Start by marking “The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1)” as Want to Read:
The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1)

The Prophecy

(The Fulfillment Series #1)

One often finds destiny on the road taken to avoid it.

Growing up on a small farm in the kingdom of Vanguard, seventeen-year-old Layla Givens lives a deceptively tranquil existence. But her carefully constructed life quickly falls apart when she’s abducted by a religious zealot who proclaims her The Fulfillment of an ancient peace prophecy and whisks her away to marry her
249 pages
Published November 2013 by MuseItUp Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecy

Start your review of The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1)
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Erin is a good friend on twitter, so I admit I was worried. I always worry about reading friends' books because you want to be honest, but let's face it, it always sucks reading a book you don't like that was written by a friend. Thank goodness, this wasn't an issue because The Prophecy ROCKS! :-)

The Prophecy by Erin Albert is the first book of a YA fantasy trilogy that whisks us away to the nations of the Vanguard and the Ethereals. Layla is our main protagonist, although the perspe
Heena Rathore P.
Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Blog Rating: 4.5/5

Plot/Story:
I absolutely loved the plot line of The Prophecy. It's entertaining as well as really emotionally involving. I really enjoyed the story and it pulled me into the world of Vanguards, Ethereal and Outlanders right from the very beginning.
The world-building is superb and the author has really done a commendable job in detailing. The book is written in multiple POVs and takes us through the/>
Deek Rhew
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I love getting lost in a story. I can happily let hours slip by as I experience the lives of new friends and foes in exotic, unfamiliar worlds. I journey with them, experiencing their struggles and their triumphs, as they progress on epic adventures. A great storyteller will seize and hold my attention, make me happy or sad, excited or angry, all with the press of a key on their laptop.

Erin Albert wields such super powers. From the first word in the first chapter, her book captured m
Mary Waibel
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Follow Layla as her world falls apart when she's proclaimed The Fulfilment. In love with one man, duty bound to another, or is she? Not all is as it seems and darker powers are at play in this epic fantasy.

I really enjoyed this debut novel from Erin Albert. She weaves a fantastic tale and leaves you on the edge of your seat for the next in the series.
Dawn
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-again
This book has to be on everyone's MUST READ list! Erin has woven a story that draws you in from page one. The characters have depth, and their relationships are complex. You will definitely be clamoring for Book 2 when finishing The Prophecy.
Crystal | decorating.reader
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!! THE PROPHECY'S RELEASE DAY IS HERE!!!!! I have been waiting to read this book since April and it did NOT disappoint. THE PROPHECY met every expectation I had and more. From the first sentence I was captivated and I devoured this book quickly. It is definitely a "one sitting read".

For ALL the love I have for this book this has got to be one of the hardest reviews that I have had to write. I have gone back and forth writing it for a week and nothing ever seems to be good enou
Danielle
The Prophecy is an amazing debut novel for Erin Albert. The author gives life to a world rich in tradition, with warring kingdoms, deeply hidden secrets and incredible loyalty and valor. The characters have such tremendous depth and strong male and female leads, making it difficult to select a favorite.
The story begins with Layla Givens and her brother Samson Mantar at the Day of Dawning Festival in town near her family's farm in Vanguard. The festival is the event of the year in which there ar
Jessica Calla
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know I'm late to the game reading The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1 by Erin Rhew), but with The Fulfillment (Book 3 of the series) on its way to release in a couple of weeks, I wanted to catch up!

