Jump to ratings and reviews

Weakness #1

Weak for Him

Money. Bright lights. Sex.

Jennifer is made an offer: sell her virginity to the highest bidder and transform into one of Finnley's girls. But she finds herself weak for him, and doesn't fully realize what she's agreed to until it's too late.

Will she rise to the challenge and play by the rules in a land where money is king and love is prohibited? Or will she lose herself and values in the attempt?

Weak for Him has unlady-like language, adult subject matter, and s-e-x-ual situations. There is resolution at the end but the story does continue on to Weak Without Him.

298 pages, ebook

First published January 11, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Lyra Parish

14 books736 followers
Lyra Parish loves to write, glamp, and sing obnoxiously loud at the top of her lungs in the shower. Sweet love stories (along with the dirty ones) make her gush. She is a firm believer that a person can never have too many cups of coffee, cats, or happily ever afters. When she isn't busy writing under bestselling pseudonym Kennedy Fox with Brooke Cumberland, she can be found sipping various beverages from her non-alcoholic drink buffet, pimp slapping excel spreadsheets, or riding her bike. Lyra lives in Texas with her glassblowing, guitar-playing hubby and black cat named Nibbler.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
139 (8%)
1 star
84 (5%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 256 reviews
Profile Image for Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~.
797 reviews745 followers
January 16, 2014
This review has tons of spoilers so read at your own risk! :) It's one of those books that I should have known better than to read it....

no photo tumblr_lpist3gU7T1qbn4o5o1_500_zpsbec40c52.gif

Jennifer Downs parents die and she sells their house and moves to Las Vegas. She plans to get a job at an accounting firm there and work her way to becoming a CPA.

While relaxing in her hotel suite a man walks into her room and she freaks out. He was accidentally given the key card to her room. She freaks out and throws the shampoo bottle at him and gets dressed to go bitch to management.

While downstairs griping at management she sees the guy and he gives her his business card and says if she is looking for a job he has one for her.

Well things don't work out for her at the accounting firm and she decides to call Mr. Finnley Felton about a job. She shows up and he immediately tells her to strip naked because he sells sex. She decides YOLO

(Yes, Really)

and does strips down even though she is a 22 year old virgin and was previously freaked about this man seeing her naked.

aghhhhhh photo tumblr_inline_mkk6e1rAPy1raaalo_zps697853f1.gif

This is the point the book started to go downhill for me...Granted this was only like the beginning of the book too, but I stuck it out thanks to my BBB, J.

Jennifer has to be THE sluttiest virgin I have ever met. She talks about all these fantasies she has had with being taken and etc etc and she's never even had an orgasm??

photo 7627893_zps4773a68d.gif

"Parting my sex, he rubbed clockwise with his index and middle finger allowing my wetness to lubricate."

photo 7627894_zps0c69b9b2.gif

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Does clockwise or fucking counter clockwise really matter? Also how turned on are you gonna be reading this sentence? Did you put your index and middle fingers together so you can see what fingers he was using to make this slutty virgin come?

no photo tumblr_inline_mxifu2JirC1ryb0hd_zps78a88d1d.gif

It's like she meets him and she's all willing to give it up to him even though they decide to sell her virginity to the highest bidder.

"No panties today. I didn't feel like it. I wanted to be scandalous in my own little way."

come on photo tumblr_mt9xylz8bE1sgr62no1_500_zps82aea470.gif

So anyways she is paired up to go out on a date with Luketon (Hate that name, almost as bad as Finnley) and they have such fun and their date is full of rainbows and sunshine when they go play at the park and he's a rich artist blah blah blah....

She continues to go on dates with Luke and she likes him and he likes her and gets a key tattooed on his body because she has the key to his heart....

photo no-aw-hell-naw_zpsc5eb3c73.gif

Luke and Jen mess around a little bit but no sex since her virginity is still up for sale.

"His rock-hard manhood wanted me, and I wanted it."

interesting photo revolution_zps666fa0ca.gif

Jen still has the hots for asshole Finley but he doesn't want her and makes it clear she's just his employee and this is a job for him to teach her how to be sexy.

job photo giOntby_zpsfee8659e.gif

Oh but then her BFF Abbie almost has sex with him. WTF was up with that...

Luke bids for Jennifer's virginity because you know that makes sense to do that when you love someone to pay to have sex with them right?

Right when they are about to do the deed.....Guess what happens???

OF COURSE! Fucking Finnley Finnster Felton can't let her go through with it! He loves her! He doesn't want her to get the big D from anyone but him!

eye rolling photo 860276_zps957992af.gif

And then the shocker that had absolutely no relevance to the story in my opinion

fuck photo tumblr_inline_mooajiLkbP1qz4rgp_zps727f2528.gif

So after he steals her away from Luketon they decide to finally get down to business.

"I had never given head before, but I had been told how. I would have to remember to thank Lori for the graphic banana show later"

EXPECTATION

REALITY

"Figure eights and circles from his tongue urged me to push harder into him"

And then finally.....

"The most beautiful woman in the world gave me her virginity, which was so scared, so pure that every emotion inside of me sprung to life. I would treasure that moment until the day I died."

kidding photo tumblr_mebwqcMdWJ1rqli3p_zps890e7dc6.gif

You were just going to sell her virginity to the highest bidder!!! But you are in loooooove now...

The best part about this book was when it was over!

smile photo tumblr_lw3ro4ggEa1r1gnro_zpsea22a55d.gif

Hey and if you don't like my review

photo cinderella-whatever-gif-i17_zpsec82be65.gif
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time.
1,921 reviews3,431 followers
July 12, 2016
1.5--Nobody Says This Shit--Stars!!!

Just no.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead

Jennifer moves to Vegas after the death of her parents. She's a college graduate looking to get a job with an accounting firm. While leisurely bathing in her hotel room, in walks Finnley Fenton.

Jennifer is appalled. How dare he see her pure naked body. You see, Jennifer is a virgin. Nevermind the fact that a few days later she finds herself in Finnley's office for a job. First thing he says when she walks in...."Take off your clothes."

So she does.

She goes to work for Finn, after signing her 500 page contract.

He plans to sell her virginity to the highest bidder.

"I could admit that I was a sweet lay, but really? Could I sell my virginity"

So he trains her and shows her how to be sexy. Teaches her what she likes, what feels good. Asks her what her fantasies are.

I'm sorry but for a virgin who's never had an orgasm....Jennifer was slutty.

Jennifer's attracted to Finn but he's her boss and he's selling her virginity. She gets matched up with Luketon and they go on some dates and he takes her away for the weekend. Guess where? No really guess....

Her hometown in BFE Texas...to the very house she grew up in that was turned in to a bed and breakfast.

What are the odds?

Frankly, I felt their connection more than Jennifer and Finn's. Finn continues to "teach" Jennifer...i.e., make her think he likes her and wants more from her.

Luke falls in love with Jennifer (even gets the tattoo to prove it) and what says love better than paying for sex???

Jennifer goes out to a bar and gets drugged. Somehow her BFF Abbie magically appears in town. And what does she do....proceeds to try to sleep with Finn.

Now I pretty much hate everyone, with the exception of Luke.

It's D day now...time to hand that virginity over on a silver platter. Luke has a special night planned....things are getting how and heavy when

Finn to the rescue.

"No fucking way I am going to lose you to this bastard. You are mine, Jennifer. I don't feel like sharing my secret recipe."

Y'all didn't really think Finn was going to let Luke take her virginity did you???

Then we find out that Luke and Finn were actually

Finn and Jennifer get it on...

I mean aside from the storyline as a whole....asshole Finn....annoying virgin slut Jennifer.....and that bitch Abbie...my biggest problem with this book was the dialogue.

I'll provide you with some of my favorites.

"My hormones, not whore moans, went haywire."

"I drank the horny potion, and I needed to get it out."

