Start by marking “The mosquito and the teapot” as Want to Read:

Seven charming tales of friendship for 4-6 year olds

Author, Aamani Gurajada, 6 years
Illustrator, Sunaad Gurajada, 11 years
Published June 29th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The mosquito and the teapot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The mosquito and the teapot

Rasana Atreya
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a biased rating because the author (6 years) and illustrator (11 years) are my children!
Christoph Fischer
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"The Mosquito and the Teapot" by Aamani Gurajada is an astonishing short book written and illustrated by two very young and very talented artists.
The stories are short pieces in which usually two or three people, animals or things meet and resolve the conflicts between them.
The simplicity of their form is disarming and there is a potentially very wise head behind the writing. The author seems to long for peace and resolve, which makes this a positive, upbeat and happy read. Like the lion and the
Farah Ghuznavi
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This delightful collection is the outcome of a creative collaboration between a talented and incredibly young pair of siblings aged six and eleven. It is memorable for its quirky stories, as well as its surprisingly distinctive illustrations. My favourite drawing was probably the one that accompanied the story of the lion cub and the tiger cub, and my favourite story was definitely the one about the frog and the scissors. The story about the car that had a talking engine was perhaps the quirkies ...more
Reet Singh
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you want a moment of happiness - want desperately to believe that all will be right in the end, however bad the world is now; if you want reason to hope that everyone will find a way to live happily ever after, please buy this book!

The author, Aamani, gives you hope - her optimistic little stories all start off with trouble and end happily. She, and the fabulous artist, Sunaad, will make you smile, and think, and smile some more, because you know what's coming next - world peace! Really - Aam
Victoria Wall
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Got a copy of this book to review, well my two young daughters did actually..they loved the simple stories, worded for a child from a child..my 7 yr old daughter lily has a form of autism and she adored the pictures and laughed a lot as her 4 yr old sister read them to her along with me..all in all we loved the book thank you!!!!
J.T. Sather
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This young author has a wonderful way of making her point. Each short story beats the crap out of Aesop's. It's clear that she has a deep sense of right and wrong, and easily conveys that to the reader. The illustrator depicts the emotion in each scene perfectly, making it a fun read. There is much to learn from this youth.
Jodi Brooks
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is amazing and very colorful and the children that wrote it and did the drawings...WOW.....this is a great book for a child and my oldest granddaughter could read it with no problem to her sister.

This is a must have for kids.

Great Art.Very Colorful,Easy to read and understand.
S.j.
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was so cute. It made me smile and remember when my kids would spin tales likes the ones in the book, and sometimes they still do. The illustrations were perfect. Great job to the young author and illustrator. My favorite story was the first one, The Lion cub and the Tiger cub.
Sarita Rajiv
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is pure innocence and evokes the same emotion in you irrespective of your age. Aamani shows how easily one can retain friendships! The illustrations do justice to the text. I am looking forward to reading more books from this talented team.
Denise Tarasuk
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
What a delight! The front cover says it all...A cast of colorful, animated characters. Dashing stories with sweet lessons to be learned. Stunning art work and vibrant colors. This little gem will keep any child, or adult reading The Mosquito and the Teapot over and over again. It did me!
Mollydee
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children
I won this e-book on booklikes.com in a giveaway.

The author is 6 years old and the illustrator is 11 years old. Amazing.

This is a children's book. The book has 7 short stories.

The most interesting thing is this young author understands a lot about the dynamics of friendship. Her short stories reflect one object in some cases or an animal in other cases needing a counterpart to make sense of things. Each story was a little surprise and I loved it.

I hope Aamani continues to write because if she
Sarah Mazor
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Author, Aamani Gurajada, who is but 6 years old, compiles an adorable collection of stories that deal with friendships and what it takes to maintain them. The stories are all cute though my favorite is the one that relates the tale of a friendship between a lion cub and tiger cub that is threatened when each of the cubs insists on being right in an argument. I would recommend the purchase of the book for its content as it is an enjoyable read with a message. I would urge you even more to acquire ...more
Saurabh