Start by marking “Imperfection” as Want to Read:
Imperfection

Imperfection

(Pure Blood #1)

Meara Falk always followed her parents' rules, until one night in March when the temptation to let loose changed her life forever. Nine months later, disowned and with a baby on her hip, she discovers werewolves are real after being on the wrong end of one’s teeth and claws.

When her first change is upon her, werewolves attack her home, stealing her son and driving her out
Published July 23rd 2013 by Hayson Publishing

Tiffany
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Full Blog Post @Book-Marks the Spot

Wow what a book. I usually stand clear of books that have babies involved, but this book also has werewolves, so I took a chance on it. I’m glad I did. I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait for the next one because I know it’s going to be amazing. Well find out more about why Meara is the way she is and did I sense a little chemistry between Garret and Meara. Meep I hope so. They would be a good match.

Now that I have said all that let’s get to the story. T
Corey
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had a little trouble getting into this book to start off with. Its weird but I cannot say why it was hard to get into but it was for me. However, once it got past the first few chapters, I fell in love. One thing I have to complain about right off was the ending though. The book really took off in the last of the book and I felt it needed many more chapters. Ok with that being said, I can’t wait till the next book!

Now I will talk about what I liked about this book. It was refreshing. Normall
Ashley Ehlers
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it

Was originally post on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest opinions*

Some of this was reviewed while I was reading, so it might be a bit jumbled haha.

First off I get that sometimes parents are strict, real strict but for god’s sake she 22! You’re yelling at her for being pregnant as if she’s 16! At least she’s out of her teens, that should count for something! (Spoil Alert) And the father was a one night stand, sh
Melissa Ann
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
**** Review Originally Posted at the Blog
Pink Fluffy Hearts*****

To be honest, it actually took me awhile to get into "Imperfection.” It wasn't until after I was about a third of the way through the book that things started to get interesting for me. Staying with this whole honesty thing, the start of the book actually kind of pissed me off a bit. When we first meet our main female characters, Meara, Amanda, and Raechel, they're all getting ready to go out drinking for the night.

Normally, three c
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Imperfection is an unique werewolf story that focuses on a mother and her child and gives an interesting mythological perspective on the origin of the werewolves.

The negatives:

Lack of connection.
The only reason that this book didn't get four or more stars from me is that I just never quite connected with the main character. Despite Meara's difficult circumstances, I just didn't feel her pain. I think this is becaus
Rae Ryans
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I love stories that revolve around wolves, but more than anything, I love twists on Norse mythology. It’s truly fascinating to read stories based and inspired by the lore. Imperfection touches on it through the Pure Pack, which are the original werewolves. I won’t go into detail though; it’s quite fascinating how Phaedra Seabolt recreated this for her new series. Heck, it’s worth reading just for that.

Ok, the main character Meara isn’t your standard heroine. She’s not thin, although to
Joyce Wetherbee
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Meara Falk, the privileged daughter of a wealthy family has one year left before she graduates from college. Her parents are paying for everything provided she follows a few simple rules. Her quiet, predictable life is about to change when her friends convince her she needs to cut loose at least once before she graduates. That one decision will change her life in ways she never thought possible.

Cut off from all financial support and disowned after telling her parents she was pregnant, Meara now
Justine Winans
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
(Originally posted on http://www.theyalitchick.blogspot.com)

From the very beginning of the novel, it is clear that Seabolt has a great control over her words, as the writing is absolutely breathtaking. She created a world of blood and lust, loyalty and love that shadows our own. Immediately attention-grasping, Imperfection is a short read that kept me engaged in the ride the entire experience.

A very refreshing aspect of Seabolt's characterization was that her characters were not watered down or
Melissa Haggerty
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love werewolf books, and I especially love seeing how each author will put their own spin on the legends. I couldn’t wait to see what Phaedra would come up with in Imperfection. I liked that we were given glimpses into what happened in the past to create werewolves. I also found the dynamics of the packs interesting.

