Start by marking “Hot Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #1)

Hot Ink

(Inked in the Steel City #1)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B006MHX016.

Published December 14th 2011 by Ranae Rose (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Ink

Start your review of Hot Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #1)
edge of bubble
Jan 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Hot parts;

The heroine; woe is me, I can't date because I take care of my sister, everyone is out to get me, I have a scar on my tigh so I must be unattractive as fuck.

if a hard object were to fall on her head while she was walking in the street, this would be me;

The hero; has ink and blue eyes and is a tattoo artist. That's the total of his character development.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi6 by sb_zpsk5aen2r3.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (9/2/2015)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
Mina never meant to fall for her sexy tattoo artist, Eric, or to become a model. But when shes asked to pose in a photo shoot for the Hot Ink tattoo studio, she cant say no. She finally gets a look at Erics tattoos when theyre cajoled into posing together, and in a few breathtaking moments, an on-camera kiss turns the passion theyre asked to fake into something very real, leaving them both wanting more.

The only problem is that Minas
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Me after reading the blurb:
Photobucket

Me after finishing this book:
Photobucket

But, let's go back to the very beginning...

Hot Ink is a (too) short, (kind of) cute read. It is (partly) about ink. What it's not (imo, at least) is hot.
It started off just fine, though. Mina is in the "Hot Ink" tattoo shop, in the middle of her session with Eric. She's in pain, he's hot... damn, I'd swoon if I were her. Black hair. Blue eyes. Have I mentioned hot? Great beginning!
Anyway, Mina's friend Karen is keeping her company, and
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Hot Ink was a quick, fun, sweet, sexy read that I really liked. The story and characters entertained me from the start and kept me interested till the end. I thought the ending was really cute. Of course, I loved hot, sexy, tattooed Eric, but I also loved Mina and Jess. This books was a perfect read for me because it was not filled will conflict and angst.
It was just nice to sit and read a quick story filled with lovable characters and sexy tattoos. LOL ;p This is my first time reading Ranae
Awilk -never sleeps-
3.5Stars

A quick, sweet read that wasn't quiet what I was expecting. It had more depth then I thought such a short read would. Lovely characters who more then deserved their happy ending. Would have liked a bit more information on Eric. Couldn't believe there was a tattooed hottie who was so nice. I want an Eric of my own.

Wish it was a lot longer. My second Ranae Rose book in a row. I must look into her other work asap.
Nikki
This is a sweet romance about a 20 something girl with 40 something responsibilities. Mina doesn't think the hot tattoo artist Eric, would be interested in her because of said responsibilities. Little does she know, he wants to be more! I liked this quick romance even though I had to wait til the near end to get to the steamy parts! ;)
Amelia
There's a woman I work with who's really sweet, considerate, hard-working, ready to help. She ought to be my favourite colleague but she's needy. And I don't mean she wants a bit of reassurance. We all need that sometimes. What I mean is, you feel like you could move a finger and she'd think she'd done something wrong. It's really sad but it's also exhausting.

Mina is in essence this colleague of mine. She has a traumatic past and is in the unusual position of being guardian to a sibling only ten
Emily
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: betrayal, tattoos
When Mina found Eric, a tattoo artist, online she never expected to fall for him. After weeks of getting to know him as he delicately crafted the tattoo she was wanting, she finds herself crushing hard. As the guardian to her younger sister though, she knows she doesn't have time for dating and what man would want her with the baggage she carries. None of Mina's concerns matter to Eric, when he is asked to pose with Mina for photographs showcasing their tattoos they end up kissing one another ...more
Angie Elle
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a sweet story. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from a book that was only 150 pages, but I thought this one was filled with emotion.

Mina was a character that I could really connect with, not because our circumstances are the same, but because, like most females, she has a fear of not measuring up. I found her to be incredibly likable.

I would've liked to have seen at least one flaw in the hero, but again, it's hard to delve into two characters in only 150 pages, and I
Lesley Book Lover
A little too short for me, although a lovely little storyline, it needed more details about Eric, and the growing romance. Maybe there are more things to come out in the following books, but as they are about other characters at the Tatoo parlour I doubt it, so I will not be reading them, so won't be finding out.
Sheryl C. Nash
Not what i was expecting at all! A remarkably sweet story with a lot of hot, steamy sex thrown in! The one thing the story made me want to do is get another tattoo...LOL! Especially if Eric was the tattoo artist! Phwoar!!
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
A sweet sexy story.. that show us what LOVE is all about.. And Sweet Baby Jesus i totally understand why Mina has chosen for such a large tattoo = more time with hunkilicious Eric, who knows a thing or two about making a girl feel good!
Lisa
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Enjoyable book. No real drama and angst. Easy afternoon read.
Relly
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, 2020-read
Ok

3 stars

Ive wanted to reread this one for a while but all I could remember was the tattoo that Mina got and nothing else about the story.
Unfortunately it was just ok. Mina was a little annoying with her constant doubts and I dont feel like I know anything about Eric other than his dragon tattoo, blue eyes and black hair.
Coco.V
Jun 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/18/2020)! 🎁
MsRomanticReads
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Evie, Sandra B, Sarah A., Artemis, Nia

At just twenty-four years old, Mina is mother, sister and best friend to her wheelchair-bound sister. Mina works as a bank teller; a job she doesn't really like, but it pays the bills. Her love life isn't all that exciting either. She can't be bothered especially when men realize that her first priority is and always will be her sister. That's not to say that Mina is totally unaffected by sexy men, and there is one in particular, her tattoo artist Eric. After a failed non-date, Mina thinks she's
Kame
4 1/2 stars

Mina is single and only twenty-four years old, but some days she feels like she has the responsibility of the world on her much older shoulders. Mina is the guardian for her younger sister Jess. She allows herself so few indulgences. What a better way to embrace her love for plants and flowers and Jess talent as an artist but to have a tattoo of her favorite flowers. That tattoo came out incredible and the time spent at Hot Ink with the hunky tattoo artist Eric didnt hurt either. But
Katya
Leiera Monae
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book 1 of 8 of Inked in the Steel City series

This book wasn't bad, it was just missing a few things that I felt it needed:

Length - This book was extremely short, which is what leads me right to issue #2...

