Start by marking “A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Distraction (Hard Feelings, #3)

A Beautiful Distraction

(Hard Feelings #3)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  518 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
A brand new novel in the New York Times bestselling Hard Feelings series—where nothing’s more dangerous than a bad boy with a broken heart…

First Sergeant Rafe Murano did everything to the extreme. He trained harder, he fought harder, and, unfortunately, he loved harder. And falling for the wrong woman nearly destroyed him.

Home from a deployment, and without his missions to
Published May 6th 2014 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Distraction

♥Rachel♥
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
4.5 Stars

I loved Feel the Rush so I was excited to pick up A Beautiful Distraction and it did not disappoint. Smoking hot, tender and addictive!

Rafe Murano is back home from deployment and without a mission to distract him he’s drowning his heartache in alcohol and women. I met Rafe in the last book, and knew his heart was in a twist over a married woman. I wasn’t happy about that situation, but no one is perfect, and Rafe started up with Bridgette (the married woman) before he knew she was atta
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

DNF at page 136/360, therefore, no rating.

This book started out so strong that I was sure I was going to love it, but when it comes out that Rafe, (view spoiler) I got mad. Then when I learned that he (view spoiler) I stopped being angry at him. In fact, I felt sorry for him and was thrilled when he (view spoiler)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

He was a confusing, compelling contradiction. He absorbed her hidden emotions yet at the same time made her feel. He was dangerous, yet his nearness alone gave her a sense of security she'd never experienced. He was a stranger.
A beautiful distraction.

When First Sergeant Rafe Murano does anything, he does it to the extreme...especially when it comes to feeling. He comes from a long line of men who fall and fall hard.

But Rafe fell for the wrong woman and had his heart shattered. Now h
Kelsie Leverich
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
 photo SHATTERED_zpsa109bb55.jpg

photo ABDtie_zps71eafcce.jpg

photo existencegraphicedited_zpsb5fa8bde.jpg

photo HAVEN1_zps305b05e1.jpg

photo sky16_zpsb8b291dc.jpg

Hi, I'm the Author of the Hard Feelings series. In this story we are introduced to Fallon, a fiercely independent women who is keen on keeping everyone in her life at arms length, even those she truly cares about.

We met Rafe Murano in Feel the Rush. He is a sexy tattooed soldier who has had his heart broken in the past and the pain and anger it caused still lingers around him.

It's a sexy, emotional story about two people ashamed of the past that haunts them who find a distraction in each
Tricia  Santos
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
ENTER TO WIN SIGNED COPIES HERE http://www.romanceaddictbookblog.com/...

**ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review**

What can I say? This book wasn’t like anything I thought it would be. I haven’t read any other books by this author, and after reading A Beautiful Distraction I am sitting here wondering why the hell I haven’t. This is a well-written story of love when you least expect it. It’s how opposites attract, it’s how a woman finally lets love in, and it’s how a man finds out wh
Jacqueline's Reads
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3-3.5 Fallon and Rafe Stars

Fallon is a tough cookie. She’s a stripper and she owns the club she strips at. She’s had a hard past and she doesn’t let anyone get to her. She has her rules and she doesn’t do relationships.

Rafe is a First Sergeant and is back from deployment. He’s hurt because of his ex and he doesn’t trust women easily. When Fallon and Rafe meet, their chemistry is undeniable. Rafe is okay with Fallon’s rules and is willing be at arm’s length… until he starts to have serious feelin
Raj
May 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
1 star - DNF

I like the plot, so I chose this instead of the 400+ books that I haven't read yet...and I'm disappointed....

At chapter 2, I found myself skipping a few lines, then continued doing it til chapter 7. I stopped around 30% of the story, I couldn't take it anymore.

This is written in 3rd person POV, and I'm not a fan of it, only a few authors were able to please me with that kind of writing... I feel detached to the characters!!!

I don't find it exciting and I feel like there's nothing to
Bj
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 Stars Overall*

Hard feelings abound when a family-oriented hero, who will risk all to protect women, meets an independent heroine who believes she is incapable of love. The third book in the Hard Feelings series, A Beautiful Distraction can be read on a stand-alone basis as each novel centers around the love life of different characters. Add in Abby Craden's sensual narration, and you have the perfect recipe for a solid audiobook for lovers of contemporary romances.

First Sergeant Rafe Mura
Andrea
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I know you, babe. I've memorized you. And if you'd let me, I'd memorize your heart. I know how to make it beat a little faster. Just tell me how to make it mine."

