Start by marking “Change: Learn to Love It, Learn to Lead It” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Change: Learn to Love ...

Richard Gerver

Change: Learn to Love It, Learn to Lead It

'To be successful, you have to be able to adapt to change' - Sir Alex Ferguson

The pace of change is greater than ever. We face new challenges every day in our jobs and in our personal lives. Those who can handle change are the most fulfilled. Those who fear change will find it hardest to thrive.

As a head teacher, Richard Gerver famously transformed a failing school into
Published by Portfolio Penguin (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change

Start your review of Change: Learn to Love It, Learn to Lead It
Snezhana Bowden
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the change apps! They summarized the chapters giving the short but sweet advices that you could apply to your life.
Nina Kociuba
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a particularly great, easy read for anyone involved or interested in working within education.

I am generally a little dubious of 'self help' books, and this one is definitely marketed as one. However, it is highly recommended by the great educationalist Sir Ken Robinson and so I was curious to see whether it could illuminate anything before I embark within the world of education.
Richard Gerver uses his own experiences as constant examples of how to embrace life changes which could be s
James
Enjoyed lots of this book.
Sally
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Some interesting pointers. He talks a lot about his own life experiences, not just a straightforward self help book
Andrea Corbetto
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved the fact it's personal yet informative. It helps you see beyond. I also like the experiences he added from other people.
Loy Machedo
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loy Machedo's Book Review - Change by Richard Gerver

If there is an endorsement by Sir Ken Robinson (Element, Finding your Element), You can bet your life I will pick up that book. And it was this very reason I decided to pickup Richard Gerver's 'Change'.

About the Author:
Richard Gerver is one of the world's foremost thinkers on education, leadership and change. In 2005, he was judged the best head teacher in the UK, after turning a failing school into a global innovation success story.

Sir Ken R
Sian Lile-Pastore
I saw Richard Gerver speaking and he was a really good speaker and inspiring too although I also found him a little bit too 'motivational speaker'...
And I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book - I thought it might be a bit cheesy (which now and again it is)- but actually it's also quite inspiring and pretty helpful about how to embrace change, to be a good leader and to inspire other people too, and generally about being a better person at work, to be true to yourself and to work to your
Ghaith
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
At first I thought I couldn't benefit from it since the writer was talking about his own change experience at the UK's educational system, but after carrying on I came across many approaches could benefit my self and others around me professionally and personally.
bacabuku
Sep 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i thought this book supposedly written in general situations but the writer keep on telling about his own experiences as a teacher (a great one, if i may).
for now i cant apply any of the "advices" or "tips" into my chaotic life.
may be i will return to this book later and give it a 2nd chance.
Ka Ming
'To be successful, you have to be able to adapt to change' Sir Alex Ferguson
Inta
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
encouraging words for the first steps on the road of change and unknown.
easy to read.
Warren
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Simply transformative. And did I mentioned Wow!? Wow! So far, this is my "must-read" for 2013.
Ross McGill
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic thought...
Ghadeer Kja
I bought this book because of its name, I needed a change in my life. interesting book, but its focus on changing in work and business.
ALLY JUMANNE
Very nice book for those who real need to change their mindset and believing in themselves , I got what I want in this book for 80%...It's good book
Saccharomyces

• Everything Is Figureoutable
  • presenting peru & machupicchu
  • Kindle Oasis User's Guide
  • The Man Who Outshone the Sun King: The Rise and Fall of Nicolas Fouquet
  • The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Other Dementias, and Memory Loss in Later Life
  • Success on Your Own Terms: 6 Promises to Fire Up Your Passion, Ignite Your Career, and Create an Amazing Life
  • Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War Two
  • Shortcut: How Analogies Reveal Connections, Spark Innovation, and Sell Our Greatest Ideas
  • Five Minds for the Future
  • What Is Your What?: Discover the One Amazing Thing You Were Born to Do
  • Humility: An Unlikely Biography of America's Greatest Virtue
  • The Borgias: The Hidden History
  • You Only Have to Be Right Once: The Unprecedented Rise of the Instant Tech Billionaires
  • The Road to Reinvention: How to Disrupt Your Organization Before the Competition Does
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness
  • The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
  • Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys
  • Annuities For Dummies
Richard Gerver has been described as one of the most inspirational leaders of his generation. He is an award-winning speaker, bestselling author and world-renowned thinker.

Richard began his career in education, most notably as headmaster of the failing Grange Primary School. In just two years, famously transformed into one of the most acclaimed learning environments in the world. He was celebrated