Start by marking “Do You Remember?” as Want to Read:
Do You Remember?

Do You Remember?

First Love. First Loss. Last chance?

2005 was the most traumatic year of Emma Barron’s life. It was the year her mother died and the year she met Guy Duval. Eight years on, she’s an English teacher with a doting boyfriend and a young son. Life’s been hard but now it’s comfortable. She’s settled and content…so why would she risk it all for another chance with the man that br
Published July 25th 2013 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Do You Remember?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Remember?

Start your review of Do You Remember?
*Ritzrenee*
Apr 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF...
I was really bored

On top of being busy lately which explains the long reading time, this book could not capture my attention. It was meh... I should have stopped reading way earlier on!
Melanie
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shortly after the death of her Mother, Emma and her Father go on holiday to France. Whilst there, she meets Guy Duval, a local French boy who works on site. Emma’s convinced he couldn’t possilbly be interested in a bookworm like her when there are far prettier girls around, but he slowly shows her that she is the one he wants and they embark on a teenage romance.

Guy leads a troubled life and is determined to do his best for his baby Brother, to keep him out of harm’s way and give him a good life
Georgina
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession to make. I have never picked up and read a Mandy Baggot book. Her books have always intrigued me but I have just never gotten around to reading one. Well lets just say that will all change now that I have devoured Do You Remember, as I cannot wait to read more from Mandy Baggot.

Do You Remember? is such a emotional romance story that had beautiful and also heart wrenching moments throughout. I really enjoyed the romance in this book, all the way through I found myself wanting
Nikki Bywater
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Emma Barron goes on holiday with her father to France not long after the death of her mother, the last thing she expects to have is an holiday romance with the handsome Guy Duval. Things move fast for the teens and they find themselves falling in love. But when Emma feels Guy lets her down badly their love is left shattered and broken.

Eight years later and Emma is now in a relationship with Chris who wants to marry her and take on her son Dominic as his own. A chance meeting with Guy Duval
Linn Halton
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My goodness! There were times I was literally holding my breath, times when I was suddenly VERY hot and times when I wanted to shake a few people. Mandy Baggot has done it again and created in the leading characters, Emma and Guy, two people you can empathise and sympathise with for all sorts of reasons. The unfairness of life sometimes, the way people can interfere and make things needlessly complicated and the way the path we travel isn’t always supposed to be a straight one. Guy is another Ma ...more
Carol W
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Emma is just 16 when she meets Guy on a French holiday with her father and sister. First holiday romance, first love.

Fast forward to 2005 and Emma is a single parent to Dominic, teaching and fending off marriage proposals from her boyfriend.

A twist of fate and a chance meeting with Guy in 2005 is going to turn Emma's comfortable life upside down and bring back feelings she thought were long gone. Should she revisit those teenage feelings or stay in 2005?

Mandy Baggot really knows how to set the
Sue
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book of two stories that belong to one couple. An emotional read that is very evocative of first love between teenagers and how circumstances push them apart. The present day story has all the factors of how complicated adult life and love can be. Merge these two themes together and you have Do You Remember?

The past and present run parallel throughout the story, little by little revealing the secrets of the past and how these have impacted on the present day. Full of emotion, turmoil and passi
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Do You Remember? Mandy Baggot.
ARC supplied by Netgalley.

I've read several of Mandy's book now and enjoyed them all. She has an easy writing style which makes is simple for the reader to just relax and let the story enfold them. Her characters are always ones I can empathise with and that's very important to me. This book I really liked Emma, she had a tough teen time with her mum dying of cancer. That's hard for anyone, but for a teen its even more difficult, teen years are so emotional and il
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Actual rating 4.5

When I got approached to host a stop on the tour for this book I wasn't so sure. I'm not really a fan of descriptions that start off with 'the death of a family member' thing or footballers for that matter. But when I saw it was published by Harper Impulse I went straight to NetGalley to see if it was available as having read nearly all of their other releases (which I loved), I decided to give it a chance as their NA romances have been great so far.

This book was not what I e
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading the blurb for this, I really liked the sound of it, so a big thank you to HarperImpulse for allowing me to review.

This novel starts in 2005; a year that was extremely traumatic for Emma having just lost her Mother. Emma and her Dad, Mike are grieving so they have gone on holiday to France to try and escape the painful memories of her.