"I was Little Red Riding Hood, and the men that desired my virginity were the big, bad wolves, licking their lips as I passed, hoping to catch a whiff of my purity while offering thousands of dollars for just one night to be inside me."

"He used his teeth and nibbled my bottom lip, and then his tongue found mine and saliva mingled, creating a mixture of Jennifer and Finnley, a love potion so strong that Cupid himself couldn't claim it."

"Honestly, I halfway expected a fairy sex mother to pop up and give me a no-longer-a-virgin badge."

"I expected to wake up with a wad in my underwear, but this was no dream."

I need a drink.

Profile Image for Patrycja.
639 reviews3,803 followers

Release Date: January 15th, 2014
Rating: 3 stars
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA:

Weak For Him was electrifying. Sexy. Adventurous. Bizarre. Overpowering. Incontrollable. Strange. Deliciously Insane. Odd. Mind fuckable. Confusing.

It made quite the impression on me, not always the good one, yet it is good thing that I felt that way. Why? Because my curiosity was quenched, my need for dominance satisfied, my mind felt very well used, and despite some issues I had, I will say that Lyra Parish wrote promising for the future debut novel. Maybe not the best, I Can’t Live Without Not Knowing What Will Happen Next, but she definitely goes in that direction and maybe someday I will be fangirling about her books.

This is odd story. It starts very interesting and promising, but somewhere along we reached the border between Realistic/I’m Skeptical But I Can Believe In It to It’s So Unrealistic I Feel Mind Fucked, and yeah this border was crossed.

There were moments when I was considering if I still liked it despite the ridiculousness of things or was I reading it only to learn how much weird things could get. I feel, I got stuck somewhere in the middle, so three stars is it.

This story follows Jennifer Downs, twenty two year old virgin, that decided to start her new, adult live in Vegas after she lost her only ties to Texas, when her parents passed away. She packed her things and went to a very nice hotel in Las Vegas, while hoping to get a job as an accountant in one of the local companies.

While she was relaxing in her bathroom and bathing, a very handsome man caught her naked. Thanks to the mistake that hotel’s stuff made, while double booking the hotel room, Jennifer met Finnley Felton who offered her a job.

When her gig in accounting company didn’t work out, she decided to take him up on his offer. However, she didn’t know that Felton is a CEO in company offering sexual encounters and he wanted her as an escort and sell her virginity.

Jennifer agreed, as she was smitten with Finn. He definitely shared the same feelings. The bad thing was that relationships between an escort and the boss is prohibited.
What I found unrealistic:

*Why Finnley was in hotel when he lived in Vegas. Why he booked the same room as Jennifer, when clearly he was very rich, and she was not.

*Why Jennifer so quickly agreed to selling her V-card, she didn’t exactly need to do so

*Why relationship between an escort and Felton was forbidden, when in truth he was the boss, so he could fuck who he pleased to.

And there are few more “Why’s” but I don’t want to spoil the book, so I will keep them to myslef.

I just found myslef not quite getting the plot.

Weak For Him was sexy. It had some deliciously hot moments, that I very much enjoyed. Finnley could dirty talked me to oblivion. While he stopped being an asshole, I was starting to like him. The sex scenes were so alluring that I was coaxed into wanting to read more. I was quickly forgetting about the plot holes.

From time to time, I discovered a little gems hidden between pages of the book. I collected and cherished every one of them. Lyra Parish, nailed some things about love and passion.

Overall, I’m looking forward to read more by this author. I want to see Lyra Parish future books and see if she can develop her passion for writing. Weak For Him is certainly sexy, bordering on hot read, that will be immensely enjoyed by readers who are fresh into this category.

ARC, courtesy of an author, Lyra Parish in exchange for honest review

Profile Image for Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen.
1,681 reviews595 followers
January 14, 2014
Book – Weak for Him (Weakness #1)
Author – Lyra Parish
Publication Date – January 11, 2014
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Romance
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Release Blitz on Blog - January 15 with Giveaway!

Review
I honestly enjoyed the story-line and the sex was fucking OFF THE ROOF!! I didn’t know sex without intercourse could be so f’ing HOT….but Finnley Felton can make even an 80 year old great-grandmom cream her panties!......ewwww……I just got a visual of that and threw up a bit in my mouth…..OK……let’s just say that Finnley is S-E-X magnified a million times!

I loved Jennifer….I loved her character…..I loved her sass and her “truck-driver” mouth!  I loved her strength and her will to continue on even when her heart was breaking.  She picked up those pieces – forced herself to forget and moved on to greener pastures.

Finnley made me so frustrated (hence the less star) that I continually wanted to throw my phone against the wall and tell the dude to make up his fucking mind.  What a twat-licker and douche-canoe…..UGH even thinking about it makes my blood boil.  His only redeeming quality was to get me to a point where I had to go visit BOB a few times!

Put Jennifer and Finnley together and we go on a ‘magic carpet ride’ between angst, dominance, love, frustration, innocence, quality banter and heartbreak.  Jennifer wants Finnley and feels that he wants her but she keeps getting mixed signals from him which puts her emotions through the ringer.  This is definitely a hair puller, angsty ride!

Re-Cap
Jennifer packs everything up and moves to Vegas in order to start her life all over again but little does she know someone already has his eyes set on her and will do anything to have her in his employ.

It’s not an easy decision for Jennifer – sell her virginity to the highest bidder and become one of Finnley’s “Elite”.  After juggling the pros and cons of losing her virginity, it finally comes to the point where she just thinks of her ‘V-Card’ as a hindrance and just wants it gone.

Through training with Finnley, Jennifer starts to feel the pull and magnetism to Finnley, well that is until she meets the highest bidder…..awww….swooon Luketon.  Luketon treats Jennifer like the delicate flower he pictures her to be, but Jennifer’s thoughts seem to keep flying back to Finnley.

But Finnley isn’t having any of that….he doesn’t do relationships and there is a MAJOR rule in the land of The Elite…..NEVER FALL IN LOVE with your clients or your boss.  Finnley continues to get hot and then cold…pushing Jennifer toward Luketon but then getting irritated about her relationship with him.

Just when Jennifer is about to give up her V-Card you will never believe this but……..oh…..sorry – gotta leave this review on that note.

Wrap Up
If you want to find out who Jennifer gives her virginity to….or who Luketon really is or maybe what happens when Jennifer’s best friend comes to visit….then pick up this book!

For more reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zps637f7ed8.jpg
Profile Image for SueBee★bring me an alpha!★.
2,417 reviews13.8k followers
Want to read
August 28, 2017
 photo FreeTuXBbysb_zps5b0c2c6e.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/7/2015)

BLURB:

Money. Bright lights. Sex.

Weak for him is not considered a "dark" read, but does have unlady-like language, adult subject matter, and s-e-x-ual situations.

Profile Image for Tiffany Lagrone.
28 reviews4 followers
November 22, 2013
Wow! Where to start...So I was blown away by this book from the very get go. I got the pleasure of being asked to Beta read "Weak For Him" and I do not regret my decision to say yes. I was drawn in just in the first five chapters of the book. I did everything with this book from eating all the way to taking it to the bathroom with me, because I did not want to put it down. The main character Jennifer is a foul mouthed, free spirit that is tired of living a modest lifestyle and after the death of her parents, she decides to go to where else? Vegas Baby! Jennifer had her plan of what she was going to do in Vegas and where she would work and live. Plans change...She finds herself out of the job of her dreams, but a mishap occurred and because of that mishap, Jennifer was thrown into a job interview with Mr. Felton. Little does she know that Finnley Felton does not run your average run of the mill business. Jennifer is faced with Felton's job offer or go back to Texas and she does not want that. With "Weak For Him" you are going to get a rollercoaster of goodness. I personally found myself going through the emotions that Jennifer was going through and that is just awesome in my opinion. I do not have anything bad to say about this book, so there you have it. I would so recommend this book and I cannot wait to read everything that Lyra has coming to us.
Profile Image for Just My Bucking Book Blog.
123 reviews88 followers
September 1, 2016
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of Weak for Him from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Title: Weak for Him (Weakness #1)
Author: Lyra Parish
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Series: Weakness
Publication Date: January 15th 2014

5 BUCKING STARS!!

Wow!