I've been so anxious to read A Beautiful Distraction since the moment Rafe Murano came on the page, in Feel the Rush, as one of Reed's fellow soldiers. Rafe was an intense guy, and it was clear that something heavy was eating away at him. When I found out what that was, I was initially put off. But gosh, when you see how torn up he
Ellen
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-arc, blog-tours
I have totally fallen in love with this series and couldn't wait to get my hands on the next installment, A Beautiful Distraction, which is Rafe Murano and Fallon Kelly's story. We met and got a glimpse of Rafe Murano's life in Feel The Rush, so I couldn't wait to see how Kelsie Leverich was going to develop and make me fall in love with this broody, hot, alpha male soldier. Fallon is new to the series and I really liked her character - she's an alpha female in her own regard, and the perfect ma ...more
Farrah
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
An emotional, intense, and enjoyable read, A Beautiful Distraction was a wonderful romance. I really liked this book. From the sweet and hot romance, to the deep emotions, this book was great.

Fallon was a lovely heroine. She was strong, independent, and definitely a survivor. I got a little annoyed that her tendency to run away from emotional entanglements almost cost her the love of her life, but, otherwise, I really liked her.

Rafe was absolutely amazing. Very sweet and very devoted to the wo
Aestas Book Blog
May 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
"Nothing’s more dangerous than a bad boy with a broken heart…" <-- I like the sound of this!!!

Veronica Franco
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this books, two consecutive times... not because i needed to do it, but because i wanted it to last more, because it was that good that i was refusing to finish it and putting it down... i love Kelsie... and this series is one of my favorites ...
Oriana
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damn if I thought I loved the first two books in the series I don't even know what to think of this one. I'm in disgustingly completely body taken over love with Rafael Murano. Sigh..

In love.. The true kind.
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
I have read all of Kelsie’s books and this is by far her best work yet. It has a little bit of sweet, a little bit of emotions and sass and a whole lot of sexiness.

Rafe Murano has jus returned home from deployment and after having his heard broken be someone who thought was his one and only he has sworn off the idea of the forever kind of love. The kind of love that will make your heart flutter and your breath falter when you are in the mere presence of that one person.

Fallon Kelly has a past m
Sophia
With each new book, I fall more in love with this series. These tough, but vulnerable military guys and the women they love just get inside my heart so quickly. Each story is different with new sets of characters and new situations, but my enjoyment just grows. In this latest story, a minor character, Rafe Murano, from the last book gets his own story. This could definitely be read as a standalone since this series of books are only loosely tied together.

Rafe Murano was the guy who picked the wr
Jessica
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Loved the chemistry between Fallon and Rafe!!!! Quick read and great one if you're looking for a romance novel. My only complaint was I felt that Fallon's opening up to Rafe was lacking, even when it was evident she loved him.
Jess
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Fallon to Rafe:

…“I also don’t leave with random assholes who have a taste for blood and are drowning themselves in women and liquor,” she jested.

“Oh yeah – and I suppose that’s how you’re pinning me?”

“Yes, handsome, that’s exactly how I see you. I’ve seen every single walk of man come into my club, and they all want the same thing: a distraction. Whether they need to get away from their boring sex life with their prude wife, unwind from
Ashley
Mar 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book could not get me invested in the characters. One character is so cold and nothing touches her. The other character is a military man knowingly banging another military man's wife. I finished this book, but I regret it.
Katie Welter
Aug 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 54% nothing wrong really, just couldn't get into it.
Court
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shel: I remember the first book of Kelsie's that I read: The Valentine's Arrangement-- and I remember I loved that she wrote a strong female protagonist. She did that again in A Beautiful Distraction. Court: And I was on board for this one immediately when she mentioned strong female protagonist. Love strong, determined women!

Shel: Fallon is a very determined woman. She owns a burlesque club (and on the rare occasion dances at it), p
Casey
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

A Beautiful Distraction is the newest installment in Kelsie Leverich's Hard Feelings series. I was really excited to read Rafe's story after reading the blurb, and I just knew he was going to be a character that I loved. While I did really like his character, this book was not really what I had been expecting and I was left with mixed feelings about the story.

Rafe is home after another deployment and without things to fill his mind, he is left
Lucy Dosch
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rafe Murano had turned into a man he never expected to be. That’s because he fell in love with the wrong woman. Bridget was married. Although Rafe can tell himself that he didn’t know that at the beginning, he continued to see her once he learned the truth. For a man who doesn’t share his woman, he found himself desperate for any time she gave him after sneaking away from her husband. Now it’s over and Rafe is left with a broken heart over a woman who was never really his, and using alcohol and ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
I'm completely falling for Kelsie Leverich and the world she's created with this series. A Beautiful Distraction one of those achingly beautiful stories that had me completely wrapped up and absorbed from page one as a broken and barely holding it together Rafe finds salvation in the arms of an Ice Queen that's tough as nails and desperately needs someone to break down her walls.

