Start by marking “First Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #1)

First Kiss

(Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips #1)

VL. Virgin Lips. You may not have heard of it, but where I live, it's a thing with a card, even if it is a figurative card. I was Brooklyn Hamlin, certified virgin lips, and I planned on clinging to that figurative card with all I had--while dating as many of the hottest guys at school as I could.
Maybe that's a bit strange. I mean, what teenage girl isn't interested in kis
Kindle Edition, 1, 61 pages
Published July 3rd 2013 by O'neal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about First Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Kiss

Cathy
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn Hill is about to have the best, most amazing birthday in a good LDS girl's life. She's about to turn 16. She's a VL (Virgin Lips) planning to stay that way for a good long time, but at the same time she wants to date the most good looking guys that she can. She'll start with Luke on her 16th birthday, he's a good friend from swim team, so she knows that she'll have a great time. But things get confusing when several of the other girls from school and swim team start telling her that she ...more
Soma Rostam "IOB"
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't put a lot of expectations for this book. I thought it would be a cute, short, and silly (in a good way!) high school romance, and it was exactly that.
Brooke has just turned sixteen. And she's a virgin lips. So, when she finally has the freedom to actually go out with guys, and go on dates, most of the guys in her school become interested in the new lips in town! But, you don't always get what you expect, and Brooke will find out the hard way.
This book is really, really short. I thin
Dawn Parker
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Absolutely did not like the book!! Only thing good to say is that it was quick to finish. This story is geared for teenagers and it is a two part read. The plot was relatable. Young girls anxious over their first kiss.

My problem with this story is it got really dumb. Who calls their lips VL (virgin lips)? REALLY??!! Then my biggest issue is with how the author wrote about the girl going on a date with a guy who was a class act jerk and forces himself on her. But DOESNT tell/teach how the teenage
Books
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
The thing I like most about this book is the cover. Kudos to the cover artist! This is a well-written short read with a main character that is slightly annoying, but mostly likeable. I’ve never heard of the Virgin-Lips-until-you’re-sixteen thing, but if a guy spoiled me as much as Brooklyn was spoiled by Luke, I sure as heck am going to let him kiss me. I enjoyed the story, but I didn’t understand why Brooklyn was so upset about being kissed or not wanting to be kissed. I don’t know what it must ...more
Samantha Arnold
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all teenagers (both boys and girls)
Shelves: netgalley, love-it

This novella/short story was amazing! I thought it was so much fun. :D In the beginning of the book I thought that her birthday (birthday party) was so much fun! I hope my sweet sixteen birthday is like that (well the party part at least). I've never had a surprise birthday party before! But I've always wanted one. As I was reading I kept thinking of things to write for the review. Though I've kind of forgotten them, but nevertheless I still remember some.
Chrissy
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: for-review
At age 15 (almost 16), Mormon high school student Brooklyn Hamlin is proud to announce her position as a VL -- Virgin Lips --- a feat that the majority of her friends and classmates weren't quite able to achieve. And with her 16th birthday nearing, Brooklyn knows that she will finally be allowed to go on group dates -- and maybe even to kiss a boy -- although Brooklyn firmly believes that since she is not yet ready to settle down, she's not quite ready to get serious with any boy. But a date or ...more
loveandstolenkisses
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I didnt really have the biggest expectation for this book. I just wanted something easy and light to read, and the book fulfils this :)

I have to be honest and say that while it was well written, it also was an unrealistic story. At least for me. I have never heard the term virgin lips before, so I dont know if it actually is a term, or if the author made it up, but basically being a virgin lips means that you never have been kissed.

Our main person Brooklyn is a virgin lips, and shes not planning
 Mummy Cat Claire
This book is shorter than a novella. The story continues in subsequent books but they are referred to as episodes. I'm not sure what's up with the separate books but it doesn't work for me. They all could be combined into a nice, cute story about a girl seeking out her perfect first kiss.

description

Ok, so all of this reminded me of Never Been Kissed. Gotta love it. Anyho, Brooklyn Hill is a virgin lips young lady who is a sophomore in high school. She loves cheerleading but didn't make the team this year a
Kathy
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This is a quick on sitting read.  I've read Cindy's book Watched and saw this as an Amazon Freebie so I grabbed a copy and read it quickly.  It's a cute story.

The main character is LDS living in Utah.  She has very high standards and tries to follow all the rules.  Those not familiar with the Mormon religion may not get this book.  Those who are will probably be able to appreciate her thought process as she turns 16 and is headed on her first date.

Reading it made me realize I was grateful to no
Vanya D.
Oct 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
NOTE: I received the eARC via Netgalley.

