Start by marking “Needing You” as Want to Read:
Needing You

Read Book

Needing You

Dear Author,
He watched as the loud, aggressive red-head approached the blond boy on the dance floor. ‘Jake’ shook his head. The boy was just his type, but he’d found through the grapevine that the blond also came with a ton of baggage. Evidently the boy’s ex really did a number on him, enough that his friends held an intervention. But it didn’t help, the boy just stopped t
Published July 6th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Needing You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Needing You

Chris, the Dalek King
I enjoyed this, for the most part. I haven't been all that interested in BDSM lately (and tho boy have I gone thru an awful lot of them this month), but this wasn't all bad. I did find the whole deimen thing a bit...superfluous? Like I'm entirely sure that this book wouldn't have been better if it was taken out because it only really made things a bit more confusing than it needed to be. Maybe if this was a bit longer and the whole deimen aspect had a larger part in the story it might have been ...more
Silkeeeeeereads
I am not one to normally go for the mythical reads. I have found most are bogged down in world building. This was an exception, mostly because there wasn't a lot of building or explanation. I became vested in the characters quickly, which is a must in a short story. I was reading it waiting to get a CT-Scan and had to stop reading there because I got a little warm. So, the sex was hot. It's not what I would call heavy BDSM but lite. Enjoy!

Thanks to Alicia for sharing it with us.

Penumbra
I submitted a prompt to the 2013 Love Has No Boundaries event on the M/M Romance group and it was claimed by Alicia Nordwell. Thanks Alicia!

The prompt and story, which is titled Needing You, can be found here:

(view spoiler)
Elin
Cason is a descendant of a deimon, meaning he's very good at reading people. He uses this ability as a Dom to help subs find their way and to realize their desires. (view spoiler) ...more
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Not my usual fare but interesting to see the development of the relationship between the Dom Cason and his sub Vince.

I like a little rough play and bondage from time to time but am not by any means into the D/s lifestyle, so much of this was new and beyond my normal comfort zone personally. It is nice to know that there are and or should be Doms out there like Cason who really are concerned with their subs welfare and not just their own self gratification.

A good read but one I had to take at a m
K
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 6.7.13
Very well written and enjoyable story of a damaged sub, Vince, and the Dom who believes he simply wants to do what he does with other subs, give them what they need and then push them in the right direction to a Dom of their own. The story has an added paranormal element to it, which for me just didn't seem completely necessary for the enjoyment of the overall story. The "big misunderstanding" trope is not a favourite, particularly in D/s stories where trust between the
FantasyLiving
This was a sweet story. I loved the sex scenes, and the sounding. Yum. The chemistry between Vincent and Cason was good.

I was thrown off by the paranormal element. I accepted it for the plot, but didn't particularly care for it. Im not sure what exactly was wrong with it. It was different.

I liked both characters. There was a decent amount of time spent ensuring that Vincent was OK.

I liked the overall story.

(view spoiler)
Crispy
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Forsooth milord. A Dom with daemon in his bloodlines uses his psychic powers to read the aura of needy subs so he can use his psychosexualtherapeutical superpowers to....couldn't read anymore, my eyeballs were twitching hysterically.
Monique
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I loved this BDSM read. It was well written and I liked the characters. I feel the paranormal element was unnecessary and distracting, and the misunderstanding could have been set out better, but I still enjoyed this one.
Meggie
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, paranormal, romance
I'm positively impressed in Alicia Nordwell's story here.
Her plotted story here is, personally, really well written, pulling and gives us a total satisfying ending. I like both MC's, that why I wish there was more.
RECOMMENDED!
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Too kinky for my taste but it was a decently written story nonetheless.
Sunny
I really liked Vince, and the D/s scenes were steamy hot. I wasn't as sure about the paranormal aspects which distracted me from my favorite parts of the story.
Annika
1,5*
This was apparently not my thing, here were so many things that bugged me.
I didn't connect to the MC's at all.
The paranormal aspect was unnecessary and kind of strange. And I'm no one for "sexual healing" - have great sex and everything (abuse, PTSD or whatever) is healed. It's like an excuse for no interaction apart from sex.
Using your paranormal abilities to let submissive's with the help of BDSM sex find their core?? No further comment.
We are told what a great Dom Cason is and that he tal
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Mandy
This was a terrific story. It's the story of Cason, a "daimon" who possesses special talents to be able to see within some people and be able to guide them to what they really need. Cason applies this gift both in his job as a counselor and in his lifestyle as a Dom. When he observes Vince, a sub who is struggling to find a Dom to meet his needs, he decides to intervene and help Vince even though his special powers don't seem to be working when he interacts with Vince.

What I liked:

--the dynami
Michelle
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
★★★ = It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. It was just okay.

