Jump to ratings and reviews

Keep Me Still #1

Keep Me Still

Scarred by loss, Layla leaves her hometown of Hope Springs, Georgia, hoping to put her painful past behind her and start over in college in California. When she runs into Landen at freshmen orientation, she has a choice to make. Reinforce those steel walls she's built up around herself or give the only boy who can keep her still a second chance.

* This special edition of Keep Me Still includes the novella, Let You Leave:
Layla Flaherty had the perfect life, or close to it. Until a stranger gunned her parents down right in front of her, leaving her with seizure inducing PTSD. After years of trying to pass as normal and failing miserably, she resigns herself to being invisible. But new to town Landen O’Brien sees her, and he likes what he sees. Much to Layla’s surprise, he doesn’t freak out when she has a seizure in front of him. He does the exact opposite, calming her until the tremors subside. But Landen has secrets of his own. Secrets that will either bind them together or tear them apart.

278 pages, Paperback

First published August 1, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Caisey Quinn

39 books1,956 followers
Caisey Quinn is the bestselling author of more than fifteen contemporary romance novels published both traditionally (HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin/Random House) and independently. She is the mother of two little ones and a wife splitting her time between Nashville, TN and a small town in Alabama.

Her latest indie novels, Hot for Her, Hot for Teacher, and The Naughty List are available in Kindle Unlimited.

Her latest traditionally published novel, Blood & Lace, an edge of your seat dark romantic thriller is available now under the the pseudonym Trinity Scott as both eBook and audio book everywhere books are sold.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2n5EgVf
Instagram: https://bit.ly/29zT2jR
Facebook: https://bit.ly/2vqtFbh
Twitter: https://bit.ly/2OyXwHn
Pinterest: https://bit.ly/2Ove6Ih

Join Caisey's Crew on Facebook to keep up with the latest book news! https://www.facebook.com/groups/CQsRo...

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
462 (4%)
1 star
166 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 582 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,712 reviews31.6k followers
August 21, 2013
4 Extra Cherries Stars!!!!
 photo 12c5a06f-ec74-452c-befd-71e53f08522f_zps3223532e.jpg

Keep Me Still, along with the novella Let You Leave were both sweet, beautiful and emotional reads.

The story begins with Layla. Layla is a senior in high school. She used to have a near perfect life, but a few years ago... everything changed. For the last few years, after her parents were killed, she has developed a condition. She has seizures induced by PTSD. She loses herself sometimes and there is absolutely nothing she can do about it. When something triggers her, they just happen. Teenagers aren’t always kind. Layla doesn't’ have any friends, not really. They all just treat her like a freak. Then one day, a new guy starts school. Landen O’Brien.

Landen see’s Layla. Really sees her. He can’t understand why the most beautiful girl in the school doesn’t have guys chasing after her. He wants Layla. He asks he out in the sweetest ways, and spoils her with her favorite... chocolate milk shakes with extra cherries.

photo d9fc04a0-dd08-4753-9f8e-e988d0661716_zpsee3b2156.jpg

Even after he finds out about her condition, he still wants her. Landen is amazing. He is a sweetie, charming, sexy, understanding and a bit broken himself. He wants to be with Layla, help her. She is hesitant at first.
He wants to tear down those walls, send them crashing around me. Doesn’t he realize they’ll bury me?

After a while, Layla and Landen develop a friendship/relationship. They are both really starting to fall for one another. Just as things start to move to the next level, Landen’s family issues make it impossible to stay. He has to move, leaving Layla behind. He tries to stay in contact... but she isn’t having anything to do with him. Layla is hurt. Heartbroken.

Fast forward to Keep Me Still, a little less than a year after the novella ends with Landen leaving... Layla is starting college. Her college experience will not be like her high school one. She is determined to make friends, do well, and not let her condition define her. After going cross country to start school, the very last person she expects to see there turns up. Landen O’Brien.

Landen isn’t there by coincidence, but Layla doesn’t know that. He’s there for her... a secret he has that she can’t know about. But Layla has a secret too...
We both have secrets, I think to myself. I wonder if they’ll bind us together or tear us apart?

She tries to resist Landen. She knows he has the ability to break her. But she can’t stay away. His pull to her is too strong. The more time they spend together, the harder Layla finds it to resist Landen.
High school was a slow burn, a lit fuse taking its sweet time. This time, we’ve hung out once and we’re already sorting through the debris from the explosion.

Layla won’t be able to resist Landen for long. Maybe she shouldn’t... maybe things are different. It’s fate. Not just a second chance for her, but one for them as well...
This isn’t just my chance to start over like I thought- It’s our chance.

As time goes on and the relationship develops... what happens when the secrets come out? Will Layla be able to move on without Landen, the only person able to keep her still? Will it tear them apart, or bring them closer together?

photo ee570eb8-c91a-4ecf-8450-8301cefa823d_zps45d31dcd.jpg

I really enjoyed this one. Not only did I love Landen (of course) but I adored Layla as well. Layla was vulnerable, innocent and just a strong character. Then there is Landen. He was incredible. Loving, kind, patient, sweet, swoony, sexy, I could go on... He was one of the only people to ever ‘see’ Layla, and I loved him for it. Layla is a little insecure and feels that Landen is only with her because he feels sorry for her, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Landen has always wanted her.

