Start by marking “Oink, Oink Benny” as Want to Read:
Oink, Oink Benny

Oink, Oink Benny (Benny)

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Benny is going out. He is tired of hanging around inside. Benny's little brother is going out, too. He's also sick of hanging around inside. "Stay away from the mudhole," says Benny's mama. "Oink, oink," says Benny. Then Benny and his little brother head straight for the mudhole.

Witty, expressive art and a simple text make this a delightful addition to Barbro Lindgren and
Published April 1st 2008 by R & S Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Oink, Oink Benny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oink, Oink Benny

Jenn
Feb 18, 2009 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed since I'm a big fan of Boo and Baa. I just didn't like this story - I didn't like the reference to the characters' friends as "dumb," and it seems to encourage sneaking around and lying to your parents.
Libby
Sep 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
I would give this zero stars, but my 2 year old requested it, so I can't totally ignore it. I think this book may have lost something in translation. At least the pictures are cute.
Destinee Sutton
Mar 29, 2010 rated it liked it
I don't know if it's the translation or what, but there is something unusual about this book (for instance, the line, "Some of their friends are really dumb"--I'm sorry, did that just happen?). Maybe I'm being a stodgy American here, but this book makes me slightly uncomfortable. Four stars for the art, two for the story, in which two little pigs disobey their mom and get away with it.
Liz Todd
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eh. So, my 5 yo did not catch that the rain cleaned Benny off. Cute story, but no discussion of disobeying mama. And why did they want to sit so close to Klara?
Deb
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-alena
This is my favorite of the ten books I checked out for Alena this week. It doesn't have the most extraordinary illustrations and it's not the most clever of the books I read this week, so it's probably the blunt and simple display of human emotions that appeals to me. I wasn't expecting them, so that made them laugh-out-loud funny. It's a cute, simple story that kept our attention. We've stayed inside too much this winter so we also relate. I want to look for more books by the same author.
Vivian
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Oh have I love Lindgren's BENNY books. In this one Benny takes baby outside to play and ends up doing exactly what mother warned him not to do -- gets all dirty in the mud puddle. Reluctant to go home now, he and baby have all sorts of troubles. Finally they return home to mother's welcoming arms and a hot meal.
Polly
Cute and funny!
Danica Midlil
I like how the bully was treated as completely uninteresting.
Natalie
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: super-cute
Boo & Baa have little piggie counterparts now!

I have no idea why I love this team's work as I do. It's just silly and adorable and a little off.
Leo Landry
May 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Love Olof Landstrom's artwork as always!
Kori
Jun 20, 2017
Leah Behr
Feb 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Barbro Enskog was born in Bromma, Stockholm. She graduated from art school in 1958 and has been writing books for publication since 1965. Her style has exerted a major influence on Swedish children's literature. Located between realism and surrealism, her works are humorous and imaginative, and her books for children treat important issues to be taken seriously and treated for children.
Early in
More about Barbro Lindgren...

Benny (3 books)