Start by marking “Darkest Legacy” as Want to Read:
Darkest Legacy

Darkest Legacy

Everyone has secrets they'd prefer stayed buried. But information wants to be free... and so does Tamara Kingsley's ex-lover, incarcerated on the maximum-security prison planet, Alpha.

Tamara has done things she's not proud of, but that was years ago. Now the headmistress of the Silvermist School of Magic for Girls, she has an honest life, one that makes her happy. For the
Published July 11th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Legacy

Dale Ibitz
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This is really 3.5 stars. Okay, so this is short. I usually don't read short stories or novellas because, to me, I don't have enough time to invest myself in the characters or the story. I usually come away feeling a little unsatisfied...like I left the table before desert. :) I wasn't aware when I picked up this book that it was a novella. Oops. Oh well. I've read it, so therefore I shall review it!

Despite the shortness of the story, the characters were pretty well-developed. I liked Tamara, an
Osaama Shehzad
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was an arresting read. Although, I read it almost a year ago, the magic of this book has still its influence on me. I am not usually a fan of magic fantasy novels (except Harry Potter) but Darkest Legacy made me reconsider my favorites.

I was particularly impressed by the the influence of Tamara's love over Valentine. Valentine seemed like a man who was adamant enough to cross any borders to pursue his evil goals, but the love of Tamara held him off for a year. No doubt that he did continue "
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Before you continue reading, read my review of book 1, to know what’s going on --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Darkest Shadow tells the story of a Tamara Kingsley, who sent her ex-lover, Valentine, off to Alpha; a prison where no one ever escaped from. As well tell the tale of Valentine who never loses sight of escaping his fate. The novella captures both their feeling and confusion of what happened.

But not Tamara betrayed him; moreover, he betrayed her and her love to him.

“She
Kassandra Kush
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to have a hand in the process of this book going to print (or screen, shall we say) and I am so honored I got that chance. This book is a novella so it is already a quick read, but every single chapter ends with you furiously waiting to turn the page so you can find out what happens next. You are guaranteed to read this book in one sitting and will be eagerly awaiting another installment.

Tamara has been haunted by her past for 20 years and at the beginning of this book, it co
Sara Nelson
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that I got to read and review this book!! I had no idea what this book would be like, BUT am very pleased that I took the chance and read it... I read a lot of books and I can tell you that this story is very different from your normal paranormal read! This is a Novella so it's pretty short but has a ton of things going on to make up for it :) I have nothing against novella's or any short reads so don't take my last statement the wrong way! I love the plot and the characters. You c ...more
Lisah
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
This novella is a quick read and not just because it's only 51 pages. The story draws you in and before you know it, you're right there in Tamara's world. The story begins with Tamara, the protagonist, as the headmistress of the Silvermist School of Magic for Girls. She soon learns some very disturbing news that sends us into a flashback of her as a young girl at Ravenwood Academy for Dark Magic. The book goes between the present and the past as we find out about her relationship with Valentine, ...more
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Where would society be if no one had ever fought back against unjust rule? Someone had to say 'Enough' and do something about it. And they were called heroes, because history is written by the victors."

Tamara Kingsley has spent the last twenty years trying to make up for what she perceives as bad choices she made when she was much younger and in love with her boyfriend Valentine. Valentine has spent all that time locked away on the prison planet Alpha. Now the headmistress of a magic school
Jo Michaels
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a quick, fun, well written read.
I did an interview with the author, Allyson Gottlieb, on my blog and was so intrigued, I picked up a copy of her book on Amazon. I'm astounded at the level of writing found in Darkest Legacy and I'm looking forward to the sequel; which she assures me is in the works. Now, for my review.

From a reader's perspective:
I could identify with Tamara Kingsley. She came across as a confused young lady and a strong woman. I love tales with strong female leads and this one didn't disappoint. Just when you t
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Copy given by author in exchange for honest review

This novella was good... no seriously, it was better than expected and I wished it was a bit longer. Fifty pages wasn't long enough; especially at the end it needs some page-fillers because it felt too rushed.

But the flow of the story was great. The story/idea was great - like I said,I could have read 50more pages, because I EFFING LOVE PARANORMAL and Allyson had a great idea for her book. The throwbacks how Tamara and Valentine met, how there fr
Satarupa
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would love to thank Allyson Gottlieb, author of Darkest Legacy, for giving me this wonderful opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous novella.

I loved the story and it really touched my heart. It is a novella so I finished it in one go but had it been a novel, I would have done the same because this story sucked me in from the very first and I lost the track of time totally while I ente
Kassandra Kush
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have any unanswered questions from Darkest Legacy then you have to snatch this book up. It tells us about the missing years and exactly how Valentine handled being in prison in Alpha and how his hate and love for Tamara warred with each other and which one came out on top. We also see Tamara grow from the timid schoolgirl who followed Valentine around into the school headmistress that she is in the beginning of DL.

I honestly wish I could tell you which character I enjoyed reading but I ca
Jennifer Treviño
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An adventure through the dimensions full of detail, suspense, & magical goodness! August 1, 2013
By Albinomex
Format:Kindle Edition
An adventure through the dimensions full of detail, suspense, & magical goodness! A great quick read I thoroughly enjoyed! The characters seemed genuine, & the storyline unique. Unlike any books I've read lately.
When forced to choose a side which path would you travel? Easy choice? Not when your whole world gets turned upside down. What you want to believe
Beth
Oct 31, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Bec Booton (Bec's Books)
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this novella and I thought it was pretty good. This is not a romance novella, it's more of a thriller style short story. The ending is one that I was not expecting at all which and it took me by surprise. I would recommend this novella if you are looking for something short but not sweet!

You can see my book blog entry at: Bec's Book Blog.
Sara Nelson
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I got to read/review this amazing story!! Is it crazy that I loved Valentine? I don't know what it is about this bad boy, but he sure did stir up some things in me. I loved that we got to see more of Valentine's story in Alpha and how he escaped. And how Tamara struggled with herself after she turned him in to the council. The author has come a long way since her first, Darkest Legacy! I can't wait to see more from her.
Bonny Bon Bon
Oct 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was horrible, if I could I would give it 0 stars that is how much I HATED it. Do not bother reading it, you will waste precious moments of you life where you could have read something amazing
Allyson Gottlieb
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Darkest Legacy has a book trailer! Check it out below :)

Maryalice
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
An action filled quick read that will hold your interest. Good beats bad even when bad looks like it is winning. It is dangerous to underestimate good.
Ella Anders
Jul 03, 2013
Vivek
Oct 15, 2013
Allyson Gottlieb
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Chantal
Caro
Jul 29, 2013
Evey
Jul 29, 2013
Growing up, Allyson was always the girl with a big imagination and even bigger dreams. A California girl by birth, she currently lives in Boston while attending Emerson College. She has a slight addiction to Starbucks, eyeliner, and chocolate—and, of course, books.

Visit her at www.allysongottlieb.com for the latest book news and fun extras.