Start by marking “Silver Heart” as Want to Read:
Silver Heart

Silver Heart

Five years ago, Dylan Silver was forced to bid goodbye to the only boy she ever truly loved. Since then, she's done her best to forget the past, put her dreams on hold, and play the role of the perfect, dutiful daughter.

When her best friend coaxes her into a winter getaway to a mountain resort, she sees it as a chance to forget about her suffocating responsibilities and th
Published July 25th 2013 by Victoria Green

To ask other readers questions about Silver Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Heart

Ash
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
first read: April 18 & 19, 2015.
first reread: December 28 - 31 , 2015.

Last book of the year 2015! It was nice revisiting it, but sadly, I didn't quite love it as much as I remembered! Yes, it sweet, and it had some really fun parts, but the second time around I found myself skipping pars. Second time around, I am going to have to say 3.5

come find me: IG: @ash.reads

-------------

OCTOBER 2015: Its been a few months since I read this, but I still think about how sweet of a story it was. It is c
Talltree
Sweet, sexy separated-childhood-friends-find-each-other-again-and-get HEA story. h was adorable, she was brainwashed by her parents into fitting a mould. H had a horrid family life and escaped to become an Olympic snowboarder. Meeting H again helped h find herself and get free from the conditioning her parents did on her. And it gave an opportunity for H to get the girl he always wanted.

The flashbacks of h with H in childhood: even while small the h was so good to H and she was all H had left, i
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

4 Silver Stars!!

I loved this book!

This is a story about Dylan and Silver. A story that wasn't supposed to end but circumstances and life came in their way...

Now 6years later Dylan is living a boring life, doing what her parents want her to do, in a fake relationship with someone she doesn't really like and who isn't really into her.

She is empty and boring, a shadow of what she envisioned her life to be...

On a week break to the mountains, Dylan Silver is reunited with her best friend, the boy who
Anna
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it

I'm explicably drawn to these second chance at love stories with less than 20 ratings !

Please please please be a diamond in the rough ❤❤
Ailene♥
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, I really have this gut feeling when a book's really going to be good. Most of the time, I'm right. And fortunately, this one didn't disappoint. It's just amazing.

It's only being told from the heroine's POV. Usually, I prefer dual POVs. But this works just fine. All her life, Dylan Silver has been the good perfect daughter. She's always been following what her parents want for her. The question is, what does she really want for herself? Is she happy with the choices she had made?

Takin
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sawyer.
With that one word, that one name, I could be done with this review, simply because, he, Sawyer, makes this read so worth it and one you do not want to miss out on. Whether you love this genre or not. Whether you love romances or not, Sawyer is a man you need to meet. You must meet.

I read a lot of contemporaries, it is one of my favorite genres and because of that I have come across a lot of swoon worthy, lust inducing, leading men but none of them compare to the sweet hotness that is Saw
Justin
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Silver Heart is without a doubt the best New Adult book that I have read this year. There is really no way for a book to be perfect, and there were definitely a few things I had very slight issues with when I was reading Silver Heart; however, when it comes to New Adult books, even with the slight issues I came across, I was extremely impressed with Victoria’s work. To jump into the genre with a debut, and make it stand out so much is quite a feat. Especially since New Adult is starting to becom ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--SWEET--Stars!!!

Aww! What a sweet heartwarming story! A story about second chances and learning to be yourself and let go and do what makes you happy regardless of what anyone else thinks!

Sawyer and Silver (first name Dylan, last name Silver) were best friends who secretly were in love with each other. They grew up together. But Sawyer lived on the "wrong side of the tracks" and he and Silver had to hide their friendship from Silver's parents. Sawyer lived in an abusive home and Silver was his
Erin
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*****4.5 stars*****

One single glance claimed all of me.
His hands stayed still, but I could feel him exploring my body. He was ripping off my sweater, pulling on my hair, rocking my hips, digging his nails into my skin…
Without actually touching me. ~Dylan, Loc 2957

Sawyer Carter was definitely no longer a cute boy. He was a man. And an incredibly sexy one at that. The kind of man I apparently had no immunity to. ~ Dylan, Loc 447

Well honey, that makes two of us!! Good lord, my Sawyer Carter ju
Kristina
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There have been so many New Adult books that have come out in the last year. At first I was all about NA. I couldn't get enough of them. But lately I feel like I've been in a NA slump. Every book I read sounds exactly the same. Luckily that did not happen with Silver Heart. It is one of the best I have read, and it can definitely hold its place among some of the other well known NA stories!

