Start by marking “The Moon Wants To Be Spotless White” as Want to Read:
The Moon Wants To Be Spotless White

The Moon Wants To Be Spotless White

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The vain Moon is devastated when he finds out about the dirt patch on his otherwise pristine white self. He wants to be scrubbed and cleaned by Dhobi Kaka to regain his spotless beauty. The moon cunningly manipulates Mitu into helping him out in this mission.

But how will mitu get the moon down to be cleaned?

Will kaka be able to restore the moon s spotless beauty?

Will mi
Published May 24th 2013 by Leadstart Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Moon Wants To Be Spotless White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moon Wants To Be Spotless White

Indian
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
What we liked about the book
1) The story line which gives important lessons in life without being too preachy
2) The appropriate illustrations
3) The minimal characters so that the story isn’t too complicated
4) The description of the situations (Though personally, I thought that could be edited a bit, R seemed to sit through the reading with interest)
5) The meaning of the Indian words in the glossary to appeal to an international audience
6) The absolutely awesome ending, both R and I loved it :)
Th
Om Chand
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My daughter loved this book! This is such a wonderful book--a tale of simple facts of life explained in such easy way with illustrations. Mitu's promise to help the moon get spotless and the discovery the moon has of how important is friendship is--has been portrayed in a very beautiful way.

The book is going to be enjoyed by all the kids alike. They would like the illustration and the way the writer is able to connect with them. Must read for kids if you have one in your family!

Vikas Singh
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids
Originally reviewed at --> http://vps3361.blogspot.in/2014/01/bo...

This is my first children's book to review, and I am glad I read (and liked) it. As the blurb showcases, the story in the book revolves around three main characters - a little girl Mitu, the Moon, and Dhobi kaka. The story is simple but still exciting and binding while the characters are few in number, which is good from a child's point of view. Personification of the Moon could have been tricky, but the author manages to w
Sohni Basu

Characters – 5/5
Illustration – 5/5
Cover Page – 5/5

My Review:

This is a very nicely illustrated book in the Children Section of Readership.
The story s short, crisp and has the capability to hold the interest of the reader till
Wendy Unsworth
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story of Mitu and how she helped the moon find the true meaning of happiness.
This gentle tale is well told and beautifully illustrated. The moon believes that his appearance is the most important of all things but in trying to achieve his perfect look finds that actually friendship is a much more wonderful gift. The story is simply told in a way children easily relate to without the need to feel there is some lesson to be learned.
As an English reader and Grandma I found the pace and pattern
Gita Reddy
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r4r
Children the world over are fascinated by the moon so a story in which a young girl and the moon are friends is a sure attention grabber. The moon wants to be spotless, and inveigles a promise from Mitu that she will help him. Dhobi kaka, the village washerman, is roped into the secret mission of getting the moon rid of his spots.
The story moves fast and takes the reader on an enjoyable journey, giving glimpses of life in an Indian village and home, and ends with a twist and a moral.
This is a s
Arti
A happy book with an equally happy ending, this book is a must buy for all children, parents, grandparents. Though the author says, for five to eight year olds, I would say, any age.

more on http://wp.me/p3cEWT-j8
Kritika Narula
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review copy received in return for an honest review:

First thing of all, I fell in love with the premise of the book: how the moon is vain and superficial, and he wants his beauty to be restored. He asks Mitu for help who, with the help of the Dhobi Kaka, grants his wish. But is a wish getting fulfilled just as delightful as the expectation of it?

This is what a quintessential childrens' book should be. A moral lesson hidden in a simple story which the kids will realize when they grow up, has a sy
Aviva Gittle
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
The Moon Wants to be Spotless White is an interesting story for children on several levels. It is a way for them to learn about Indian culture in an engaging way. It also deals with the topics of vanity, cooperation, and friendship. The main character, a little girl named Mitu, makes a promise to help the moon. The moon is very upset because he has dirt on his spotless white surface. Children will enjoy the imaginative way Mitu, along with the man who washes clothes for the village, Dhobi Kaka, ...more
Christeen Bauer
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christeen by: Goodreads
This book intrigued me from the beginning. Not only does it take place in a far away land (as I live the USA) it tells a story that is felt around the world. The story of not fitting in because of acting/looking/thinking different or not not conforming to the society in which we live, is universal. As we become involved in the story of the little girl helping the moon become a clean and white as he possibly can, we also learn of loyalty and honor. I especially love reading about Indian culture a ...more
Maggie Larche
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful folktale from Priya Narayanan. In this story, the moon is depressed because he's covered in dark spots, so he convinces a little girl and an old man to help him become spotless. In the misadventure that follows, they drag the moon from the sky and scrub him up before losing him in a fierce windstorm. In the end, the moon learns that it's ok to not be perfect, especially when you have good friends with you.

