Start by marking “The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)

The Siege of Macindaw

(Ranger's Apprentice #6)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  47,032 ratings  ·  1,351 reviews
Now a full-fledged Ranger, Will must rescue his friend Alyss from a rogue knight and uncover vital information needed to ward off a Scotti invasion.
Published August 4th 2006 by Puffin Books (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Siege of Macindaw, please sign up.
Asteropê Someone numbered the wrong. They were going by chronological story-line, not the official publication order. I have edited and changed them to the…moreSomeone numbered the wrong. They were going by chronological story-line, not the official publication order. I have edited and changed them to the official, publication listing, which puts them as such:

5. The Sorcerer in the North (2006)
aka The Sorcerer of the North
6. The Siege of Macindaw (2009)
7. Erak's Ransom (2006)

Series can have listing that differ, to account for chronological story-lines, but as far as I know, the main, official series list should follow the official, publication order. (less)

Ahmad Sharabiani
The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6), John Flanagan
The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth book in the Ranger's Apprentice series by Australian author John Flanagan. The book was first published on 1 May 2007 in Australia and on 4 August 2009 in the United States.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: سی ام ماه نوامبر سال 2014 میلادی
عنوان: محاصره مکینداو - جنگاوران جوان: کتاب ششم؛ نویسنده: جان فلنگان؛ مترجم: فائزه اثناعشری؛ تهران، افق، 1393، در 405 ص؛ نقشه، شابک: 9786003530362؛ موضوع: داستانهان کودکان از نو
Kathleen
And thus the two-book adventure in wintry Norgate comes to a close. Fair winds to the Skandians, particularly Gundar Hardstriker. Farewell to the brilliant healer, the tender-hearted giant, the unpopular chamberlain. Au revoir to Horace and Alyss. We'll see you again, no doubt. Come visit me at Seacliff.

3.75 stars (good but too predictable). I rounded it up to 4 stars because it's such a heartwarming book, with a sweet finish. No sex, no cussing, but beware of some bloody battles and scary super
Rebecca
Dec 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-reads, fantasy
Ok so I gave this book one star because it was that bad. Really was it that bad? yes it was that bad and more.
I was so disappointed in this sixth book of the Ranger's Apprentice series! The first four books where so great and this one fell utterly short. I HAD hoped after reading the last book and being bored out of my mind that this next one would pick up a little, boy did it not.
Quiet frankly it got to be a chore reading it by the end of the book and I was jumping in my seat waiting to get do
Mike (the Paladin)
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've found these books to be sort of, "uneven". I liked the early books, but the sequence concerning Will's captivity lost me some what as I found my interest waning. A lot of this will of course be somewhat personal and subjective and apply to me, some will I suppose find it to be true for them others less so. I found my interest in this YA series picking back up somewhat in the last couple of books (aside from my annoyance at the blatant cliffhanger with which the book before this ended).

Let m
Dan
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Quite good!
Johanna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Yes, I actually read this book in one day … It’s rather surprising what you manage to read when you have neither a smartphone nor a computer at hand. xD
The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth book of the Ranger’s Apprentice series. It starts immediately after the ending of book five. Alyss is still stuck in Macindaw, Will is hiding with the ‘magician’ in the forest and Horace is making his way north. This is the culmination of everything that was started in the last book. The character threats and pl
∘☽ c a i s e e ☾∘
this one just didn't do it for me, I thought it was really disappointing after the first 5!! still good.... But just not as exciting as the previous books. hopefully the next one is better.
rachel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Siege of Macindaw was much better than The Sorcerer in the North. I was glad to have Horace back - his and Will's relationship (and banter!) is becoming one of my favourite part of the series. I liked seeing them work together without Halt or Crowley or any of the other mentors. And getting some Skandians back on the scene was fantastic. They always supply some comic relief and epic fight sequences.

Overall, a great sequel. I look forward to getting some answers in Erak's Ransom.
rissabean
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
They just keep getting better and better!!!!
Cordelianne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-library
The story was very well built up and I loved how Will and Horace managed to get back the castle by keeping a cool head and a very creative strategy!
C.B. Cook
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sadly lacking in Halt... but somehow still amazing!
Tricia Mingerink
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Also not my favorite of the series. Once again, Halt is only in it very briefly, and Tug is barely mentioned.
LORD90
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
روزگاری قلعه ای بود به نام مکینداو

بعد از ۲ سال تونستم جلد بعدی این مجموعه رو بخونم
داستان خیلی خوب و روون پیش میرفت و آخرش هم بخوبی تموم کرد
Edgar Arias
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
****spoiler Alert****

He's not resting until shes right next to his side and until he does hes going to do the impossible for her. This book is an adventure,action,type of story. i give this book a five out of five cause its so good.