This is where Emma meets Guy. Guy is drop dead gorgeous and the fact that he's french definitely adds to his appeal. Emma can't stop looking at him, b
Tanya Farrell
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all I would like to say congratulations and happy release day to Mandy Baggot. Do You Remember? is the latest release for Mandy (available from today) and I have to give it my full endorsement. I started reading yesterday and have just finished and I loved every minute of it.

It is almost like two stories in one. We are going through Emma and Guy’s present situation while learning at the same time of what happened in that summer back in 2005 when the pair first fell in love.

We all have t
Sabriena
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it

Do You Remember by Mandy Baggot was a true romance book through and through. There was a little bit other than the romance but that also revolved around the romance and spun nicely into a romantic web. Most of Do You Remember was of Emma and Guy thinking back to how it was when they first met and the love that they shared in their short two weeks on vacation. She was the shy bookworm and he was the 'campsite hottie' that every girl wanted. There was much deeper issues at hand though. Emma ha
Kate’s Book Spot
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I’d like to thank the author for sending me this eBook to read and give an honest review. If you’re a regular reader of my blog then you’ll know just how much I enjoy Mandy’s books and this was no exception, I was captivated by Emma and Guy’s story and read it from start to finish in just a few hours (it was a very late night for me :)). I couldn’t stop reading, I simply had to know what happened in 2005 to cause so much heartache!

The story began in France with a lovely encounter between
Lisa
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First I need to start off by thanking the wonderful Mandy Baggot for gifting me with the first paperback copy of Do You Remember? and signing it for me - I am truly honoured!

Do You Remember? is a wonderful romace story. 16 year old Emma is holidaying in France with her father after the death of her mother. There she meets, and falls head over heels in love with Guy, a French boy with dreams of becoming the next big footballer, and escaping a life of misery with an alcoholic mother, and rescuing
Nina
I received an e-copy of this from Harper Collins UK, Harper Impulse through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was so intrigued by the blurb of this one. What really had happen that day between Guy and Emma? As the story went on, the picture slowly became clearer and clearer. I was sort of expecting something worst but thank goodness, it wasn't like that. Still, it was bad enough. Especially for the both of them.

I'm not really a fan of summer flings or vacation flings or holiday flings
Stephanie
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Check out my post as part of Mandy Baggot's blog tour! http://stephinlondon.com/2013/09/13/d...

This was my first read from the new HarperCollins imprint, Harper Impulse. It certainly won’t be my last. When I signed up for the book tour, I was intrigued by the blurb and genuinely wanted to know “what really happened on 5 September 2005.”

Mandy Baggot, a well published writer, gives us characters that you can’t help but love or hate and a love story that makes you swoon. She goes in-depth with Emma
Katey Lovell
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Harper Impulse are fast becoming one of my favourite romance publishers. They manage to offer a wide variety of books within the genre, and I'm yet to be disappointed!

Do You Remember? is a story of the all encompassing nature of first love. Set in France in 2005,the book follows the relationship between Emma, who has recently lost her mother and Guy. They are swept away by their feelings for each other, falling quickly and deeply. However, love rarely runs smoothly and Emma returns home from her
Heidi
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emma embarks on a holiday romance with Guy whilst holidaying on a campsite in France. Eight years later, the two meet again. Can the old flame be rekindled or has too much happened in the past?

This is the second Mandy Baggot book I’ve read and what can I say? She goes from strength to strength!!

Do You Remember is made up of two intertwining storylines that jump between the past and the present. This is such a teasing and intriguing way to unravel the novel. I couldn’t wait to find out what exact
Jane Hunt
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Do You Remember? by Mandy Baggot

Do You Remember? is a poignant beautifully written romance which held my interest from the first page.

A story of first love reveals a labyrinth of despair and hope.I like the way past events are threaded into the story enhancing their impact. A definite page turner.The plot is absorbing and full of twists and surprises.

Emma is the girl next door whose life is disrupted by personal tragedy. She could be you or me except she hides a life changing secret.

Guy is more than the alpha hero who stor
Samantha
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first of Mandy’s books I have read and I was lucky enough to be part of the blog tour for this book.

This is an emotional romantic story, normally I do not enjoy books that begin with heartache due to relatives/friends passing away as I find them depressing reads and hard to get into. This was not one of these books, right from the start it was a page turner and I did not want to put it down.