The dual pov was nice, getting inside both Layla and Landen’s heads. This was a very sweet story about overcoming obstacles, learning to trust and forgive, and a second chance at love. The ending was wonderful, but it left me wanting more. I was so glad to read the Hold Me Close teaser at the end.... can’t wait for it!

photo 62213248-aed3-4011-b8a8-77df06913b84_zpsfedc5347.jpg
I’m in his arms, where I belong. Where i’m still. And loved. And safe. And I never want to move again.
Profile Image for Anna.
483 reviews376 followers
August 9, 2013
❤❤ 5 stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cute with a zillion cherries on top !!

I need to hit. To be hit. To kick and fight and hurt and be hurt. I need the kind of pain that makes sense. The kind the cuts and bruises and breaks bones. If this night had a theme, its Landen O'Brien is a worthless piece of shit that ruins everything. Maybe that's the theme of my life.

“The boy who saw me at my worst and kept me still.”

I want to climb on top of him. Kiss him, devour him. Fix him. Make it better, like he does for me.

I want to be the girl who gets what she wants. For once. And the universe is not my friend when it comes to giving me what I want. So I'm going to take it.

I broke her. I broke the girl I'd worked so hard to help. She didn't cry when everyone at school treated her like a leper. Didn't shed a single tear when she told me about her parents. And yet her cheek was damp the night she saw my dad hit me and she's falling apart right this second. Because of me. Because I can'tfix it this time. I won't be around to pick up the pieces of her heart. Because i am leaving. Like always.

I was in complete love with this story !!!! Landen was so amazing !!!! I loved how the author incorporated an incredible novella epilogue Let you leave, then the main book Keep me still , and an awesome epilogue that leads into the next book. It's a HEA for now.....I need the next book NOWWWW ....pretty please with a cherry on top!

"We weren't ready for what we needed to be for each other in high school, or the universe wasn't ready for it. But universe be damned, because I'm done fighting the way I feel about you."

Heart shaped Georgia peaches ! Stop it !!

If you love a sweet story that will stay with you forever....I definitely recommend this book !!!!
Profile Image for Jamie.
1,005 reviews913 followers
August 3, 2013
OHMYGOD I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVED THIS!!!! Such a sweet heartfelt sexy over the moon kind of love story! Ms Quinn... PLEASE GET "HOLD US CLOSE" OUT ASAP!!!! I NEED IT LIKE SERIOUSLY 5 MINUTES AGO! I AM GOING TO BE CRAZY ASS STALKING YOU UNTIL YOU GET ME THIS BOOK WOMAN! But I mean that in the nicest sweetest I'm totally not crazy kind of way ....

Profile Image for Aestas Book Blog.
1,059 reviews74.8k followers
Want to read
November 7, 2013
I've been told this book boyfriend is extra swoony!! Looking forward to reading this :-)

* This special edition of Keep Me Still includes the novella, Let You Leave:

261 reviews10 followers
September 4, 2013
6 trillion "brilliant, soul grabbing, heart breaking, earth shattering" stars.

What a beautiful story. Caisey Quinn's growth is amazing. This book is brilliance in print. It is heart wrenching, beautiful, soul capturing an done of the best written books i have ever read.

Because apparently this girl makes me lost my mind

I love Caisey Quinn with all of my heart. She has stolen it and I don't even want to ask for it back. She is such a talented writer. I fell in love with her when I read girl with a guitar. I loved the shit out of that book. Then she gave me an ARC for girl on tour and again i loved the shit out of that book. But this book, made me fall into such a deep love with this women it makes me want to weep.
 photo photo2_zps8e653825.png

to be able to write such an inspiring, beautiful story, while keep it fresh and oh so fucking hot nmakes me love her even more.

So with this book you get a Novela in the beginning called Let you Leave. Now I for one am so glad this was included and i was able to read it before Keep me Still. It gives you the back story you need, even though it kind of breaks you heart, you are left with this feeling of " caisey quinn i want to cut you". But wait you have Keep me still right after. thank you lord
 photo untitled_zps662d9720.png

So you read let you leave and you are pulled in to this tragic love story, with this tragic boy and girl who fall in love but their secrets are weighing them down and they ether sink or swim.

We both have secrets. I wonder if they'll bind us together or tear us apart?

So let you leave ends and your like
 photo no-god-no-god-please-no-o_zpse7e14328.gif

Landen, oh Landen, you are kind, generous, loving, caring, beautiful, amazing and so much more. This is all I need to say about you:
 photo photo4_zps1580b91c.jpg

Layla, you are strong, terrified, confused, scared. you just need to snap out of it and

photo 0_zps56fba00d.png

photo photo3_zps88a5d45a.jpg
 photo photo2_zpsdcc541ec.jpg

You guys seriously need to

photo photo3_zps1ddf7da5.png

It will leave you breathless. Just look at all my status update. I mean those should say it all.

shocked gif photo: Michael Shocked shocklol.gif

THIS IS ME AT THE END OF THIS BOOK!!!!!LITERALLY THIS IS A PICTURE OF ME
 photo 0_zps48ed17ea.jpg

fat amy photo: Fat Amy twerk fatamytwerk.gif

thats me about right now.
Profile Image for AJ.
2,804 reviews913 followers
January 3, 2016
I love this book!

