent unread books that I have and can now read uninterrupted Woot! Woot!

Savannah Dupree is a freshman at Boston University on a full scholarship. Hailing from Louisiana, she is a huge history buff and that is her major A
AJ
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A little extra from the Midnight Breed, as Gideon and Savannah finally get their story told!

In the books that span the Midnight Breed series, Gideon is the smartass tech-geek of The Order, an elite group of Breed (vampire) Warriors. He is the tireless control centre of their operations, and unlike the rest of the warriors, he remains at the compound, never going out to fight with his brothers. He is also happily mated to his one true love, Savannah.

This is the story of how Gideon and Savannah me
Snow White
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Gideon and his big heart. One of my favorite couple.

Location: Boston and Louisiana

Savannah Dupree (power: see a glimpse of past from objects she touched) :
Savannah - Midnight Breed photo savannah_zps0a597ca4.jpg

Gideon: (power: see life energy through solid mass (talent lost due to injury))
Gideon - Midnight Breed photo gideon1_zps55a972df.jpg
Melody
Gideon and Savannah were just secondary characters throughout the Midnight Breed series but they were my favourite couple (together with Dante and Tess). I always wanted to know how they met so I was glad they finally got their story even though it was a novella.

Unfortunately this reading left me unsatisfied! The romance moved too quickly and I "felt" more for them when they were simply secondary characters than here where they were the main characters. Don't get me wrong, I still love them but
MountainKat
Wonderful insights into Gideon and Savannah's beginning. Firmly set in the 70's - don't think there was a slip into the present at all! There were parts I would have liked to have been different, but I wasn't telling the story. Overall very enjoyable.
Lesley Book Lover
An enjoyable read, Gideon and Savannahs story is set in 1974. A shame it was just a short story, as I would have liked to have known what happened afterwards, but maybe they are mentioned in other books, and I have forgotten. Maybe more books I will have to re-read in the future.
Nice to see how Gideon and Savannah got together.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve wanted to know Savannah and Gideon's story since I met them in Kiss of Midnight. Adrian has given readers their story with A Touch of Midnight.

A Touch of Midnight takes readers back to 1974. The Order is six members strong and Gideon is part of the fighting although he is very excited about the technological advances he sees coming in the near future. I was giddy right along with him about where the world is going when it comes to computers.

Savannah is away from her Louisiana home for the
Lynsey A
It was nice to finally read Gideon and Savannah's story. It was a quick and enjoyable read. Gideon wasn't such the tech geek in this story since he was still a fighting member of the Order. In this book we discover how he just sticks to the tech now.

Fast paced story. Abrupt ending but I guess since we know exactly what is happening with these two now, that makes sense. Still, I would have liked to have seen a fast forward to "now" showing them.

Good story and a nice little hold over til next yea
Hbeebti
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lara-adrian
4.5 Thank you Lara Adrian for curbing my curiosity about Gideon and Savannah. I always wondered how they met and what their story was. It was really great to go back to the seventies and see where it all began with those two.This book answered some questions about Gideon. Like why was he always at home base and not out kicking butt? What was with the glasses? And that hidden room. Oh that made me so sad for ?? This made me want to start with book one all over again. This book was a delicious tr ...more
AvidReader
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella is a perfect start for a new series. I needed a preload before I start this and got an overall idea. I liked both main characters. Plot was also good. But what impressed me the most is writing style. Still I have one tiny complaint, when hero was fighting and wounded he didn’t have any backup from his ‘breed brothers’ . I wanted to see more of their comrade and friendship. And even though heroine had a kickass ability I felt like it wasn’t explored to the maximum. Still I was intrig ...more
Smiley
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always end up loving the novellas because they add so much more to the series that is missed in the full novels. I’ve wanted to read Savannah’s and Gideon’s book since we first met them in Book 1 and I’m soo glad I read this now. I LOVE Teagan! Have I said how much I love him? Hahah. And gosh, Lucan was acting like a dick, but I kinda get it!
Mamacita Slacum

Will Def continue with this series!

• White Lion's Lady (Warrior, #1)
  • Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Embraced by Blood (Sweetblood, #2)
  • The Story of Son
  • Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance
  • Take Me (The Untouchables, #1)
  • Raphael/Parish (Bayou Heat, #1-2)
  • The Fallen (A Sons of Wrath Spinoff)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love Series)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1)
  • Covet (London Vampires, #1)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11; 1001 Dark Nights #6)
  • Seduced by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #2)
  • Taming the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #1)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
“She lifted her head up and stared at him. Gaped at him. “Exactly how old are you?”

“Three-hundred and seventy-two,” he drawled. “Give or take a few months.”

“Oh, my God.” She dropped her head back down on his chest and laughed. Then laughed again. “I thought Rachel was nuts for lusting after Professor Keaton, and he was only in his forties. I’m falling in love with a total relic.”

Gideon stilled. “Falling in love?”

“Yes,” she replied quietly, but without hesitation. She glanced up at him. One slender black brow arched wryly. “Don’t tell me that’s all it takes to scare a three-hundred and seventy-two-year-old vampire.”
3 likes
“Mama used to say it was a faerie’s kiss.” Gideon stepped toward her where she sat on the old wooden chair. He gave a mild shrug. “Something made you and those others born with that mark different from other women. Who’s to say it wasn’t faeries?” 3 likes