Start by marking “Pros and Cons (O'Hare and Fox, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Pros and Cons (O'Hare and Fox, #0.5)

Pros and Cons

(Fox and O'Hare #0.5)

Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg have teamed up for a dynamic new series featuring an FBI agent who’s on the hunt—and a master con artist who’s enjoying the chase. The con is on in this eBook original short story that’s a triumphant prequel to The Heist.

FBI special agent Kate O’Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas Fox. When she discovers
Published May 21st 2013 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Pros and Cons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pros and Cons

Start your review of Pros and Cons (O'Hare and Fox, #0.5)
Donna
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is a little prequel/novella to the first book in this series. I don't usually like these because they always seem so short, when I feel I want more. I didn't have that problem with this one. This one felt a little pubescent, which would be fine if they were in their youth, but they are grown adults well into their careers. I read this author for fluff, but sometimes I feel like a little substance would not be out of order.
Dagny
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evanovich-janet
Totally implausible, but what fun! I agree with the character Kate when she thinks: "You had to admire the man's style."
Yvonne
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been a big Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series fan for years. So, when I saw she was writing other series, I wanted to try them but haven’t had time. Then, I noticed this prequel to the “O’Hare and Fox” series she writes with Lee Goldberg and I figured it was the perfect intro for me to learn about this series. I was right. I loved it.

Although this is a short story and fast read, it gave me a good feel for this series. I immediately liked the cat and mouse game between Kate and Ni
Marianne
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros and Cons is a prequel to the first book in the O’Hare and Fox series by popular American author, Janet Evanovich in collaboration with Lee Goldberg. Kate O’Hare is an FBI agent who is on the trail of Nicolas Fox. Fox is an audacious con merchant, criminally brilliant, and O’Hare is as determined to bring him to justice as Fox is to evade it. Just to complicate matters, there is a bit of attraction between them. Fox, under the guise of a wedding planner, is busy fleecing a rich Milton Royce ...more
Connie N.
#0.5 in the Fox and O'Hare series

What a fun look at the very beginning of the Fox and O'Hare saga, when Kate is just starting to figure out Nick's method and is becoming obsessed with tracking him down. Even then she realizes that she's attracted to him at the same time that she gets annoyed by him because of his ingenuity and cleverness in avoiding capture. This time Nick is posing as a wedding planner in Chicago, arranging a high-end wedding as the cover for a heist of the groom's expensive co
Vivienne
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I accessed this short prequel to this new series by Evanovich and Goldberg on my Kindle this morning and was immediatly hooked, which I guess why this kind of taster works well to launch a new series.

There is a touch of 'White Collar' in the cat & mouse (or should that be 'hare & fox') relationship between FBI agent Kate O'Hare and con man Nicholas Fox but as I adore that show that's all to the good.

I plan to get 'The Heist' probably on audio when published next month as it seems perfect as an
Anna's Herding Cats
Bwahaha oh he is a cheeky little shit. Another fun short story as Special Agent Kate continues her hunt for con-artist Nick. Lord love him but he's a brilliant handful of bad boy. I love how he teases Kate and how riled and determined to arrest him she is. It's a fun duo and near catch.

I do think these are probably better after having already gotten to know them in the full length books vs meeting them pre-full lengths with these short stories.
Pam Tickner
A very short story - 1 hour audio book - good fun to listen to while I painted. The on going battle between FBI agent O'Hare and the wickedly good looking thief Fox. Very light weight but a bit of fun.
John
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little short story

Cute little short story for this series. Could have been better, but was exciting enough to enjoy. Not sure if I am in favor of continuing this series or not.
Debra Belmudes
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short 1-hr. prequel to Janet Evanovich's Fox & O'Hare series. Think Stephanie Plum, but competent FBI agent instead of a mediocre bond enforcement agent.

The books are read by Scott Brick who has the most wonderful voice!
Shavonna Futrell
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These short stories are really leading up to what I hope will be a great cat and mouse series. This sounds just like Tom and Jerry, every time Tom is close Jerry slips away. I am looking forward to the heist.
Chan
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and cute.
Ruth
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short story that is a prequel to "The Heist" which I read a while ago. In this story, we find Kate O'Hare on her relentless quest to capture Nick Fox. We find her combing the newspapers looking for scams that have been perpetrated by someone who is sporting the name of a character from an old TV show. She reads about Merrill Stubing, who is a wedding planner helping to co-ordinate the wedding of a wealthy man in Chicago and his wife to be. She is pretty certain that Merrill Stubing/ AK ...more
Diane Krause
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a long-time fan of Janet Evanovich, and was thrilled when I learned she was launching a new series, co-written with Lee Goldberg. I won't get The Heist until it's released June 18, but I was happy to know this teaser, Pros & Cons, was available right away.

I was not disappointed. It's clear these new characters will be a lot of fun, and the stories packed with Janet's classic spunk, wit, and fast-paced action.
Dad
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short prequel to the series of books that I am finding I thoroughly enjoy. While they will never be confused for great literature of the 21st century, they are ideal enjoyable diversions from the tribulations of work and make perfect reads for the daily bus commute. Here we have a budding FBI agent who is trying to make her way in the rather exclusive male club and finding herself relegated to minor tasks because she hasn’t proven herself. Now up against a talented thief who takes eve ...more
Connor
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have decided that Heist stories are great as short stories, but this makes me really just.... miss... Leverage.... a lot...