Holy shit!

How is this a debut novel?

Those are a couple of thoughts that come to mind whilst reading Weak for Him! Not only is it sexy, captivating, beautifully written, gripping, hotter than hell itself but it is beyond interesting and leaves you with absolutely no choice but to read it in one sitting!

One more chapter syndrome defines this book!

Why you ask? Because of Finnley fucking Felton, that's why!

"Have you heard the saying, 'sex sells'? Well, I'm the supplier."

This delectable man is all alpha, all the time! His dominance is one of the hottest things in a male character that I have read about in a long ass time. He really makes 'my way or the highway' a complete turn on! Not only is this man smoking hot but he is smart, charming and funny. Top that off with his no bullshit attitude and ladies, I give you sex on legs!

Our leading lady, Jennifer Downs, learns this the 'hard' way or the easy way depending on how to look at it ;). We meet her during an unfortunate moment in her life. She is packing up and literally leaving her life, memories and friends behind while she sets off to find a new place to call home, a place where she can start over and not feel burdened or haunted. That place is the City of Sin.

Jennifer is a 22 year old virgin that is a foul mouthed, sarcastic beyond belief, independent bitch woman who has a plan for her life in Vegas. Finnley Felton isn't part of that plan but when he literally walks in on Jennifer's one on one bath time after the hotel they're both staying at double booked the room, unknowingly to the both of them he not only becomes a major part of that plan but a major part of her future and her to his.

After an interview for a job falls through for her, Jennifer turns to Finnley in hopes to get a job in his company. She was offered a job al-right but not in the company that the public knows, she was offered a position to be one of Finnley's 'girls' in a extremely private group for the world's most beautiful escort's called The Elite.

Her first order of work would be to sell her virginity which I think is a huge deal! I wouldn't have agreed to the deal no matter how desperate I was because I'm old school and believe it is something too special to be simply given to the highest bidder. I didn't have a problem that Jennifer agreed to it though, everyone to each their own after all.

When Jennifer's training to be an Elite girl starts, we learn the rules of the company. There is a shit load of them but the most important to us readers would be that Elite girls are not allowed to have emotional feelings for their clients or their boss. They are also not allowed have sex with said boss.

This fucking killed me because the chemistry and sexual tension between Finn and Jennifer was hot beyond belief! Finnley knows how to dirty talk and with a simple sentence he can easily put Jennifer (and me) on edge. The fucker did this through 90% of the book, the suspense on when they were going to hook up kept me gripping the edges of my Kindle because I just wanted needed it to happen!

Finnley is a business man though and Jennifer is an important employee who has sparked a lot of interest amongst clients with her virginity for sale so he won't touch her no matter how much he and she wants it.

One of those interested clients is Luketon Brand. Can I just stop this review right here and say oh my fucking God? I can? Great!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!

We don't only have one British delectable man to swoon over! Oh, no, Lyra has given not one but TWO of them. I love me some Finnley, I actually love that he is an arsehole but lord above I want Luke so bad. He is a tattooed piece of art AND he is a sweetheart!

Definition. Of. A. Babe!!

His part in the story was awesome and very vital for the outcome at the end! ;)

Weak for Him is a must read. If my description and personal thoughts on the book spark your interest, pick up a copy on January 15th 2014 and I assure you that you won't be disappointed! I am already DYING for the second instalment in the series. Weak for Him was Lyra's debut, her fucking debut, and to me it is just perfect. Her writing will only get better and so will this series! I won't be surprised if this book is a best-seller!! It's brilliant! I'm so ready for book 2!

Bring. It. On!!

Favourite Quotes:

"How could someone so rude, condescending, and assholish have this effect on me? Was assholish even a word?" - Jennifer on Finnley

"Come on, baby. I'm going to take you on the ride of your life." - Finnley to Jennifer

"Get the fuck off her," Finnley yelled." Finnley to Luke

"I was fucking weak for her" - Finnley on Jennifer

Just My Bucking Book Blog

Profile Image for ❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books.
2,113 reviews7,130 followers
July 21, 2016
4 Truly Hot Fin Stars!!

Also this review will be without spoilers because of the fact that it is an arc..

I didn't really know what to expect going into this book, I loved the synopsis and the cover, so I was pretty much sold then..But I found once I picked this up life just had to go on hold, I couldn't put it down!!

Instead of studying for her final exams, Jennifer had to plan two funerals, and instead of walking across the stage during her college graduation, she buried her two parents..

The one lesson she learn't from that was to live like the sun wouldn't rise tomorrow..After settling a few things she was bound for Las Vegas..

Arriving in Vegas, booking herself into a hotel and settling in she never expected to see a separate tub and shower or the honey suckle scented bubble bath which seemed to be calling her name..

On the verge of falling asleep the bathroom door creaks open, she wasn't quick enough to cover her naked body before the man in the black designer suit got an eye full..

"Oh, I'm sorry, Miss, he said with a British accent..Eeeekkkkk
Jennifer yells "Get out!" and throws a bottle of body wash his way!!

The next morning she notices a black envelope under her door, opening it up a business card fell to the ground..Within it's confines is a note..

Ms. Downs, Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for disturbing you last-night. The hotel I hope, compensated you for their foolish mistake. I over heard you in the lobby, telling the woman you drove from Texas to Vegas alone. Impressive. You must be a woman of determination. If you are here for the long term and are looking for a job, I would love to give you a chance. Feel free to call my office.
Regards, Finnley Felton.

The next day!!

"Thank you for allowing me to interview. I've brought my resume and a list of recommendations, I'd love to join your accounting team if you'd allow me." (LAUGHS)!! This is where things go from warm to scorching hot!! And don't expect a normal interview here!!

And this is where I'm going to stop my review, only because if I carry on I'm liable to give so many vital parts of the story away..But be prepared for a hot ride!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,101 reviews1,251 followers
January 8, 2015
[image error]

Obsessed. That is one way to describe Weak for Him by Lyra Parish as I devoured this book. I happen to stumble across this book while it was free on Amazon and immediately I was sold on when I read this line, “‘Have you heard the saying. ‘ sex sells’? Well, I’m the supplier.” If you know me, my first thought was WOW and I must read this book NOW. So, right off the first page, I was hooked and could not put this book down. Well, Lyra Parish definitely sold me on this book and I’m instant fan now who can’t wait to read more of her books.

#WFH

In Weak for Him, Ms. Parish chronicles the life of a 22 year old female named Jennifer Downs as she moves from her small town of Texas to the city of Sin, Las Vegas. The bright lights, the beautiful women, money, sex, and men are all thrown into the mix as Jennifer embarks on her new life of independence. When circumstances arises that forces Jennifer to take another career option, she comes face to face with a man who offers her a temptation she cannot resist. Enter Mr. Finnley Felton, a British entrepreneur. Mr. Felton is the supplier of sex who offers Jennifer a business traction that she couldn’t refuse to sell her virginity to the highest bidder.

#WFH1

The relationship of Jennifer and Finn can only be described as a push and pull. One minute this couple is hot and the next it’s cold. But one thing, you can’t deny is the burning attraction between these two. The sexual tension between Jennifer and Finn is the biggest draw to the storyline because Ms. Parish allows the readers to slowly peel the layers between them. There is no denying the lust and sexual energy that is oozing off them, but there is something always holding them back. Will Jennifer be able to slowly peel the layers that Mr. Felton has? Can Jennifer really offer her virginity and sell it to the highest bidder? And when a third party comes into the mix, will jealousy come to the play as Mr. Felton plays this dangerous game of control?

