Start by marking “A Higher Voice” as Want to Read:
A Higher Voice

A Higher Voice

Legendary rock singer Britt Jordan is at the pinnacle of his career-at least as far as the world knows. But Britt's voice is failing and a terrible event in his past haunts him every moment. He thinks that his life is a hopeless shipwreck...until the night he is stopped dead in his tracks by a woman's smile. With the same determination that propelled him to stardom, he ...more
Published June 14th 2013 by Wisdom House Books

To ask other readers questions about A Higher Voice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Higher Voice

Start your review of A Higher Voice
Carrie Williams
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished "A Higher Voice," (stayed up until midnight!), and am so grateful to have been along for the ride with these characters. From the very first pages, I felt integrated into the lives of the central characters, Britt and Dena. It's the type of story where I found myself wondering, "Hmm, I wonder what's happening with Britt and Dena?" when I was away from the book. It is clear that the author demonstrates great care for her characters and the flow of the story as well. What a ...more
Melanie Adkins
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Britt Jordan wasn't sure what was wrong or how to stop it. He did know he felt out of control. He felt lost and unsure. Then he met Dena Martin. Her smile stunned him. Her laughter was music like he'd never heard before. All Britt knew for sure after meeting Dena was that he never wanted to let her go. Their biggest problems came from Britt's rock star lifestyle. How would their lives meld? Neither was sure but they couldn't wait to begin that life together.

Romance. Tenderness. Devotion. Each
Amanda
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
From the first page I was rooting for Ms. Haymore's characters Britt and Dena. With great care she writes their stories and the scenery around them perfectly. Britt is likable - he is a master of his career, he hasn't lost touch with reality and reads like a man any of us could know. Dena is charming, a strong mother with unfortunate drama in her life. She is patient, kind and loving - almost to a fault.

After reading several shorter novellas this one was a bit harder for me to get through. It is
Beth
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"A Higher Voice" is a love story in every sense of the word and the Author's main character, Britt Jordan, exemplifies that love story in every part of his life. From his passion for his music to his lasting love for Dena and her daughter Bonnie, Britt's love story starts on page one and never diminishes or ends until the reader has finished the last page.

Britt's journey to discover who he is keeps the reader wanting more and also proves that the author, Sheri Wren Haymore, is wise beyond her
Vianey
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
From the beginning I'm entirely into the book, the two main characters Dena and Britt are well developed and you get to know more about them as the story goes on they are very enjoyable characters. It was such a page turner, each page had a little surprised and I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next. It was very well written and I loved the characters. It had a good story line and felt sad to finish it but it was an amazing ending. I highly recommended it. I am so glad I received ...more
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect when I began reading Sheri Wren Haymore's A Higher Voice, and the author kept me guessing and surprised throughout the novel. Britt, the main character, is very complex and extremely unpredictable. Part love story and part mystery, A Higher Voice is wholly about soul searching and understanding oneself and the ones we love. I should have seen the ending coming, but I did not. A very good read.
Meg
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, prolific story filled with flamboyant characters that grab you and pull you straight into a plot full of twists and turns. Filled with mystery, mayhem, excitement, jealousy, love, laughter; more than sufficiently covering all the emotions a great, all-night page turner should bring!
Michelle Willms
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A Higher Voice by Sheri Wren Haymore
Britt Jordan is a famous rock singer. He’s been a hit for more than 20 years. Lately, though, he’s had some issues. He’s hearing overwhelmingly loud noises in his head and feels excruciating nausea. Nothing seems to quiet the noise or calm the sickness except dumping ice water over his head – complete pitchers of ice water. Nothing that is, until he meets Dena Martin.
Dena is the owner of a small-town newspaper and the mother of a 12-year-old daughter. The
Christine Gardner
This book was enjoyable. I like the concept of the story and found myself engaged in Britt's story.
My few criticisms are that I thought Britt's erratic behavior was confusing at times and found myself re-reading paragraphs to try to understand what was happening. I also kept waiting for something really tragic to happen or prolonged nail biting moments based on the build up but all crisis's were over fairly quick. More could have been done using Phillip and Lori's characters. Their stories
Renee
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

I thought A Higher Voice was a good read. It was pretty enjoyable and I liked Britt's story. Aside from the underlying messages about Dena and her beliefs I found her likeable. I was really engaged in Britt's storyline. It was a different type of book with a star who was not typical. It was hard to imagine Britt falling for Dena and how they stayed together was a positive aspect. He really evolved and learned a lot about himself. Very refreshing.

There was a lot to like about this book and I
Adrienne Woods
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this copy by the publisher for my honest review.

I liked The Higher voice. It's a debut novel of Sheri Wren Haymore.
I love the concept, Britt, a superstar musician and the good woman, Dena, who in so many ways becomes his only way of existing.
There is plenty of conflict, inner and outer, on every page of this story which makes it a good book to read.
I loved Britt and Dena, I thought they were really amazing, developed, characters and connected to them easily.
The plot was good, enjoyed
MJH
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
While I do like a rock star book I am not a big fan of Christian romance, but this book kept me turning the pages. Loved the characters and how they interacted and although there was a fair bit of stretching credibility with the explosions and drug planting, I still liked the characters and was sorry when it ended.
Book-shelf Shelf
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
A funny story of Britt, a highly famous rock star who meets Dena and marries her. The story follows the characters through the fall of Britt's career due to his voice being destroyed over the years. But Dena is not only his sole-mate but also his muse who un-knowingly helps him live his unrealized dreams.
Brilliant descriptions and a true love story.
Julie
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won/received this through Goodreads.

I really enjoyed this book. I found it engaging and I enjoyed the ride! I was wrapped up in it from the beginning and found myself unable to put it down! It read rather quickly even though it was a pretty thick book lol. Great story, likeable characters! Part love story, part mystery--- entirely great!
Doris Raines
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This. Is. A. Nice. Book. Little. Confuseing. But. Nice.
Elizabeth Westmark
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading A Higher Voice by Sheri Wren Haymore. What a great book. Turns on its head what I thought Christian fiction would be like. Classic mystery thriller with a twist. Buy it!
Dorothy Hall
Aug 20, 2013
Debs Harrison
Jan 03, 2014
Laurie Reilly
rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2013
Indie Authors & F...: Romance/Suspense eBook Sale! 1 2 Feb 10, 2014 07:57PM
The Mystery, Crim...: Thriller eBook Sale! 1 7 Feb 10, 2014 07:52PM
Making Connections: Romance/Thriller eBook Sale! 1 6 Feb 10, 2014 07:49PM
Making Connections: Thriller/Romance eBook Sale! 1 5 Feb 10, 2014 07:46PM
I am perfectly flawed and I believe the best stories aren’t about perfect people. The best stories are about what happens when you back a flawed person into a corner.

I like to unravel a character until I get at the story he really wants to tell me. The story might leave us a little grimy in the telling, but we’ll find out just what he’ll risk everything for. We’ll find out whether he’s willing to