Start by marking “A Four Letter Word” as Want to Read:
A Four Letter Word

A Four Letter Word

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Zoey has had a crush on Evan since they first met in high school, but has never acted on those feelings. She has always felt she wasn’t Evan’s type and their friendship means too much to her to jeopardize. At a Halloween party, Zoey meets Griffin, something Evan isn’t too happy about. Zoey and Griffin’s budding relationship grows into something Zoey never thought she would ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Michelle Lee

To ask other readers questions about A Four Letter Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Four Letter Word

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
OMG !!! This book was soooo cute !!!! ♥♥ Zoey and Evan !! Jesus i love those too !!!

*Im doing some MAJOR SQUEALING HERE !!! ♥*

LOL..i honestly NEVER -EVER thouht i would give a 5 starer to such a simple-small chiclite read.But the day i defied that rule..has tottally come !

Because trust me u cant give these two and there bunch of nutty- crazy friends anything less !! LOL

And plus !! i sooooooo did not see that ending coming !!! seriously i did NOT !!!!

♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3♥♥3♥3
Tamara  Hook Me Up Book Blog
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

First of all, what a great cover! Something a little different.

I've got to say, I really liked this book. To be completely honest, it is not the kind of book that I usually read so I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it but straight away it caught my attention and it became a quick and enjoyable read.

Right from the start I loved the characters. Zoey and Evan have a great friendship and I was crossing my fingers for them all the way through. I also absolutely loved the side characters - the b
Our Fictional Boyfriends
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***A great big Thanks to Michelle Lee for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review***

~~ SPOILER FREE~~

I am in complete awe of this book that I can’t even begin to say how much I enjoyed reading it. After reading the synopsis and viewing the video trailer my expectations were high. A Four Letter Word managed to meet all my expectations plus more.

A Four Letter Word is very light and easy read, it gave me a little bit of everything I would want in a story. From the friendship to th
Bookbureader
Won this book from First Reads! Shipped fast, signed by author and came with a matching book mark.

After reading the prologue in 'A Four Letter Word' I immediately thought to myself "yup know the ending to this one". Sure this is your typical, predictable love story however, good stories are good stories. Even if the subject has been repeated time and time again the story itself can be different and interesting. I did not expect to get engrossed in this book but was shocked at how quickly I finis
Gena Puro
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
~2.5-3 STARS.~

"The not knowing, the what ifs...that is what will kill you. It's better to put yourself out there and know the truth so you can move on, rather than sit in silence and slowly torture yourself with what ifs."

Okay, so I've read a few books wherein best friends fall in love with each other yada yada yada, this one's no different maybe except for its ending. Very original. Never really saw that one coming.

All in all, it was okay. Or not.
Katie(babs)
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
P2P Twilight fan fiction: A Four Letter Word by teamedwardalwaysis.

Proof: http://twifanfictionrecs.com/2012/04/...
Jennifer G.
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was honored an ARC of A Four Letter Word, by: Michelle Lee; for an honest review.

Honestly-It was a great book. I give it a 5 star. Really enjoyed it. Writing was great. Characters were amazing, absolutely loved them all. Story line was not what I was expecting, but was hoping for. I really enjoyed this book. ONLY reason it took me longer to read it than it usually does, is because of my hectic, personal busy life I been having the last few weeks. But each chapter I had to stop at, until I coul
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this sweet, romantic story about Zoey and Evan. They have been best friends since they met 12 years ago during their sophmore year of high school. You will read about how they first met & how these two have managed to strictly keep their relationship in the “best friends” category for so long. Will Zoey ever find that four letter word??

Evan isn’t the jerk Zoey was told he was when she first lays eyes on him in high school. He turns out to be the nice guy, the one she
Beth
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Best Friend Stars

There are lots of four letter words. I use a lot of them. But this four letter word...L.O.V.E. can be one of the most beautiful. Most hurtful. Most hopeful.