Dylan has always done what her family expects of her, so she never got to be her own person. She graduated
Vi (like the letter)
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Silver Heart has it all. Enthralling writing, memorable characters, a touching "second chance" love story, and whimsical moments that get you all giddy and warm inside. Not to mention quite a few strategically-placed sexy times that changed my view on snowboarding and certain frozen food items forever! I'm a sucker for "second chance" love stories, especially when it's done well, and readers, Silver Heart was fantastic. I think Victoria mixed a perfect blend of a rekindled romance with the inner ...more
Chu
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

some_text

What is greater than seeing the only guy who could make your heart skip a beat finally standing right in front of you, all grown up? Probably nothing, other than finally realizing you are falling in love with your best friend and finally having the second chance to be with him even for just a week. But will it ever be enough?

We’re going to have the best time ever!

some_text

Her best friend could have been a fortune teller for predicting that she and Dylan would have
Jessirae
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was completely and utterly enchanted by Silver Heart. It made me smile and swoon all at once, dazzled me with its wintery setting, and hit me with a great amount of feels I wouldn’t trade for in the world.

I have some serious love for Dylan because she was admirable in her self discovery, in her love for Sawyer and in her independence, strength, and devotion. She was not perfect though she strived to be. Dylan had her own fears and doubts that led her to realize what she truly wanted out of her
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
A lot of people on Twitter had been raving about this one, so maybe I was expecting too much. The book started out promising, but it quickly turned cliche and lost a lot of its depth.

Considering Dylan's future plans were of such huge importance I would have liked her to grapple with it more and make up her own mind, rather than still planning for most of the book to go back to her own life. Parental expectations are hard, but I like my MC's to have more of a spine.

The romance was also lacking. I
Anna
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult

This novel was so heavy on the romance side, though I lost count on how many times they'd done it - any manner in any way - I thought the story was good. I managed to hold on to it because I liked how it started, and in all fairness the Girl was at least sensible (but only in a matter of time when she's not melting in a puddle of lust). Ofcourse, unarguably, the guy was sex on a stick. When he wants it, he gets it. Every.Freaking.Time.
Catherine Crook
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Dylan and Sawyer are two peas in a pod that couldn't be more different. Dylan is the product of a

prestigious family and their expectations for her (and her brother, Adam) were off the charts. Sawyer's goals included saving his mother, sister and himself from an abusive, alcoholic father. At a young age, these two meet and there is an instant connection. A friendship is formed that lasts throughout the years. These two were ripped apart and it took six years, some snow, an overdue trip with her
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
Making the choice between a boring prefabricated life or living in the moment with your destined lover? This is the decision Dylan Silver must make, in the book Silver Heart.

Growing up, Dylan has always played the idealistic child for her dictatorial parents, living her life to make them happy. And as a teen, to ensure their happiness she had to give up her own. Now at 22 years old, having her parents control her social life, love life and education, is status quo. That is, until Dylan decides t
Adele
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story about two long-lost friends who become lovers. Lots of swooning ahead!
Dylan Silver
Dylan

Sawyer Carter
Sawyer

Top Ten Things I Liked:
1. Sawyer x 10! I should just end this list right here.
2. Dylan was a strong character, even though she wasn’t always perfect.
3. Romance was so hot and so sweet I was swooning the entire time.
4. Maddie was hilarious! Is there going to be a Maddie book?
5. I’ve never read a book about a snowboarder before. Loved that part!
6. I also liked Dylan’s photography. It was in
Sara
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a cutesy book about Dylan Silver and Sawyer Carter. Her family was affluent. His was abusive. The became best friends that both secretly loved each other. Her family was very controlling and did not approve of Sawyer. They did everything they could to keep them apart.
Sawyer was a bad ass snowboarder who left home to go pro.

Six years later...... They meet again and the passion is even more intense. Now they aren't kids and are capable of deciding their own future. Silver (dylan) has be
*Ritzrenee*
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought there is potential
Obviously not

I guess no matter how many reviews I try to read before plunging into a book, the chances of me enjoying it will always be 50-50. I wanted a fast read and presumed this had some substance to it. Fair enough, there was to a certain extent but like most "novella" (this book is longer than a novella); this book was just touch and go.

Sometimes I had rather the author focus on 1/2 issues at hand rather than creating a few drama here and there.
Autumn
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
dear Sawyer Carter. I love you. that is all.

just kidding theres more. review to come :)
Keren Hughes
I was lucky enough to be able to BETA-read this amazing novel. When I say lucky, that’s an understatement really – I just don’t have a word to describe it.
Silver Heart is one of those heart-wrenching books that is also heart-warming at the same time. It’s difficult to put into words how I felt about the story because it made me feel such a roller coaster of emotions that it’s hard to pin-point the essence of what made this book so awesome.
Dylan Silver is a twenty-two year old girl who is on tr
Krista
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads

Silver Heart has two things that I love most in new adult books – a relationship founded first on a friendship and a relationship that picks up after years apart. This made it an absolute must-read for this NA fan.

