Start by marking “Start Quilting with Alex Anderson: Six Projects for First-Time Quilters” as Want to Read:
Start Quilting with Alex Anderson: Six Projects for First-Time Quilters

Start Quilting with Alex Anderson: Six Projects for First-Time Quilters

An introduction to the world of quilt-making by the host of HGTV's Simply Quilts. It features six simple, rotary-cut projects to get you started; covers the basics of fabric choices, equipment and techniques; then walks you through each step of the cutting and piecing process.
Published August 1st 2001 by Watson-Guptill Publications (first published April 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Start Quilting with Alex Anderson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Quilting with Alex Anderson

Sandy H
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: quilters
Recommended to Sandy by: sandyquiltz@gmail.com
Shelves: quiltmaking
I bought Start Quilting with Alex Anderson several years after I had, well, started quilting. Periodically I go through a few days of what I refer to as "sending myself back to quilty boot camp," reaching a level of frustration with myself that sends me into a frenzy of using books or DVDs to remind myself of basic quiltmaking skills. I bought this book in one of those fits. It was up to the task although, as is the case with most of my quiltmaking book reviews, it seems, I have to admit to neve ...more
Mollie Wayland
Dec 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Alex Anderson books are great for beginners and to reread for a refresher. They are easy to read, understand, and you have a finished quilt in a fairly short time. She gives great advice and wonderful pictures.
Yvonna
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book except for the absent pattern for the sampler quilt.
The Rainbow Zebra
Nov 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Quilters, especially beginners
Recommended to The Rainbow Zebra by: Eva A. Larkin
This book was my introduction to the incredible world of Quilting. It was the required text for the class I took at my local quiltshop, taught by quilter and author Eva A. Larkin.

I cannot recommend this book enough for anyone who wants to learn how to quilt. The instructions are clear, with complete supply lists, and plenty of illustrations and photographs.

While I have only made the Rail Fence Quilt from this book, I can safely say that no quilter should be without this! There are newer editions
Joni
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was so easy to understand. Quilting has become my next fav hobby!
delphinium
Apr 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Excellent learn to quilt book. Concise, easy to understand, lots of great pictures that make it easy to understand how to cut up fabric and sew it together.
Toni
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting-books
This is the foundation I use when teaching new students to quilting. I do use some updated techniques verses the directions in this book, but for a new quilter this is a great book to start with.
Charlotte Nydegger
Mar 16, 2015
Pat Hannaway
Jul 30, 2017
Beth
Nov 14, 2012
Alice Roberts
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2016
Maya
Nov 15, 2011
Heidi
Dec 23, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a very beginner book. Would be helpful to someone just starting out.
Debbie
Aug 17, 2015
Wendy Eley
Jan 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Alex Anderson works as a graduate architect in his home city of Melbourne where he was born and raised.
In his spare time he loves to read, write, and especially game. Alex has a strong interest in the Science Fiction genre for both novels & games, and is a fan of Michael Crichton, Neal Stephenson, and Eric Nylund to name a few.