Start by marking “Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)

Alpha Trine

(The Valespian Pact #1)

The sole survivor on a science vessel adrift in deep space, Zeus was adopted by the Emperor and Empress of the Mar'Sani, though he is both human and blind, and seen by most as unfit to join the royal family. Though they were able to repair his vision, Zeus does not trust his eyes and the nobles of his parents' court refuse to ever trust a frail human.

Dargon Kal-Turak, alon
Published September 25th 2013 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published November 18th 2012)

Start your review of Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
Barbara➰
Reread November 2019

Reread March 2019

I don't know how many more times I can read this lol.

Reread October 2018

So I guess this qualifies as an all time favorite if I've read it 3 times in a year, right?

Reread May 2018

Lexi Ander is one of my favorite authors for PNR and Sci-fi. I love the worlds she creates. I enjoyed this more this time so I bumped up my rating. I can’t wait for more in this series.

Originally read October 2017

Zeus has grown up with his adopted family and belie
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 3 stars. The audio didn't always follow the actual book. Several sentences and paragraphs were completely skipped over. Readers of Lexi Ander books know that every detail in the book is crucial to understanding wtf is going on.

Narrator performance - 4 stars

Story - 4.25 stars

This is my 2nd Lexi Ander book. The woman writes unique stories, and I love it. I'll admit that following the story is challenging because it's hard to keep up with the dozen or so different species that are introduc
~Volha~
Reread February 2020

I had so much fun rereading this story! I caught some bits and pieces that I missed the first time around! Oh, the power of rereading! I really liked how Alpha was integrated as a third but not in the relationship, the whole symbiote concept is mind boggling and so freaking cool. I am not a Star Wars fan (do not judge me here, folks!) but I am really digging this world Lexi Ander constructed with multilevel relations, politics and wars that stretch across time and space. Ther
 Rosebud
Having recently lost their own child the Emperor and Empress of Mar'Sani adopt the lone infant survivor discovered in an abandoned vessel. The Gods have brought this infant into their lives for a reason and it's not theirs to question why.

Zeus has known only love from his parents and siblings though many others feel he is a human weakling with no redeeming qualities. Having reached adulthood, Zeus finds his calling in service as a Master Mechanic. With his rotation of service on a space port ab
Chappy
Wow I'm outta breath. This is a non-stop short book that hooked me right away.

It was so sweet when the Mar'Sani royal family adopted baby Zeus. I especially enjoyed the deep relationship between Zeus and his 2 brothers. They never treated him like he was different and in turn, Zeus thrives under their tutelage.

After 5 years on a space station serving as master mechanic, Zeus can't wait to get back home. He then runs into Dargon and his symbionte Alpha. OK, the chemistry is smoking hot right awa
Heller
The world-building here is just too convoluted: too many alien species, too many names, too many storylines. The core relationship between Zeus, Dargon and Dargon's symbiote Alpha was fascinating but at times so buried underneath all the technobabble it was a struggle to keep reading but kudos to the author because I did keep reading. These three held my attention and I wanted to find out what happened to them even if I felt my eyes crossing trying to decipher the crazily complex universe.

Lilia Ford
I enjoyed a lot about this book and really admired Ander's incredible inventiveness, but the experience of reading it was mostly frustrating. My favorite part was the opening chapters about Zeus' adoption, but once the story moved to the space station I was overwhelmed by the onslaught of different alien species, with their wildly different appearances and abilities. Instead of giving us any time to get caught up or orient to what was happening, the book kept lurching from one major event to ano ...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
MM Sci Fi goodness doesn't get any better. Really great world building - and descriptions were off the charts great to set the characters. I felt like I could "see" them completely. I def. had Star Wars flashbacks to the bar/cantina scene..so loving that. The intrigue part of the story really gets time to develop and uncover and there are clues but nothing so out there you know what's happening the first 10 pages. Of course it has the obligatory "mine" and possessive alpha stuff...but the real A ...more
M'rella
I am a mean and vicious human and I am about to stab somebody's baby in the guts with an alien machete. If you have a problem with it, move along, if not - feel free to proceed.

~~*~~

There are more alien species in these 150 pages than in all five Star Treks combined.

Too much info is cramped into too short of a book. The author is overly descriptive and repetitive where it comes to tiniest details.

