Start by marking “Bite Me (Pride, #9)” as Want to Read:
Bite Me (Pride, #9)

Bite Me

(Pride #9)

Livy Kowalski has no time for idiots. When you shapeshift into a honey badger, getting through life’s irritants is a finely honed skill. Until she gets stuck housing her nutso cousin and dealing with her dad’s untimely and unexplained demise.

That’s where Vic Barinov comes in—or his house does. Vic can’t step outside without coming back to find Livy devouring his honey stas
Published March 25th 2014 by Brava (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bite Me, please sign up.
Monica She writes a series for awhile and needs a break and continues another and writes for that one for awhile. Authors get burned out like everyone else.…moreShe writes a series for awhile and needs a break and continues another and writes for that one for awhile. Authors get burned out like everyone else. This isnt the end of Pride. It just is for awhile. She's working on her Unleashing and of course her writing as G.A. Aiken which she happens to be working on her awesome dragons. :) (less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit Stars

Some Spoilers

“I plan to rain down vengeance on the man who did this to my father and anyone protecting or helping him. And you trifling band of miscreant felons are going to help me.”

photo livy7_zpsznedwbm7.gif

“You know how emotionally vested the wolves get about dominance. Why don’t you just go beat up some puppies, too?” Vic heard what sounded suspiciously like a giggle. “Okay! I get it,” she said. “I’ll send them an ‘I’m sorry’ basket of Milk-Bones to make it up to them.” “You
Keda
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
August 15, 2013

There is an excerpt up on Shelly Laurenson's website and IT IS AWESOME! Here is the link below. Enjoy. I definitely did :-)

Bite Me excerpt

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

IT'S LIVY!!! I LOVE LIVY!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS BOOK COMES OUT!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!!

Edit 1

So I thought waiting until 2014 wouldn't be that bad, but I've been on this page every day, more than once a day, willing the publication date to change. It hasn't. So for a few days I was like this...

Then I was like this...

and now
Orient
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Orient by: edge of bubble
A smutty dare from my beloved GR friend, Edge of Bubble. So lovely, so deadly and so enjoying while torturing me with smut books :D Well, Bubbles, I finished it so I guess I’m safe at last :P

“Bite Me” is the ninth book in Shelly Laurenston’s Pride series. This book can be read as an independent read, though I missed some vital information about the characters, but it didn’t spoil my reading a lot. So….A playdate with a honey badger shifter Livy and hybrid tiger-bear shifter Vic. The story involv
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
***ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

Another book for my favorites self from Shelly Laurenston. I'm seriously starting to believe that I would even love this woman's shopping list. I don't like all her books equally but I love them all to pieces. I'm not much of an ARCs fanatic(like some people I won't be naming *looks pointedly at most of her friend list*) but I was seriously squealing in glee over getting this a month early.

In this book we have Olivia, Livy, Kowals
Paranormal Kiss
Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston is the 9th book in her Pride series. I have enjoyed the previous books in the series but this one completely failed to hold my attention. It was a struggle for me to finish. I just wasn’t interested or entertained.

I think the main issue that I had with Bite Me is that it suffers from multiple personalities. The story jumps around characters frequently throughout the entire book. The story is told from the point of view of over 25 characters, I kid you not! I started
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
What happens when you put a mean honey badger and a hybrid feline/grizzly shifter together? In Shelly Laurenston's latest instalment to the Pride series, Livy Kowalski and Victor Barinov are paired together in what has to be the most entertaining story yet!

As a mean honey badger who doesn't need anyone to lean on, Livy is used to being on her own. However, when her father dies, Livy doesn't want the emotions to affect her. She treads on as honey badgers do and this is where Vic comes in. The sof
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

ME WHILE READING THIS BOOK:

“I’m a honey badger. I’m fearless.”

Why did it take me so long to pick this book up from my shelf- I'll never understand. Maybe because I wasn't this much blown away by the previous installment, but this one was way, way better.

Honey badgers, the race of con shifters, are one fierce and bad-ass force to be reckoned in the shifter world of the Pride series. And probably the meanest. *Added to my favorite shifter group* Pair
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
How can this book be the end?????

I love the Pride Series by Shelly Laurenston. Especially the books about bear shifters. I loved, loved Crush and anytime Bo is mentioned my ears perked up.

Shelly did a fabulous job of bringing everything together, characters, plot lines, and big get-togethers. It felt like a big family good-bye party, revisiting old favorites, couples and packs.

Reading this book and knowing that there might not be another one was heartbreaking. Her shifters are the riot, they ma
Julia's Book Haven
These books are absolutely hilarious! I loved Vic and Livy. And I can't wait for more books from this series.
MrsJoseph
OMG.

