Start by marking “Thomas in Danger: 1779 (American Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Thomas in Danger: 1779 (American Adventures)

Thomas in Danger: 1779 (American Adventures)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Thomas Bowden hates the Tories, the colonists who have sided with the English during the Revolutionary War. He especially hates their Native American allies who tortured and killed many of his neighbors in a terrible massacre.still, he and his mother, sister, and baby brother have reached the safety of Philadelphia-but not for long. When Thomas recognizes a Tory spy, he is ...more
Published September 29th 1999 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Thomas in Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas in Danger

Katharine Ott
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
"From his perch in the wagon, Thomas Bowden stared anxiously into the woods on both sides of the road." What a great introduction this book is for young readers to a particular segment of America's Revolutionary War. The title of Bonnie Pryor's middle grade novel, "Thomas in Danger," tells it all, as Thomas is kidnapped by Tory sympathizers and held in an Indian village for almost a year.

The story begins as he, his mother and little sister, make their way to the relative security of Philadelphi
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great story to help teach what life was like for many of the people during the Revolutionary War. Teaches character traits and overcoming obstacles. I am having my students read it as we learn about the war in social studies. Also a great way to show students the dynamics between Native Americans and colonists at the time. Allows them to see it from a child's perspective. They seem to be enjoying it. The cover does not do the book any justice.
Jan 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-boys
We all loved this book as much as the first book in the series. One of my boys came to me with a few tears in his eyes, telling me how good it was and how much he liked it. These are perfect boy books (or girl books!) that make history fun. Thanks you Bonnie Pryor!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Mohawk Indians are the danger in this story about the Revolutionary War in Pennsylvania.
May 12, 2016
Dr Soheyla
Nov 20, 2014
Apr 05, 2014
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Good book for young readers
Aug 01, 2010