Start by marking “How to Fall in Love” as Want to Read:
How to Fall in Love

How to Fall in Love

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  19,851 ratings  ·  2,028 reviews
She has just two weeks. Two weeks to teach him how to fall in love – with his own life.

Adam Basil and Christine Rose are thrown together late one night, when Christine is crossing the Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin. Adam is there, poised, threatening to jump. Adam is desperate – but Christine makes a crazy deal with him. His 35th birthday is looming and she bets him she can sh
Published October 24th 2013 by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about How to Fall in Love, please sign up.
Dessiré Figueroa At the book says that Adam was trying to think about something special of his dad, something to honour his memory and he remembered when he was talkin…moreAt the book says that Adam was trying to think about something special of his dad, something to honour his memory and he remembered when he was talking to his dad at the hospital, the las tame they see each other, and Dick said to him "I don't like that bitch" (Christine).(less)

·  19,851 ratings  ·  2,028 reviews

Start your review of How to Fall in Love
Toni
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to get in a better mood
Shelves: read-in-2015
“You were my wonderfully bespoke original guide to happiness.”

The thing about chick lit is that it's simple. It has cliches, it's highly predictable, but it doesn't make you want to gag. You enjoy it. You expect it. You want it. It can deal with serious topics but not be about them. It doesn't romanticize them.

One of the things this Cecelia Ahern's novel deals with is suicide. Our main character Christine Rossi has witnessed a man kill himself. She tried to help him, but just when she thoug
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
How To Fall in Love Review on K-Books

"While you were trying to make Maria fall in love with me, and make me fall in love with life, I fell in love with you."

I have been head over heels in love with Cecelia Ahern right from the moment I started reading her debut novel, PS I Love You, way back in 2007. Ever since then I have obsessed over all of her books and as soon as I heard of this one I was dying to get my hands on it. I pretty much screamed and jumped up and down for a good 10 minutes i
Sharon
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
How To Fall in Love is Cecelia's 10th book.

This story focuses on Christine Rose, who works in recruitment and has an obsession with self-help books. One night she witnesses a terrible incident with a terrible outcome, and it prompts her to make a life-changing decision. Just a few weeks later, she witnesses a similar terrible incident, but this time the outcome is different. She befriends Adam, a troubled man trying to win his ex-girlfriend back. Christine immediately takes it upon herself to "
Inge
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Cecelia Ahern is one of my favourite authors, and with good reason. She has a way with words. She has a way with taking difficult topics, in this case suicide, and turn it into a book that’s somehow light and makes you smile. There’s always a touch of magic around her stories, something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. And How to Fall in Love is no different.

Christine goes through life swearing by self-help books. How to Fire an Employee, How to Write A Self-Help Book, How to
Divan Schutte
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first go with a Cecilia Ahern novel and I feel like writing Cecilia a heart-felt letter of thanks for writing this book. I don't even know where to start except to say I hope to see this on the silver screen soon (I would also be happy to make suggestions on the casting :)) It needs to be a movie.
I had no problems with the book... Nicely paced and she never draws out a scene and make it longer than it needs to be. The characters are relatable and so easy to fall in love with.

I read s
Paul E. Morph
Right, first off, let me just say that I enjoyed this book quite a bit. Cecelia Ahern writes well and has created some engaging characters and interesting scenarios. I do, however, have a couple of criticisms... but I need to hide them due to spoilers:

(view spoiler)
Ririn Aziz
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
About a month back, I told a dear friend that the new Cecelia Ahern's book is out and it was called 'How To Fall In Love'. Well, he was amused by it. After reading the synopsis, he asked me,"Can you teach someone how to fall in love? And I'm sure the two main characters will fall in love with each other." Since I haven't read the book at the time, his guess is as good as mine.

So here goes.

How To Fall In Love is the story or rather the journey of two different people, Christine and Adam. Both hav
Mridu  aka Storypals
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

I was smiling throughout the book, you know just the kind of book Cecelia would write. Such diverse characters with real problems, problems you face in day to day life. I loved the issues raised in the book and how all of them were tackled.
Thank you for this book Cecelia.