Zoey is in love with Evan. Evan has been her best friend since high school. They have remained close through college, jobs, boyfriends and girlfriends. But she can't bring herself to profess that four letter word to him. What is he rejects her? She will have lost not only the hope of her long time love, but also her best fr
Mell
I'm sorry to say that I could not like this book.

Characters speak and act as though they never left high school, and are written as cliches. The longtime, fashion-challenged gal friend just needs a makeover by her fashion-obsessed best friend. The gay guys use words like fierce and fabu and Leer at every attractive straight male in sight. The male and female best friends dance around the will-we-or-wont-we until you just don't care anymore.
Chelsea Tahimic
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
love the twist..it's sooo amazing..it made me think about things haha :D
Lydia H
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blog Tour: http://bit.ly/1azRnQf

4.5 Stars
"There is one word, however, consisting of four harmless little letters. Alone and separate from each other, they have no power and only communicate sounds. But, when they strung together in the right order, they have meaning and depth and power. Above all else, they are explosive."

A sweet, romantic, and truly beautiful story that will make you smile. In A Four Letter Word we're taken through Zoey and Evan's journey. The best friends that have always
Lauren Dawes
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
It probably only took me a couple of days to read A Four Letter Word, which is about my average when I’m working and (attempting) to write, also. This story follows the lives of Zoey and Evan—two people who have been best friends since they were in high school. Zoey is chasing that allusive four-letter-word, to share her life with one person forever. The funny thing is, she already has it, but is too afraid to admit it for fear of losing her best friend.

The relationship Lee shows us between Zoey
Christy
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
***ARC***

Zoey has loved Evan since that day her sophomore year in Biology. They were paired as Lab Partners and never would she have thought that they would be best friends for the rest of their lives. Zoey has always told herself that she is not Evans type and that he only sees her as a friend and nothing more. Little does Zoey know, that just one greeting by a complete stranger will throw her life into a tailspin of events that will forever change the way she sees Evan.

Zoey and Evan are at a H
Covered In Books
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, the book description basically says it all. BUT.....I still thought this book was a total enjoyable read.
Let me start off with the cover: OMG, No half naked, muscule packed, tattooed guy? THANK YOU, Michelle Lee. Its been a while since Ive seen a cover without a body on it. Thats what actually caught my attention in the first place. It was white * smile * (white covers are rare these days).
With all the new stories Ive been reading lately, I cant say this story was something new. A Four Let
Melinda
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Since I'm getting back into reading this was a great book to start off with. It did start off a little slower than I like, but it definitely caught my attention within the first chapter. As I continued to read, I could easily picture and relate to the characters and settings that were displayed. If you have ever had that one really close friend and ever had a moment of blurred vision where you wonder if there could ever be more between you, then you would definitely be able to relate to this boo ...more
Sweets Books
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Do you believe in soul mates?

That's a good question when it comes to this book. It's a BIG what if moment in time! It turned out to be so much better than I thought. If I could I would give it more than 5 cupcakes. Yes, its one of those that has your heart breaking into a million pieces and you just know Thiers nothing you can do.

As the story begins we meet Zoey, I loved her. She reminded me of myself so much, she was totally relatable. She has her two BFF's Ashlee and Evan. But she's also head
Stefanie Jo
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. There are no words to describe the way that this book completely and totally consumed me from the moment I picked it up. "A Four Letter Word " Is a story that all of us can relate to from at least one point in our lives. We've all had that one friend that was always more family than anything, that you could always be yourself with in ways that no others could possibly understand, where you rode the line between love, and LOVE . The story between Evan and Zoey is a perfect tale that wi ...more
Amanda
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
this book was sweet. You have Evan and Zoey, 2 people who have been best friends since sophomore year of high school. now they are all grown up, and still best friends. Evan is still over protective of Zoey, and it's starting to drive a little crazy.

Deep down, Zoey has always had a thing for Evan, but in her eyes, he never has and never will see her as anything other than a best friend. She won't admit it, but she still has feelings for him, but continues to deny it, despite what everyone aroun
Melanie
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Congratulations to Michelle on a fantastic Debut Novel.
When I first saw the cover to this book and read the blurb a while back, it caught my eye as to wanting to read it. She certainly didn't disappoint. Another Couldn't put it down til finished book.