I LOVED this book. Seriously laughing out loud. Livy is the best.

Don't forget: Honey Badger don't give a shit!

What makes me sad is this series ends after Bite Me. There were a couple of set ups I saw happening that I want to read: Hannah: Hannah now has twin foxes (Polar bears have foxes...) whom she can't shake + Abby's still hanging around. I want to know more about Hannah. Jai looked to want to kill a male lion dr. she knows - that might have been fun, too.

Als
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I am a massive Shelly Laurenston fan, apart from a few books, I must have read pretty much everything she has written. Something about the sarcasm, humour and casual violence that laces her books hits my sweet spot. But, the last few I have read in her Pride series...they just aren't doing it for me like they used to, I feel this series is getting tired and a little worn out.

The romance in Bite Me was fairly lukewarm and although I liked both Livy and Vic, they are going to end up just another
Beth
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, Bite Me is a hysterical, fun and highly entertaining book. I laughed out loud to many times to count and had a crazy smile on my face most of the read. Laurenston has a way of fusing animal characteristics with human emotions making utterly outrageous, witty and wildly captivating story lines.

It isn't all fun and games. Somehow, Laurenston also weaves difficult and heart aching situations into this humor filled plot. This gives us the perfect balance of enjoyment and a deep chara
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I have to admit I am a horrible Pride fan. I’ve only read two books in the series, the two most recent ones. I loved every single page of both of them. This series has an unexpected mix of humor and snark. All of the characters have their own unique quirk, dysfunction, craziness, or just simple trait that makes them a hilarious read.
Livy is one of those characters that have a dry sense of humor. Many people don’t get her and even more people fear the tiny little honey badger. Vic is a ginormous
Carly
"Badgers will go from one extreme opinion to another, whether they believe in it or not, as long as it gets that ugly fight rolling in."
"I always thought of foxes as the troublemakers."
Livy snorted. "Foxes are lightweights. Cute little con artists and gold diggers. But honey badgers…we've been changing history since before a Roman honey badger told Julius Caesar that he doubted Pompey would have a problem with him crossing the Rubicon. And, of course, everyone knows about Rasputin-although he wa
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Audio Aug. 2018: Well, I had fun again. The audio was great. It was a lot of fun visiting these characters again and the world. I felt like it was the first time reading. I love the Pride series, so it was great to listen and feel so much more for the story. I laughed out loud and cried for those that lost someone, even if they weren't close, their were emotions that came across. If you enjoy quirky, snarky, and over the top characters then you will probably enjoy this series. It's light-heart, ...more
Donna
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelly Laurenston makes me laugh. This series always picks me up. Shelly Laurenston’s Pride series is filled with sigh worthy fellows and super snarky women. The stories are well told. They are filled with action, adventure, love and laughter and each and every one has a subtle subplot speaking out against things like bullying, prejudice, self-esteem issues and the like without being preachy. All this goes to say I LOVE THIS SERIES! This story is no different. Hunky Bear-tiger Vic (No I am NOT a ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: April 2014
Buddy read with Jo

1st read: February 2014
Funniest book I've read this year!
Somia
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
When it comes to Laurenston's shifter books I generally love them and that feeling hasn't changed with my re-read of Bite Me.

This book has the perfect blend of humour, snark, romance and action. What I love about these books is that they always make me laugh (to varying degrees) no matter how many times I re-read them.

After being introduced to Livy in Wolf with Benefits I was so hoping for her own book and this did not disappoint, and the fun of the book doesn't diminish when re-re-re-reading.

Ho
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think I'm just going to write one review for every single book in this series. It will work because it's essentially the same book written nine different ways.

When I read the prequel to this series, Howl For It, I thought to myself, Well, this could be interesting. I really liked reading about Darla and Eggie. The backwoods redneck theme made me a bit leery, but Laurenston wrote the characters with such unapologetic frankness that I found myself liking even the loudest, brashest southerners i
Laura the Highland Hussy
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this review on Got Fiction? book blog

3.5

Livy’s dad died, but since she really didn’t like him, she’s only at the funeral for the drama. But before you think she doesn’t care, let me point out that she’s a honey badger. And we all know honey badger don’t care.

Okay, that may have been a bit over the top, but that’s the best part about this series; this series is completely over the top, and it revels in it.