Character Development - Even though the book is told in the 3rd person, we still are only given a tunnel-vision view into Mina's life. I needed to get into Eric's head. I needed to connect with him and understand the relationship development from his perspective.

More thoroughly developed
Cindy
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun and spunky read. I really enjoyed the characters.
Mina is a girl who has had a rough go of it and knows how her life is planned out for her until she meets Eric.
Eric is a guy who seems to have it all together. Sure he know life can be hard but is still sure of himself and his goals.
When Mina has Eric do a tattoo for her, she tells herself its just a tattoo and nothing more. Until Mina's friend Karen is asked to do a photo shot for the tattoo shop where Eric works. As things progress Mina's
Hollie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This made for such a charming quick read. I enjoyed it but found the plot to be lacking. There just wasnt a lot that happened. I suppose thats to be expected for a series starter though. While the ending left much to be desired, at least it didnt end with a cliffhanger. I do feel its current price of $2.99 is a bit steep considering its only 155 pages.
Long review cut short, I liked the writing style and the character depth was impressive for such a short book. I will definitely check out more
Natalie
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my first book by this author. I enjoyed the writing style and the characters very much. The only reason I didn't rate the book four stars is because I thought the end was very anti-climactic. I equate this to getting on a roller coaster that's going to be wicked and when its over realized you felt as though you'd gotten on the kiddie coaster. No offense to the author. I just feel like I want that coaster to go up and up and up and have a whoosh when it comes down. The ending to this ...more
Black Butterfly
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance, erotica
I PICKED THIS FOR TWO REASONS I LOVE TATOOS AND I HAPPEN TO LIVE IN PITTSBURGH, PA.
BK#1
SWEET ROMANCE, HOT SEX SCENES BUT I FELT LIKE SOMETHING WAS MISSING . . .A SPARK. I THINK THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT OF ERIC HE DID'NT REALLY HAVE MUCH OF A PART, IT WAS ALL ABOUT MINA, WHO I DID'NT REALLY LIKE. I FOUND HER VERY ANNOYING. I WAS SURPRISED AT THE LITTLE MENTION OF PITTSBURGH AT ALL. I STILL FEEL AS IF SOMETHING IS MISSING. ON TO THE NEXT BOOK. ;
Lindsay
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buddy read with Nikki!!!

This was a fun book but I'm not sure what I enjoyed more...the book or buddy reading it with Nikki.

I loved Eric. He was the sweetest thing ever. Mina drove me slightly crazy with the way she kept pushing Eric away. I was glad to see her finally give in and let the awesome guy into her life.
Kendra
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am rounding this up to a 4 because I actually enjoyed this story. I liked all the characters and was okay the pace this book took. I liked that Mina had actual responsibility in her life and never once was woos me. good book for a quick read.
Ginette
2.5-3. Cute short read
Talltree
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Anny hernandez
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like it

It was a good book, I just wish it was a little longer, the story was sweet and short, but I like it
Teri
I once again, wish GR would let us do half stars
This wasn't bad, but I found myself being like..."if only," such and such then I would have enjoyed it so much more.
First, I think it was just too short, there wasn't enough character development, and there were plenty of things to get into with these characters. I never really adored Mina like I wish I could have. I did not like the epilogue-AT ALL.
Having said that, I did like Jess, I know often when kids are in books, they are props, she
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1)
  • Looking For It (Three Player Co-op #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
  • Katy, My Impact (Iron Orchids, #3)
  • Slammed
  • Reaper's Rise (Ruthless Kings MC, #0.5)
  • More, Please (Homefront: The Sheridans, #1)
  • Montgomery Ink Box Set 2 (Montgomery Ink, #1.5, 2, 3)
  • Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves, #1)
  • Adam (Riding Hard, #1)
  • Seduction Games (Game for Cookies #1)
  • Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1)
  • Hot Fur the Wolf (Hot Fur, #1)
  • Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1)
  • Impossible
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Leo, Kiss Often (Iron Orchids, #4)
  • Mace (Lighthouse Security Investigations #1)
I write what I know and love: adult romance with blue-collar heroes and real-life flavor. Tattoos, handcuffs and men in uniform are a few of my favorite things, and it shows in my thirty+ published books.

I live in the South with my man in uniform, who I married for the entertainment value. Just kidding - it was the handcuffs, err, true love. ;)

So far, our happily ever after includes a couple kids,

Inked in the Steel City (9 books)
  • Innocent Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #2)
  • Dedicated Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #3)
  • Abiding Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #4)
  • Serious Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #5)
  • Irresistible Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #6)
  • Alluring Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #7)
  • Beloved Ink (Inked in the Steel City #8)
  • Secret Ink (Inked in the Steel City, #9)

News & Interviews

“In fact, their mother’s behavior was a sort of inversed standard she held herself to. Whenever she examined her own habits and determined that they were exactly the opposite of her mother’s, she was satisfied.” 0 likes