#WFH2

Lyra Parish, you have definitely sold me on this book and series. I crave for what you have in store next for Jennifer and Finn. Weak for Him ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger, not a major one but it definitely has you wanting the next book. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It had elements of steam, a different kind of romance and suspense. Weak for Him is a book of layers where you had to understand the motives of each of the characters. And I love that this book allows readers to slowly unmask the feelings and raw vulnerabilities of the characters whether it be anger, pain, lust, love, or jealousy. As the story progresses, maybe its not Jennifer who is weak for Finn. Maybe they are weak for each other?

Lyra Parish

[image error]
Profile Image for ❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃.
810 reviews593 followers
September 3, 2016
DNF @ 25%

I’d picked soo many holes in the book up to the quarter mark, I couldn't bring myself to read the rest.

Some sentences seemed unnecessary or lacked in the writing department:
'I punched seventeen on the elevator and within a blink I was at my room.' Why within a blink? Dunno.
'His eyes, the color of grass, met mine.' Great description, why not just say green?
She says; 'Tonight, I will get sloppy drunk. First time for everything.' The morning after she says; 'Hangovers sucked royally...' as if speaking from experience.
'The words hit me like cool water.'

Finnley bothered me from the start:
Insisting she strip for him at the start of an interview, even though she doesn't know what the job is. She does strip, she's apparently desperate for a job? Dunno why, didn't she just sell a house? And of course, stripping for him isn't SO bad 'cos he's a handsome mofo.

He says he's got a knack for knowing if girls are virgins or not. 'I could tell when I touched you. (Groped her boobs without permission) Your reaction- you actually flinched.' Yeah well, a virtual stranger groping my boobs without a reason or invitation, I would too.

I always have problems with the escort books that try to convince you selling sex is classy and perfect. So I became annoyed at his denial that he's not a pimp, but runs a high end call girl service, that women beg to work for him and men pay thousands for his women.

Then there's the similarities between this and Fifty Shades of Grey. The Driver. The virginity. Supplying of clothes. Making her wear her hair a certain way. The Training. The Contract.

If one of my more critical reviewer friends can convince me to read the rest, then I will. But I didn't enjoy any of what I did read.
Profile Image for Nadine ShelfLove.
444 reviews192 followers
March 25, 2014
SALES ALERT!!!Limited time only
★Amazon US $.99 - http://tinyurl.com/mnsh8k6
_______________________________________

4.5 Elite ★ - SPOILER FREE REVIEW

First off, the blurb doesn’t do the book any justice…you will notice when you read the first 15% that it’s quite different than expected- positively of course!! I was sucked into the story and finished the book in one session. Yep at 5:20am I closed my kindle happily. As for this being a debut novel it totally rocked, surprised, and made me want to find out more.

As we learn from the synopsis, Jennifer is a virgin with 22. She’s one feisty, foul-mouthed, but gorgeous young woman and I loved her. Her bitchiness and comments mirrored my own humor and I couldn’t get enough. She’s a picture-perfect, big mouthed cock tease and I adored her (sorry for the language!).

Jenn took off and left her home in Texas to start fresh in Las Vegas –Sin City. Unfortunately her first two days in Vegas end in a disaster – first, a guy enters her hotel room and got a good look at her naked in the bathtub and then she got rejected from an important job interview. So yeah, not the perfect start into a new life.

But, the stranger that accidently entered her room left a note behind, offering her a job opportunity to his apology. Little did she know who Finnley Felton is or what he’s doing for a living. All she knows he’s smokin’ hot.

Finnley sells sex…yes, the finest of the finest only. His ladies are the Elite and his business is no trashy escort service, nope –it’s way more exquisite and his clients pay a ton of money to be with his woman.

What does Jenn has to lose? Nothing, so she goes blindly into this job interview, still thinking it’s for an accounting job and ends minutes later naked in front of her future boss. Yep, that’s a different kind of interview I’d say.

He sees the value in her….and much more… everything she doesn’t want to see.

Will she become an Elite too? Sell her virginity to the highest bidder?
”A heavy price tag sat on my shoulders, and locked tightly around my neck almost chocking me.”

Or will she throw the towel and show him the bird? After all, her future boss screams sex, but as an Elite, there are rules and getting too cozy with her boss or a client ain’t one of them.

”The man was fucking intoxicating to the bone and I hated him for putting a spell on me. I didn’t believe in love at first sight, but lust, yes, I was firm believer of lust at first site… That asshole.”

No risk no fun, right?
Well…. then welcome to the Elite team Jennifer!

This story was captivating me, not because it was super angsty or gritty but because I loved this back and forth between Jenn and Finn. You could tell there was way more meaning behind every lil touch, look, or comment. It was intoxicating to read their steamy encounters, which were work-preparation meetings *cough*, right ;)

But how long can you fight against lust? A lust, which pull is so strong you can’t longer deny it and you just have to let it guide you…
I will tell you when you can’t deny the obvious anymore: Right when Luke, another smokin’ dude, enters the pictures! Yep, he’s a client, a special kind of client…. Oh and that’s when the actual fun begins, ladies!!

Luke is the highest bidder for Jenn and her V-card… So, will Finn grow some balls and man up or will Luke be the lucky man to capture Jenn’s V-card?

”She was a strong lioness that constantly attacked me with her beauty and smarts, and bitchy attitude. The only woman that made me feel since ….” ~Finn

Find out for yourself.

I really enjoyed this book. The plot, the setting and the side-characters rounded the picture up. The reading flow was great and I couldn’t get enough. It’s steamy but not smutty and it was refreshing to read.
Finn’s epilogue was like the cherry on top of the cream –awesome. I’m a big fan of man pov and reading this at the end made his attentions clearer and it couldn’t hold back my shit-eating grin.

I totally recommend Lyra’s debut and no, there’s not a cliffhanger. It’s end quite obvious, but all you want is to find out more, how it continues. So yeah, I’m excited to read the sequel Weak without Him.

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for honest review
Profile Image for Alaina-Jeneesbookblog.
107 reviews30 followers
January 20, 2014
She's a small town Texas girl

He's a Vegas multi million dollar mogul

She's a 22 yr old virgin

He sells sex for a living... And he wants HER...

Will she join HIM?

Jennifer Downs decides to move to Vegas after the death of her parents. She hopes to land an accounting job but ends up in a situation no virgin desires to be in.

Finnley Feldon has offered Jennifer a position in his elite escort service. He wants to sell her virginity to his highest bidder and make them both extremely wealthy in the process.

Reluctantly, Jennifer agrees.

But during her escort training with Mr. Feldon they find themselves extremely attracted to one another with undeniable chemistry.

Yet Finnley has rules....one of them being never to date a co-worker. And with the highest bidder already chosen for Jennifer's virginity, a lot is at stake. Can Finnley stick the original plan? Or will his heart finally win out?

I loved this book! I found it so different and refreshing...a true work of fiction. Because let's face it, not many virgins would just up and join an escort service...but that's the beauty of fiction literature!

This was author Lyra Parish's debut novel and I thought she did a fabulous job. The blurb hooked me from the moment I read it and the story line definitely delivered.

Finnley and Jennifer had a magnetic pull between the two of them. From the moment she stripped in his office I remember thinking, "game on bitches!" I knew these two would have a hard time sticking with the initial plan, and Finnley is tempted many times...often exploring Jennifer's body with foreplay which he masks as "training." But once she discovers foreplay with her boss isn't normal protocol, it's dawns on Jennifer that her feelings aren't unrequited after all. But Finnley struggles with his feelings...to the point where I was ready to throw my iPad, find a guy named Finnley, and beat his ass. This dude had me damn near panting by the time he makes his mind up! But it was worth the wait....oh yes, it was!

For anyone whose looking for a fun and steamy romance, I highly recommend Weak For Him!! Finnley Feldon is YUM!!! 4.5 stars!!!
Profile Image for Megan Martin.
Author 21 books624 followers
December 23, 2013
Holy fucking crap y'all!!!!!!!!!