The continuation of Layla and Landen’s story is gorgeous! Once again with the sweet moments and laugh out humour, but this time with angsty heartache and surprisingly steamy romance.

The Special Edition of this book is actually in two parts and contains the prequel novella Let You Leave, followed by this novel. You will probably want to read them back to back as Let You Leave has a nasty cliffhanger, so I really like the fact that they’re included together. Let You Leave introduces us to Layla and Landen in high school and follows their incredibly beautiful and emotional relationship from sweet and tender flirting, getting to know each other, sharing secrets, falling for each other and showing how, in a short amount of time, they changed each other’s lives forever. I haven’t included a lot of the details for the story set up in this review, so if you wanted to check out my Let You Leave review, it’s here.

Keep Me Still sees Layla and Landen in College. It’s been months since they’ve seen each other, and they have both changed significantly. Once again, the chapters alternate POV, so we very quickly get to see what Layla and Landen have been up to, and what they are feeling. Layla is a lot stronger, but she has put up even more walls around her now, but Landen is a lot more forward, and prepared to fight for what he wants. It’s obvious the spark between them is still very much there, and although Layla is resistant, the girl is only human, and anybody would be powerless to resist Landen for too long.

“Jesus, Layla. I’ve always wanted you, since that first day. Not a minute has passed since the first time I laid eyes on you that I haven’t wanted you. Needed you. I will always want you. Even if I screw this up so badly you stop wanting me back.”

And just who the hell is Landen now?! He goes from beautifully sweet during their time together in high school, to getting a bit more flirty and touchy-feely when they meet up in College, to downright hot and sexy, with a filthy mouth and even filthier moves. Goddamn!

“I’m going to taste to you with my mouth, worship every inch of you with my tongue, and open you with my fingers until you come. And then I’m going make love to you like I’ve wanted to do since I first watched you drink that damn milkshake at Our Place. Slow and deep like you need it … After that, if you’re not too sore and you still want it, then, and only then, will I fuck you. Understand?”

And in case you are wondering, yeah, he makes good on that promise! Whoa. Seriously. There’s not a lot of sex in this book, but what is there is explicit and a little bit dirty. And OMG, it’s HOT!!!

And hand in hand with the sexy time is an absolutely AMAZING love story! The bond that Layla and Landen have is absolutely phenomenal! He is still the only one that can calm Layla and keep her still when she starts to tremble and seize, and those moments between them where Landen gets all protective are absolutely beautiful. Their incredibly deep connection had the romantic in me swooning madly, grinning like an idiot, and propelling Landen firmly towards the top of my book boyfriend list.

“I love you, Layla Flaherty,” I tell her because I can feel how badly she needs to hear it. “But you already know that, don’t you?”
I watch as her pupils dilate and she licks her lips. “I do.”
“So what are you going to do about it?” I lean back, despite my body’s protest to throw her down and tear her clothes to shreds.
“I’m going to love you right back.”

But even with the hotness and the intense emotion between them, they are still both keeping secrets. Big ones. I was a little annoyed at them both for not being upfront with everything despite knowing the damage that that holding it back would do, and the multiple opportunities to talk about it. And as everything comes out there are more misunderstandings, over-exaggerations and just a wee bit of stupid that had me wanting to give them both a shake.

The ending is happy, although is a bit abrupt, but there is a sequel novella coming out very soon which will (hopefully) provide a bit more closure to this amazing story.

Bringing some humour to the story are Layla and Landen’s respective roommates, Corin and Skylar. They are both hilarious! Rude, crude, overly expressive, and freely thrusting themselves into the ongoing drama of their friend’s lives, they are brilliant, and I love them both! I also sense there is a lot more to their story, and wouldn’t be surprised to see a book about them in the future.

Overall, I loved it. Layla and Landen both have some massive demons to face, and I loved watching them face their issues and fight to find happiness together. The writing is beautiful, the story is fast paced, and the romance is incredibly swoon worthy (most of the time).

4.5 stars.
Profile Image for *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time.
1,921 reviews3,431 followers
August 7, 2013
I am clearly in the minority on this....but unfortunately this one just didn't work for me. First and foremost the pacing was WAY TOO FAST! It was like the whole story was on fast-forward.

The novella was actually pretty good. I would rate it higher than the actual book. The novella takes place in high school. As a result of watching her parents be gunned down, Layla suffers from seizure induced PTSD. She spent a lot of time being home-schooled, etc. She returns to high school her senior year where she meets Landen, who is new to town.

