Start by marking “My Name Is Nancy........The Journals of Nancy Hanks Lincoln” as Want to Read:
My Name Is Nancy........The Journals of Nancy Hanks Lincoln

My Name Is Nancy........The Journals of Nancy Hanks Lincoln

“He was not a child conceived in sin but by Fate” she said. Nancy Hanks Lincoln’s strength and commitment to this child would rival no other. Love, loss, passion, magic and mysticism, the decisions that shaped her life and the life of her son changed a nation forever. A blend of Indian lore and traditional religion, love and betrayal, passion and abuse, ultimately leading ...more
Published June 25th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 16th 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about My Name Is Nancy........The Journals of Nancy Hanks Lincoln

Start your review of My Name Is Nancy........The Journals of Nancy Hanks Lincoln
Kim
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is nothing like I expected! I was thinking history but it seemed to be more of a romance type. The cover does say "mature content" but I was still a little surprised by the sexual content as well as the violence. A well-written book that makes you wonder how close this was to the truth. I did enjoy this book. ...more
Arlys Veen
Aug 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wish this book had been more emphatic that it was purely made up and completely fiction! I just saw a documentary on the genealogy of Abe Lincoln and nothing is true. Where is Abe Lincoln’s older sister, Sarah? She is not mentioned at all.
Sally
Nov 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated
As a stand-alone story it might have OK, not my kind, but acceptable. But to surround real people with this TRASH is inexcusable. Too many real people are besmirched in this book. I do not consider it to be an historical novel, as the author claims. It is complete fiction using historical figures as the centerpiece. Why?
Susan
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this may have been one of the best books I ever read. However I feel like it was 90% fiction and 10% actual facts. If you want to read a really good story, read this book. But if you are looking for a non-fiction account of Nancy Hanks, look for another book.
Donna
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read - historical fiction - plenty of surprise circumstances (you just don't see it coming)... a Love Story of a mother for her son ...more
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story about a lady I knew nothing about. Enjoyed it!
Kim
Josefina
Jul 23, 2020
Ellyn Honey
Jul 24, 2021

• The Beautiful Snow: The Ingalls Family, the Railroads, and the Hard Winter of 1880-81
  • Away in Montana (Paradise Valley Ranch Book 1)
  • Noble Intentions (Jack Noble #4)
  • Curcumin: The 21st Century Cure
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Days of Sunshine Days of Shadow
  • Never Go Home (Jack Noble #8)
  • A Deadly Distance (Jack Noble #2)
  • Doc, I Needed You Last Night: The Country Vet
  • White Orchids (Wainwright Duology, #1)
  • Daphne Deane
  • Happiness Hill
  • The Wedding Dress
  • Without Her Consent
  • Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies
  • Out-Sniffed (Doodlebugged Mysteries, #2)
  • The Last of the Moon Girls
  • Coming Through the Rye

News & Interviews

While all Goodreads members love books (or so we assume, otherwise this would be a weird way to spend your time!), there's a dedicated subset...