(I promise no spoilers because this book isn't out yet.)

I hardly have words to explain all of my feels for this book right now. I received an ARC from the author (thanks Lyra!!). I knew I would like it just by checking out the description. I knew it. Sex. Alpha male. Money. Dude, it was written for me.

Finnley Felton is a total fucking asshole. (I'm pretty sure he's my soul mate). The way he treats Jennifer is emotionally confusing and sexually frustrating. In a good way. Their relationship is complicated and full of angst. I seriously LOVED every second of it.

There were moments when I was so damn frustrated I couldn't handle it. I wanted to shout at my kindle. There were moments when I cheered.  There was one moment where I wanted to cut Finnley's ball sack off.

You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there. I'm still a little pissed off about it, LOL.

Overall, I read this book in one sitting. I seriously couldn't put it down. There was one point where I had to pee and literally held it because my kindle needed to be on the charger and couldn't go with me. (LOL, that's when you know a book is awesome!) I really just loved every minute of this book and I can't wait to read the sequel. I know it is going to rock!

If I could I would give this book like thirty more stars, y'all! <3 Seriously buy it when it comes out on January 15th!!!

Profile Image for Christine.
750 reviews14 followers
December 25, 2013
I recieved an ARC so I won't give a urging away!!!

Wellllll wow. This was hot, intense, completely confusing, and then BAM! The story takes a HUGE turn!

"Love could be cruel and toxic and overpowering. Love could jab you in the heart and leave you dry, but love can also make the birds song louder, make the music more lovelier and make the wind blow sweeter."

This was a strange story. I actually really liked it. It was hot as h-e-l-l!!!! For being a virgin who goes into The Elite.... She was feisty as all get out and didn't piss me off at all. I actually kinda admired her!!!

It's kinda a short story, I read it in two hours, so I can't say much in my review....
But a it is a book I'll definitely read again!

"Although love is precious and love is kind, it is still forbidden if you are an Elite!"

I should also add that this is not as bad as one might think when reading a book with this material. Just so everyone knows, it's actually not too "dark" at all, and I've read a lot of dark books. Just FYI!
Profile Image for Lisa Guzman.
1,168 reviews5 followers
December 23, 2013
***ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my word... Talk about being hot and bothered. I was like that the entire time reading this book from the very beginning to the very end. Ladies, make sure you have your B.O.B. nearby.

Jennifer is twenty two years old, just lost her parents, sold her family home, and said goodbye to her life in Texas and moved to Sin City. She had plan. Nail her interview at a prestigious accounting firm and work her way up the corporate ladder. Did I mention she is a VIRGIN! Unfortunately Lady Luck had other plans for her in Sin City in the form of Finnley Felton. Finnley is the man who sells sex and owns Elite an upscale call service. And I mean upscale where clients pay 20k per night to be with one of his girls. Oh and he is super sexy!

With Jennifer's job interview at the accounting firm a bust she decides to take a chance and meet Finnley for what she believes would be a position in accounting department. Unfortunately that is not the "position" he has in mind for her. This interview with him will change everything for Jennifer. Instead he offers her a position as one of his Elite girls and offers to sell her virginity to the highest bidder. She decides to take a gamble and accept his offer. The only problem with gambling is that sometimes you win and and sometimes you lose. Now she has the opportunity to earn lots of money as long as she follows one key rule: Don't fall in love with a coworker or a client. That is grounds for immediate termination. No problem huh! Yeah right! Not when you have sexy Finnley as your "personal" sex coach and Luke who is just as sexy as your client who just paid a pretty penny for Jennifer's V card.

Ok ladies, this book is one hell of a read. The sexual tension between Jennifer and Finnley gave me whiplash with all their back and forth games, but boy did I love them also. Then there is Luke who I fell in love with. He is everything a woman wants in a man. Hell I wanted him! When the big moment comes to turn in her V card who will be the one to get it?

Lyra Parish did an amazing job on these characters. The writing was excellent. The story was superb. I spent all day reading this book and couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read book two when it comes out.(less)
4 minutes ago · delete
Profile Image for Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench).
175 reviews23 followers
August 6, 2016
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review....and boy am I glad I did!*

I got lucky and weaseled my way into beta reading this book...AND I LOVED IT! First off Lyra Parish does an amazing job making you feel like you are right there in the story the whole time. The characters are developed beautifully and the flow and plot of the story is awesome. She never leaves you lacking. I felt sated and satisfied thru the entire book. Her choice of words and the way she shapes her story with them is gorgeous.

Jennifer Downs, who I'm happy to say is not a whiner nor mega bitch extraordinaire, flees her hometown after years of living there alone after the death of her parents. She decides to take her chances in Vegas wanting to get hired on at one of the most renowned companies in the world. She meets Finnley Felton, sex god yummy pants, when she gets settled in at her hotel. Life decides to throw her a curve ball and shatter her dreams when her chances to get her dream job fall through. Little did she know that Mr. Felton has other plans for her and offers her a job where she would never have to worry for anything. Become part of the Elite, a high class call girl service. The cost? Sell her virginity to the highest bidder and be set for life. Jennifer accepts, refusing to go back to Texas where no one and nothing await her return. She has nothing here either except her heart clinging to the possibility of love with her boss Finnley which will get her fired and left with nothing. Will she be able to make it through this whole mess and not lose herself or her heart in the process? In a place where money rules all, will it rule her?

OMG I loved this book! I love the way it was written, the words used, the descriptiveness, the characters, and the story! You don't really know how to feel except positive about all this because Jennifer is. She is one determined little minx. The emotional turmoil she goes through while trying to keep a positive outlook and a smile on her face is enough to make someone else need a xanax. And to have to deal with the hawtness that is Finnley....dear god.....I couldn't do it if I had to. Did I say hawtness....make that schmexy hawtness! Throw in super mega foxy hawt Luke and my head imploded....dayum! (If you can't tell I'm soooooo team Luke *sigh*) Can I be Jennifer for a day so I can get my cake and eat it too please??

Bottom line...buy the damn book, have a towel and fan handy and get ready to light up those ciggs when your done cause your gonna need one.
Profile Image for Brit.
Author 10 books149 followers
January 1, 2014
*ARC provided by author for an honest review*

First I wanna say I'm honored to be giving an ARC, This book was refreshing and delightful. I couldnt stop reading it or even remotely put it down. This book got me out of my funk. Its written beautifully, and I just cant believe that cliffhanger. I need more to the story. I came in cheering for Jennifer and Finn but came out wanting Jennifer and Luketon. I must say this debut novel from Lyra Parish is a must read. you will not be disappointed. if you love fifty shades of grey you might enjoy this.
Congratulations Lyra Parish on your debut, I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Profile Image for Layla Hagen.
Author 51 books4,114 followers
September 12, 2016
I honestly loved these characters! Jennifer was a very strong heroine and had just the right amount of sass :)

And Finn, Finn. . .He was hot. As in sweet mother of **** HOT.
And I would root for him and Jennifer if not for the overly swoonworthy Luketon

Everything about this book was INTENSE. I could barely put it down when I was reading it, and when I did, I found myself thinking about it.
And the ending. . .oooh the ending:-D All I can say is, I can't wait for the next book :)
Profile Image for Sara.
733 reviews303 followers
August 13, 2016
Instead of graduating college with her peers, jennifer was burying her parents. Instead of celebrating, Jennifer was selling her childhood home. She couldn't stay in Texas, so down on her luck she heads to Vegas. In hopes of landing her dream job. But, than dream job interview doesnt go as planned...

Enter Finnley Felton. Seller of sex. Maker of dreams when your broke and unemployed.
Something is sexy and demanding about him. He's also an asshole.
They way he talks to her will make you want to slap him and then drop your panties.
He has a proposition. Be one of his girls. He can get her top dollar for her virginity. She'll have money and won't have to tuck tail back to Texas

So she thinks about it. And accepts. OMG she accepts!!

