Start by marking “Son of No One (Dark-Hunter, #23; Hellchaser, #5; Were-Hunter, #8, Lords of Avalon, #3)” as Want to Read:

Son of No One

(Dark-Hunter #23)

It’s not easy being life’s own personal joke, but Josette Landry has made an unstable peace with the beast. Life will continue to throw every bad thing it has at her, and she will continue to not put her head in an oven. But that’s okay. That which doesn’t kill her will just require a few hours of mental insanity. Completely down on her luck, Josette takes a job with a loc ...more
Hardcover, First, 420 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Son of No One, please sign up.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Because the series was getting too long they have split it to 3 different sub-series. Dark-Hunters, Dream-Hunters and Were-Hunters. So if you think…moreBecause the series was getting too long they have split it to 3 different sub-series. Dark-Hunters, Dream-Hunters and Were-Hunters. So if you think the whole of it as Dark-Hunterverse it would be book 24 but as part of the sub-series Dark-Hunters it is book 13.

It also is the 6th book in Hellchasers, which is another sub-series but is usually marked as Dark-Hunter or Were-Hunter.

Kind of chaotic but you can just say that it's the 24 book in Dark-Hunters and not try to puzzle it out.(less)
Louise Desiderius killed Tiyana in "seize the night"-Val and Tabby's book. As for Valac, no idea, he escaped from his sort of prison in this new book son of…moreDesiderius killed Tiyana in "seize the night"-Val and Tabby's book. As for Valac, no idea, he escaped from his sort of prison in this new book son of no one but no detail what so ever except that Kessar release him, I think so but no details of what or who he is. Hope my answer isn't spoilery to you;)(less)

Louise
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars the .5 is for the humor cos' its cracking wombats;)

“she’s the human equivalent of an extremely spoiled and pampered young adult.”

“Psst,” Simi whispered to Leucious. “The term now is ‘new adult.’

To the never ending, ever expanding world that the Author creates, I pray that she'll live long along with her fans. Well hell yes to that because certainly this series won't end anytime soon and I still want to read the other characters who needs their HEA.

Fresh from divorce and recently
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Stars
Hmmmmmmmmm Okay so I am and will always be a Dark Hunter fan girl and will read any book she puts out in the series, but....... This book was missing something! I don't know what to think Maybe the series is too long or I don't know, but it just didn't do it for me. I mean it wasn't bad or anything it was a good book, but not great.

photo imconfused_zps7ec53edb.gif

For one thing I am so confused by all the different pantheons, mythological creatures, breeds of demons, and characters that my eyes are starting to cross!
Sophia Triad
Cadegan (Demi-god and part Adnac demon) and Josette (Human and (view spoiler)

I am Cadegan Maboddimun... son of no one. Wanted by none. Conceived for evil intend. I entered this world alone and that it was how I was destined to stay in it. I will not ask you to sacrifice yourself for me.

Besides the fact that this is a classic story of a 'beast' and how he is tamed by a pretty, fearless, innocent at heart girl (the kind of stories I truly love); this is a re
Tricia
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
While I know I will read this book, because I'm a DH addict and love the series, I would much rather read about some of the earlier characters whose stories are yet to be told. I am dying to read Remi's and Savitar's story!
3.5

I'm so so so mad about how short it was and how I was played. There was like 70 pages or so more and I thought it was about it but then I reached the epilogue and I was like "WHAAAAT?!!" So not fair at all.
How she can leave us like this? So this kid is more powerful than Acheron and Nick and what? Maybe Savitar? and if he gets taken the world will hit the fan?
I'm upset. Boo.

Now, I loved Styxx so much. I miss when they don't mention the other (ex) Dark Hunters and having Talon there it was pr
Sammy Loves Books
Cadegan and Josette win Insta-Love of the Year!!

***3 ~ Will this series Ever End Stars***

d

You are the light in my darkness lass. Without you, I have no hope, no faith. I barely exist.

Josette''s a skeptic. She doesn't believe in the paranormal. But she's in desperate need of money and has just taken a job as a camera operator. Ironically, she will be documenting paranormal activity for a bunch of witches.

Josette is sucked into a demon realm and is immediately under attack. Fortunately, Cadegan
Frankie Lovely
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
1 star

Um ... NOPE!

like ... What?

What I Did Not Like

First off, This genre is just NOT my usual. I honestly didn’t know what I was picking up when I grabbed this out of the bookstore bargain bin (so, that’s totally my fault). Maybe I should have read other books in this series first or ... I don't know ... something. Because this read like a companion novel but with like WAY too much story crammed inside. My point is, I was confused. I don’t know if this was a really shitty book or I just set myse
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3.5 Stars

Just the fact that I've read more than 30 full length books and novellas in the Dark-Hunterverse, is enough to show how much I love this series. But all good things need to come to an end at some point. This series should have ended long ago. Not because it's not good but because it's become too much. Too many characters, too many realms, too many mythological creatures, too many different pantheons and too freaking many cultures. After a point it's all become a knot in my mind that I j
sh1verandshake
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
And she does it again.. Gets me all hyped up for a book that is just lacking. This one was super short and generally boring.
Jo was super ridiculous and annoying. Wombat? Just no. Please no. With in 3 chapters the girl is naked and in love. No love story. Just bright eyed and in love in a chapter.
What happened to the dark edgy books Kenyon used to write? I know I've criticized her before for being too dark, (Styxx seriously, how much abuse can you write?) but this was laughable. There was barely
Steph Patt
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Josette Landry has some shit luck and she knows it. So she isn’t really surprised that when she takes a job as a camera woman for a paranormal group that she falls through a mirror into another realm. Her luck seems to change when she is rescued  by a sword wielding Cadegan. Little does she know that he is not all that he seems and her luck did not in fact take a turn for the better.

