Start by marking “The Truth About Leo (Noble, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Leo (Noble, #4)

The Truth About Leo

(Noble #4)

The much-anticipated, brand-new Regency romance from New York Times bestselling author Katie MacAlister.

Can Dagmar flee Denmark

Dagmar Marie Sophie is a poverty-stricken Danish princess whose annoying royal cousin is about to have her stuffed away in a convent. When she finds a wounded man unconscious in her garden, she sees a way out of her desperate situation.

By Lying

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published August 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Leo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Leo

Caz
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
This one just scraped a C- at AAR, so I'm leaving it at 2 stars

The Truth About Leo is the fourth book in Ms MacAllister’s Noble series, the first of which, Noble Intentions was released over a decade ago. Two more books followed, but Ms MacAllister turned her attention elsewhere after the third, and has only now returned to the Regency era with this new addition to the series.

I had a good idea of what I’d be getting when I requested this book. I reviewed the audiobook version of Noble Intentio
AH
Initial Thoughts: I enjoyed this new addition to Katie MacAlister's Noble series. This book focuses on Princess Dagmar and her love interest Leo. If you are not sure that you'd like historical romance, this series may be a good start as it combines historical romance with a great some comedy. It's guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. As an added bonus, characters from the earlier books make a lengthy appearance in this book. It's so nice to see Gillian and Noble, Harry and Plum and a grown ...more
Farrah
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A light-hearted, sweet, and fun read, The Truth About Leo was a wonderful historical romance. I really liked this book. It was entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable.

Dagmar was a good heroine. She refused to let anyone, even the king of Denmark, tell her what to do with her life and she was clever (or perhaps impulsive) enough to figure a way out. She was a likable heroine and I thought she was great.

Leo was a total sweetie. He was the definition of a gentleman, totally adorable, and utterly ende
Maggie Hesseling
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I'm so frustrated by this series. I didn't really like book 1 and 2, but then I LOVED book 3! However, I've been disappointed by 4. I understand what the author was trying to achieve in the jail section, but it was not only confusing, but began to look really messy. It's hard to get characters to talk at the same time on paper and make it understandable.

That being said, I really liked the beginning (even if the novel was once again very predictable), as I thought the set-up of the story line wa
Jujubee
“That’s the second time you’ve saved my life.”
“I’m a princess,” she said loftily, as if he needed reminding. “Saving handsome men from certain death is what we do best.
That and waving gracefully to crowds.
Have you ever seen me wave? My mother taught me..."

Oh, dear author, I've missed you.

I attribute Katie MacAlister to jump starring my reading heart when I picked up Love in the Time of Dragons whilst perusing paperbacks at my local Target one Sunday afternoon in 2010. Real life had put my love

Eleanore June
nope. DNF at 2%
- Terrible reader
- Literal Cat Saving in the first 2 min
- Annoying "My boobs are too big" conversation
- Mediocre at best other reviews.

Not wasting my time even though it is a library find.
Nancy Haddock
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adorable

I haven't laughed aloud over a historical romance in a while, but this one had me chuckling throughout. Run to get the book!
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
The Truth About Leo (Noble, #4) by Katie MacAlister
Katie MacAlister

Your Serene Highness finds, saves and uses a wounded and dying English spy to get to England, for free!

Leopold Ernst George Mortimer, the Earl of March, is a spy for the Crown and has just finished his assignment in St. Petersburg, Russia and on his way to Germany via Copenhagen. Leo isn't happy, when a tree climbing kitty, his proud horse, a troublemaking girl and 3 Danish soldiers with swords, make his day go very bad!

Princess Dagma Marie Sophie of Sonderburg-Beck has no fami
Sophia
When it comes to this series, I get so excited to see each new installment because I know I'm going to get high entertainment from cover to cover. I was laughing before I finished the first page.

This book is part of a series and its best read in order due to the inclusion of recurring characters and particularly one side plot that carries over from the last book. However, this does feature a brand new couple and their story is completely contained in this book.

The story opens with Princess Dagm
Olivia

The truth about Leo is the 4th installment in the Noble series, this being the first I have read in this series I would say it can totally be read as a standalone. But after you read this one you’ll probably smash through the others. I found this book to be one of the best Historical Romances I have read, it embodies everything you can want: Humor, Historical setting, Love, Deception and Romance.

Dagmar Marie Sophie is a princess who also happens to be down on her luck with both parents gone and
Marilyn Rondeau
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Dagmar Marie Sophie is a poverty-stricken Danish princess who is the bane of her royal cousin’s (the King) existence. Because she is not entirely Danish, he wants her to go and live off of someone else’s charity - not his. His latest edict - go away or be placed in a convent! When Dagmar finds an unconscious, wounded and dying man in her garden who is obviously English; and if she is the wife of an English officer, would be able to procure passage to England, she arranges for a quick marriage.

