Start by marking “The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)

The Unearthly

(The Unearthly #1)

The first time I was declared dead, I lost my past. The second time, I lost my humanity. Now I’m being hunted, and if I die again, my soul is up for forfeit.

After enrolling in Peel Academy, an elite supernatural boarding school on the British Isles, the last of the sirens, Gabrielle Fiori, only wants to fit in. Instead, the elixir meant to awaken her supernatural abilities
Published June 25th 2013 by Lavabrook Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Unearthly, please sign up.
Ari Reavis No. The hero and heroine only have eyes for each other. Others may try, but no love triangle.

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Am I the only one who got the love at first sight feeling here? AND that there's a love triangle coming up? I liked Andre de Leon and Lucifer was...interesting. Though Gabrielle Fiori annoyed me most of the time. I'm sure I'll continue with the series, however I'm not sure if I'll like it. This book really had a potential to be good, but Gabrielle as a main character destroyed things for me and how she reacted to something and believed everything that was said to her. But like it said, I liked A ...more
Bree
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like books about schools for the supernatural and a "tough" heroine
Actual review:

One thing this book has made me realize is the fact that I don't mind if century year old vampires fall in love with high school girls... if they are stuck at the age of a high school teenager. But when you have a century old vampire in his mid to late twenties falling for a high school girl, I do not like that.

Usually I break my reviews up into my likes and dislikes, but there isn't much that I liked about this book so...

CHARACTERS:

a. I found the main character, Gabriella, to be
✨ Kaira ✨
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I seriously read this in the span of 2 hours since it's really short.

if you ask me, this is the moooooooost cliche and cringiest book I've ever read.

the heroine being not into fashion, being super unique, being super duper gorgeous to the point her old school hated her for it are enough to get my eyes rolling.

the male hero, however, is the perfect definition wattpad character. he's a freaking vampire, king of vampires. he's gorgeous. he's rich. bad boy. in short, he's a douche and a cliche.

t
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Laura Thalassa ( is it weird that I say Tallahassee in my head) sure loves her sirens and that's fine because I love her sirens. I did groan at the "insta-love" bit but I'm willing to let it slide because of the whole soul mate thing. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Giulia
I was ready to be disappointed, but it wasn't the case. I am glad to have discovered this series, it had a great start. Also, the other books seem to be better. *fingers crossed*
*Review to come!*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I picked this book up in a whim because I was bored with what I was reading at the moment and wanted something light, intriguing and with fantastical elements. And The Unearthly is just that. Laura Thalassa did
Kacie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
THOUGHTS:

This is one of those terrible books that we've all come across. And it always has these elements in it:

1. The most stupidest, insufferable main character that you could possibly imagine and that you repeatedly want to slap multiple times for their dumbass mistakes that even you can pick up from the start.

2. The worst love interest ever that's supposed to intrigue you but instead comes across as a jerk face. Even worse, this love interest is so cocky and arrogant he assumes girls want
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

First of all, I found it hard to read this book…it was HARD TO PUT DOWN! I started and finished reading it in ten hours. Would have been less if I didn’t need to eat, drink…breathe!

When I started reading it, I thought to myself: This sounds very much like Harry Potter. Orphan, check. Magical school, check. Two funny sidekicks, check. Main character clueless about own power, check. Only difference would be it’s about a teenage girl rather than a little boy.

Then as I rea
Lučka
3.5*

Almost a love triangle with the shapeshifter. Not as strong as her other books. Some good action. Some annoying characters. Kick ass h and alpha H.
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jul 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
So disappointed this was not even half as good as Mrs. Thalassa's other book The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1)....
Ashlee » Library In The Country
A fun and easy start to this series!

Laura Thalassa is one of my favorite authors and I’ve read most everything else by her. You can tell this is one of her early novels, as the themes are a little cliche and predictable, kind of a typical sort of YA PNR. BUT! I still enjoy her writing style and the characters she creates.

If you’ve read Laura’s Bargainer series, this series is set in the same world (the MC attends Peel Academy as well) and takes place before Callie and Des’ story. If you want mor
Mara
I was looking for a seriously good YA PNR book to read when I stumbled across Unearthly on Goodreads. I won’t lie I am a bit of a cover whore, so the first thing that drew me to this book was the beautiful front cover. People who say that books shouldn’t be judged by their covers need to make good covers, 99% of the time people will pick up the book if it looks appealing and they will only read it if it has a good blurb. This book had both, along with lots of 5 star reviews.

I can tell the autho
Lynn
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meh, super special snowflake teen goes to a boarding school for supernaturals and is mentored by a hot, rich, older vampire. The cover is pretty though.
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
Gabrielle is orphaned at a young age and can't remember much about her birth parents. When she gets accepted into a foreign boarding school as a "legacy", she can't help but think this will lead her to answers about who her parents were. She quickly discovers that the school is for supernaturals, and thus that she is one as well. Undergoing a process called the "Awakening" will activate her powers and determine what kind of supernatural she is. Her Awakening doesn't go as planned. She awakens 3 ...more
Brenda ✨Delirious, Disjointed, Digressive, and (highly) Dramatic Rambles✨
Re-read 16/05/2018
Because I'm clearly an idiot .

Because two years ago I have no idea what happened.
Why didn't I actually keep on reading the series? I can't remember.

Hence, idiot .

I mean, this book ends with a helluva cliffhanger, what's wrooooong with me?? How wasn't I curious?!?

So now, I'm happy to announce that I've finally gotten my head outta my *ss and that I'll read the entire series.
Because I worship Laura Thalassa, and what Laura Thalassa writes, I read.