So, Fallon and Rafe. It...was not insta-love for me with these two. They took me a some time to get used to. I was lov
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
I’m a huge, huge fan of this series! I fell in love with Feel the Rush, and went back to read book one, Valentine’s Arrangement. I even heard the audiobooks later on and read the novella. I’ve been looking forward to A Beautiful Distraction ever since I found out that this would be Rafe’s book. Kelsie Leverich has made it on my list of favorite adult romance authors and I will also make room in my TBR when I can get my hands on one of her books!

We met Rafe in Feel the Rush. Even though he wasn’t
Lindy
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:

The Hard Feelings Series, by Kelsie Leverich is an addictive series! I have been highly anticipating Rafe Murano's story, and it was better than I could have even imagined. Rafe has just returned home from his deployment, and is heartbroken. He fell in love with a woman, who he later found out was married. He continued the affair for two years, and hated the fact that he was a man who had an affair with a married woman. He was completely devastated when things ended, and has used his
Liz at Fictional Candy
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well well well, the third book in the Hard Feelings series, and it's definitely not losing any steam! I just realized there is a book 2.5, so I need to go hunt that down (Trevor's book!) But as someone who has read all 3 books, I can tell you each book is similar, but very different. You get that undercurrent that these are military men in love with strong women, but every story is a completely different setting and set of rules. If you like military romances, you should check out this series!

Fa
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4 Rafe Loving Stars!

eARC for Honest Review by NAL Trade

This is part of a series but it could have been read as a stand alone. I think Rafe may be my favorite in the hard feeling men series.

Rafe has a huge heart and loves hard even if its the wrong woman. Still recovering from a wounded heart Rafe wants a distraction which he finds with Fallon.

Fallon has her own issues and doesn't let anyone in so a distraction is all she can be.

Immediately the chemistry is sizzling and the big hearted Rafe fall
A Beautiful Distraction is book #3 in the Hard Feelings series. Each book can be read as a stand alone as they center around characters that are mostly unrelated to the other books. They do however all have one main character in the military.

In book #3, our military hero, Rafe Murano, has returned to Denver after being deployed overseas for a year. He’s an emotional mess, drowning out his sorrows in a bottle of whiskey as he tries to distract himself from a broken heart. Fallon Kelly, is a danc
Sandy S
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 6, 2014

Home from a deployment, and without his missions to consume him, Murano is ravaged by memories of his heartbreak. So he drinks until he’s numb and drowns himself in meaningless one-night stands. But they only take the edge off…

Until he meets Fallon.

Haunted by her p
Bargain Basement: Giveaway for A Beautiful Distraction by Kelsie Leverich 1 5 May 17, 2014 06:53PM
  • Wrecked by You (Waiting for You, #3)
  • Misunderstandings (Woodfalls Girls, #2)
  • Give It All (Desert Dogs, #2)
  • Combust
  • Behind the Scandal (Reluctance, #2)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Every Changing Way (Sloan Brothers, #4)
  • Together We Heal (Fall and Rise, #4)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)
  • Crossing Stars
  • Go With Me (With Me, #2)
  • Charade (Swept Away, #1.5)
  • The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3)
  • Fit to Be Tied (The Last Good Knight, #4)
  • The Virgin's Guide to Misbehaving (Bluebonnet, #4)
  • All or Nothing: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Burning Bright: Four Chanukah Love Stories
I am a wife and a mommy to two adorable knuckleheads, hair stylist by day, writer by night. My crazy life revolves around my family (to include two dogs and a cat) and most of the time, actually all of the time, it's a crazy mess - but I love it! Drinking wine and reading books helps :)

I'm a sucker for Romance, add some toe curling smut and I'm done for!

My passion is writing. It's the thing I thin

Hard Feelings (4 books)
  • The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
“I know you, babe. I’ve memorized you. And if you’d let me, I’d memorize your heart. I know how to make it beat a little faster. Just tell me how to make it mine.” 1 likes
“He was a sexy bad boy with a tie. Now, with the tie gone and his tattoos on display, he became lethal. Gone was the bad boy, replaced by a man who threatened her resolve.” 0 likes