Le
Tabatha
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Katie MacAlister is back, and I honestly couldn’t be happier! I’ve always loved her trademark witty humor and her colorful cast of characters, so I was delighted to find that she was releasing another historical in her Noble series. I will admit, that I may be a bit of a MacAlister fan girl (it was her books that got me back into reading after all) but I think that she is an amazingly talented lady. The Noble series has always been my favorite of her books, so I’ve eagerly anticipated this fourt ...more
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
H:Leopold Ernst George Mortimer, seventh earl of March
h: Dagmar Marie Sophie

This is my first time reading by this author. I though the book was pretty good.

I really liked Leo. I though he was a sweet Hero. I liked that he was good but could be bad also. The book starts with him hurting himself to save a cat for a little girl, AWWWW. I also liked Dagmar she was a strong-take no nonsense-knows what she wants heroine. It rear to find a book were i like the h ans H equally, I lean toward one or the
Becci
Aug 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
I can say very little that is nice about this book. The author tried too hard. She tried too hard to be humorous. She tried too hard to incorporate characters from other books.

She didn't try hard enough to build a complex plot. It was predictable, which was very disappointing. The plot could have been unique and interesting if it wasn't so obvious.

Dagmar was annoying. She was a thief (out of necessity, but still a thief). Her thievery was handled so glibly. She was overly naive, unbelievably s
Brittany
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Now, I definitely cannot read books like this very often it just makes my brain hurt. The main character is just way too ADD for me. It made it a tad bit hard to follow at times. Other than that it was a very entertaining read. I had a smile on my face for most of the book. Not sure about reading more from the author though but this was a nice change of pace.
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
The fourth installment in the Noble series is a great stand-alone romance. Well written and humorous. Please read my full review at my blog: http://letague.blogspot.com/2014/06/t...
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
All of her historical characters are manic pixie dream girls.
Erin
May 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
What a tedious tome. Skip it.
Angela
Dec 01, 2015 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
1 December 2015: $1.99 on Kindle
Andita
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book...

From start to finish like the rest of the series. I laughed and sighed at the romance. The characters are crazy people that I would hang out with. I'm looking forward to more by this author.
Diane
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dagmar is hilarious! I really enjoyed the style of writing in this story. I'm not quite sure what the plot was though and felt let down at the end. Maybe it had something to do with not reading books 1-3 of this series? My library didn't have them on audio which is what I have time for.
Ang
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Half delightful, half unbearable.
Rebecca
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny when read as a caricature of historical romances. Or a screwball comedy from the 40's like Bringing Up Baby - I could totally see Susan and David in this couple.
Dail Sams
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The Truth about Leo is an enjoyable, albeit somewhat silly romance between a British spy and a destitute Danish princess.
Karen Darling
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible
This book is silly.
Anna S
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein schöner Abschluss der Reihe.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Sourcebooks Casablanca

Genre: Regency Romance

Part of a series but can be read as a standalone

4 Witty Stars!!!

My The Truth About Leo Review...

Gah! I always forget how awesomely fantastic Katie MacAlister's writing is.  She has such humor
to her very quirky characters.  It has been a while since I have read
one of her books or even a regency romance but I am so glad that I
got to read this little gem.

The banter and the
interactio
Jackie
Book Info
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: August 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
original title The Truth About Leo
ISBN 140229445X (ISBN13: 9781402294457)
edition language English

May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cynthia
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5ish stars.

I use to read Katie MacAlister books all the time, usually her contemporary and they were always a riot and half. I didn't realize she wrote historical romances, too! So when the opportunity came up to review this, I knew I had to give it a try and I'm happy to say it definitely has that humour flare of Katie MacAlister that I enjoy so much!

The characters are wonderful hilarious. Leopold is a spy for the British government but due to some  unfortunate events (that all began with a k
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:21AM
  • Suffragette in the City
  • How To Lose A Lord In 10 Days Or Less (Tricks Of The Ton, #3)
  • The Songbird's Seduction
  • The Lady Meets Her Match (Midnight Meetings, #2)
  • The Earl's Mistress (MacLachlan Family & Friends, #10)
  • A Wicked Pursuit (Breconridge Brothers, #1)
  • The Game and the Governess (Winner Takes All, #1)
  • The Devil's Heart (The Chattan Curse, #3)
  • Lord Trowbridge's Angel (Six Rogues and Their Ladies #5)
  • The Taming of the Dru (Emily, #4)
  • Heat Wave
  • The Scandalous Mackenzies: The Untamed Mackenzie and Scandal and the Duchess
  • I've Got My Duke to Keep Me Warm (The Lords of Worth, #1)
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • What the Bride Wore (Bridal Favors, #3)
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)
  • Midnight Scandals
  • A Winter Wedding (Marriage Mart, #3)
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo ...more

Noble (4 books)
  • Noble Intentions (Noble, #1)
  • Noble Destiny (Noble, #2)
  • The Trouble With Harry (Noble, #3)
“A princess never refers to anything as a bitch unless it has eight teats” 0 likes