And this particular one hap
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this is Laura's strong spot. She seriously kicks ass at urban fantasy! On to book 2!
Moon Love
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I'm already looking forward to reading the next book and hopefully getting more answers!
Nicole
I was pleasantly surprised by this. I have an especial weakness for books/series set in boarding schools/academies for the ‘talented’ eg Harry Potter, Vampire Academy and the Covenant series. And arriving at the secret location of Peel Academy felt a little like coming back to Hogwarts. Hoorah!

Surprisingly though, and I think this is a good thing, not much happens on the actual campus. There’s none of the boring routine of “I got up, went to class, it was super boring but I think the class hotti
Lady Entropy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
I HATE THE CONCEPT OF "THE VAMPIRE KING" AND I WOULD, IF I COULD, SET ON FIRE ANY AUTHOR WHO USED IT. I can deal with several vampire kings, but if they are not in their towers and castle and safe havens, plotting against their enemies, and, instead, have time to flirt with teenagers THEY DON'T DESERVE THE TITLE. And DEFINITELY I do not believe in a SINGLE VAMPIRE KING for the entire world. The world is too big a place. They'd never pull it off.

Ahem. Sorry about that.

This book is a horrible coll
Sunniva Dee
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just realized that I hadn't reviewed this awesome YA paranormal by Laura Thalassa. I was lucky enough to beta read it before it was published, and these are the six reasons why I read it in one sitting:

1) Andre. So.Freaking.Hot. His chemistry and passion with Gabrielle… awesome! Why am I so addicted to alpha males that rock in books?

2) Gabrielle. This is the first siren I’ve ever read about in a paranormal young adult book, and she’s just damn cool.

3) Gabrielle’s butt-kicking skills. It’s so r
Maria Kaye
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Omg reading the book description I just realised THIS IS BASED IN THE SAME WORLD AS RHAPSODIC?! Peel Academy for supernaturals makes an appearance omg! I doubt The Bargainer or Callie is in this book since it was released before that series. But omg is THE devil actually the love interest for this series 😱
D. King
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. Just wow! This book draws you in from the beginning and holds you there to the very end. Twists and turns galore! The story is fascinating, different, and will make you laugh out loud! Definitely recommend worthy!
Valerie (Howler_Puff)
This was better than I expected. Andre, oh Andre how you grew on me! I am really excited for the rest of the series!
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: amazon-freebie
Will be FREE on Amazon from July 24-28!! :D
India Leigh Reads
I should haven't started this book at 9pm. I totally intended to read for an hour or two tops- finished the book by 3am and was up for work at 7am. SO WORTH IT.

Gabrielle enrolls into Peel Academy, a supernatural boarding school. In a ritual called the awakening, which brings out the students supernatural abilities, Gabrielle dies. She later awakens in a morgue as a half vampire and siren with a soulmate. She is the first vampire ever born and takes up training by Andre de Leon, sexy badass vamp
Camila
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
ehhhhhhhhhh....

Alright if I’m being honest:

It wasn’t my favorite.
But I didn’t hate it either.

Gabrielle:
Sometimes being so naive can really put a damper to a story line.
VIGILANCE, young grasshopper.
COMPARTMENTALIZE!!!
Learn the facts before leaping off a massive cliff into the depths of false conclusions.
This is where I got bored. The teen angst was raging and I was yawning.
Her reactions just irked me sometimes.

Andre:
Fucking try, dude. Just try. She’s having a meltdown and you’re not trying h
Felicia
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty amazing! I L O V E books where the MC is a badass. And Gabrielle is definitely a badass. She takes no shit and doesn't let anyone push her around.

(view spoiler)
Ess
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have
This was very fast paced and didn't have a dull page let alone chapter.

Some of the chapters were written in the third person which i always love. I find it so limiting when its just the main characters point of view and it ends up feeling like your reading a diary instead of a book.

Gabrielle acts way beyond her 16 years but I think it's for the best as know one wants a whiny immature heroine especially an immortal one.

I thought Oliver was a great addition, I could imagine his flamboyant persona
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Hm. The heroine is actually kind of annoying, especially in the last 20% or so. I’m interested enough to continue though.
Shelly (vixenreads)
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, ebook
I enjoyed this book but felt there was just a little something missing between the two main characters...maybe their relationship was too rushed? I can't quite put my finger on it but I did enjoy book 1 & have immediately moved on to book 2. This story has a lot of potential so I'm hoping it gets better and better as it progresses.
Lina
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

The synopsis to this book is interesting but I enjoyed this read more than I thought I would. I was afraid that it'd be super YA and overly cute but I'm glad it was a fast, sexy and thrilling story.(view spoiler)

So at the very beginning maybe for like one chapter or two I wasn't liking Gabrielle, because I was getting the vi
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. PNR: Love triangle between Girl, Vampire, and Devil. [s] 9 123 Jan 16, 2019 07:38AM
ANY BOOKS SIMILAR TO THIS 3 22 Oct 11, 2014 02:11AM

• Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Chasing Dare (First Wave, #3)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • The Bittersweet Vine
  • In the Shadows (Lark, #2)
  • The Roads of Taryn MacTavish (Lords of Arcadia, #3)
  • Altered Selves
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Vall's Will
  • Broken Promise (The Denton Family Legacy, #1)
  • Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • The List Conspiracy (Wallis Jones, #1)
  • Papal Bull: An Ex-Catholic Calls Out the Catholic Church
  • The Book of Shade
  • Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven #2)
  • Song of the Sirens
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Unearthly (5 books)
  • The Coveted (The Unearthly, #2)
  • The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3)
  • The Forsaken (The Unearthly, #4)
  • The Damned (The Unearthly, #5)
“Seriously Gabrielle? Look who you’re talking to—I’m a gay fairy. I’m the world’s biggest cliché.” 24 likes
“God you are rude. No wonder you go through women. One hour with you, and they are probably begging to leave.” 22 likes