Cadegan has been locked away in a realm for centuries. All he has craved is a way out so that he can seek vengea
Rachel W
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is going to freaking murder me. I just finished Styxx, which if you haven't read, you should, it's awesome, and now I hear that this is coming out. Who the hell is this guy? I haven't heard of this new what's-his-name before and it's killing me; usually we have some connection to the character through some of the previous ones, but this guy comes up with nada. I might love him or hate him, and I have no idea! Which only makes the waiting worse. I want to see more of the Nick/Ash stuff. They ...more
Alex
Sep 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ok where do begin? I LOVE SK but this book really fell short.

*SPOILERS*

For starters the main character Jo doesn't believe in supernatural stuff, but when she falls into a mirror she just accepts that she was wrong about all the supernatural stuff. Then she meets Cade and they have sex and are all over each other RIGHT AWAY! Despite both having trust issues etc. He immediately wants to save her and she doesn't want to leave him behind.

Then here is the worst part... they SWITCH BODIES! Wtf??? An
Alex is The Romance Fox

photo download1_zps531e61e9.jpg
Let me just check …is this book written by Sherrilyn Kenyon? Yes, CORRECT!!! … she did?
 photo tumblr_mn8lfyACH61r3cqoco1_250_zpsb6df82f0.gif
.So why doesn’t it feel like a SK’s writing style? And is SON OF NO ONE a Dark Hunter book? Hell Chaser…what the hell is that?????
 photo tumblr_mw89q9nQcX1r3cqoco1_500_zpsc0a76866.gif
The hero is not a DH, he’s some kind of demon/god trapped for thousands of years in Hell and fighting to go over to the evil side and stay a good demon!!!!!!
Then we have the heroine….she kicked her useless husband out of her life and kept the dogs…or was it cats? Can’t remem
Jilly
There are many thoughts going through my head about this book. First, I think that maybe SK wanted to give us something lighter after the heart-crushing tale of Styxx, and she succeeded in that. This book is mostly fun with lots of witty banter that these books are famous for. In one part of the story, the male and female do a "Freaky Friday" and end up in each other's body.

It was like a vicious cruel mirror that pointed out every single flaw, from every single angle. "I am so going on a diet w
Arianna
What the fuck happened. It seems like shit just got real.

I think that Jo and Cade fell in love too quickly. Like, too quickly it didn't feel real to me, their story was too rush.

The story was great but I felt a little lost, because it's been a while since I read any of the books of the DH or a hellchaser story, and I felt disconected to the 'main' story AND characters.
I'm glad that before I read this one, I re-read Styxx. (view spoiler)
Yodamom
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this edition in the series. There was a very different feel from past books in the series. Demons, shadow world, dragons and various nasties. The fight was more of the heart than brute force. Her books usually center around trust, and trust was the basic issue once again, but it was twisted it a new way. I loved the inside look at the opposite sex. Fantastic, we should all get that chance to explore the other side. It would solve so many relationship problems.
What can I tell you a
Jen Davis
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I seriously debated with myself about whether to read this book. I hated Styxx with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, and honestly, the Dark Hunter series has been losing me for awhile. I have had an increasingly difficult time following all the threads of the larger story arc since Acheron. I thought I might be ok when we started to learn about the Hellchasers, but then we moved on to the Native American lore and with some of the Greek and Atlantean stuff still in there, I just can’t keep u ...more
Marta Cox
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, my-reviews
If you are a fan of this series then this book will be a must read but for this reader it was a slight dissapointment. There's no doubt this author has a fabulous imagination and a way with words that truly mesmerises but her complicated world building and numerous characters ( not to mention pantheons and realms) can at times be a little tricky to follow. That being said yet again Ms Kenyon delivers a story pulsating with danger but quintessentially this is a story of love and redemption.
Josete
Pamela(AllHoney)
Series: Dark-Hunter #24, Lords of Avalon #3, Dark-Hunter: Hellchaser #5, Dark-Hunter: Were-Hunter #8, The Entire Dark-Hunterverse #30, Dark-Hunterverse #25.