You know those stories where the guy and the girl have been separated by time and space, and very coincidentally and unexpectedly one day come face to face once again? They’re so much more dramatic and anticipatory than regular boy-meets-girl stories. It’s like the drama and a
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
A goodhttp://badbirdreads.com/review-silver...

At A Glance
A good, solid romance, but nothing spectacular.

The Good
This is a short, fun, cute read that almost anyone can enjoy. The characters had depth and raw emotions that you could feel coming off the page. The story was sexy and adorable at the same time. I got very invested in Dylan (also known as Silver) and Sawyer and their love story that took so long to come to fruition.

Dylan was weak in many ways. She let her parents rule her schooling,
Sorcha O'Dowd
A beautiful heartwarming story! 5 stars! Full review will be posted at my blog on the 29th January on my stop on the 'Silver Heart' blog tour. http://www.oldvictorianquill.wordpres...

Edit: extended review

There’s some books that you like, but you’re constantly looking down at the percentage mark to see whether it has gotten any closer to 100%, and then there’s books where you are so engrossed in the story, so invested in the characters, and so unable to put the book down long enough to eat, that
Lola
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I bought this book after participating in a book blitz for it. I loved the beautiful winter pictures and this book sounded just awesome. For quite some time I forgot about this book again until I picked up the Untamed series which Victoria Green co-writes with Jinsey Reese. Thanks to me being stupid and forgetting my Kobo cable I couldn't put the new episode on my e-reader and I decided to pick up Victoria's other book instead.

I really enjoyed Silver Heart, it has a perfect combination of sweet
Jessica
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, new-adult
Dylan Silver graduated and is heading off to med school in the fall. For a much needed break she goes to a cabin in the mountains with her best friend and brother. The last person she expects to see is Sawyer Carter. Silver has been in love with Sawyer since she first met him when she was 8 years old. They became secret best friends and stood by each other no matter the consequence until six years ago. After not seeing the only man she has ever loved for so long, the new and grown Sawyer is sexi ...more
Anny hernandez
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I JUST FINISH READING THIS BOOK, AND I HAVE TO SAY I FELT IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY. I WAS GIVING A COPY OF THIS BOOK FOR A REVIEW, AND I AM SO GLAD THAT I GOT TO READ IT. FOR A NEW AUTHOR VICTORIA GREEN DID AND AMAZING JOB.
DYLAN SILVER IS WHAT YOU CALL A THE PERFECT DAUGHTER, SHE DID EVERYTHING HER PARENTS WANTED HER TO DO,MEANING GO TO SCHOOL TO STUDY FOR SOMETHING THAT SHE IS NOT PASSIONATE ABOUT. HER PASSION IS TO BECOME A PHOTOGRAPHER. AND TO FIND HER OWN PERSONALLY.
SAWYER CARTER IS FOLLOWING
Molli Moran
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I wanted to read Silver Heart from the first time I heard about it, around the time of the release. Several fellow bloggers raved about Green's debut New Adult novel, and I'm glad I read Silver and Sawyer's story and gave it, and them, a chance. Unlike some other new adult books that have let me down, Silver Heart was a fun read, with a focus on learning to be who you want to be.

Let's talk about the characters first. I really liked Silver (although the constant use of her last name as a nickname
Kristie
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle, won, blog-tour
I think new adult is one is the one genre where readers have their favorite authors, and if they want to try anything new it takes a lot of high reviews or praise from fellow authors in order to convince someone to read said book. So when I say that this is one not to skip, believe me. It is definitely one that readers should add to their shelves.

Victoria has a way of making new adult a whole new experience, while also tackling issues that many people in their twenties face. Siblings not gettin
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Dressed in White
  • Anywhere
  • The Singing River (Legend #1)
  • Your Exception
  • Out of Control (Untamed #2)
  • He's Come Undone
  • Drowning in Love
  • The Only One (Only, #3)
  • Wicked Games (Wicked Bay, #4)
  • Flash
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • Back to Life
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Three Days of Rain
  • Escaping Me (Escaping, #1)
  • Crossing (Open Door Love Story, #1)
  • (Never) Again (Again, #1)
Victoria Green is a New Adult Contemporary Romance author with a soft spot for unspoken love and second chances. A travel junkie at heart, she believes in true love, good chocolate, great films, and swoon-worthy books. She lives in Canada with her husband and their pack of slightly crazy, but extremely lovable puppies. She is the author of standalone novels Silver Heart and the upcoming Jaded Drea ...more