I really liked Landen and Layla in high school, for the most part. For me, the drama or angst in both books came from a lack of communication between the MCs--which I absolutely hate in books. Just have a conversation people--don't assume things. Needless to say, Layla "assumes" things about Landen on a number of occasions pushing him away.

The novella felt very rushed because the majority of the time was spent apart. The book itself begins 8 months later when Landen and Layla both find themselves at SoCal for college. And now it's like all of a sudden Landen and Layla are two completely different people. Landen went from being a really sweet, endearing guy in the novella to a total douche. And Layla went from this girl who had never been kissed to this sex goddess.

I don't know, it just didn't work for me. Again, things felt too rushed in the book portion too. And again, Laden and Layla are plagued by more miscommunication, lies and assumptions. It got to be rather annoying. They were both hot and cold with each other....I got whiplash just trying to keep up.

I found the sex between them to be awkward at best. All of the dirty talk and cherry talk really just made me roll my eyes. The things they said to each were almost nauseating to a point. It just wasn't fitting with their character development up to that point. And Layla begging Landen not to use a condom and to come inside of her.

Before Landen and Layla can really even get a relationship going, things blow up again when Layla discovers the big secret Landen has been keeping....she completely freaks out only to have a simple come to Jesus conversation with her roomate that results in Layla . Again, whiplash.

While this one does end on a relatively happy note, the first chapter of the next book was provided by the author--which takes place three years later. Looks like more drama is in store for Landen and Layla! Frankly I am really scared to read the next book because I am afraid the author is going to . And that shit just ain't cool...

Profile Image for SoBeA.
620 reviews49 followers
August 2, 2013
Quick warning, this review, has a bunch of spoilers littered throughout, so please keep that in mind before you decide to continue reading....Also it gets a little ranty.

Let you leave

Okay the novella was really good, and I definitely think Casiey Quinn is an author to watch....However, the pace of the book was super super fast.....I get that it was a novella so to fit everything in, it had to happen quick....but dude, it was like light speed! But again, Let you Leave was an awesome story that sucked me right into the story, so 3.5 stars.

Keep me still

Now a lot of what happens in the novella Let you Leave is forgivable, because that's exactly what it is, a novella, time and length constraints, make a lot of issues, over look able.....but in the full length story (which IMO, wasn't all that much longer than LYL), not so much:

-The light speed pacing continues......

-And where we had a sweet H, we now have a semi douchey one...he kept saying douchey things! ( he wanted to push her away, or take things slower, I get it, but some of the stuff he says to accomplish this, was....well lets just say, it's ill conceived) and the h kept letting him get away with them! They'd just sweep them under the rug?! Seriously? Problems don't go away that way! and the h was sorta whiny, who seems to react to things without thinking things through....or maybe its just that her conclusions were sorta....insensible? she keeps assuming the worst, with out a whole lot of evidence, and instead of asking about anything, she runs away (or pushes the H to go away) it's sorta irritating, she does the same thing at the end of the book too, reacts first. honestly, I'd have liked to see her think before she reacted, just to show that she'd grown as a person by the end of the book.

-The h and her roommate becomes BFF's just cuz they're roomies? We don't see this happen. It's more like we're told that's what happens.....but don't actually see it happen....they meet, hang out a little at first, then suddenly they're sharing secrets way to easily.....seriously, its like they know each other a few weeks, and they're already sharing their life stories? Maybe if we'd seen the relationship develop I'd buy it, but again, it's just too quick to be believable.

-We get told a lot about how great the h's relationship with her aunt ( aka her guardian) is but we don't really see them together....we get told a lot of stuff, but there's little interaction between them..and a lot of the actions of the so called guardian are questionable at best (seriously, in the novella, she leaves her charge in the house with a dude who's 1) drunk and 2) has just taken his fists to his kid...but she doesn't think twice abut leaving her niece there? Does she really think, that event though the drunk asshole hits his own kid, while his mother doesn't say anything about it, that magically her niece will be hunky dory? That of course the said drunken asshole, will know not to touch her ward? She (the aunt) doesn't even contemplate calling the cops? Even if she decides against it, the fact that its not even mentioned is seriously fucked up. Would you really want someone like that raising your kid?

Also the same goes for the H and his ma....at the end of Let you Leave , he leaves the h, cuz he's gotta take care of his mom, but again, we rarely see them together....and iirc she's barely
mentioned in the full story....so how close of a relationship could they have? His mama let him be beaten for years, before taking a stand, and it's hardly an event. Doesn't he have some resentment? Isn't he wondering why he wasn't enough for his mom to fight for? He's pretty much an adult before she finally decides to take action, and she barely has any impact on his psyche?

Also the novella starts off with the H leaving behind some friends, the first he's really made in years, including a girl, who he's on the verge of starting something with, when he moves.... So, this same girl acts as one of the main forces that end the H and h, in the novella, and she's barely mentioned....She's like a non entity, that solely worked to end the novella. And the H doesn't even think to explain things to the h! And ends up being surprised that she's pissed off about her! Seriously? Can you say dumb ass? Then the h, doesn't even think to bring her up! I mean I think they mention her once, but seriously, wouldn't you want more of an explanation?!But nope it's another think that just gets brushed under the rug!

