Start by marking “Nose, Legs, Body! Know Wine Like the Back of Your Hand” as Want to Read:
Nose, Legs, Body! Know Wine Like the Back of Your Hand

Nose, Legs, Body! Know Wine Like the Back of Your Hand

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Wine should enhance life, not complicate it. But you stress at reading a wine list, right? And it sounds like a different language when people talk about wine, doesn't it? That's how wine columnist Len Napolitano felt when he was a self-conscious wine amateur until he cut through a web of peculiar wine terms and complex subjects and transitioned into a practical wine profe ...more
Published July 1st 2013 by Wineology Press (first published June 15th 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Nose, Legs, Body! Know Wine Like the Back of Your Hand

Darren
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is still a lot of mystery, ignorance and fear about wine. Some of it is no doubt still maintained by those with various vested interests. This can act as a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy as the uncertain become even more uncertain about the strange language employed, the wide range of prices and the elitist air that still follows wine about.

All of this for what is effectively a bottle of coloured, flavoured liquid. Maybe this book will help more people get a foothold on the wine ladder
Amy
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great quick overview to understand wine. I learned that I mostly like blends, wonder why? I liked the exercises at the end of each chapter that help you to understand win differences better. Thanks Goodreads and Wineology Publishing... I was a First Reads Goodreads winner.
Brandy
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I was really expecting more of a reference book, but it turned into a legitimately learning experience. It feels like I'm more than qualified to spout off a mini lesson when I drink wine with my friends :)
Melody
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book through goodreads givaways. I really enjoyed reading this book helped me understand different wines.
Sarabjit
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: already-finished
I received this book through goodreads givaways as "first reads winner".I enjoyed this quick and easy read book about wine.A very informative book for newbie like me.
ceaser g. pitta md
Nice read

Great book for beginners. Concise, knowledgeable and a very easy read. Gives a good basis to start exploring the world of wine appreciation
Franklin Liquors
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great Wine Read. Many points on wine that are helpful.
What I agree with most is when Len said "the more you discover about wine the more there is to know"
Alex
Emily Webb
Mysterium
Jenna
Oct 21, 2013
  • Grow More With Less: Sustainable Garden Methods: Less Water - Less Work - Less Money
  • Life Between the Tigers (2nd edition): Zen Wisdom in Everyday English
  • The Four Virtues: Presence, Heart, Wisdom, Creation
  • Maui Meditations
  • The Monkey's Other Paw: Revived Classic Stories of Dread and the Dead
  • The Witch's Get
  • Practically Raw Desserts: Flexible Recipes for All-Natural Sweets and Treats
  • Wake Up and Smell the Dirty Diapers: Stories for Tired Parents
  • The Aurora Affair
  • The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia of Magical Plants, Revised: A Practical Guide to Creating Healing, Protection, and Prosperity using Plants, Herbs, and Flowers
  • The Boat Thief (Fisher Shoemaker Adventures, #1)
  • Real Dirt: An Ex-Industrial Farmer's Guide to Sustainable Eating
  • The Secret Missing Links of the Law of Attraction.: The Habits That Keep You Poor and a Step by Step Guide to Conquer Them and Get the Life You Rightly Deserve ...
  • Astral Messages
  • The 30 minute Wine Expert: Amaze your friends With Your Wine Expertise
  • Yogaminute
  • The Yoga-Body Cleanse: A 7-Day Ayurvedic Detox to Rejuvenate Your Body and Calm Your Mind
  • Strange Powers, Stranger Places
1 follower
Having Italian ancestry, maybe it was inevitable that one day I would be immersed in the subject of wine. But it wasn't a typical journey getting here. I was born in an Italian section of Brooklyn, N.Y. and raised in a middle-class, blue-collar New York City "bedroom community" on suburban Long Island. Although a one-gallon jug of red wine was a permanent fixture in the refrigerator, my neighborho ...more
More about Len Napolitano