GONE TOO SOON. Still, this was an enjoyable snapshot of this duo pre-first-novel.
Brenda
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fox and O'Hare novels should be read in order or it will seem like it is backtracking on the story. Pros and Cons is first. I read Heist first then P&C and realized my mistake. Either way, it is a great story! Enjoy that it is more serious than Janet's Stephanie Plum series (Also love) without being too dramatic. Lots of flirting between the two main characters. Still playing catch up to the series but I'm three stories into it and will continue to read. Janet's writing style is all over thi ...more
Randy Tramp
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fox plans to plunder during a wedding. FBI special agent Kate O'Hare plans to stop him.

I'm loving this series. Kate is my type of character. Faults and insecurities but with a dangerous determination.

Then there's Fox. His name suits him very well.

The game is on and both will be in full playing mode.
Margo Kelly
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED it.
David Highton
A prequel short story about FBI agent O’Hare and master criminal Fox.
Carolyn
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evanovich-janet
Ah, this is the real set-up to the series.
Erika Hayes
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice set up great short read in less than a day but when I started the heist it was nice to have the previous knowledge of the relationship.
Renee M
Just what I needed today. A little touch of Nick Fox. This series is fun!
Linda
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge, e-books
Classic Fox and O'Hare and makes me want to read a full length adventure.
Col
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: g, e, 2014
Synopsis/blurb…..

A short story introducing FBI special agent Kate O'Hare and international con artist Nicolas Fox: soon to appear again in THE CHASE.

Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg have teamed up for a dynamic new series featuring an FBI agent who's on the hunt - and a master con artist who's enjoying the chase. The con is on in this eBook original short story that's a triumphant prequel to The Heist.

FBI special agent Kate O'Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas
Urs
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been interested in the Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg collaborations since The Heist was released. I have never read a Janet Evanovich book, nor have I read a Lee Goldberg book, despite having downloaded the Jury Series when it was free on the Kindle bookstore.

This short read is a prequel to The Heist. I decided to read this to see if it was interesting enough to continue with the series. In this story, readers are introduced to Kate O’Hare, an FBI agent who has been tracking con artis
Hobart
May 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I've been eagerly awaiting The Heist since it was first announced -- I'm a big fan of both Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, so when this short story prequel was released I couldn't resist.

I probably should have found the will power. This, at best, was not bad. Amusing at times, but most of the humor felt forced. Even then, the humor was overly broad most of the time. Worse than that, the story was chock-full of exposition dumps that are almost worthy of Dan Brown.

That said, I've read almost 30
Ruth
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros and Cons is the second e-book novella to introduce the unlikely crime-fighting duo of Special Agent Kate O'Hare and Nick Fox, incorrigible con man. Set three years after The Shell Game, where Kate first encountered Nick, both the biggest break of her career and her biggest obsession, this short story gives a bit more insight into Kate's character. Sure, she's something of a walking chick lit cliche, from her junk food habit to her complete lack of personal style, but she's dedicated to her ...more
Vicki
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humorous
This prequel to The Heist had me busting up. I love the con artist that Nicolas is and how he is able to taunt Agent Kate O'Hare. Man, he is one heck of a con artist!

She sees a wedding planner named Merrill Stubing but swears it is Nicolas Fox, the con artist. Problem is she's only 85% sure...oh wait, she gives it a second thought/look and becomes 92% sure.

Recommendation: I thought it was hilarious and a good prequel! It's one of Evanovich's books that made me laugh aloud.
Claudia
Introduces us to Kate and Nick...an FBI agent and a slick con man. They love to hate each other and outsmart each other. They are meant for each other.

FUnny, fast...Nick's disguised as a wedding planner to get close enough to a treasure he intends to swipe during the ceremony. The bride groom deserve each other, and truly deserve to be robbed. Nick does his best.

Kate is so focused on stopping him she travels to Chicago and is ready to blow up the wedding...we'll see.

Clever opening to this new se
This is a long-term needs 1 2 May 18, 2017 04:11AM
http://www.potentmuscles.com/testomenix 1 1 May 11, 2017 12:02AM
http://maxhealthtips.com/proshred-elite/ 1 1 Feb 22, 2017 07:59AM
Guilty hookah mean actually guilty 1 4 Sep 02, 2015 04:47AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Pros & Cons by Evanovich/Goldberg 1 11 Jul 06, 2015 08:32AM
Errors 1 13 Aug 28, 2014 07:27PM
unattainable 4 34 Feb 11, 2014 01:33AM

• Full House (Full #1)
  • Foul Play
  • Hero at Large
  • A New Attitude
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Miss Me When I'm Gone
  • Killer Thriller (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #2)
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • The Sweet Spot
  • The Big Book of Cupcakes
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Dead to Rights (Joanna Brady, #4)
  • The Total Package
  • Don't Think Twice: Adventure and Healing at 100 Miles Per Hour
  • House of Earth and Blood - EXCERPT
  • Samurai 8 - La légende de Hachimaru - Chapitre 1
  • McKinley Mysteries Box Set (McKinley Mysteries, #4-6)
  • Wuthering Heights: A BabyLit  Weather Primer

Fox and O'Hare (7 books)
  • The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1)
  • The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2)
  • The Job (Fox and O'Hare, #3)
  • The Scam (Fox and O'Hare, #4)
  • The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • The Bounty (Fox and O'Hare Book 7)