Okay, there may have been a few other issues, but those were at the top of the list. And I know a lot of that sounds bad, and it was very very frustrating. But I'm sticking with what I originally said, Caisey Quinn is an author to watch. I just think her writing needs some polishing....and maybe a proofreader.
Profile Image for Caisey Quinn.
Author 39 books1,956 followers
August 1, 2013
I'm the author so I'm pretty biased but this book is very special to me and I hope y'all love Layla & Landen as much as I do!
Profile Image for Anne OK.
3,402 reviews436 followers
September 24, 2013
What a steal for 99-cents!! I've been on a Caisey Quinn reading kick for a month now and this might be the last in the list but definitely not the least enjoyable. Each and every book by this new-to-me author has left me completely fulfilled and satisfied. I love her writing style, the stories she tells, and the way the stories flow so well.

"Keep Me Still" is a keeper. Layla and Landen are now among my favorite book couples. They had that sweet, mesmerizing chemistry that always wins me over. There's also depth and quality to their characterizations.

I can't wait until Caisey Quinn releases her next book -- I'll be reading it for sure!
Profile Image for Dora Koutsoukou.
1,721 reviews341 followers
September 9, 2019
3 ❤️💔💔⚡️⚡️🌟🌟🌟s

A year had passed since Layla and Laden broke up and they meet again in the same college. Their journey was not easy at all.
Everything happened so fast thar there was no time as to explore the development of the characters and their relationship.
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,092 reviews1,892 followers
May 3, 2021
2.5 Stars

Landen and Layla's story was definitely sweet but also lacked some romance for me. We had a lot of drama we had to wade through before we got the actual romance and for me that took away from my enjoyment. Especially when the drama would happen and then was over pretty quickly, but just in time for more drama to happen. It got to be a little too much for me and pushed the sweet/romantic parts too far into the background.
Profile Image for ♥ Sarah.
539 reviews127 followers
September 19, 2013
I have a love/hate relationship with the whole “Knight in Shining Armor” cliché. I guess it really depends on how the specific character is written that either tips the scale in his favor, or to his detriment. In this case, it was the latter.

I get why Landen had to be THE hot jock. His perfect looks + not-so-perfect family = perfect Knight in Shining Armor. Add in a little brooding & possessive action to enhance that image, and there you have it. Like magic, you have your “bad boy” & “Prince” all rolled up in one. Sounds good, but it really wasn’t. It just felt too forced for me.

I liked the chemistry Landen & Leyla had, but I just couldn’t get over Leyla’s weakness (and her story, for that matter). Why did all the main characters have to have some deep dark secret, or some kind of shady past? If they ARE going to have issues, then emphasize them more. Don’t just make it a mere plot device in an otherwise plain & predictable “love” story.

Take-away point:
If you’re on a “new adult” high, you might enjoy this one. But if you’re like me, and you’ve had ENOUGH of the same, predictable storylines, then skip this one. There was nothing this book had to offer that distinguished it from any other book in this genre. The characters were literal cardboard cutouts; new issues for the oh-so-damaged characters, but always the same end results, and always with the damn hot men coming to rescue the poor, weak, “damaged” heroine. UGH!
Profile Image for Jacqueline's Reads.
2,735 reviews1,477 followers
Shelved as 'top-tbr'
August 1, 2013
Teaser Image!

Let You Leave
(novella included in this special edition of Keep Me Still)

Keep Me Still

Landen’s more than ready to tear down those walls, but this time when they come crashing down, they might bury her(less)
Profile Image for Helen Power.
Author 10 books425 followers
August 8, 2020
I couldn't quite find the version of this book that I read on Goodreads--so I'll preface this to say that I read the edition on Amazon that has all three novellas.

I have to say, I loved the first two novellas, but I found the third was lacking. I also think that the novella format negatively affected the pacing of the book. It made it so that the first one feels somewhat rushed, and I would have liked for the author to have spread out some of the scenes, making the characters fall in love more gradually (and essentially lengthening the novellas). As it was, some of the scenes felt quite abrupt, and I had to check to make sure I hadn't skipped ahead on my ereader by accident.

That said, the story (well stories) is/are quite sweet, and I genuinely felt for the hero and heroine.
Profile Image for Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*.
1,455 reviews114 followers
May 26, 2017
“I am so gone. Lost. Her smile, the little sigh she lets out, the way her eyes light up. All of it. I’m broken down and rebuilt. And nothing will ever be the same again.”

The continuation of Layla and Landen’s story is so sweet, swoony and even a bit angsty. I had fun while reading it.

description
Profile Image for Beth.
762 reviews127 followers
August 4, 2013
5 Double Chocolate Milkshake with Extra Cherries Stars

So good. So smooth. So yummy. You want more. Chocolate shakes and Caisey Quinn. D-Licious. You will want to lick this book up so you don't miss a drop. But caution....Don't read it too fast. Brain freeze you know. I read late into the night and now I have book brain freeze. You know how when you are eating something really good and you realize you finished it without knowing it was the last Thin Mint in the sleeve and damn it...they won't be selling anymore until next February. Yes, its that kind of a read. I wish I could wipe out my memory and reread it for the first time so I could savor the yumminess. It is sexy, smart and heartbreaking. Oh Yeah.

