Start by marking “Heart of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heart of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #2)

Heart of the Vampire

(Vanderlind Castle #2)

Aurora Keys is heartbroken, struggling to forget the beautiful and enigmatic Jessie Vanderlind, who has told her it is too dangerous for them to be together. And he may be right. Jessie is, after all, a vampire. But that doesn't make forgetting him any easier.

Just as Aurora is starting to pull her shattered life back together, Jessie reappears at her window with a warning:
Published July 4th 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Heart of the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of the Vampire

texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc-for-review, vampy
Originally reviewed at http://prufreads.blogspot.com/

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

***Please note, book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review***

"Just knowing you, being able to reach out and touch your hair if I want, is so amazing to me. I've waited so long for you that I feel that if we rush things, you'll just evaporate like smoke through my fingers."

~Jessie

Heart of the Vampire picks up right where Call of the Vampire left off. Aurora still carries a broken heart but she
Sha
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
A continuation of the first book Call of The Vampire

As I've said, the 1st & 2nd book should have just been made into one. The first book didnt have much going on for it. The 2nd part of this book (the one in Budapest) ahould have been the whole focus of the book. Too bad it only started 3/4 of the way.

Honestly i was rooting for Fred. Jessie is just so lame.

Avocado? WTF? When you write about something, it should have been significant to the story otherwise you just waste pages (and reader's
Nola Arganbright
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
The undead family

A very good series. I have enjoyed the vampires and their personalities. There are a lot of questions I have after reading the book but that just means the story has stimulated my imagination.
Laurie Hopkins
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Good

I am so glad that Aurora out her foot down at the end. Gramma Gibson is a hoot, scary but I love her. Can't wait to see where Jessie and Aurora 's journey takes them.
Crystal
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-favorites
My Rant:

Heart of the Vampire was romantically sweet. The book picks up exactly where Call of a Vampire left off. Viktor is dead and now there are vampires out to avenge his death. Jessie and Aurora now have to take a trip to Budapest for a tribunal to see if they would vote Jessie and Aurora guilty or innocent of the charges of murder. This story was amazingly written. I was engaged and emotional strapped to both Jessie and Aurora. The romance they have between each other is completely innocent
Ashley Stoyanoff
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Heart of the Vampire was a solid second book to the Vanderlind Castle series. It had action, romance … It was a great mix of everything that I want in a book.

We dive into this segment with Aurora fighting to move on with her life without Jessie. It’s a hard go for her, but she’s trying. She starts dating Fred (a boy from school) and is just going through the paces of the relationship. Everything is going … okay until Jessie shows up outside her window, and all her attempts to forget him fall apa
Devon
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aurora tries to move on with her life without Jessie, which is difficult for her. She tries having a relationship with Fred, which seems to lack the spark that Jessie and her had. Then Jessie shows up out of the blue and throws a wrench in everything. He tells her they must go to Budapest for a trial or she will be hunted. On top of matters, the trip needs to happen as soon as possible! Aurora has a matter of days to prepare a plan, break off her relationship with Fred (who sees this as a challe ...more
Ariel
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-books
This series is absolutely fabulous! I started this book at 9pm last night, and finished early this morning! I couldn't put it down. Aurora, and Jessie are absolutely my favorite book couple ever! What I really liked about this book was with every chapter that sounded a lot like Twilight, it would take a completely different turn, and end in the most opposite way of Twilight ever!
Aurora is such an amazing character! She was so smart, and brave with the terrible events in front of her, and handle
Debra Crouch
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart of the Vampire (The Vanderlind Castle Series Book 2)

This story tells the tale of Jessie Vanderlind and Aurora Gibson. They end up before the Bishop tribunal in Budapest for the death of Viktor . Aurora wins the tribunal by stating she is willing to be transformed into a vampire after she has Jessie's children at the age of twenty-four. The Bishops agreed to this. So Jessie and Aurora are back in Ohio with Gloria Viggo's girlfriend who is now working for the Vanderlind family also. Now Jess
Yana Polishko

3+ stars

The depth of the secondary characters has improved without degrading the main ones, which is totally what I was looking for after the first book. Nonetheless, I feel somewhat bothered by the plotline, and I think it's because it's too straightforward, flat if you will. I know the series is supposed to be short and sweet, but still, it is lacking on story developement.

Lena Vera
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different but still interesting

I have read a lot of different vampire love sagas n I find this one of Jesse Vanderlindt the self sacrificing vampire to be totally different from all others . His pinning away for the love he lost 80 years before n now falls for the descendant of his beloved Carletta named Aurora. They must defend themselves to the vampire government or face the deathly consequences. I loved the ending ..... kudos Gayla
Jen
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA
Aurora & Jessie are reunited, although they are not the best of circumstances. Will their love overcome the obstacles they face?

Great vampire romance book for teens. I enjoyed this book more that the first and am looking forward to the third book.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Tracy
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This story was still a lot like the Twilight series but it was a really quick fun read. I really like the two main characters and I'm curious if Aurora will figure out more about her connection to her dead aunt. The grandmother is now able to determine some things about the future and I'm wondering how that will play out in the next book. This was a fun read.
Heather Cornett
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

The story I great, I love how there seems to be a connection between the 2 girls who both love Jesse one who died years ago and one who is her great grand niece. I can't wait till I read the next book
Toni
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this series. Of course I'm enjoying this series, I read two books in three days. I like Aurora and Jessie a lot. Looking forward to the third book. Some of it is a little reminiscent of Twilight themes but it's not Twilight.
Kem
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aurora finds out her fate

Jessie has found that falling in love with another human is not going to be any easier the second time around. If Jessie wants to save Auroras she must face a tribunal of vampires.
Roberta
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great vampire read

This series has held my interest from cover to cover. I'm so excited to dive into the third book. Too bad there are only three.
Crisvely
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-normis
All I can say is... That was fun! Seriously, guys, it was fun.
Elizabeth
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great follow up to the 1st book!

Full review can be read at: http://booksithinkyoushouldread.blogs... [starting 8:15am EST on 9/9/13]
Michelle Appenelli
Rachael
Aug 08, 2017
Jackie
Sep 10, 2013

• Linked Through Time (Through Time, #1)
  • Foretold (The Forsaken Saga, #4)
  • Immortal Distraction (The Immortals, #2)
  • Bloodline (Crossroads Academy #3)
  • The Angel's Covenant (The Covenant, #1)
  • The Lie (Skyy Huntington, #1)
  • Forgotten Enemy (The Powers Of Influence, #1)
  • Cherry Blossom (Vampire Cherry, #2)
  • Masters of the Night
  • Immoral: Tales of a Vampire Hunter (#1)
  • Foreshadowed (The Crimson Bond #2)
  • Blood Lust (Rapid City Wolves, #1)
  • Caressed by Shadows (Rulers of Darkness, #4)
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles #1)
  • Soul Enslaved (Sons of Wrath, #3)
  • The Ring (Cursed, #1)
  • Change of Fate (The Briar Creek Vampires #4)

Vanderlind Castle (5 books)
  • Call of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #1)
  • Fate of the Vampire
  • History of the Vampire (The Vanderlind Castle Series Book 4)
  • Bride of the Vampire (The Vanderlind Castle Series Book 5)