There are too many words that leave no room for emotional side of the story. The book is a list
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Zeus was found abandoned on a science vessel by the Mar’Sani, a reptilian race, accepted into the Imperial family he grows up loved and wanted even though he is blind, at thirteen he has his eyesight repaired by the Chtichlians. Having his sight is hard Zeus prefers to rely on what he hears as what he sees can’t always be trusted, now Zeus is about to return home with his brothers after spending nearly five yea
Lexi Ander
Mar 19, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-sci-fi, i-wrote-it
Updated 7/18/2013

Less Than Three Press has picked up Alpha Trine and the sequel, Striker. The re-release of Alpha Trine is September 25th. Woot!!

updated 3/21/2013

Major edits were done to the story that added an additional 7k to the storyline. Issues with flow and the confusion of the first chapter have been taken care of. I hope you enjoy the additions. As before, this is a free download. :)

Cheers!
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: Michael Stellman – 4.5
Book Cover: 3

I really like Michael Stellman. What can I say? There is something about the way he reads, or pronounces his words, or I really don’t know what exactly it is, but it works for me. So it’s safe to say that enjoyed this even more because of him. It has to be said.

I liked this story a whole lot. It was original and it went places I really enjoyed.
I absolutely LOVE the way Zeus’s adopted family adores him. His twin brothers are
Bookwatcher
Aliens, space fights and... romance! What else a sci-fi fan could ask? NOTHING! It's all here, in this book!

Let me start the review saying this title was a freebie, but now it's not. I read (and I'm reviewing) the published version (click here, to the publisher's site).

The plot
Zeus is a human, born blind and growing up with an alien specie he is a warrior, as all Mar'Sani.
His live will be turn up side down by a alien in a secret mission... Dargon Kal-Turak may be the salvation of the universe,
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I don't think I'm cut out for Sci-fi.

Alpha Trine was a fun but mediocre read for me-- one that would be better appreciated by someone else, I believe. Lexi Ander has crafted an intricate and intriguing vision of the world in the far away future (I can't really say 'alternate-world' since, well, who knows, we may be traipsing across the galaxy as one of the most hated species in the universe sometime in the future...). There was a multitude of alien races introduced to us, complete with sufficie
Fiona
Update 23 March 2020 - I have just re-read for the 4th time now as Constant (3rd book in series) has just been released. Still LOVE IT!!!!! on to Striker now.

Update 5 June 2014 - I have re-read for the 3rd time now as Striker (2nd book in series) has just been released. Still LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I have just re-read this new release of Alpha Trine and I loved it.

The world building and alien descriptions are great. Lexi gives you just enough detail so that you understand the different world
Vivian
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-scifi
Fantastic world building! So much to take in and so much developed that I hope there's a sequel. A great read with a brisk pace and the take on mpreg was cool. Loved the characters and all I can say is that with more space it might have been a less dense read--which at the pace it went could be overwhelming if you weren't in the mood.

I want more.

Favorite passage:
“Brother,” Azaes whispered, emotion choking his words. “Please…never withhold from us again. You don’t have to stand alone. I never w
~nikki the recovering book addict
Hmm.... I had high hopes for this. The premise was intriguing and the sample was promising. But alas, way too many alien species and it was all so confusing. Felt like I got dropped into the middle of a series rather than the first book of the series.

It wasn’t that there was too many side stories but it just felt like too many things were happening. Way too many players and I don’t remember half their names and/or species and function and world and... yeah... just too complicated.

I might skip
Syfy
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-m, m-m-syfy, m-m-pnr
Great story! A bit confusing at first, it took a few catch on. The relationship between Zeus and his siblings really did it for me, got me engaged and fully invested. I loved the history and world building, complicated with so many different "species".
Some very sexy stuff going on too! *whew*
Definitely interested in seeing this as a series!
jessica ☾
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
The premise sounded great and I enjoyed the beginning but it just kinda fizzled out for me and just felt kinda muddled. I’ve heard so many glowing reviews for this book though, so hopefully I’ll try to pick this up again in the future!
Teresa
Just finished the audio. While it wasn’t bad, it didn’t have the highest production quality. I found it tinny in some places and I could hear the breath on the microphone. Also it is the same voice for all characters, which isn’t necessarily bad but didn’t provide as much of an experience as I was hoping. I still love the story though!

First read in Dec, 2012. Just read with the revamped first chapter and loved it even more! As with all of Lexi's books, it is a rich world with interesting charact
Serena Yates
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is something really special about this book, and I think it is the combination of fantastically imaginative world building, a mysteriously twisting plot line, and some very creative characters who make their way through a galacto-political mess of, well, galactic proportions. The back story is much deeper than I first suspected, and while some of the more immediate questions get answered to the point that the ending (intermediate as it may be) is mostly satisfying, there is a ton of issues ...more
Nova
3 - 3.5 stars.