Layla and Landen have a history. One that you must read the novella, Let You Leave to get. Their history is heartbreaking. They found each other in high school when they both needed someone. But then they were torn apart by Landen moving back to Colorado.

Layla wants a fresh start. She want to not the freak who has seizures like she was in high school. Her seizures are more under control and now she want some control over the rest of her life. Going to school in California insures no one from her home town in Georgia is there to tell her history and tarnish her new start. But she was not expecting to see him at Freshmen Orientation.

Landen loved Layla in high school but left her without telling her how he felt. He has given up a chance to play professional soccer to be near her again. He still loves her but knows that he must keep secret what he knows about her. But he can't stay away from her. Layla is too close to pretend he doesn't love her. Landen is a great book boyfriend. He is caring, attentive, sexy and an alpha male in training. He knows that Layla has medical problems, but he wants to make sure they live the life they have.

Things have to happen, you have to go on scary adventures, follow your heart, and let it lead you down dark alleys that may be dead end in a pit of despair. Otherwise you're just existing, and who the hell wants that?

Keep Me Still is a great read made better by reading the prequel novella, Let You Leave. And BONUS...there is going to be a novella epilogue. Eeekkk. I can't wait. This book wraps you up and makes you love the characters and their struggles. This is better than a double chocolate milkshake with extra cherries. All the yummy goodness without the calories or the lactose intolerance. Caisey Quinn...you are my chocolate sprinkles!

Profile Image for [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ .
501 reviews453 followers
August 6, 2013
Layla witnessed her parents being shot when she was thirteen...

Now in her senior year...

She still suffers seizures...

Enter new boy Landen...

Hmm...

My thoughts

Wow I wasn't expecting this. Boy was I surprised. Not once did I feel the story drag on. If anything I think it should have been longer.

Let me Leave takes place in senior year and Keep me Still is when they are both in college. I found both books enjoyable and there was a few gasp out loud moments.

Great writing, great story telling and great characters.

"Seriously, Ginger, your timing is impeccable. Can I get you a collar with bells or something, so I can hear you coming next time?"

When I read the first few words of 'the sneak peek in Hold us Close', I had a feeling what was going to happen and BINGO!!!

Come on Caisey, get this book out!!!
Profile Image for Elizabeth Lee.
Author 23 books905 followers
July 15, 2013
I'm so happy Caisey let me beta this one for her! I seriously can not say enough good things about it. Ladies... Landen is going to rock your world. By far, the best book boyfriend I've read this year! :-)
Profile Image for Autumn Review.
1,021 reviews509 followers
October 28, 2013
Sadly, I had this book for a while before I had the chance to open it. This was one of those books where you say "What took me so long?!" The book begins with a special edition novella that gives the history of how this couple met. The story smoothly transitions into the future where Layla and Landen are in college and are reunited. I found myself completely immersed in their story and I didn't want it to end!

From the moment I met Layla, my heart reached out for her. She's suffered a seriously traumatic loss and has a bit of trouble functioning through the day to day. Her aunt is a great support for her, but Layla just can't seem to recover. When Landon comes to town, her life changes. He doesn't know about her past and he doesn't know about her PSTD. He just sees her. And that hasn't happened to her in a long time. The relationship they develop is so sweet and tender. I found myself in a happy place for them. But...Landen's home life if less than ideal and his mom is finally ready to take a stand. What does that mean for Layla and Landen? Well, Landen is heading back to Colorado to support his mom, even though graduation is only months away. I was so sad for these two. They had both found something worth treasuring and they were forced apart. It hurt to watch.

Several months later, Layla is starting fresh in California. She needed to get away from the painful memories of not only losing her parents, but of Landen. There's also some unnerving news she got before she left, which makes her want to live life to the fullest. So, she's ready to take some chances and meet new people. It was a fresh start for her and she finally felt like maybe she could have a normal life. So, when she runs into Landen at a sports rally, her world crumbles. She wasn't prepared to see him, but she's not sure she wants or can stay away from him.

As much as I loved seeing the younger version of Layla and Landen, seeing them in college was pretty great. They're more mature and Layla seems to have more confidence. Of course, there are some pretty great steamy moments between them that had my heart racing just a little faster too. While I loved watching their reunion, there were some difficult issues that they need to face. Landen hasn't been completely honest with her about his reasons for ending up at the same university. Once Layla finds out the truth, her faith in his feelings for her shatters. Despite the new found challenges that they face, one thing is certain...this couple belongs together.

Overall, I was shocked by how involved I became in this story. I was completely invested in their story and I kept having to remind myself that they weren't real! I loved them. I was truly happy with the ending and felt hopeful for Layla and Landen. So, imagine how happy I was to find out that there is another novella set to release in November continuing their story! I'm telling you that if you're a fan of NA's, you must read this story. I absolutely adored it and Caisey Quinn has definitely made a fan out of me!