I saw "Alicia Nordwell" and "free download" and that was enough to convince me to start reading. On the other hand I don't like BDSM, at all, like, I would never read it, so, I can't rate this high as I don't like that genre.

That being said, my rating is not subject to Alicia's skills. The story was well written. It had good flow and even though it was BDSM, it was very tame and more consensual bondage with some toys; tolerable for someon
Lorraine
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the plot idea of this story, damaged sub meets a Dom who only ever gets one scene with subs before they work out someone else is more their type and leave.
The story didn't get a higher rating from me though, as I felt the situation with the ex, who may or may not have been a daimon, felt a bit of an added extra that hadn't been fully developed and although I connected with Cason, I never felt any affinity with Vince.
That said the care and compassion Cason had for Vince was very sweet and
Elizabeth
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story, although I would have preferred the lack of the paranormal element. I think it would have been a pretty good BDSM contemporary story without it. I enjoyed the development of the MC's relationship and the BDSM scenes were hot. The secondary characters were interesting. Cason's reason for pushing Vince away (related with the paranormal element) was weak and this last
part of the story was not satisfying, thus not quite reaching 4 stars. This was my first story by the
Dee Aditya
I liked this one well enough-- I'm a sucker for the little sub needing to be rescued by the big dom trope. The kink in this was very mild, really, but there was a nice emotional connection there.

The part about Vince's ex boyfriend was never properly explained, though. I kept expecting that there would be a reason why it was mentioned, but nope. Disappointing on that one front, but a nice quick read overall.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

I really enjoyed this one and found both Vince and Cason to be interesting characters. I loved the theme of healing Vince's past experiences as a submissive and showing him what it means to be in a healthy D/s relationship. However, I felt the paranormal elements were a little odd and I actually would have preferred the story without them.

Reader Safety: past abuse
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
A lovely and heart warming story with some interesting Greek mythology. It was a pleasure watching Vince begin to trust again and take pleasure and pride in his submission. My only problem was that the dialogue was rather strange at times and perhaps unnatural and there were a few phrases here and there which didn't quite fit the character or story. Overall it was an enjoyable story.

Rating: Slightly more than 3
Anna
This isn't really m kind of book. I'm not a big fan of BDSM but I'm learning a little. I guess I mostley read it becuase of the promise of an abused MC, I do love those. The story was good but I did think that Cason was a little thick, it was soo obvius that Vince wanted him end yet he couldn't see it...stupid.
Rachel Emily
Oh this was just fantastic! I loved the characters so, so much...especially Vince. Cason is just the perfect match for him. I also enjoyed the paranormal element of it, I like that it didn't overshadow the story, it was just a part of it. Smokin' hot and I really enjoyed this one! Thank you for a great story!
Saphirablue
Aղցela W.
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty story about Vince a sub who was abused he can't seem to find a Dom to give him what he wants until Cason. He is a well respected Dom who never has the same partner twice. This book had some really hot scenes and I wanted more. This is my first time reading this author the book was really well written and I am looking forward to reading more of her work.
Tj
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This was a cute little story. It wasn't real heavy on BDSM but it was a different look at it. I couldn't figure out why Cason was fighting the whole thing so much. I do wish that we could have seen more of Vince. I would have liked a little more balance to the story but the writting was well done. I really enjoyed reading it.
Keara
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this... Watching Vince grow as a character was well done. I cried and laughed and wanted to yell at the main characters to talk to each other. When I experience all three of those I've really enjoyed the book!
Awilk -never sleeps-
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful BDSM short with a paranormal twist. The MC's were both extremely lovable, with a nice variety of secondary characters that rounded out this story that I think I will see on my re-read shelf.
Victoria
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 - I enjoyed this story, the characters and the romance. I would have loved to see Cason's ability at work. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Alicia Nordwell for donating your story, your time and your talent.
F.
This story has been on my tbr for ages and it is a wee gem. I enjoyed the building relationship between Cason and Vince. Like others I wasn't sure that the paranormal aspect was really required, the story could have stood without it.

4 stars
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Shannon
Shelves: bdsm, paranormal, enjoyed, lhnb
I thought this was a hot little read with a sweet side too. The daimon storyline kind of threw me (and I'm not sure I understood it properly) but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book. Overall, an enjoyable read.

• Daddy's Boy
  • Apartment 1209
  • Six
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Winter Winds
Hi! I'm Alicia, also known as Cia. I'm a huge bookworm and I also write straight and gay fiction online under both names. I love to mix modern and paranormal worlds! When I'm not reading for pleasure or writing, I'm beta reading for my author friends, doing photography, or taking care of my very patient family! You can find links to all of my free online fiction through my blog.

You can find a lis