This story takes place mainly in Macindaw the castle and also Grimsdell wood where it is in the woods. So when we left of Will made a promise to Alyss that he would save her and get her back. Will in needing of an army and does which he finds the skandians and offer
Lucy Ashton
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so great! I loved the humor in it. The ingenious ideas. The romance that finally starts to go somewhere a little bit. I loved the plot. The characters both old and new. And all of it. It’s just a great book. One of my all time favorites in the series.
Alexa
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! It's so cool to see Will on his own now, though I do miss Halt a lot :(. I kinda wish there had been more of him in the book, but I guess Will would never grow up then. *sigh*
Lexie
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 4-stars
7/10.
Tara Flynn
Jan 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
My favourite in the series. Probably the funniest.
Darien Rodgers
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal
I loved this book, it was filled with action, adventure, suspense and has a good sense of humor.
Irene
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Upper elementary and middle school readers; fans of fantasy
Shelves: children
Phleghm
Sep 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I will make this 'review' for this and the previous book, as they cannot be separated in any way. Story wise, ofcourse. Page wise, they obviously have been.

There are a few major complaints I have about this 5 year time skip. I generally love time skips. It moves a story forward, characters can develop in more drastic ways, a lot of things can change, and the need to adapt to the new setting is generally very enjoyable. But, this one annoyed me.

Will, as such, didn't change. One tiny bit. His skil
Marjolein
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Because of the Ranger's Apprentice Day I recently attended with my youngest sister (and the following meet-and-greet with the author) I decided it was time to read more books in the Ranger's Apprentice series and start where I left off.

The Siege of Macindaw is the sixth instalment of the series and forms one story together with the fifth book. The main thing happening in this book is the actual siege.

I was a little bit disappointed tha
Sionna
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Really love when Will and Horace get to work together. Also, the emotions are awesome-- like someone will snap at the other or say something out of jealousy and then apologize, recognizing that they messed up and shouldn't have done it AND then admit why, for the most part. It is nice to see guys in fiction showing emotions and taking responsibility for what they say, even in anger.
Michelle
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This an excellent series. I love the characters, especially how they have both good and bad aspects. Flanagan was very clever in how he incorporated passages to remind me of what happened in the previous book without being overt or repetitious. Hypnotism doesn't happen the way it was described. But, since this is a different world, perhaps it does in that world. :D
Omkar K.
This was a really good book, and I enjoyed until the very last page. It was full of twists and turns, and surprises. It also had a lot of emotion which helped you connect with the main character. Also it had action pretty much throughout the book, and it doesn't get boring. I would recommend this series to anyone who liked the Harry Potter, and the Percy Jackson series.
Hannah
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I am slowing down with this series and toying with the idea of handing them all off to my niblings without finishing the rest.

The middle school boys I taught this year were all over the books in this series, but while I love training-the-hero stories and especially fantasy without magic, I find myself wanting something a little more grown-up.
Cindy
3,5/5 Traag gestart met veel verwijzingen naar vorige boeken wat het voor ons wat saaier maakte want we lezen ze vlak na mekaar. Maar dan weer geweldige nevenpersonages, actie en spanning. Of zoals oudste zoon het zei: nog een hoofdstukje mama?! Dus met twee weer genoten en op naar deel 7!
Aaron Rooney
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this whole series, the characters were amazing and really made the story something special.
Thea
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, so after a few months, I finally chose to get back to this series again; figured I should finish the book since I was interrupted by the book's due date, hence why I couldn't complete it the first time. But now, I finished! Yay for me~ *small claps*

Let's begin!

Story:
The Siege of Macindaw begins where the previous installment of the series left off: Will and his friends find a way to take back Castle Macindaw and save Alyss.

That's it. That's the summary and the main point of this book XD

Si
stefanie
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
As a continuation of the story from the previous book, I don't think it really helped that I couldn't remember much about the Sorcerer of the North. I couldn't recognize a lot of names, and I barely remember the basic plot. It also didn't help that I rushed to finish the second half of the book, because I didn't have power at home and was losing light lol.
Even excluding that, I wasn't as much of a fan of this one as the previous, I had loved just seeing Will be in his quiet fief, but this book
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • Rage of Lions (Wereworld, #2)
  • Attack of the Fiend (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #4)
  • Apartment 255
  • The Angel of Evil (The Great Devil War #4)
  • The Squire's Quest (The Squire's Tales, #9)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2)
  • The Hidden Coronet (Relic Master, #3)
  • Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #5)
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)
  • Orphan of Destiny (The Youngest Templar, #3)

For mysteries by this same author, see John A. Flanagan.

John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. It wasn't until he wrote a highly uncomplimentary poem about a senior executive at the agency where he worked, however, that his talent was revealed. It

Ranger's Apprentice (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2)
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
  • The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9)
  • The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice, #10)
  • The Lost Stories (Ranger's Apprentice, #11)
“Any sign of them yet? he asked. Will looked at him. 'Yes', he said. 'A party of fifty Scotti came though just twenty minutes ago'.
Really? Horace looked startled. He wasn't fully awake yet. Will rolled his eyes to heaven. 'Oh, my word, yes', he said. 'They were riding on oxen and playing bagpipes and drums. Of course not,' he went on. 'If they had come past, I would have woken you-if only to stop your snoring'.
I don't snore', Horace said, with dignity. Will raised his eyebrows. 'Is that so?' he said. 'Then in that case, you'd better chase out that colony of walruses who are in the tent with you...of course you snore.”
324 likes
“Will looked up angrily, shaking his head in disbelief.
Will you shut up? he said tautly.
Horace shrugged in apology. 'I'm sorry' he said, I sneezed. A person can't help it when they sneeze.
Perhaps not. But you could try to make it sound a little less like an elephant trumpeting in agony; Will told him. ”
265 likes