Side note: I would LOVE to get a book about Layla's roommate Corin. I loved her!

Quotes:
~"You're okay. I've got you. You're safe." Both times he kept me still.-Loc 1135

~I want to be the girl who gets what she wants. For once. And the universe is not my friend when it comes to giving me what I want.

So I'm going to take it.-Loc 1935

~"You did not just give her the very first kiss of her life in an alley," Corin's voice rings out from beside us. "Although, it looked pretty hot, so I might allow it."-Loc 2087

~"Boys," she sighs out, raising her voice back to its normal decibel. "Can't love with 'em, can't tie 'em to your bed and use them as you see fit." She shakes her head in mock exasperation. "Damn societal norms."-Loc 2272

~Reaching my hands up higher and placing them on either side of his face I stare into his eyes until reality shifts and we're connected on a level that surpasses the physical realm. "I want to keep you always."-Loc 2830

~"I love you, Layla Flaherty," I tell her because I can feel how badly she needs to hear it. "But you already know that, don't you?"

I watch as her pupils dilate and she licks her lips. "I do."

"So what are you going to do about it?" I lean back, despite my body's protest to throw her down and tear her clothes to shreds.

"I'm going to love you right back."-Loc 3242
Profile Image for Zakirrah BookBlogger.
293 reviews172 followers
November 4, 2013
4.5 BEAUTIFUL DISASTER WITH EXTRA CHERRIES ON TOP STARS!

I try not to live in the past.But sometimes the past lives in me.
-James Ford

This is a brilliant book which had a little bit of everything,it was emotional, funny, sweet and beautiful.It all starts off when you meet Layla she is a senior in high school and things aren't going so well. Few years back things were perfect but after witnessing her parent being gunned down by a robber she develops a condition which causes her to become the school freak.Diagnosed with PTSD with induced seizures she loses herself.She tries to disappear into the background and not be noticed.You can't be bullied and looked down on as a freak if you're invisible right?

I can feel them watching me.Warily.Wondering if something will happen that will cause me to snap like before.Some of the looks say they pity me, a few are intrigued, and the rest try to pretend I don't exist because they don't want to think about it.About how one second things can be perfectly normal and the next it can all be torn to shreds.
Destroyed, ripped apart, and broken.Like me.

Layla doesn't have any friends and life is pretty lonely until a new guy starts school called Landen O’Brien and everything changes.

Landen is sick of moving around with his mother because of his father who treats him like dirt.But he does it anyways to make his mom happy.The constant moving around causes him to have very few friends. He is just as lonely as Layla.
When he starts school at Hope Springs, Georgia things change for him, everything changes when he sees Layla.He sees her for the beautiful person she is and not the freak that the others have labelled her as.But Landen has his own problems that don't seem to go away, that torure him daily. They both keep each other from falling, from destroying everything, they need each other and they make each other happy. Their relationship is so sweet and pure they give each other what they have been missing in life. Landen wants Layla even when he find out about her condition and accepts her for who she is unlike others around her.

Layla is a innocent, loving, strong character I liked in the end, even though there were parts where she annoyed me and wanted to yell at her for pushing Landen away.And Landen..ohh Landen I loved him (obviously) even with his flaws he was so lovely, caring, considerate and did so much for Layla because he loved her. My heart hurt for him and what he went through I wanted to reach into the pages and hug him!
I really enjoyed and needed the dual POV to really understand what both the characters were going through as they weren't always open with their feelings so this made it easier to understand why they did what they did.

What is it about this guy? Why do I feel like he was sent here just for me?

Layla's and Landen's friendship/relationship develops and just when everything is going right, everything changes. Landen has to leave and Layla is left behind. Hurt, sadness and heartbreak is where things are left at.
So what happen when few years later they meet again and can't seem to stay away from each other? But there is a lot Layla doesn't know about will the secrets Landen has kept break them apart once again?

Loved it and the ending awwwww! I am sooo glad this is a HEA my heart has been through enough I'm glad it wasn't crushed at the end!(Phew)
The letter Landen writes omg bless his heart!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~
**ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review**

Check out my blog for more reviews!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zakirr...
Profile Image for Jenna.
520 reviews23 followers
August 5, 2013
I adored the story of Landen and Layla. Caisey Quinn does not disappoint!

I know you can read Keep Me Still without reading the novella but I think the novella adds to the story. It has you falling in love with Landen and Layla.

Layla has had it rough. After seeing her parent shot to death in front of her she now has seizures brought on by PTSD and is known in high school as Freaky Flaherty. (High schoolers can be douchebags!) After homeschooling because of the events that led up to the cruel nickname. Layla decides to go back to school her senior year. No one notices her anyways... Until Landen moves there.

Landen is a military brat, moved before he can even make steady friends in one place. He wasn't expecting this move to be any different, until he sees Layla in the hallway. He has to know who she is. But Landen is damaged too.