I really enjoy the charm of Narayanan's stories, and I believe this one
Biswanath Banerjee
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
When her child goes to sleep, she always tells her a story of brave prince and wonderful princes, of deeds noble and brave……..
And of course the ever smiling round object that her child always sees on the night sky, beaming at the child.
While telling the story she always desires that her child to have a sweet dreamy sound sleep, but in addition to that this story propels child’s imagination.
When the kid turns a little older, time begins for this imagination to take a shape, wondering-‘oh, why moo
Ica Iova
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The moon believes that being spotless is the most important thing in the world. But Mitu helps him understand that true happiness lies with friendship. This cute story filled with beautiful illustrations is told at a pace and in a simple language that children will have no problem understanding. Well done.
Russell Whitehead
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very well thought out, beautifully put together chapter book with excellent storytelling and superb illustrations. If you like fairytales and fables with a cultural slant then you are sure to enjoy this book. It's a must have for your collection!
Vibhasharma
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
'Daag achche hain' (Stains are good) if they happen to be the price for joy, happiness and love - this is the premise of Priya Narayanan's 'The Moon Wants to be Spotless White'. Moon who is otherwise quite vain and is drunk on his own beauty, gets the shock of his life when he overhears a bunch of stars talking about his dirty spots. He finds a patient ear in a little girl Mitu who enjoys looking at the moon from the window of her room and always admires his grace and beauty. Moon comes up with ...more
Meggha
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a children's book after, I do not even know how long and I am so glad I picked this one! 'The moon wants to be spotless white' is a very simple story which takes one through this lovely tale with such ease that I could not wipe the smile off my face from page one. While reading this book, it felt like a fable which my grandma might have been narrating to me, where the moon is not a celestial body but he is like a mama who speaks with us!!!

It is a fun filled adventure between, Mittu, the
Ellie Firestone
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Moon Wants to be Spotless White is a charming little chapter book for young readers. It's almost like a modern-day folk tale. There is an underlying message about being happy with who you are, but it is delivered in a very non-preachy way.

I loved the illustrations. They are colorful and cute, with a great style. I think they really capture the character of the story.

The story itself is interesting and fun. I liked how all the Indian words were explained at the end. The part with the Giant Wh
G.J. Griffiths
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This charming children’s tale, from the talented Priya Narayanan, has equally charming illustrations throughout the book. The story of Mitu and her attempts to assist the Moon to clean away his dirty patches reveals to its readers, both young and older, how important friends can be when compared to personal trivial vanities like a “perfect” appearance. At the same time it is full of intriguing new words and interesting behaviour that may reflect some of the cultural differences between India and ...more
Devi Nair
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paper-back
Priya Narayanan has managed to capture the innocence of childhood in a well illustrated book using very simple language. The illustation is so beautiful that imagining the story works perfectly in our mind. It is very much like watching a mini movie in our head while we are reading. The language is simple and crisp, children who can join letters and read will be very happy to come across such books
To read more, visit my link text
Susan Day
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful book which I really enjoyed. The story flows along nicely and the characters are likable. I think that most 5 to 8 year olds will love reading this book on their own or with a little help. The illustrations are great too and will help keep children entertained.
Sundeep Supertramp
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children

The original review of this book is posted on my blog...

To read the original review of this book, click here...
Arvind Rajashekar
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

i strongly recommend it to all parents, grandparents and adults who would like to present kids with good books to develop the reading habit among the little ones.
Bodhayan Prasad
Nivant
Jan 15, 2017
Awendt06
Aug 06, 2016
Strictly Reviews: Requesting review for Children's book 4 21 Jun 05, 2017 08:26AM
PRIYA NARAYANAN is an avid traveler, voracious reader, passionate designer, and doting mother of two. Clearly, she loves her adjectives! While as a child, she loved to dream, she now has to make do with daydreaming over many cups of coffee and chocolate chip ice cream. She believes that there are stories lurking around every corner, waiting to be captured and revealed to the world and she hopes to ...more
More about Priya Narayanan...