I liked Meara. She was straight laced, following her parents’ rules, and just trying to make it through college. One night of fun ended in what could be a horrible mistake. I abso
Natasha House
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Meara is just a girl going to college and getting everything paid for by her parents. Her friends convince her that she should do something “crazy” before the end of school. Meara decides to join a huge drinking fest where her life flips completely upside down. She ends up on the back of some guy’s motorcycle and wakes up the next morning in some random room. When she finds out she’s pregnant her life will never be the same. Werewolves, action, and lots of lore are involved with this book.

What I
Amber
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I could not put Imperfection down. The only thing I did not like was the cliff hanger ending. I really want to know what will happen next, and hate to wait. Meara Falk is your typical good girl, straight A's follows all of Daddy's rules , never lets loose. That all changes in March when goes out with the girls to hit the town and that one night changes everything. This is where Phaedra Seabolt snags you right from the beginning.

Meara is a tough cookie who finds herself in trouble and no longer
Amanda Masters
this book was awesome! the characters were interesting and the ware angle new and different. I found myself intrigued right from the start and couldn't put the book down until it was done, and the ending! leaving you itching for more! I defiantly can wait to see what is in store for these guys next.

Meara just wanted a normal night out with her friends, one night were she would be a normal collage girl at a normal collage party. Meara got more then she bargained for, for all she remembers the nex
Heather andrews
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aren I have some mixed feelings about that damn boy and honestly I'm hoping that in the second book he gets a attitude adjustment, especially with the way he treats Meara, can't even stay to make sure he's alright after spending a night with her the a**, "seriously??? He took my underwear with him but decided to drive off without his shirt? What a pig!" I mean seriously he's all bada** alpha one minute who only cares about one thing he's so cold hearted, "your ineptitude at killing her may actua ...more
Becca
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Imperfection was one of those books that you just can not put down. If waiting for another book in a series is not your thing, you may want to hold off on reading this one. The ending of Imperfection leaves a lot to be desired……meaning the next book please!! Oh I can not wait to see what happens next.

Meara Falk is the good girl. She never finds herself getting wild or breaking rules. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger because I always aimed to please everyone else. Then one night
Elizabeth Towns
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’ve studied the wolf pack for years in many aspects, so I dived right in to Phaedra Seabolt’s book Imperfection. It’s ironic (or uncannily smart) that Meara Falk, the main character, always followed her parents rules, basically her ‘pack’, until a different, natural craving caused her to do something wild and reckless. Something that would make put her and her son in a predicament years later. It’s really an age-old story about a woman and a man bringing a child into the world never considering ...more
Kristin
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Coming from a background where I followed all my parents’ rules, I could completely understand Meara. Of course, I never got a free ride to college; I think that would have forced me to be even more by the rules than I normally would have been. But then Meara bends to the peer pressure and ends up making bad choices that change the course of her life.
I liked the way Meara stood up for herself and her baby, instead of bending to her parents’ wishes. The way she took things one step at a time and
Lisa Gemmell
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, i really enjoyed this book it started off a little slow and a little corny but the more I read the more depth of the book the more I really enjoyed the book, though some parts just was mysterious and had me wondering who was who in certain scenes. And who does Garret really like cause that had me intrigued. (especially the bathroom scene)

I also wanted to know at the breakfast scene as it was put "Alpha why are you sitting with the Omega and human?" Now in the book there was no mentio
Jody Robirds mclane WP
kinda slow in the beginning but half way thru the first chapter, I couldn't put it down. Great book!!
Tammy Newsome
Patrick Siu
Jan 21, 2014
Rita Antonini
Jan 27, 2014
Phaedra Seabolt is the youngest of four and the only girl. She spent her childhood trying to be the best she could be at everything she did which drove her to attend college long enough to attain her master's degree. Now she is a stay at home mom and happily married. She spends her limited spare time writing, reading, and reviewing.