I loved reading this book, imagining the world Ms. Rhew created, and falling in love with the characters. I thought I'd have a hard time keeping up, since fantasy isn't my usual genre, but I had no problem. Ms. Rhew does a great job of keeping the voice of each character separate and adding eno
Fionnuala (Book Blogger)
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
When this landed in my hands I was so excited that I read it in one sitting. I knew Erin before reading her book, through twitter, and this amazed me. As soon as I finished I fangirlishly tweeted her about Nash - he's mine, all mine. I MEAN IT, hands off. I've gone back and forth for ages trying to write this review, but nothing seemed to show how good this book actually was. From fangirlish rantings to high character analysis I was stuck. The truth is that for a debut novel this book is amazing ...more
Katie Carroll
Shelves: ya, fantasy
Erin Albert's The Prophecy is the first book in what promises to be an action-packed fantasy series. Layla Givens goes to great lengths to hide her purple eyes, a color that marks her as a one who may be The Fulfillment to a prophecy that will unite the Ethereals, Vanguards, and Outlanders. When she is discovered by the religious sect the Ecclesiastics, she is forced to go on a journey that will test her Vanguard strength, her beliefs, and her heart.

The Prophecy is a sweeping epic fantasy full
Johnathan Brock
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, First Ones! I had to pry myself away torturously each time I started reading! This fast paced, high fantasy story is sure to grab your attention from the first page! Honestly, I'm not a big fantasy fan, but Mrs. Albert proved otherwise! Well played, Erin, WELL PLAYED! The only downside is I have to wait TOO long until the next one is released!
Zen
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Prophecy was a GREAT book! Like about every book you have to read a couple pages to get into it, but once you get started you can't put it down! I fell in love with all the characters, I don't think I can choose a favorite character. I HIGHLY recommend this book!!!
Elena (Brown Eyed)
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing

THAT WAS AMAZING, I LOVED IT, GIVE ME THE SEQUEL NOW. WHERE WAS THIS BOOK? READ IT NOW.

I will admit, I got the push to read this book as a result of Crystal in Bookland's huge giveaway but it was already on my Nook beforehand. And I am so regretting not getting to it sooner!

I fell so in love with Layla's character! She is such a real character.

There was a moment where she was almost facing her own death however unlike the general routine of either cowering in fear or showcasing random amounts of bravery, Layla uses a di/>

There/>

I/>

I

Deek Rhew
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!

Erin Rhew wields such super powers. From the first word in the first chapter, her book captured my
Kristen Cansler
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-review, r2r
You know those books that completely pull you in? You start to lose track of time and realize that you've spent all day devouring a book? Yeah, that's The Prophecy. It was an enthralling and absolutely brilliant journey! I knew from the very first page that this would be a book that reminded me why I love fantasy so much, and Erin Albert didn't let me down! I'm still in awe that this is her debut. The Prophecy is so perfectly paced and written that I was blown away.

The world building that Eri
Emma Adams
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been excited to read this book ever since getting to know Erin on Twitter!

When Layla goes to the market with her friend Samson, the last thing she expects is to be kidnapped by the Ecclesiastics, who see her purple eyes as a sign that she may be able to fulfil their prophecy. Sent away to marry the son of an enemy to bring peace between the Vanguards and the Ethereals as her duty to the First Ones, she falls in love with her betrothed’s brother, Nash. Layla and her betrothed, Wilhelm, have
Meradeth Houston
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a really fun read with a great world, a strong heroine, yummy guys, and an edge-of-your-seat story? Then you're totally going to love THE PROPHESY. Plenty of intrigue keeps this fast-paced story moving, especially a crazy enemy with the power to influence the hearts and minds of the characters. I loved reading about the world Albert created, and especially how Layla is faced with impossible choices--and two distinctly amazing guys :) I'm definitely on team Wil! If you love high fanta ...more
Joy
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this story is awesome. It was great from the beginning when they were running up the hill to get cinnamon bread and it kept getting better and better. I really like all the characters. Layla, who is one of the main characters in strong and can actually fight and defend herself. I love both Nash and Wil, can't wait to learn more about them in book 2. Who is she going to pick?!?! I don't know if I would be able to choose, why not both? The ending was a bit of a shock for me and it left on a c ...more
Denise
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Prophecy. The characters drew me in right away- which is always a good sign. The story is interesting and kept me reading. The ending definitely left me wanting more and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Sharyl Saromines
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible story. I am very impressed. The storyline is overwhelmingly original. I appreciate the tone used during the adventure, the love triangle, the love for family, and the like. I have stumbled upon this novel after winning it via giveaway; indeed I was deeply entertained.
Johnathan Brock
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this title twice now, and I still love it! Normally, I'm not a fantasy fan, but Rhew totally pulled me into her world and then blew me away! I'll definitely be starting #2 shortly!
Traci Martin
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure in the first few chapters what I thought.... Then I was hooked!! Can't wait for book two!! When will it be out?
Lily C.
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT ENOUGH SAID GO READ IT
Nicole Hewitt
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