Josette Landry aka Jo is an anomaly in her strange family. She is the normal one who doesn't believe in all that weird paranormal stuff. Unfortunately, she is down on her luck and forced to take a photographer job with a paranormal group. But she ends up falling into a mirror and finds herself in a strange and creepy world. Thankfully, Cadega
Katherine
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Dark Hunter has to be on my top 5 ever, and I even plan to do a tattoo paying hommage to it, but love aside, I think the series has lost the edge somewhat. Before Ash's book there was this kind of waiting like crazy for his story, something to look forward too and the plot line wasn't so dificult. Now there's just about every kind of mithycal being in there and I feel like making a chart every time I read a new book. All in all, Son of No One is your typical (and I mean REAL typical) DH book. To ...more
Carolina Carriço
The insta love completely threw me off. I just can't deal with it. Everything built on that seems rushed, forced and fake.
What I did like about this book was seeing all our old characters! From Acheron to Tabitha, Grace, Amanda, Talon, etc. Seeing them together with kids and happy made me smile and tears threatened to fall. That made it worth I!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
You gotta give Kenyon credit for being able to still come up with original stories
✎Stacey "The One Night Biter"
OMG OMG OMG THERE ARE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next one
CC
Upon re-read I had much less issues with the characters and the heroine did not bother me. I would say the MCs are among my favorite couples in the series and I cannot wait to learn more about Thorn!

Previous comments:

I enjoyed this book, even though it confused the hell out of me.

I loved Cade, but the heroine verged on annoying a lot of the time. However, Josette really came through for Cade and ended up kicking ass.

This was a bit quicker to read and had lots of action. But there were so many ne
HeatherLovesReading
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
I can't believe I'm giving a Sherrilyn Kenyon book 3 stars ... But this book was a struggle to get through. The "Insta-love" that was so unbelievable and literally was "I have never met anyone who understands me" "I have never loved anyone like this" ... Really, you just met like 5 min ago, I will always LOVE SK, but this book just didn't flow well and if I was someone who had never read a Dark Hunter book before I would be sooooooo confused with this one, Heck I have read all 30+ of the previou ...more
Shelbie  Knight
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't quite know what to say about this one. I don't want to sound negative, but at the same time I feel I need to be honest.

I've been a fan of Sherrilyn's work from the very start; her Dark Hunter Series is one of my all-time favorites. However, when it comes to Son of No One, I felt as if I was reading a book written by someone else (at least in part).

On top of that, there were shockingly careless editing errors (missing periods, mis-spelled words) and, no matter how hard I tried to look for
Beth
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Josette Landry's life has fallen to pieces. Her family member offers her an unusual job taking videos for a paranormal hunting group...consisting of mostly her relatives. She doesn't believe in all their hockos-pockos until she is the one sucked down the proverbial rabbit hole and thrust into hell it self...well at least a hell dimension.

Saved by a handsome warrior, Cadegan, Jo knows there is something lying just under his glance. Imprisoned to a hell dimension, Cadegan has had no company in ye
Manuela
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
I liked it. I read some of the reviews yesterday, but I must admit I really liked it. First of all I like demons, even the hell raised ones. I have a weak spot for Thorn and here I finally see a bit more about him than just a glimpse I usually get in all the other books. Finally!!! I know he is not the main character but he has a major role here. (view spoiler) ...more
Mizuki
Pre-review: I have no difficulty with melodramas like My Sweet Audrina, but why must reading this book be so much of a struggle for me!?

My thoughts:

Perhaps it isn't fair for me to rate this book 1 star. I haven't been following the Dark-Hunter series for a long time so I barely know the backstories and the sub-plots and I skimmed through most parts of the book without caring enough to read it word to word.

Still, the romance is flat: the heroine had a divo
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
SON OF NO ONE is probably my least favorite of all the Dark Hunter/Hellchaser/Lords of Avalon books. Which makes me sad because I was really looking forward to it since it was supposed to tie in Kenyon's Lords of Avalon books (written as Kinley MacGregor) to her Dark Hunter world via the Hellchasers. And it does tie the series together...but unless you're familiar with all three series you're going to wonder just where the heck all of this came from.

I think the main downfall of the book is the b
Kenyons Minions: * Son Of No One **Possible Spoilers** 198 204 Feb 12, 2018 04:02AM
Kenyons Minions: Son of No One BOTM 21 37 Jul 08, 2015 07:55AM
Mark to read 2 25 Jan 14, 2015 08:30PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Son of No One 1 15 Jan 13, 2015 06:55PM
Good or not? 13 56 Jan 07, 2015 10:24AM
Insomnia Book Club: Son of No One by Sherrilyn Kenyon 20 22 Sep 30, 2014 05:23PM

• Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #15)
  • Crave The Night (Midnight Breed, #12)
  • Twisted (Eternal Guardians, #7)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)
  • Dark Blood (Dark, #23)
  • Wulfe Untamed (Feral Warriors, #8)
  • How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
“Life wasn’t easy. It wasn’t supposed to be. Yet with the right person, even the worst journey was tolerable. More than that, it could be fun. It wasn’t about learning to suffer through the storm to make it to the daylight. Life was about running through the rain and laughing even while it soaked you to the bone. Dodging the lightning strikes and daring it to come for you.” 16 likes
“No one ever gets over great pain, of any sort. It merely carves the soul into a stronger, better person.” 7 likes