The storyline between besties Zoey and Evan, was hilarious, unexpected, well written but also felt the moment of a true solemate for the characters. The feeling I got through this book was warming as you felt the chemistry they felt for one another
Lori Garside
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
An incredibly well written novel. It is endearing, laugh out loud funny, and very relatable to all ages. The characters are very human, three dimensional and so well written I could hear them while I was reading.

I don't think there is anyone who hasn't felt the sting of unrequited love. Zoey and Evan meet in their sophomore biology class where they are paired as lab partners and a friendship is born. Zoey feels much more than friendship, but puts her feelings aside believing that they will onl
Cristin Boykin
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
OMG I freaking loved this book. I fell in love with every character I mean this book was a sweet romance, but it also has me laughing so hard. Zoey and Even have been best friends since their sophomore year of high school and they are both in love with each other but to afraid to admit to their feelings. Then Zoey meets Griffin at a Halloween party and well things get heated. I have to tell you though I was not expecting that surprise toward the end, but man I sure did love it. This book was sup ...more
Kami
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4star
This was actually a unique love story. Where there any surprises? No, not really (except for one twist that I won't give away). But it was a fresh take on a love story. I loved the characters, and if I was a crier then I would have gone threw a few tissues!!! I felt my heart breaking for both characters.
The only issues I had was sometimes there would be words missing or actually extra words. This would hurt the flow every once in awhile. I would have to re-read things a few times to figure out w
Loralee
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
What. A. Cop. Out.

I don't even know what to say. I am very very disappointed with the turn this book took. I was barely hanging on as it was with all of the clunky, redundant dialogue and the stereotypical, cliched characters and situations. Characters were superficial and trite, trite, trite. I mean, literally, there was nothing orignal about this novel. The first two-thirds was a snooze-fest. Cute. But boring as heck.

Then....

Then it just got stupid. I mean totally dumb. I finished it, becaus
Mayas
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would have to say that Michelle Lee did a GOOD job with this book. Zoey and Evan were like friends in which I grew up with and I felt connected and drawn in from the beginning. I actually read this book on the bus and caught myself getting stares because I laughed at many scenes and forgot where I was.

There were times when the events made me want to throw my device but in the end I was like WTH!!! I givethis book 3.5 stars and recommend it for a fast and relaxing read of a journey two friends
Cassandra
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book through goodreads first reads for free.

I have read this type of thing too many times for me to be really impressed with this book. I do however like it a lot and I would recommend it to everyone to read at least one time because i do not want my words to weigh heavily on this book. I find myself with mixed feelings for Zoey.

Thank you to Michelle for taking the time to write this rather likable read.
Mariah
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a little hard to get into the story at first. But as I kept reading, I couldn't stop.
The characters are memorable, there are many times when I had a smile on my face, and I loved the ending.
Yes, it is a bit cliche and it has a been-there-done-that feel to it. But it is a love story after all, and what person can honestly say they don't like a love story?
Good job Michelle Lee, and thanks for the note and bookmark! (I won the book through Goodreads.com)
Helen Simpson
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
What can i say about this book. I couldnt put it down i read it in one sitting. The book is well written and the characters are believeable. I absolutely love the giant bumble bee and pink flower (once you have read will know who i mean). A must read for anyone who has followed there heart.

Would recommend to everyone
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Holy wow! I so did not see the plot twist coming! Michelle, you caught me by surprise! This story is about a perfect and beautiful friendship. A pair of best friends who do everything together. This is a feel good story. It demonstrates how others view and perceive our actions. I highly recommend :-)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • conTEXTual roMANce
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • Living Backwards
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Cure For Pain
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • Live In Position
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
  • Black and White
  • A Political Affair
Michelle Lee lives in the heart of Nascar Country in Concord, North Carolina with her husband and daughter. When she’s not busy working, her days are filled with hanging out with her family and friends, reading, drinking Starbucks, and religiously watching the Food Network.
More about Michelle Lee