Full review to come.
Lili  Marcus
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family, psychological
I've been reading Ahern's works since forever and I love her novels because they're all heartwarming and easy reads. This one isn't different from all her works. I enjoyed it as much as I did with the others.

The heroine, CHRISTINE is obviously has some issues. Her obsessions with Self-help books shows that she isn't happy or contented with her life. And more importantly she needs help. She is looking for something(not gonna tell you what). But when she accidentally witnessed a guy who committed
Penny McGill
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Almost forgot about this one. I've liked other books by Cecelia Ahern but this one didn't grab me at all. I found the whole idea behind the book to be too contrived (and this is not like me - I believe absolutely anything is possible in a novel) and as such I wasn't really swept away in the Romance of the story.

The main character and her love interest did not pull me in at all. On a few occasions I was frustrated by how she, Christine Rose, seemed to be too critical of her friends and not aware
KimberlyRose
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up

Speed through this one! Which isn't to say I skim read; rather, I absorbed and reread and squished scenes to my chest in fevered joy. A het romance I liked! Rejoice, me! No Pepto to reduce Nicholas Sparks Vomits required. Sorry, Nick, it's not you: most every mainstream romance makes me grab the pink.

First, let me say, my complaints are three, but only one of them took a half star off: the dreaded narrative technique of *gasp* summary *gasp* for a significant sex scene (a single pa
Dana Cristiana
This is one of my favourite books read in 2018. On third place, to be more precise.

Christine Rose is a gorgeous and unique character. The story starts in a very intelligent way and captures your interest. You won't realize when all the time runs away and all the chapters will flow in front of your eyes!

There are some characters that are a little quite flat, but even so, you love them (or love to hate them). I really liked the plot. The story starts with Christine meeting a man, Simon, who wants
Carolina
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
“You were my wonderfully bespoke original guide to happiness.”

This was the first book I read by Cecelia Ahern, but it will certainly not be the last. I've recently wacthed the movie "Love, Rosie" (based on a novel by the same author) so when I saw this book on my local bookstore (which has a super small section of english books) I was rather curious and decided to pick it up.

I adoreeed everything about "How to fall in love". This book was witty, funny, romantinc but at the same time delt with s
Michelle
A touching, romantic, tender story. It was realistic in some ways and also involves an unfortunately common and sensitive topic.

Typically but wonderfully, heartwarmingly chick-lit, with a great structure of plot and subplots, along with some very thought-provoking words and events, this book was a highly enjoyable, captivating, and lovable read for me. Officially added to my favourites!
Dominique
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-reader, 2016, fiction
Not completely my kind of book. The first 200 pages I read a bit reluctantly, it wasn't the sweet romantic story that I was expecting. In fact, for me this was a good old lesson don't judge a book by its cover (the cover I find really stunning). But the last fifty pages I did enjoy, so I wouldn't call it a waste of time.
Albertina
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You were my wonderfully bespoke original guide to happiness."

This book was everything to me.
It has been such a long time since I read a book that made me so, so happy.
So exuberant and joyful and I LOVED these character.
In them I saw scattered pieces of me, and I couldn't help but laugh at them sometimes, those fits of giggles that won't end despite you trying. What I appreciated most was how real Christine and Adam felt. I could've found them on the Ha'Penny bridge in Dublin - I'm sure of it
Melissa
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

There should be a book called: "How to write a decent review about a book you loved, but can't seem to find the right words for."

As you can see, there are quite a lot of good moments and quotes in this book.
The blurb of this book got me totally curious. I loved the main character, Christine, and Adam straight from the beginning. They are both a bit broken and that was what I liked a lot. The book is about a period of tw
Jules
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. A touching tale covering life, death and love. Despite the heavy subject of suicide, this felt like a feel good story, with lovable characters that had me both laughing and crying. I can't wait to read more by Cecelia. I've read a couple of others, with Where Rainbows End being one of my all time favourite books.
Wanderlust_Wanz
Uniquely written and very interesting premise!
Ramla Zareen Ahmad
3.5 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!
Katie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
I seriously need an Adam for life.
Stephanie Forster
How to Fall in Love is a book that, thankfully, has a really exciting blurb on the cover. I openly admit that having read one of Ahern's other books (The Gift) I wasn't overly eager to pick up more of her books, but thanks to the description of this one, I overcame my apprehensiveness and I could not be happier that I did!