The story is set in the past and the present; Baggot cleverly makes the story flow between th
Lynn Marie Hulsman
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first thing that I liked about this book was the time period and age of the couple in love in the flashback scenes. It may not even be fair to call them flashbacks... The past and the present are really stories that run parallel to one another in a very satisfying way. The feeling of being a teenager in love punched me in the gut and took me back to a time when being in love was unreasonable, all-encompassing, and life-or-death.

As a grown-up mother, I suffered along with the heroine in the
Joy Cobb
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of Mandy's books and have read them all in a short period of time. Do you Remember was fabulous, I read it very quickly as I was hooked and could not put the book down. When the end came it was such a surprise and I thank Mandy for such a great ending. Mandy's talent to write these stories is great and I will look forward to reading her future books. Buy this book, you will love it!
Moon Love
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full review to come later!
Emma Appleton
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, i read it in a day and couldn't put it down. Written in a lively and fluent way it took me back to living in france in when i was 18. But no Guy unfortunately!
Maureen Reil
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes in life, there is a love between two people so strong that it won’t let you forget and let you travel on separate paths to continue with the lives you’ve created for yourselves no matter how deep the hurt, or how many people will be affected by a romance rekindled and remembered. Or even with the threat of sordid facts re-surfacing to reveal the many secrets and lies that are bound to come out, which were keeping them apart in the first place. It was simply meant to be and written in t ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant book by Mandy Baggot. I was hooked right from the start, and barely put my kindle down until I had completed reading this wonderful story. It was a very enjoyable read, and all I wanted to know was what happened between Emma and Guy in the past.

Eight years ago, Emma was on holiday on a campsite in France, while grieving for her recently deceased mother, she meets Guy Duval. They have an intense romance until he breaks her heart.

Fast forward Eight years, and Emma is an English
Amy
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Seven years ago, Emma Barron's life gave her her most heartbreaking times and the greatest joy she could have imagined.

Today, she's made peace with what happened at a French campground those years ago, as she and her father grieved her mother's death and she found love with Guy Duval, a promising football (that's soccer to some of you) player. She also found herself with a son, after she found Guy in a state of undress with another lover.

Emma's nicely crafted life faces some upheaval, though, wh
Lindsay
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first of Mandy Baggot's novels that I'd read and to be honest, it was not what I expected it was much better. And yes Mandy...I think we all remember even if we'd like to forget!

Set in the present day and in 2005 the whole book is twists and turns of what happened in Guy's past, what happened in Emma's past - both of them not knowing each others secrets and how this will affect their future. This is compulsive reading as you just have to find out. The last few chapters I just raced
Janice Horton
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this book. Not only is it expertly written by Mandy Baggot, whom in my opinion has become one of the top writers in the UK in this genre, the characters are emotive, the tension and the suspense and the love scenes are breath-taking and kept me riveted. I particularly enjoyed how the story was told - alternating between the past and the present - and I have to say that I was shocked by the final chapters. I just didn't see the plot twists coming. This novel is a multi-layered ...more
Natalie TBGWP
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Mandy Baggott has some serious imagination and story telling skills let me tell you. Remember Me absolutely stunned me not once, not twice, but three times! I mean seriously shocked, stunned! My head was everywhere. We all know that when books do this to us, then they deserve to be shouted about and recommended to every single reader available for us to tell.

I won't give no second blurb, no character references just my word that this is one amazing story and I urge you all to go get a copy
I need help to find this book pleaseee!!!! 1 2 Jul 01, 2017 06:34AM

• Total Blackout: A gripping, breathtaking, fast-paced SAS action adventure thriller you won’t be able to put down (A Jack Tate SAS Thriller, Book 1)
  • In a Holidaze
  • Our Story
  • Stuck On You
  • One More for Christmas
  • The Story Of Us
  • The Christmas Backup Plan (Twilight, Texas, #11)
  • The Little Bookshop of Love Stories
  • The Last Charm
  • All About Us
Mandy Baggot is an international bestselling and award-winning romance writer.

The winner of the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance, her romantic comedy novel, One Wish in Manhattan, was also shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists’ Association Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year award in 2016.

Mandy loves the Greek island of Corfu, white wine, country music and handba

News & Interviews