Start by marking “This Ain't What You Rung For” as Want to Read:
This Ain't What You Rung For

This Ain't What You Rung For

4.80  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  1 review
A collection of stories about love, mercy, prison, video games, music, war, metaphysics, family, language, political resistance, and time. Includes 31 short pieces from The Fiction Journal, and the classic mind-bender "Agoraphobia".
Published July 8th 2013 by Justified Textworks

To ask other readers questions about This Ain't What You Rung For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Ain't What You Rung For

·  5 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of This Ain't What You Rung For
10thumbs
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a super big fan of short stories but these were all super engaging (save the last one, which still had some great snippets). Surprising and interesting without being overwrought; well-written and thoguhtful. Funny and provoking.

Full disclosure: the author is my little brother (of whom I'm super proud and in awe of), but that only got me to the book, which i might not have read otherwise. Take his name off and I'd still love these stories.
Garrett
Silke Behne
Nov 04, 2016
Eva B.
Mar 04, 2020
I'm a writer and high school English teacher. I also make electronic music; design websites; and host a podcast about education, economics, and killer robots. A lifelong video game addict, I'm also the co-host of the VeteranGamers podcast.

My work has appeared in the English Journal, The 3288 Review, and the poetry collection Home: Local Writers Reflect on Its Meaning.

I'm a lifelong political agita

News & Interviews