Start by marking “Live Your Truth” as Want to Read:
Live Your Truth

Live Your Truth

We don't stumble accidentally into an amazing life. It takes a conscious commitment to figuring out what we stand for - finding our truth. It begins by looking inside ourselves, because when it rises from within, we have no choice but to express it, to live it. That is when magic happens: fulfillment, happiness, relationships and success. The question is: How? With meditat ...more
Published July 7th 2013 by Kamal Ravikant (first published June 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Live Your Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Your Truth

Start your review of Live Your Truth
Dawn
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Live Your Truth" is a a book that touches the soul. Kamal Ravikant's first book, "Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It" brings the reader from a place of difficulty showing the endless beauty life holds. Kamal explains that when you practice loving and appreciating yourself, you open yourself up to the incredible magic of the universe.

Although reading "Love Yourself" isn't necessary before reading "Live Your Truth," "Live Your Truth" picks up where "Love Yourself" left off--with the "Now
Sae
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me at the beginning of a difficult time (by someone I did not know well).... little did I know that life was going to get even harder and still is. I have just finished this book and I too will purchase it and pass it on to others. It reminds you why you are on this earth and how to live "your own truth." It might be a book I reread each year before January 1st. It's a reminder why we are here on earth, whether our time here is short or long. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!
Chrysa Nez
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"There is no should. There only is. And when you accept that, letting the emotion rise, the feeling crest and crash, say to it, “it’s ok. I accept you.” Even say to it, “I love you.” There is power there. There is freedom."

I love this one. But to be honest I feel like there were so many things to quote from this book, just one doesn't manage to crystallise the whole essence of it. The words in this book spoke volumes to me, and as I happen to have read it at a personally diffic
Nimai
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Biggest takeaway for me: find your truth - dig deep and discover your inner self and live it.
melissa
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changed my life literally

I chose this book because I had previously read "love yourself like your life depends on it" and was deeply touched . I couldn't get enough of the feeling I felt when I read that book so I purchased this one as well. I was deeply amazed by the simple message this book sends . You must honest and vulnerable with yourself to make magic happen . I will definitely remember this book for the rest of my life.
Steve
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very poetic, simple book that is perhaps best read a chapter at a time for full reflection. I appreciated the succinct and direct musings on life, perception, and the purpose we each discover in ourselves. Each reflection offers a new morsel to digest, and points to how we might see the world differently, discover our personal truth (i.e. that which would truly set us free to be our best), and live it fully.
Allison
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read and compliment to Loving Yourself. Thought provoking, insuring and a pleasure to read!
John Siden
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book.A quick read.Very inspiring .Gives one much to think about .
Rajiv
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
The main message here is finding and living my own truth. Writer have put words in a way as if it's happening in real time.
Rohit Katyal
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
good book, I really like kamals style and message
Gurjit
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
a very simple read but gives you a lot to learn from.
Carole Scott's Kindle
Just what I was wanting to read

I happened upon this book by scrolling down on Amazon and choosing it from the “Other Readers who read this book, read these as well” section. I have been working on myself, my life and the nit picky voices in my head for over 2 years now. One day, it all clicked, and I have never been the same. Now, I read “Self Help” and “ Enlightenment” books like crazy. It’s like I’m Neo in The Matrix and I am learning tons of life truisms as he was learning Kung Fu and ho
Dre
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed.

Things haven't really been going my way and I was caught in the same mental loop for a few weeks. I read Love Yourself for a second time but had trouble applying it. I realized that I was rejecting myself and what happened to me, instead of letting it pass through and learning from it. Once I put it on paper, I felt lifted. Failure is the ultimate character building and I bombed it pretty bad. Despite that, I feel like I actually had a real look at myself for the first time
Robert
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Live Your Truth is a feel good book with plenty of short, punchy examples from Kamal's life. The basic concept of living your truth is based on finding your truth, and while there are a few sentences on how to find your truth, this key step is largely left to the reader to discover. If you already know your truth, then this book is an admonition to just live it already!