I am immediately sold to any book which features characters that are emotionally or mentally troubled, so what could be more appealing than this one? Christine, our protagonis
Elvina Zafril
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
Anything can happen just in two weeks. I laughed and cried at the same time when I read this book. This book was amazing. I loved the storyline and the way it was delivered. Thank you for such beautiful story.

It started with Christine who wants to help people from suicide. She tried to save someone but she failed. She was haunted by that event. Until one day he met a guy who was standing on top of the bridge at the Ha'Penny bridge and she wanted to save him. That's when she met Adam.

Christine an
Lucyt2008
Dec 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How to fall in love, well as if the title didn't give this book away..
I read it, I enjoyed it(ish) maybe only because I like reading Cecelia aherns books in general, there were some funnys which made me laugh out loud and the seriousness gave me good for thought, however I can't help but feel a little let down, I don't feel as though I have finished the book and it feels left open for a part 2!
I have questions like
Did Amelia find her mom, what happened with Christine and Barry did they sort the
Sali Sabrawi
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Cecelia can do much better..
Zoey River
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
My rating: 3.5 stars

There was absolutely nothing I did not like about this book.

It was such a thought-provoking, emotional, wonderful story of two people who meet in the most of unexpected ways and somehow... unintentionally, fall in love.

But this story is so much *more* than just falling in love. It deals with so many subjects and feelings and sadness and hope.
It's a wonderful story about what it means to be alive.
About how, even in our darkest of moments, even when we can't see it for ours
S
1 star

Unpopular opinion: DNF because there're so many things thatong with this book. Most of those many things, as I came to the realization, seemed to be related to the being of our heroine, Christine Rose.

Christine is possibly one of the worst characters I've ever encountered in a very long time. Where do I begin? First, she's incredibly selfish. Hers was the worst kind of selfishness because she didn't even seem to acknowledge it. She married her husband and found him boring, so she filed f
Natalie
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is one of three Cecelia Ahern books I've read, and I'd say it's my favourite one yet. It was an inspiring story about living your life, falling in love and doing what makes you happy. We follow our protagonist Christine, who attempts to save a man who tries to jump off the Ha'Penny Bridge but fails. It happens again on the same bridge a while later and she gives him a
Bookread2day
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Christine reads a lot of self-help books this how she managed to talk Adam out of jumping of from the Ha'Penny Bridge. Adam is taken away in one police car to have to be assessed by a psychologist. Christine is taken away by the police in another car so they can file a report. Adam is given Christine's telephone number.
When Adam telephones Christine they arrange to meet up back at the Ha'Penny Bridge. They both go for a walk and end up at The Gresham Hotel where Adam is staying. Christine follo
Chloe
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It took me a day to fall in love with Adam and Christine. I liked how Christine plays a major role in changing the lives of the people around her. She gives up her time to make someone's life different and worth living. Although the romance in the book was a teeny bit too little for me ( and I actually hoped for a longer and detailed epilogue ), I'm glad that it portrays life in a bigger aspect and the reason why we should live it to the best we can.

• Je reviens te chercher
  • The Flatshare
  • Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?
  • Million Love Songs
  • Dear Enemy (Daddy-Long-Legs, #2)
  • Sakız Sardunya
  • Blood Orange
  • Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • The Lie
  • Non dirmi che hai paura
  • Parce que je t'aime
  • الزعفرانة
  • حارس سطح العالم
  • Central Park
  • Half a World Away
  • A Million Dreams
  • One Perfect Summer (One Perfect #1)
  • القصر الأسود
Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.