After being primped and taught how to act she's set out to see who will be interested in her.
"The contract stated I would have a dedicated week of training, but I didnt expect mannerism school. I expected to watch porn, learn how to give hand jobs, blow jobs, and to pop my ass out when I walked. My views on being a call girl were steadily changing"

One of the men interested is Luke. Luke is sweet where Finn is asshole. He's gentle compared to Finns rough. And he likes Jennifer too. Will he be her highest bidder to cash in her V card?

See this book isn't about a whore. It's about a girl taking charge and testing limits. It's about a hardened man testing his. Under that dickhead personality is a man who wants Jennifer all to himself. But there is a contract, and money.... rules. And Luke...who isnt exactly who I thought he was.

Theres also a hater bitch, a good friend, and a best friend I came to despise.

There were times I wanted Jennifer to tell Finn to go fly a kite. He was so hot and cold with her most of the time. But when he turned on the charm and engaged her in foreplay, it was hot. Now Luke, was more romantic with her and I liked him as well. But dickhead Finnley won me over.
Jennifer likes them both, but theres already a guy who has bid and won her virginity. And she wants to give it to him. Question is, who does she give it to? Is this far fetched at times, yes. Did the best friend part make sense? No.

The ending is not cliffy, but leaves room to continue.
"I think I may be in love", I said as I trailed my fingers across his stomach muscles and tucked my head into his arms. "I know....."

And it also leaves you wanting more. to know what his next step is...
Profile Image for Obsession Is A Book - Terrie .
250 reviews12 followers
January 15, 2014
(ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review)

I really liked the sound of this book from the synopsis and I wasn’t disappointed.

Jennifer heads to Vegas after burying her parents to start her life over. After having a stranger walk in on her in the bath and missing out on an interview at a prestigious firm Jennifer is stuck with what to do next. She receives an offer from the mystery bathroom man and decides to take her chances.

This book really did mess with my head. I mean I was all like YEAH and then NOOOOOO and then YEAH again and then NOOOO again. I think I’m still spinning and I FREAKING LOVE IT! I have never read a book like this before. It keeps you guessing and you really don’t know if there is to be a HEA and if there is a HEA who with? OMG talk about putting me on the edge of my seat with emotions alone. I believe this is a debut book for Lyra and WOW, just wow.

I can’t really say anymore without giving things away and I’m just not that type of gal. This is a MUST read book. I. FREAKING. LOVED. IT!
Profile Image for Jessica.
143 reviews34 followers
January 17, 2014
This book blew me away. I don't have the words to describe this book, so I will quote the book.

"Words never could replace emotions, no matter how powerful or well written. I'd once heard that words could move mountains, but so could Finn's lips."

I feel like words can't do this book justice. It's in a class all it's own. It evoked so many emotions in me, but mostly I felt the emotions of the main character, Jennifer Downs, loud and clear. I certainly lusted when she lusted. I was pissed when she was pissed. I was frustrated, deflated, elated, and overcome with the quick changes in her life.

"When I came to Vegas, I wanted change, but a complete 360?"

She moves from Texas to Las Vegas, after selling her family's home to become a bed and breakfast. She meets Finnley Felton who offers her an interview.

Finnley says, "I've got the perfect position for you, but I don't think you can handle it."

Jennifer thinks to herself, "To be one of Mr. Felton's girls, or not to be— that was the million-dollar question."

Random quotes that I loved:
Jennifer Downs (words or thoughts):
"Fucking asshole logic won't quit talking."

"I am Jennifer Downs. Most likely to succeed. Career-driven. Prudish. Pretty." "never been the type to say no to a challenge"

"He removed his hand from my panties, yet a-fucking-gain."

"Pure sex appeal on legs and a freak behind closed doors, just my virgin luck."

"Lust was ablaze, and it would burn the whole world down if we let it."

"My father would have stolen the moon for my mother and delivered it with a bow if he could have, and vice versa. Love. The word seemed so foreign."

"Can I tell you what I want you to do to me, sir?" Each time I said it, he tightened his grasp. I could feel his hardness against my body, and I knew he wanted me, and that alone gave me great satisfaction. To know that I was in control and that he still wanted me, sexually. I didn't struggle, I wanted him to take me, and if he wouldn't, I would drive him just as crazy as he drove me. Payback was a bitch."

Finnley Felton:
"My little virgin is so wet. I fucking love it. And so do you."

"You must have never been taught to really cook. It's rewarding to mix different ingredients together and create a concoction of something you want. Something that your body needs and desires. Something that satisfies you, but leaves you wanting more. And although you might want to share, and others may want a bite, you know deep down inside it's best to be greedy, and keep the secret to yourself. I don't particularly like to share."

"I'm a man who always gets what he wants. But recently, I've found myself caught between wants and needs, and am unsure of which path to take. Life. It's funny, isn't it?"

"You said last night that you wanted to please me. You do, Ms. Downs. You don't even fucking know."

"I've never loved another person since… I don't know how. But I know that loving you would be easy," he said, giving me more of his all-encapsulating kisses.

Finnley and Jennifer:
"I think I've fallen in love."
Mr. Felton watched me and laughed. "Most women say that to me."
"I was talking about the car?"
"This? This is my baby, and I am quite keen on her." He smoothed his hand over the body of the car. "This is my V."

"Sometimes when I'm stressed or need to get away from business, V and I will take a ride. She seems to be the only woman who can fully satisfy me with no fucking lip."
"Maybe if you didn't treat women like shit, you wouldn't get lip from them."

"Always the asshat, aren't you?"
"Only when you are the ass, Ms. Downs."

"You are such an asshole."
"That's Mr. Asshole to you."

Other Quotes:

"Jennifer. He looks at you like you are, like… you're the sunrise in the morning. The light of his day that greets him from the darkness."

I pulled up my big-girl-who-just-had-an-orgasm-in-her-boss's-office panties and swooshed my messy curls to the side as I buttoned my pants. The room was suffocating and I couldn't breathe. When I made it to the elevator all I could do was call him an asshole repeatedly. Fucking asshole, asshole,asshole! On the fifth floor, Jesse stepped into the elevator, and when the door shut, she laughed. Not a genuine one, but rather an evil bitch laugh. The type of laugh that only she could conjure from the pits of hell. "What?" I asked smugly.
"You're wearing a J.B.F face."
"J.B.F?"
"Seriously? Just been fucked, dumbass, and you smell like sex." I crossed my legs and could feel the wetness in my panties. When the glass elevator doors opened, all I wanted to do was burst through the lobby and never look back. But wait, people actually smelled like sex? And she could smell it? Either way, I was convinced that everyone in that building were nothing more than giant assholes. Anger coated me as realization set in. I had given that womanizing dickhead the pleasure of giving me my first orgasm."

Some additional favorite words, expressions, or concepts from Weak for Him:
*Pastabilities
*Magic Button
*Cranberry Wine
*"drank the horny potion"

Additional comments:

I have posted Weak for Him pictures, countdown, quotes etc. to Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.

I saved the best for last: Read this book!!!

Profile Image for Sitahiri.
24 reviews134 followers
December 4, 2014
Este libro va directo a mi listado de favoritos!!

No pude soltarlo hasta que lo terminé. Fue una lectura rápida que me enganchó desde el primer momento. Es fácil relacionarse con los personajes y te absorben a su mundo y me gustó el modo en el que se desarrolló la historia, haciendo que deseara seguir leyendo para averiguar más y más.

Jenn me pareció simpática y atrevida, con un lado oscuro y sexual que Finn ayudó a que saliera a la superficie. Una digna chica texana, con un carácter fuerte y decidida, que sabe lo que quiere en la vida y lucha por ello y que ha sido así desde pequeña... independiente. Que se fijó una meta y que busca una ventana si una puerta se cierra. Tras la muerte de sus padres decide irse a vivir a las Vegas y comenzar de nuevo, ser una persona que vive la vida como si fuera el último día y que quiere dejar el dolor y la pena atrás.
"Devastation could make a person stronger, or bitter, or depressed, and I didn't want to stick around to find out which I had acquired."

