Start by marking “Time Spell (Ivy Grace Spell, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Spell (Ivy Grace Spell, #1)

Time Spell

(Ivy Grace Spell #1)

Ivy Grace is learning that magic--and love--are all about the right timing.

Follow the adventures of this spirited young Southern woman as she embarks upon a successful new career writing novels and movies that explore romantic mysteries of the past.

Ivy, a witch who spends her days practicing her brand of good magic in a sleepy little city, often travels back in time to o
Published August 27th 2013 by Bookbaby (first published August 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Time Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Spell

Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
review to come...
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
3.5 out of 5 Stars

Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I had a bit of a struggle through the first 30-40%. It wasn't an issue of the quality of the book per se, because I did really enjoy it quite a bit, once I got over that hump. See I'm the type of person that, when I'm reading, I don't feel the need to have every last detail described to me. There are times, like with the beginning of this one, that I feel like I'm be
Jessica
Aug 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
3.5/5 stars

Time Spell is an enchanting, sassy read that lovers of paranormal mystery will really enjoy. Ivy Grace's voice is fun, witty, and really upbeat. She has a great relationship with her family, loves her job, and oh- she just so happens to be a witch! I really enjoyed getting to know Ivy and T.A. does a great job of giving us setting in this book. She is very thorough in her explanations and descriptions. Usually that is something that would bother me, but again Ivy's voice is just so mu
MGGMMGGM
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Originally posted at The Solitary Bookworm

There’s something about Time Spell that caught my attention from the very start. We have a book, a witch and the ability to time travelling. Just thinking about the endless possibilities made me want to read the book instantly. I love the concept of a witch who uses her magic to whip up a story for a book. I was excited to read the first in the series and for most parts I enjoyed Time Spell but it has its holes that I couldn’t ignore.

Basically, Ivy Grace
Gaele
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a clever premise and a great start to a promising new series! T.A. Foster has introduced us to Ivy Grace, a young witch that uses her skills to time travel, adventure and then come back to the present to pen a story, purported to be fiction. This is appropriate for YA readers, although the usual tropes of insta-love and love triangles are not at the forefront. Because there is a lovely mystery to sort out: Ivy’s stories are gaining in popularity and there is someone who is not happy about t ...more
Holly Baker
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

I love, love, loved this book! It was fun and fresh with mystery added in to keep you wondering how the story will come together and if Ivy can get out of the situation she has landed herself in. It was angst free which is a rarity these days, and I loved Ivy and her witchy senses. Though just because Ivy is a witch, don't think that this is your typical paranormal, hocus pocus kind of book because it isn't.

Yes, Ivy is a witch but the
Jessica
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it

Where do I start with this review? I suppose I should let you know that I adored Ivy Grace, our protagonist in this story. I couldn't have asked for a more upbeat, likeable protagonist to follow. Ivy is a witch, but her life isn't filled with doom and gloom. She has a healthy relationship with her family, a witty personality, and the same improper thoughts I'd have while she's around her rather hunky agent. Ivy carries herself with a perfect mixture of grace and humor that's hard not to love.

Wh
Roxanne Kade
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. I really loved the idea of being able to Time Spell. It was a different take on time travel and used in such a unique way. I’m sure anyone would love to step back in time, and it would be an author’s dream.

The MC’s of this story kind of blended into the background while the secondary characters, the ones from 1968 Las Vegas were more prominent. I knew more about whom they were and what drove them to do the things they did. I know that their love triangle was a major p
Brittany
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read-books
REVIEW:

Time Spell was a really great take on time travel. Ivy is a witch who time travels and then turns those forgotten or unknown stories into books. However, when her story becomes popular all the wrong people take notice. I would consider it a paranormal mystery because it has a ton of mysterious elements. I want to give you a fair warning that there is no teenage drama or love triangles in this book. Sometimes I like to throw a new adult book in the reading mix and Time Spell was the perfe
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Ivy is a strong smart main character with some fantastic spells. (My personal favorite: the Glamour spell. One quick motion and you are dressed, hair done, makeup on, ready to go. How handy would that be?) I really loved the time spell travel back to 1968 Las Vegas--the glitz, the stylish penthouse apartment, the smoky casino filled with high rollers in tailored suits and beautiful fabulous women dripping in diamonds. Cocktails and iconic fashion mixed with an undercurrent of very da ...more
Andrea Heltsley
This was a very intriguing book. The idea behind it was fresh and entertaining. I loved the idea of having a mystery within a mystery. The author weaved a great story.

However, I can't truly rate this book. It was very good, but it just wasn't the book for me. I think many of you will really enjoy it. I just didn't enjoy the historical portion of the story and it was a major part of the book. Yes, I know it says something about time travel in the description, there was just more than I was expect
Jocelyn Sanchez
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced story that will keep you entertained for hours!. I really loved Ivy, the main character, because she was relatable and very cool. I think the plot was very interesting and different from what I usually read.

When I was asked to review this by the author, I was excited! I loved the cover and when I read the blurb I was ecstatic! It sounded like something I might enjoy and it was!!

All in all, I believe this book was awesome. The story grabbed my attention and kept me entertained thro
Katie
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Review - http://anamateurslibrary.blogspot.com...

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was fun and sassy with really great characters. Dragged me out of my potential reading slump with its Bewitched style story. Cannot wait for the next book!
Megan Hicks
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I had difficulty putting it down since the action was fast paced and I was quickly wrapped up in the world of Ivy Grace. Given the popularity of fantasy series, I was happy that this story line felt original. Excited for the next book!
Marion
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun, funny, witty, entertaining, exciting read that I didn't want to put down until I was done - it was great. TA Foster has a great series here - can't wait to read the next one!!
Jessy
Aug 10, 2014
Ellie
rated it did not like it
May 11, 2014

• Visited
  • Spellbound and Determined
  • Bone Deep
  • Gift
  • Protect Me (Protected Love, #1)
  • Atone (A Fairytale Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wicked (Otherworld, #2; Magic & Mayhem/Magical Sword, #2)
  • Guardians (Seers, #3)
  • A Slither of Hope (Angel Sight, #2)
  • ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Veil of Secrets
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken (University of Branton, #2)
  • Blood Rule (Dirty Blood, #4)
T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, three children and canine kiddos.

Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on pa

Ivy Grace Spell (3 books)
  • Cover Spell (Ivy Grace Spell, #2)
  • Fire Spell (Ivy Grace Spell, #3)