Start by marking “English Girl in New York” as Want to Read:
English Girl in New York

English Girl in New York

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Rescued on her doorstep

After an annus horribilis, the glittering lights of Manhattan are irresistible to English girl Carrie McKenzie. She's climbed the Empire State Building, but can't get a smile from her gorgeous neighbor! Until a tiny abandoned baby on her doorstep brings her to his door….

Cop Dan Cooper has an obligation to protect, and wit
Published January 7th 2014 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about English Girl in New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about English Girl in New York

Nas Dean
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ENGLISH GIRL IN NEW YORK by author Scarlet Wilson is a Harlequin Romance release for January 2014.

Carrie McKenzie finds abandoned baby on the doorstep during a snowstorm. She brings the baby in to her downstairs neighbor, cop Dan Cooper. But Dan asks for Carrie’s help in looking after the baby as he doesn’t know anything about babies.

Would Carrie be able to help Dan? She has been running away from her past and babies. So how can she help look after this tiny bundle of joy?

Dan reads her sadness
Desere
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Lots of people have traveled the world only to end up in a place where you fall so head over heals in love with it all , you decide to stay.

But this new life does of course not always turn out the way you pictured it, among-st the glittering lights and vibrancy of Manhattan the heroine from this read finds hiding her heartache is far less easy than she thought.

Carrie climbs the highest of heights but fails to gain a smile from her sexy neighbor Dan but when fate or rather a little bundle of joy
Landslide
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I have a predilection for romances where the hero and the heroine are neighbors so when I read the synopsis for this book I couldn't resist requesting it on NetGalley.

Carrie McKenzie is an English woman living and working in New York, for a year. She's still feeling the effects of the annus horribilis and not even the fact of being in another continent seems to get her out of the autopilot her life has become...

Until the day s
Nancy Crocker
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
English Girl in New York: When New York is hit with an early blizzard it brings together two neighbors, and one abandoned baby. This book touched on so many emotions. It had me laughing out loud as many times as it had me crying buckets of tears.

Carrie McKenzie is in New York working and trying to forget her past. The one thing she can’t handle is finding an abandoned baby on the doorstep of her apartment building. Panicked, she knocks on her neighbor’s door for help.

Officer Dan Cooper is home,
Robin
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

One of my guiltiest pleasures has always been reading Harlequin Romances. With a Harlequin Romance I know I am going to get a sweet story with a very happy ending. But when that story is also well-written and includes characters that I really grow to care about – Bonus! And that’s exactly how I felt about An English Girl in New York by Scarlet Wilson.

Carrie is a
Amy
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Carrie McKenzie has had a bad year.

No, really. Hers truly was bad, in a very sad, heartbreaking way.

So when her boss offers her the opportunity to spend a year in New York, she takes it. Perhaps what she needs is a change of scenery?

She lives in a cute brownstone and is surrounded, for the most part, by elderly dwellers. Except for that one good looking dude who doesn't give her the time of day.

Thanks to a freak October snowstorm and a baby abandoned on the doorstep, though, Carrie meets this ma
Rhonda
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

A charming tender story. There is some action but most of the story is about the characters and how they relate to each other. Some tender moments. Some full of humor while some are sad. Clean read.

I like the characters. It would be scary to be stuck inside and not be able to get help for days. Glad when you see people helping each other to get through the tough times.

Did have to look up a few words like annus horribilis. It means a horrible year. The others were English words not America
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am surprised I actually really liked this book. Lately I haven't been enjoying these Harlequin novels but this one was very good. Sure it was predictable but I did enjoy it and I did it all in one evening.

If you are looking for a easy romantic read I recommend this book.
Harlequin Books
"TOP PICK! In Wilson's romance, she lets readers in on a little secret: Everything happens for a reason. Her book is heartfelt, exciting and warms lovers to the core". (RT Book Reviews) rated 4 1/2 stars
Rachael Johns
Absolutely loved this!!
Jessica Figueroa
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgally
Carrie's job gave her an offer to work in nyc, and with the past shes had this could be just what she needs. It should've been a relaxing night for Carrie but she found an unwelcomed surprise at her door: A Baby. This was the last thing she needs all her emotions about the past come flooding back and she rushes to ask help from her neighbor Dan. Dan is a police men who is willing to but others before himself and is willing to help Carrie. Problem is they both don't have a clue what to do with it ...more
Hsiau Wei
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Carrie found a baby at her door. She could not possibly leave him there. She took the baby in and enlist her neighbour, a cop named Dan Cooper for help. This s the last thing that Carrie needs at this moment and having a baby in the house make her relive all the memories that she have desperately want to forget. Dan know nothing about babies least of all, a newborn. They do not have the standard necessity for a baby around their apartment neither to they have any knowledge to handle the baby. Bu ...more
Kathy
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
didn't think the title really fit, but otherwise a fun little read.
Elaine
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Sad situation brings them together but what better way to get to know your neighbour than babysitting in a snow storm.
Jennifer Mcpherson
Apr 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Total waste. This is suppose to be a romance novel but this is a who left baby on door step. No connection no hero or heroine. Scarlet wilson you need a new editor. So glaf i didn't buy this.
Andreina
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Un harlequin diferente a los demás es raro de encontrar.
Louise Hall
Offauna
Apr 26, 2014
Kathleen
Apr 06, 2014
“Our children belong to God. We're only given them on loan from heaven. Sometimes God calls them home sooner tan we expected.” 0 likes