For those who haven’t read Shelly Laurenston before, I don’t know as I’d suggest readin
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
4 HONEY BADGER STARS

Olivia "Livy" Kowalski has lost her creative edge. She's been working as the photographer for the Shifter Sports League, which her friend Toni, from Wolf With Benefits , got her. And something just doesn't feel right. Going against who and what she is, she has a steady job and an apartment. Its not until after her father's funeral when she runs into Vic Barinov that things start to change.

Vic can't understand why Livy is the only person that doesn't irritate him. Even when
Zeek
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, shifters, romance
Livy Kowalsk- Honey Badger shifter, artist and actively avoiding her thieving family- well except when its her father's funeral. Mostly she aint got time for most peoples peccadillos- though she seems to have plenty of her own- burrowing holes, stealing other people's honey and sleeping under beds. She hasnt had inspiration for her photography for a long time but then her crazy cousin moves in and a big ol Tiger/Grizzly shifter enters the picture...

Vic Barinov a mix breed Siberian Tiger/Grizzly
Laurie: Almost Faemous
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Bite Me from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Shelly Laurenston is one of my go to authors, her books are what I grab when I need a laugh or when I just want something light hearted and fun to read. Nobody in the urban fantasy genre creates insane characters quite like she does and I love every sociopathic one of them. She mixes the characteristics of the animals they shift into along with some really funky personalities in a hilarious manner and Bite Me is
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I love, love, love Livvy. She is so hardcore tough, non caring, and funny. And Vic is like a goofy bear with his hand stuck in a honey jar. Livvy is the baddest bitch around that goes into any situation, dangerous/life threatening/etc. with no fear, just as a badass bitch. She's even more badass than Dee Ann probably. And Vic still likes her and puts up with her quirky humor, as she puts up with how anti-social and awkward he is.

The inclusion of Livvy's honey badger family that is completely ba
Emily
No one messes with a honey badger, they are one of the most unpredictable and terrifying shifters out there. Having seen Livy Kowalski in action, Vic Barinov has respect for her more than others. In fact he tolerates Livy more than anyone else, that is why when he asks Livy to get information about a man who has been on the run and hard to find, he knows something has gone terribly wrong. Vic has Livy's back through it all and finds himself looking at her more as a his woman than his friend.

I wa
Saly
This book was quintessential Shelly and I loved it. Honey Badgers are seriously crazy fun and Vic with his utter seriousness was a hoot. I enjoyed the antics more than the romance but this book made me fall in love with this series all over again.
Katie Reus
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible-listen
The romance wasn't super strong in this one but this was a really entertaining read (audible listen). It was so funny!
 Rosebud
What do you get when a pit a grumpy, anti social, grizzly-tiger hybrid shapeshifter male with a strong willed, independent, equally grumpy and anti social honey badger shapeshifter female? A totally awesome Shelley Laurenston read jam packed with action/adventure, suspense, belly laugh quality humor, oil and vinegar family in a book that you will have a hard time putting down.

If you don't know what a honey badger is I highly encourage you to get a basic cliff notes education about this bad ass
Douglas Meeks
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing

That’s where Vic Barinov comes in–or his house does. Vic can’t step outside without coming back to find Livy devouring his honey stash and getting the TV remote sticky. It gets his animal instincts all riled up. But he’ll have to woo her at high speed: all h
Witty PNR books like the Pride Series 30 264 Jan 20, 2019 06:30AM
Goodreads Feedback: I can't figure out what book edition I have shelved!!!!?! 54 118 Feb 26, 2018 03:46PM
Which is your favourite couple in the series? 4 17 Jan 19, 2016 03:38PM
PBS Nature -- Honey Badger 9 57 Nov 09, 2014 04:49PM
Urban Fantasy: Werewolf Reccomendations 23 117 May 11, 2014 10:46AM
Who's Your Author?: Help! I don't know what to read next! 25 58 May 08, 2014 04:39AM
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Sun, Sand, Sex (includes: The Long Island Coven, #1)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • What a Bear Wants (Wild Side #1)
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ou ...more

Pride (9 books)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
“Have you thought about studying psychology, Kyle?” he asked.

“I plan to get my PhD in that. To get my PhD in art history just seems so . . . useless. I study art and its history every second of every day. I mean, when you think about it . . . I’m art history in the making. But a PhD in psychology would allow me to understand my enemies so I can destroy them and their careers before they get in my way.”

Cherise leaned over and whispered in Coop’s ear, “If he starts wondering about the taste of human flesh, you do understand we will have to stop him before his murder spree begins?”

“I’m more worried,” Cooper whispered back, “that he’ll become ruling overlord of the universe and we’ll have to find some kind of magic sword if we hope to destroy him.”

They both shuddered and returned to their work.”
13 likes