When I requested this book I had no idea it would be so short. That was both a good and a bad thing. Good - it didn't take much time to finish. Probably an hour at max. Bad - it can't really classify as a book, can it? It's just four short chapters that leave you hanging.

To be honest, I couldn't really get to like the girl, Brooklyn, who is Mormon. I don't know if that makes any difference in the real world, but here it does. It's like all girls in the co
Ashley Ferguson
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
This little novella was free on Amazon for Kindle for a little bit, and it sounded like a cute little story about high school romance so I got it. And it was pretty much exactly that. The main character is a little strange, but I kind of figured that going into it.

Brooklyn is your typical teen girl in that she has friends, they hang out, she does after-school activities, and she wants to date all the hottest boys in school. Where she's different is that she isn't allowed to date until she's 16
books are love
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this via netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

this is a cute book. The writing is light and fun while tackling a topic that is close to all teenage girls hearts. that first kiss, the one we all dreamed of and wanted to be perfect. the one we wanted with the perfect guy at the perfect time.

Brooklyn has too but not as much as others. Her life is structured and she enjoys that simplicity. when she turns 16, she is allowed to go on dates and this excites her but also makes
Monica
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Brought to us by author Cindy Hogan of the Watched series, this is an illuminating short story. It addresses first dates, first loves, first kisses, and expectations of a teenaged girl.

Brooklyn has a policy of not dating until she's 16, and has promised herself that she'll remain a VL, or virgin lips, until she finds someone who is truly special to her. Even though many will say this is unrealistic in terms of modern teenage girls, I found Brooklyn to be refreshing. She's smart, she knows what
Ashley
Aug 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
This review can also be found at http://ChiquitaBlogger.wordpress.com

So, I did not know that this book was a LDS book. Otherwise, I wouldn't have read it. Not that I have anything against LDS, but as I am not Mormon, I cannot relate to any aspect of the story.

This was a super short story of a girl who's never been kissed. Since it was so short, I didn't really get a chance to get into it before it was over. The main character was cute if not a little naive.

I will not be continuing the series bec
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This novella is short but sweet, focusing on the life of a young girl, guarding her kissing virginity. The protagonist is true to her age and it is clear she is growing throughout the novel, changing into an adult even though she is still so young and perhaps a little immature for 15-16.

This novel is suited for younger teen readers, it is too young to fall into the traditional walls of the YA genre and some may find it tedious. That being said, it is a quick
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
First Kiss: Confessions on a 16 Year-Old Virgin Lips Episode One
by Cindy M. Hogan

This short book is great for any young reader. I read it in one sitting. Even thought I like YA this was a bit too immature for me, but any middle school girl would love and quickly get hooked on this series. Overall, I was a good read for a younger audience.

This review is alos posted on my blog http://bsreviewers.blogspot.com
Pamela
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It grabbed my attention right away and kept me interested. I couldn't put it down until I was done. I loved how this book had to deal with what teenage girls want and fear, their first kiss. I can't wait for the 2nd book. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. I read all of Cindy Hogan's books and she is a great writer. You will not be disappointed
Gayle
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2014
Cute short story about a 16-year-old LDS girl just getting into the "dating scene." I liked how she really wanted to keep to her standards and thought it was a pretty good portrayal of teenage girl mentality.
Susan Tietjen
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooklyn is adorable, her desire to remain a Virgin Lips hilarious but understandable, and Luke's betrayal infuriating at best. Too many teens may be able to identify with what happens in this story, but the outcome is definitely unique. You'll love it.
Mindy
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Darling story. Brooklyn is an instantly likable character. Couple things I thought needed to be mentioned sooner, but all in all a fun, quick read.
Christina Tarbet
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and am excited for more to come out!
Fun and enjoyable read.
Vilde
Apr 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: disclaimer
Read through netgalley.com through Text Me: 8 Novels of First Love.
MiriLou
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Very mormon and teenagery. The whole "kiss rape" thing-very uncomfortable. Meh.
Sunshyne
Jaclyn
Feb 02, 2014
SOKelley
Aug 02, 2015
USA Today Bestselling author, Cindy M. Hogan is the author of edge of your seat, young adult suspense novels that always have a dash of romance, because every book should have hot guys and girls in them. Her first series, the Watched Series, skyrocketed her to number one bestselling author and she hasn’t let up since with over 20 novels to her name.

She never sits down to write, instead, she walks

Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips (5 books)
  • Stolen Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #2)
  • Rebound Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #3)
  • Rejected Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #4)
  • Dream Kiss (Confessions of a 16-Year-Old Virgin Lips, #5)