Despite a lack of depth in assisting the reader with methods to find his/her truth, I liked this book. It was filled with poign
Leonie
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully inspiring

Simple words, simple idea, beautifully packaged. This book gives you an amazing insight into what it takes to find and live YOUR truth. Its not a workbook, its not a How To, its Jamal sharing his story in a bid to inspire and ignite others on their own self discovery path. Beautiful read. Its short; read it. Lap it up. Highlight the good bits, there are many.
Elisabeth
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
A total knock off of „Love yourself like your life depends on it“
First off he starts with telling how amazing his first book was (and keeps repeating it a couple of times) and he pretty much repeats everything he already said before.
Those tipps might be really useful and nice but if you read the first book it‘s not really anything special or new.
Alexis
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad book but pretty generalized statements to be honest. I can see it helping people that deny the life they want to live. The part that I really liked was talking about how we are not the results of something we are the effort. When we work hard at something no matter the outcome that's what defines us not the end results
Lydia Plum
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was reading this at the same time as The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, and I couldn't decide which was better! I was also going through a rough patch at the time and badly needed a period of soul-searching. This was the perfect book, I have read it four times and it's still great. Thanks Kamal!
Giovanni
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to Kamal through this book, and all I can say is that I'm definitely going to pick up "Love yourself like your life depends on it", and read "Live your Truth" for yourself. This is a small book but made an enormous impact in my life.
Clifford Bell
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read for those in need of some inspiration

This and love yourself were very helpful to me this year in learning to... love myself, learning to let things go and doing what makes me happy.
Joan Roberson
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply put

I have read or heard a lot of these ideas before, but your delivery was very simple, and somehow drew all the thoughts together in a very digestible " meal." Thanks for your openness.
Tynan Watson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I wanted to dive in, but I found his writing too self indulgent. His message sometimes resonated, and reading about his life was cool-ish, but I just wish he didn’t go on and on about how awesome he was all the time.
LAKIA
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eye opener

This book helps you understand that it’s ok to live your truth what ever it may be. I resonated with the writer and how he went through certain situations. Quick and great read.
Brian Jones
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Exceptional

This is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. It made me think, it made me imagine, it made me daydream, It made me smile it absolutely made me do a little bit of everything and feel a little bit of everything
Danette Patrick
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an aspiring writer, I'm deeply inspired

I like this book for it is very simple and easy to go along with.

This is his second book and after I finished it I immediately brought the first book to see more of his works!
Krishna Tummeti
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Simple read. Nothing profound as the title suggests. In my case, it was the wisdom I learned in the past, (like getting over your fear, small steps, etc) put in a new context/words. Maybe it would be more profound to you.
John allen
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Simple insights on life, decliutter your life and love yourself ,john lennon wrote all you need is love, he was so right
Adam Becker
Not bad

Expected a little more. Nothing earth shattering here. I have read similar ideas before. Sent see anything new here. Ok.
MARITA ANINGWU
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written

Interesting book. Full of deep thoughtful insights on life.
So much advice on what is important in life.Amazing book. thank you for sharing this with the world
Ryan
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Though short, it really makes you think. Well worth the read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
  • Reinvent Yourself
  • The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms
  • How to Fight a Hydra: Face Your Fears, Pursue Your Ambitions, and Become the Hero You Are Destined to Be
  • A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
  • The Choose Yourself Guide To Wealth
  • The Minimalist Budget: A Practical Guide on How to Save Money, Spend Less and Live More with a Minimalist Lifestyle
  • #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
  • The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health, and Boundless Energy
  • Bang: More Lays in 60 Days
  • Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food
  • It's Not All About Me: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone
  • Naval Ravikant Quotes: Life wisdom from one of the most influential angels in silicon valley
  • Early Retirement Extreme: A Philosophical and Practical Guide to Financial Independence
  • Superhuman by Habit: A Guide to Becoming the Best Possible Version of Yourself, One Tiny Habit at a Time
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • Superhuman Social Skills: A Guide to Being Likeable, Winning Friends, and Building Your Social Circle
  • The Money Diet - revised and updated: The ultimate guide to shedding pounds off your bills and saving money on everything!
I've been fortunate enough to have some amazing experiences in my life so far. I've trekked to one of the highest base camps in the Himalayas, meditated with Tibetan monks in the Dalai Lama's monastery, earned my US Army Infantry patch, walked 550 miles across Spain, lived in Paris, been the only non-black, non-woman member of the Black Women's writers' group, written a novel, held the hands of dy ...more
“I promise you that the same stuff galaxies are made of, you are. The same energy that swings planets around stars makes electrons dance in your heart. It is in you, outside you, you are it. It is beautiful. Trust in this. And you your life will be grand.” 62 likes
“The things I carry are my thoughts. That's it. They are the only weight. My thoughts determine whether I am free and light or burdened.” 39 likes