Me encantó la escena del primer encuentro con Finn. El único por el que fortaleza de Jenn se debilita aunque su carácter siga estando ahí.
"The men was fucking intoxicating to the bone and I hatted him for putting a spell on me. I didn't believe in love at first sight, but lust, yes, I was a firm believer of lust at first sight.That ashole."

No importaba cuánto la hacia enojar, sólo tenía que besarla para derretirse.
description
"His lips found mine again as if they were long lost lovers, and danced. This, I tought, would be the end of me, as he nibbled on my bottom lip between smiles.
The addictive forbidden kisses would be what destroyed me from the inside out."

Finn... *suspiro* tengo una debilidad por los chicos de ojos bonitos y acento británico. Un womanizer en toda la extensión de la palabra...
description
Con él las emociones van evolucionando de lujuria (para qué voy a mentir) porque con esas escenas...
description
Hasta, en mi caso, una relación amor-odio. Al principio se comportó como todo un caballero y luego como un imbécil, y sus cambios de humor me dieron tórticolis. Tuvo a Jenn en un constante estira y afloja. Un momento era tierno (a su manera) haciendo cosas que provocaban que Jenn se enamorara poco a poco de él y al siguiente la apartaba, escudando su comportamiento con los términos del contrato; puso en subasta su virginidad y luego no quería que nadie la tomara.
You are mine. I've told you time and time before. No one will take that away from me. No one...

description
Sin embargo, la forma en que Lyra lo describe y te cuenta su historia hace que poco a poco sientas algo por él, lo hace más humano y menos personaje ficticio. Y aunque en la tercera parte del libro, Finn hace algo que me hizo odiarlo con odio jarocho y otra que me parte el corazón...
description
...al final en cierto modo se redimió (aquí el epílogo es la clave)... pues siempre hay tres versiones para toda historia, tu verdad, la verdad del otro y la realidad que es algo intermedio... pero por mi parte, aún falta que se lo compense a Jenn.
Y luego está Luke, digamos que él es más tranquilo que Finn y con él te sientes a gusto desde el principio. Es tierno, amable y educado con Jenn, la hace reír y hay confianza entre los dos. La va conquistando poco a poco, haciéndola sentir especial e importante. Tiene detalles con ella que hacen que ella se abra con él y lo vea de un modo diferente a un mero cliente más, un extraño que pagó por tener una cita con ella.
Pero no sé por qué, tengo la impresión de que no es todo miel sobre hojuelas y que Luke no es todo lo que aparenta, como que hay un motivo ulterior a su modo de actuar debido a la relación que tiene con Finn (otra de las muchas sorpresas que Lyra añadió y que me dejó sorprendida cuando me enteré)
Y entonces tenemos a la virginidad de Jenn, o sí, debemos tomarla como un personaje más en esta historia, porque mucha de ésta gira en torno a ella.
Finn o Luke? Quién será? Al final sólo uno reúne estos tres puntos.

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for honest review
Profile Image for Shay.
1,267 reviews40 followers
December 30, 2013
I just finished Weak for Him and I just freaking loved it! I was pleasantly surprised because reading the synopsis, I didn't know if I was going to enjoy it as much. Sex sells. That is the key word in this story. Jennifer has had a run of bad luck, her parents died in a car wreck so instead of planning her graduation, she is planning their funeral. That is completely heartbreaking. At the beginning of the story she is signing over her childhood home and is leaving for Vegas. She has a plan, to get a job at Simon and Fitz Accounting Firm and work her way up, this does not include a sexy British suit walking in on her while she is taking a bath at the Bellagio Hotel that she is staying at. How embarrassing would that be. She complains and get comp service at the hotel and a note from Mr. Fenton(British Suit) offering her a job. She wants no part of him and goes to her interview. Flat tire, she ended up being late and they turned her down for that. Its either go home or find something else. She excepts the interview from Mr. Felton, what possible can she loose out on if she goes? The job is a classy escort service and has a lot of benefits. What will make her special is that she is a virgin and Mr. Fenton wants her but cant have her. She honestly is not sure what she wants to do. She has no choice but to go home or does she? You will have to read and see.

I really loved this story. What did it for me what both Jennifer and Finley. Finley has secrets and he is a tough business man and tries to be accommodating to all (grant it, in his own way) but he is an as@hole. You will love that about him. I didn't like him at first because of his smart aleck tendencies but I couldn't help it, I wanted him regardless. Jennifer is just amazing. I love her kick ass attitude and she honestly doesn't take his crap and I just love how she sticks up for her self. The chemistry between them two was on freaking fire. The tension was just so thick, you would have been able to notice it if you were in the same room with them. It was hot, sexy and smoldering and when things progress you cannot help but freaking shiver over it.

I loved most of the characters! (You will get what I mean) They all had a part to the story no matter if I liked them or not. It all really flowed well. I must say that there were a couple of times that I was shocked. I didn't see them coming and it just made it all the better since I didn't expect anything like that.

Overall, you will love this story. The plot was good, the characters were good. Sex was amazing. It kind of reminded me of Red Phoenix's Brea stories because it is like the training in it but not so graphic, still good though. If you loved Brea then you will love this. Hell, even if you haven't read Brea, don't miss out on this one. You will honestly regret it and I cannot wait to see if something more comes out of this story!

Story 5
Sex 5
Overall 5+++++

Reviewed by Shay for Crystal's Many Reviewers

Profile Image for Hanife.
Author 28 books313 followers
January 17, 2014
Rating; 4.5/5

I first captured by the description of Weak For Him and lately I read few book that I liked a lot, this is one of them.

What captured my interest is the "Have you heard the saying, 'sex sells'? Well, I'm the supplier." part, after that what a Romancekolik do if not read it right? Firstly, when I start this adventure I didn't know our hero can be despicable, sometimes swagger, but a man loyal to his taboo's till the end. Although most of the book he melts me with the dialogues, I did mad at him, even want to throttle him a few times.

Of course our heroines is no innocent either, figuritively of course, there is a few times she didn't think with her head! She accept an offer for selling her virginity for the higgest bid naively. And only man Jennifer eyes see is her boss Finly and that surely is an irony.

But Finnley forbidden sexual relationship between the workers and with his loyalty to his decision Lyra Parish is offering readers a delicious sexual tension between the characters. Even in a few scene, my eyes filled with tear and that's true, there is a few scene makes me eye-rolling. But this is our writers first book and I have trust in her for doing a good job more and more. I congratulate her and waiting the next book in the series!

*****

Weak For Him yine özet peşine düşüp okuduğum bir kitap ve son zamanlarda nadir de olsa ortaya böyle güzel olanlar çıkabiliyor.

Özetinde, "Hiç "seks satar" diye bir laf duydun mu? Eh, bende sağlayıcısıyım." diye bir şey yazarsa Romancekolik'e okumaktan başka bir çıkış yol bırakılmamış olur. Öncelikle bu maceraya atılırken oğlumuzun uyuz mu uyuz, arada kasıntı, tabularına kanun gibi bağlı bir adam olduğunu bilmiyordum. Kitabın çoğunluğunda beni diyaloglarıyla eritse de sinirlerimi altüst ettiği, saçmaladığı, boğmak istememe sebep olan şeyler yaptığı da pekala oldu.

Kızımızda sütten çıkmış ak kaşık değil ama akıl melekesinden bazen yoksun olabiliyor. Sen git cahil, cühela halinle bir adamın eskort kız olma teklifini kabul et, üstüne üstlük bakiretinin en yüksek fiyata satılması da söz konusu! Bizim kızın gözünün tek gördüğüde patronu Finnley olması da pek ironik bir durum açıkçası.

