Start by marking “The Most Expensive Lie of All” as Want to Read:
The Most Expensive Lie of All

The Most Expensive Lie of All

Shameless Cruz Rodriquez swapped the polo field for the boardroom eight years ago, where his killer instincts made him a phenomenally wealthy man. but there's a hitch in his latest deal - in the sultry form of Aspen Carmichael.

Champion horse breeder Aspen has never forgotten Cruz - their searing encounter was the one pleasure in her increasingly desperate life. So when da
Published December 17th 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Most Expensive Lie of All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Expensive Lie of All

Jenny
Oct 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Couldn't warm up to the shallow heroine. All she thought about was her bad sex life with her ex husband. Talk about zero character depth.
iamGamz
Just couldn't get into this one.
Midniteillusion
I read this book since I need the picture on the cover to complete one of my reading challenges otherwise I would not have read it.
I find Harlequin Presents are often hit or miss. They often have a "hero", if we can call them that, they authors try to make "alpha-males" but more often than not are just a$$holes and that's what we have in this book.

The heroine starts off at their first meeting by apologizing for an incident that happened in their past. Of course the hero won't accept the apolog
Andrea Lujano
Nombres: Cruz & Aspen.

Profesiones: Jugador de Polo/Empresario & Criadora de Caballos/Veterinaria.

Pais: USA - Mexico.
Ana
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
a little on the boring side...
Pankaj Kumar
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
The Most Expensive Lie Of All by Michelle Conder
Introduction:
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and travelling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when she is not writing loves to visit fara
Trudy Miner
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Cruz Rodriguez was the top polo player in the world who gave it up and became a ruthless investor. However, before all that, he was a stable boy in Aspen Carmichael's grandfather's stable until they were caught one night by her grandfather and he was fired. Convinced that Aspen set him up, Cruz has vowed revenge and now he has a chance to extract it by buying her home out from under her. When Aspen appeals to him to loan her money herself so she can purchase the farm from her uncle, Cruz sees an ...more
Xiamera
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I wasn't feeling the chemistry and the issues were just misconceptions and miscommunications. Since that was the case, when Aspen explained what happened, Cruz didn't have a leg to stand on and caved quite easily. He wasn't the stereotypical male usually found in harlequin romance. He also admitted love rather easily, while there's nothing wrong with that, it wasn't hard won on either side. The title doesn't really fit either because Cruz didn't even follow through on the deal.
Ipshita Ranjana
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Michelle Conder is a fabulous writer and as her previous books have shown, she knows how to hook the readers on to the story from the first page. The Most Expensive Lie of All has a story based on misunderstandings which get cleared up throughout the story. I liked how there was a nice interlinking of the past and the present.Read More
Mary
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I received this book on a goodreads giveaway. And I am really impressed with this author. I loved that it was a quick read , and that her imagination shines through her writing.

Thanks again for the autograph as well!

Cheers!
Heather
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This as an enjoyable quick read. I didn't really connect with the characters but the story was well written. It was irritating how she kept going back and thinking about her ex-husband. I was glad to see the there was a HEA.
Tia
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was okay, I didn't really feel the passion or anything between hero and heroine. It was a jump to conclusions and leave it for years to fester until it finally unravels and they learn the truth novel.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: january-2017
If "i mean i guess" is a book then this is the book.
Ada
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Es linda la historia, ese Cruz es *babas*
Melanie Janvier
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was soooo good..the chemistry and the *sigh
Abby Green
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Cruz and Aspen's story. I love Michelle's voice and her heroines are always strong. Cruz was darkly delicious and the heat between them was tangible..
Elaine
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
The plot felt patchy in parts
Harlequin Books
"Conder's intense drama brings to life incredible horse country vistas, and her reunited couple's banter is as combustible as their lovemaking". (RT Book Reviews) rated 4 stars
Alyssa
Jun 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Russian's Ultimatum
  • A Hint of Scandal
  • When Falcone's World Stops Turning (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • A Debt Paid in Passion
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Never Gamble with a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #3)
  • Illicit Night with the Greek
  • His Brand of Passion
  • Zarif's Convenient Queen (The Legacies of Powerful Men #3)
  • The Woman Sent to Tame Him
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • Maui Meditations
  • A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)
  • Flirting with Destiny (Welcome to Destiny, #6)
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when s