Lexi Ander created a huge, new world in Alpha Trine, with lots of interesting species and conflicts. Every one of the alien races is different and unique and sometimes even kind of funny (or not) – like the L'Eemas, who will destroy themselves (preferably in a great explosion) when they reach a certain age.

But sometimes it felt like the world was too complex for this one book, like some parts were too short or rushed. Because of all the facts and explanations it took me a while to
Jade
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, erotica, m-preg, i-own
Very enjoyable read, which was on par for the course for Lexi Ander. I did however have a problem with how quickly they all forgot the past and fell in love-it seemed a bit in-genuine and that spoiled some of the last third of the book. I will be looking forward to the next one however :)
ShoSho
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, elib, x-2016, sci-fi
Well this was a very surprising book. I knew it would be good but it was more than good. First off I had never read anything like that. Herms, aliens, sea gods ... it had everything in it and I loved it. It was very fast moving and action packed. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Claudia
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. the Idea with the symbiote was well done and the story was interesting
Veronica of V's Reads
Bear with me, because I don't read a lot of Sci-Fi. I do read a lot of M/M however, and this story qualifies....

An infant, Zeus, is found in hypersleep on a derelict vessel in space near the home planet of the Mar'Sani, a reptilian-humanoid species. The Empress, in grief over the loss of her youngest child, immediately adopts Zeus believing his arrival was ordained by Poseidon. Zeus is not only blind, he's a Terran (human) and Terrans are the scourge of the galaxy due to their rapacious enslavem
Kathleen
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Second time experiencing this story, first time on audio. My review might be a tiny bit spoilerish.

I enjoyed experiencing Alpha Trine for the second time, but didn't feel the five stars this time. I'm kicking the audiobook down to four stars. Way too much sap and sex at the end. I really hate prolonged sex scenes at the end of a book. And proclaiming the prince is nicknamed Striker after the deadly desert striker, and then letting him get his ass handed to him, more than once, was a huge rookie
Erica
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2019 Re-Read:

I still like this one a lot, although the same weird plot points still bugged me this time around. (view spoiler) It was tons of fun, though, to revisit this one after so long.
Jane (PS)
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
This book really appealed to me. It was written for the GR Gay Sci-Fi Group (according to the beginning) and whilst there are a few editing errors, it is well put together with some interesting concepts and side-issues. Even the space names weren't too complex for my mind's interpretation! I'll certainly look our for more by this author :)
Julia
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, sci-fi
I was really concerned, after reading the prologue, that I would get too bogged down in the strange names and species to fully understand and enjoy the book. I didn't though and for a non-science fiction reader that is pretty huge. My favorite part of the author's imagination though was the self lubricating penis. Is that fabulous or what?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
http://skinreviveidea.com/alpha-tren/ 1 2 Aug 29, 2016 10:59PM
http://eyeluminoushelps.com/alpha-tren-reviews/ 1 1 Aug 28, 2016 10:30PM
Muscle XTX >>> http://supplementskings.com/muscle-xtx/ 1 1 Jul 21, 2016 01:38AM
http://supplementscloud.com/alpha-tren/ 1 2 Jul 21, 2016 01:13AM
http://getmenshealth.com/alpha-tren/ 1 1 Jul 16, 2016 01:30AM
http://supplementscloud.com/alpha-tren/ 1 1 Jul 15, 2016 01:04AM

• Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Claimings, #3)
  • Taken (The Harvest #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Expeditions, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pastimes (Claimings, #4)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Earth Fathers Are Weird
  • Prelude to Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #0.5)
  • Witchblood (Kitsune Chronicles, #1)
  • The Experiment  (Saving Caeorleia #1)
  • A King to Be Claimed (Our King, Our Master, #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2)
  • Mate of the Tyger Prince (Mate of the Tyger Prince #1)
Lexi has always been an avid reader and at a young age started reading (secretly) her mother’s romances (the ones she was told not to touch). She was the only teenager she knew of who would be grounded from reading. Later, with a pencil and a note book, she wrote her own stories and shared them with friends because she loved to see their reactions. A Texas transplant, Lexi now kicks her boots up i ...more

The Valespian Pact (5 books)
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • Constant (The Valespian Pact #3)
  • Bespoken: Lost (The Valespian Pact #4)
  • Bespoken Returned (The Valespian Pact #5)