I LOVELOVELOVE Landen! Move over other book boyfriends because Landen is in the top! Not only is he hot, and I don't mean the "yeah sure he's hot" way, I mean the Oh.My.Fucking.God. my panties just melted!! hot!! But he is also kind. He is damaged but not to the point where he doesn't feel for others. Instead of freaking out about Layla's condition he comforts her and wants to be there to protect her.

Layla is head over heels for Landen but is still guarded. She is new to all of this, and is still afraid she is going to be left behind.

I’ll be her first everything. Date , boyfriend , kiss, and however far she’ll let me go . I don’t think I’ve ever been anyone’s first anything before. God, please don’t let me fuck it up.

Unfortunately some BS does mess them up. This brings us to Keep Me Still

This starts with Layla entering college. She moves to put everything from Hope Springs away from her. This is her fresh start where no one knows her or what happened to her. I have to say I adore Corin, I think she helps balance Layla and brings her out of herself so to speak. I was so happy when Landen enters the picture. While I love Layla I wanted to smack her a few times because she just didn't get it.. I understand why though... Anyways if we didn't already know how hot Landen was we find out here. He can kiss me in a alley any day! ;)

I'm not a fan of cherries but after a particular scene I think I may just love them! I know I will NEVER look at one again without my mind going straight in the gutter!!
Things are great for the most part until life gets in the way. Things happen again that could tear them apart.. Both of them have secrets...

But can they overcome it?? Read it to find out! You will not be disappointed!!

I am looking forward to the next installment. Caisey Quinn does not disappoint and if you are not familiar with her work then shame on you! :) Seriously though she is a author to watch! Her work is amazing and I love every character she comes up with. Check out this book and her others, you may find you have a new favorite author! I know I do.
Profile Image for Mallory.
1,690 reviews126 followers
August 4, 2013
4 solid stars

I really, really enjoyed this book and was so happy to have the prequel novella to set up the story.

Layla was so strong, even when she didn't think she was. I really liked her character. And Landen? Very swoon worthy for a high school/college boy. I won't say I was always happy with some of the decisions he made, but
I could never be mad at him ;)

The ending maybe left a bit to be desired. However, with the sneak peak of the sequel novella I was left satisfied. I'm definitely looking forward to their continued journey.

Caisey Quinn is fast becoming a favorite author of mine, and I get excite when she has a new book out.
Profile Image for Mary.
288 reviews31 followers
August 5, 2013

I completely adored Caisey Quinn after reading Girl with Guitar because even though it was a simple story, it had so much heart and that's basically what drew me in right off the bat. And for that reason alone, I was so excited to learn that she had another touching novel and that's why I got my hands on this right after it was released.

First and foremost, I just have to commend her again for this touching story. Layla's back story immediately won me over and had me feeling so much sympathy for what she went through and what she was continuously dealing with as well. Landen was this young knight in shining armor and I knew instantly that he was going to win me over with his swoonworthy-ness... and he really did.

The Let You Leave novella was a big help in having a better understanding of Layla and Landen's past. I have a feeling that without it, I probably would've been less attached to the story and characters in Keep Me Still. Both Layla and Landen have been changed by their deep albeit brief high school romance but a lot of things were left unresolved and that's what they had to deal with as they find themselves together in one place once again. I'm really glad that even though Layla tried to be indifferent to Landen at first, that didn't stop him from pushing his way back to her life. And man oh man, once they let all the walls down...things between them became too steamy for words. It was like Landen suddenly unleashed his inner alpha and boy was it hot. But of course, there had to be some angst even after they reunited but I'm glad that Layla (with the help of Corin and Skylar) got to her senses and have some balls to save her relationship with Landen.

This story really makes you want to evaluate how you live your life---whether you take too many things for granted or live as though it's your last day on Earth. It's all about taking that risk and jumping into the unknown and finding yourself in a much better place than you were previously in. And that's exactly what both Layla and Landen had once they took the risk on each other.

AND OH! How can I not rave about that teaser for Hold Us Close??? You are such a tease, Caisey! Now I'm formulating so may possible storylines based on that teaser and I'm really worried what will happen to Layla.

----------------------------------------------

BUT was it just me or did the whole story feel too rushed? Like each chapter was moving on lightning-speed pacing? It started out with the novella and then continued on with the story and I kept on wishing that things would slow down a bit because it had such a complicated story that really needs to be addressed properly. It's not that I hated it but I just think that the story had more potential in becoming a great substantial story with so much depth and heart if it had a better story development and pacing, because that's exactly what I loved about Girl with Guitar to begin with.

This was basically how the story felt for me...

which then left me looking like this...

The lightning-speed pacing just left me with quite a number of questions as well---like what happened to that "kindred spirit" that Layla saw in the cafe?---and so on. There were also so much room for character development (like Layla transforming from "never been kissed" to suddenly confidently standing naked in front of Landen) as well as room for having proper conversations about what really happened in the past and what they expect from each other now that they're back together in one place. Not to mention, I think the pacing also kind of hindered me from having a much deeper connection the characters as well. Still love the story overall but there's just this rather missing aspect that I just can't ignore.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 582 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.