Adam da bir kere koymuş mu çalışanlarla ilişki yasak diye bir politika, sonuna kadar da buna sadık kalma uğruna okuyucuya oldukça leziz bir cinsel gerilim sunuyor yazarımız! Kimi zaman gözlerinizin dolacağı kadar bile duygulu olabiliyor. Gözlerimi devirdiğim bir, iki sahne olduğu doğrudur. Onları da yazarımızın debut kitabı olmasına veriyor kendine kariyerinde başarılar diliyorum. Yeni kitabı en kısa zamanda bekliyorum!
Profile Image for KC  -- Reading Is My Superpower.
216 reviews64 followers
May 24, 2015
I received an ARC for an honest review.

Synopsis:

Money. Bright lights. Sex.

The plot line was defiantly different, and I loved that! Its hard to find a book that doesnt have the same formulation, or variation of the same formulation. And so, right off, I was intrigued by the story line.

Finn is a big fat jerk...a man with money that thinks he can have anything he wants. As you progress through the story, you realize there is more to the man that what there appears to be.

Jenn, small town girl who looses her parents. Decides she wants to see the brighter lights of Vegas. Leaves it all behind, packs her car and takes off. She has a plan. She is on a mission. She will succeed....and of coarse, nothing goes as planned.

When she is offered a job with Finn, to become one of his girls and to sell her virginity to the highest bidder, her acceptance of the "job" tosses her into a world she never dreamed of.

Enter Luke...a man who bids and wins a date with Jenn. Jenn loves Finn. Finn loves himself. And Luke is falling for Jenn.

When Luke bids to take Jenns virginity, it becomes a game changer. And you find yourself torn over which way you want Jenn to go. I loved Luke. I hated Finn. Then I loved Finn. And hated Luke. I was all over the place with this one.

Then a plot twist is thrown in that I never saw coming. And after I wrapped my head around what I was reading, I found myself once again at a loss as to which way I wanted Jenn to go.

*sigh* I need the next book, and this one hasnt even actually released yet. I need to know what happens. The book is not a cliffhanger. A choice is made. But, I just know, deep down, that there will be something monumental in the next book that will throw a wrench in all of my carefully laid plans....

Profile Image for Adrean.
55 reviews39 followers
January 3, 2015
**ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review**

5 STARS!

Weak For Him by Lyra Parish

Reviewed by Adrean

Let me start off by saying how much I loved this book. The blurb doesnt do it justice. I seriously had the hardest time putting it down once I picked it up.

So as you know from the synosis Jennifer is a 22 year old virgin, and a total badass, dont take shit, chick. Because of her past she realizes its time to leave Texas. So she leaves and goes to Las Vegas.

She makes it to Las Vegas ready to fulfill her dreams. ready to start freah. Things dont turn out as she expected. First a stranger walks into her room, while she is bathing. Then the interview to her dream job doesnt end well. She did get a little black envelope from the stranger letting her know how sorry he was and offering her a job.

Have you ever heard the saying "sex sells"? Well, im the supplier.

Meet Mr. Finley Felton. Owner of the Elite club, which offers beautiful women up for dates and more if you so please. Jennifer takes the job and agrees to auction off her viginity for a large amount.
Mr. Felton is a asshole that you cant help but like,and is good looking Jennifer cant help but lust about and over him. But he doesnt make it easier because all the while he is playing with her at the same time.

While working she meeets Mr. Luke Brand who is swoon worthy. They connected very well and he also treats her amazing, spoils her to a great lenght. He did aswell pay a great amount to be the one who takes her viginity. But she also does have a burning desire inside for Mr. Felton at the same time, but she knows It cant be anything more because of her job rules.

Who will be the one??

Some might say it ends in cliffhanger some might not. I personally think it didnt because in reality it had to happen.

Pleeeeeaaaase read this. I swear you wont regret it. This book is hot, hot, HOT!!!
Profile Image for Reckless Readers.
1,707 reviews84 followers
January 10, 2014
**ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review**

5 STARS
Weak For Him by Lyra Parish

Reviewed by Adrean

Have you ever heard the saying "sex sells"? Well, im the supplier.

Mr. Felton is a asshole that you cant help but like,and is incredibly good looking Jennifer cant help but lust about and over him. But he doesnt make it easier because all the while he is playing with her at the same time.

While working she meeets Mr. Luke Brand who is equally as hott and swoon worthy. They connected very well and he also treats her amazing, spoils her to a great lenght. He did aswell pay a great amount to be the one who takes her viginity. But she also does have a burning desire inside for Mr. Felton at the same time, but she knows It cant be anything more because of her job rules.

Who will be the one??

Profile Image for Helen Stothard.
Author 12 books25 followers
January 11, 2014
I thought I already knew this story, Selling Scarlett is all about a virgin auctioning off her virginity, but I was wrong.

The prologue of the book sees Jennifer leaving Texas for a new life in Vegas. She's lost everything and is looking for a new start. She gets one alright but it's not the one she was planning on. When she arrives in Vegas she has her life planned out, her career, her future, the type of home, everything. And it all changes due to one minute, just sixty seconds. Jennifer certainly isn't on the receiving end of Lady Luck.

Coincidence seems to rear it's head a lot on this book, although I'm not quite sure how much is coincidence and how much is careful planning, the epilogue gives you a little clue to some of it.

The Elite is an exclusive escort agency, in some ways it reminds me of Rebecca Berto's The Rental with some of the rules that are enforced. The price tags Attached are very elite as well.

You'd think that the auctioning off of Jennifer's vriginity would happen much earlier than it does, and whilst there's no surprise over the winner lets just say it doesn't go quite as she expected.

This was a brilliant read, I wanted to read it non stop but life gets in the way, so I took my phone with me when we went out and kept sneaking chapters at every opportunity, I really didn't want to put it down.

It's a book with great characters, an interesting and twisty plot line, and a feisty female lead. I loved it.
Profile Image for Emily Sung.
25 reviews2 followers
January 15, 2014
This book was FANTASTIC! It was definitely deserving 5 stars. There's something that I've always found intriguing about the escort business. (Hey, after all prostitution is the oldest profession around so someone, other than myself, has got to be intrigued by it!) Because of my curiosity about this business, I love books that have them in their story line. Throw in rich men, a virgin, some other escorts, steamy sex scenes and you have all you need for a good story.

Finnley Felton is INTENSE but there is something so sincere and charming about him, charming enough to make you forget that he is a womanizer on all levels. He totally oozes power and wealth.

Jennifer presents an innocence that is always fun in these books. Naive, but determined is a perfect combination for someone like Finn.

There were parts that made me laugh, that left me hot and bothered, that made me hope for Jennifer as the "underdog". There are parts that surprised me and caught me off guard. There are characters that I loved and then there were some that I wanted to punch in face.

This was a fun read and I am so glad that I was given the opportunity to read this early. If you are looking for a fun, sexy, and no cliffhanger... then this is a perfect read!
Profile Image for One Click.
30 reviews2 followers
January 11, 2014
5 fantastic stars!

First off I want to say congrats to Lyra Parish on this being her first book published! And second I want to say WOW! This book blew my mind!

Jennifer Downs leaves her hometown in Texas to live in the city of sin to do her dream job. Problem is she gets turned down.

This is where Finnley Felton comes into the picture. He offers her a job but not the job she thinks.

"Have you ever heard the saying sex sells?"
I nodded
"Well I'm the supplier"

Finnley wants Jennifer as one of his girls. She will sell her virginity to the highest bidder.

But what happens when feelings between the boss and jenn get in the way? Will Finn let someone else take her virginity? Well you will just have to read and find out.

This book was amazing at one point I was messaging the author telling her how bad I hated Finnley and crying lol the next I was ready to throw my kindle and I also had that wtf moment because I couldn't believe the turns the book was taking. There was no time at all to be bored with this book. You will not want to put it down. U will read it all In one sitting!

I recieved a ARC of this book from the author for a honest review!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 256 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.