The Prophecy is an exciting new YA fantasy novel. It's a great hidden gem that I'm hoping lots of people will find - because it definitely deserves an audience!

Layla has lived her life hiding her eyes - purple eyes that mean she could be The Fulfillment, the girl who is prophesied to bring peace to the warring Ethereals and Vanguards. Between the Vanguards' incredible strength and the Ethereals' uncanny ability to co/>The
Allura  Teacups&Bookends Blog
I received this book for free from the author or publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review:

I love when I can completely immerse myself in a new world and with The Prophecy I did so effortlessly. I was so captivated by the adventures of Layla, Will, and Nash and their various friends and enemies that I read almost the entire book in one sitting! This is going to be a hard book to review without giving any/> ...more
Apryl
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prophecy is an engaging, enticing debut novel by Erin Rhew who gives life to a magical yet traditional world of fantasy. With it’s warring kingdoms, bound to fight until the Fulfilment is complete and it’s array of enigmatic beings, this is a novel that is hard to put down.

Layla Givens refuses to believe her odd appearance is anything but coincidence - she certainly has nothing to do with any ancient prophecy… Or so she argues. Her reluctance to meet and marry the Prince of Ethereal is matc
Danica Seavoy
This book had my mind going ALL OVER THE PLACE (in a good way). You know how some stories spend a good chunk of the beginning slowly breaking you into the book? Yeah, not here. It didn’t leave me wondering when the real plot was going to pop up because even in the first pages, action burst forth and I was HOOKED. There were some instances where I felt like the characters came to terms with some information too easily, that there wasn’t appropriate opposition. BUT this story-line and this world? ...more
Unorthodox Mama
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, THE PROPHECY, where do I even begin?
I am going to try to write this with out lots of !!! and with out spoilers.
But first..

!!!!!

This is one of those books, that made me unable to follow the rules I set for myself when reading. ;)
Only reading until my usual bed time, is my rule, or I am totally dragging the next day, and when you have a preschooler that really, is not a happy place as a parent. Lol

But THE PROPHECY, sucked me in so bad I cou
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psychocat Reads Review of THE PROPHECY by Ein Rhew

(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.)

Just like many other books, THE PROPHECY had been hanging around my TBR list for quite a while. And just like the others it was rescued from its indefinite stint in book purgatory by the upcoming release of its sequel. Ate all, it's hard to review a sequel if you haven't read the first book.

The Characters: Although the book contains multiple
M
*Received from the Author & Publisher in exchange for an honest review*
description

An addictive and dangerous novel, The Prophecy is an amazing debut by Erin Rhew. The covers of this series are beautiful, the colours are truly wonderful drawing you straight in.

When Layla is captured and brought before the Prince of the Ethereals to be his wife, Layla is not willing to comply. As a Vanguard they are sworn enemies, but as the days go on with tens
« previous 1 3 next »
Wil or Nash? 11 17 Jan 01, 2014 06:59PM

• Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
Erin Rhew is an author and fitness trainer. Since she picked up Morris the Moose Goes to School at age four, she has been infatuated with the written word. She went on to work as a grammar and writing tutor in college and is still teased by her family and friends for being a member of the "Grammar Police." In her free time, Erin enjoys acting, running, kickboxing, and, of course, reading and wri ...more

The Fulfillment Series (3 books)
  • The Outlanders (The Fulfillment Series #2)
  • The Fulfillment (The Fulfillment Series #3)