Start by marking “Rebels Divided (Rebel #3)” as Want to Read:
Rebels Divided (Rebel #3)

Read Book

Rebels Divided (Rebel #3)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Annabelle and sister kidnapped by warlord … Geo’s father killed by warlord … Annabelle and Geo meet as enemies … can they help each other?

“An action-packed love story with even more twists and turns than its prequel.” – Kirkus Reviews

Annabelle Scott and Geo Shaw first meet as enemies. She has him in her sights and doesn’t shoot, which baffles them both.

Perfect for fans of
Published June 12th 2013 by Finlee Augare Books

To ask other readers questions about Rebels Divided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebels Divided

Amanda
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, ya
I loved this book as much as the first, despite some issues I had with the ending.

This book takes place three years after the end of the first book. Annabelle is a mech, an elite female warrior who is charged with protecting the border, rounding up boys and enforcing regulations.
This book also lends more insight into the “Second American Civil War”.

As with the first book, this absolutely fascinates me. “When the Progressive Reunion seized power, men got suckered into supporting the Patriots; th
Charlie
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Annabelle has grown up in a world where females have weeded out the men and boys from their society and their lives. Her adopted mother, a Tenn-tucky state senator, still remembers the husband and son she sent into the Outlands to protect. Annabelle has grown up believing her brother George is a monstrosity of a boy.

This novel picks up three years after the ending of The Rebel Within (read my review here). Annabelle is still paired with Dara in the Mechanized Female Warriors, and still is tryin
Sadrina
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviews, young-adult
For the nth time in my life, I read a book cover to cover, only to realise that it is NOT the first book in a series. I am banging my head on the desk right now. Seriously. No wonder chunks of the book makes zero sense to me.

Which brings me to the first thing I had wanted to point out before the penny dropped ─ nothing makes sense at all for the first half of the book. Unless you have read The Rebel Within, the first book in the series, before you jump into this one. I am not one of those people
Art
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Again, I'm not going to give a summary; others do that more effectively. Instead, I'd like to say that I enjoyed Lance Erlick's "Rebels Divided" much more than its prequel.
Erlick's action has tightened up, the speeches are more succinct and his characters are deeper and more developed. As well, he has included more sensory descriptions, which increased my enjoyment. With a more complex vocabulary, it also allowed the characters to become more mature.
Well done, Lance! I'm looking forward to comi
Randy
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicely paced SF novel with more than a few twists to keep the reader wondering.

it's a future world after a second civil war. The story is concentrated between two sides. Tenn-Tucky, the merging of the two states where women control things and have driven most men out. The few left are virtually slave labor. Appalachia, concentrate in Biltmoor where it's mostly men.

As with most political groups, corruption reigns and what the regular folks want is not even considered.

In this environment comes two
Tasha
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rebels Divided is the follow up to The Rebels Within. However, this book can definitely be a stand alone. What was most notable for me were the action scenes. I couldn't put the book down because of them.

Overall, the premise of the book is intriguing (would have loved to see more homosexual and heterosexual tendencies within both societies). The world building was fantastic, and I really enjoyed the characters and their development within the book.

I look forward to reading other works by Erlic
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
DNF @37%

*Book source ~ NetGalley

I have no idea wtf is going on in this YA Dystopian story. It doesn’t help that the writing is only so-so, the dialogue is stilted and for the love of all that's holy, I cannot stand when a character says something like, “We have to go! Now!” Then the other character is all, “Uh, who are you? Hey! You’re the enemy! Why should I go with you?” Then they argue for like ten hours when the danger is only seconds away. *rolls eyes* The nicest thing I can say is, this wo
Fran
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rebels Divided: Lance Erlick

The world has changed greatly after the Second American Civil War. As with all nations things happen that divide it and in this case splits it down the middle. As women had to fight for the right to vote, better jobs and to have the right to speak out in this new world, the Federal Union controls what happens in the country and those in charge are all females along with the aide of the Egg Fusion Fertilization and Female Mechanized Warriors. The males now have to flee
Ian Wood
This is the complete review as it appears on my blog. Any links in my blog reviews are not reproduced here, nor will changes and updates to the blog review be replicated here.

I rated this novel WARTY!

Note: some spoilers!

The writing technique seemed a bit odd to me in this novel; it feels like it's a first novel, which it apparently isn't, but the oddities go beyond that to being downright confusing at points, such as at the top of page 20 where Erlick includes a brief first person thought, but f
Bri
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
What I Liked: Annabelle has grown so much in between the two books and it shows. She acts much more mature than she did in the first book and she’s even become more cautious about how she is with her rebellious tendencies. Three year as a mech is a lot of time for her to grow, but she’s still the same Annabelle we knew in the first book with her attitude and stubbornness. She’s still even incredibly protective over Janine! She’s also more friendly with her mech sisters than she was in the first ...more
Brooke
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I have mixed emotions about this book. The first book was really good and I couldn't wait to start this one. I liked the book but there were things that really bothered me.

My first question: what happened to her undercover job at the police station? The first book ended with her not getting into Mechs because she was supposed to go undercover. It is never mentioned in RD and jumps three years and she has advanced in the Mech program. What happened?

The next question: when did Annabelle turn into
Terri M.
The Rebel Series by Lance Erlick is a curious examination of society after the Second World War which divides men and women into separate communities. Each with their own government, religion, morals and values.

What I Liked Most About the Series
The grey area. There are some obvious plus sides to a society made up of a single sex. And there are some obvious down sides. Erlick, through the characters, presents many of these views, but doesn’t push the reader in either direction.

Annabelle. She fits
Jasmyn
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a good read overall. It was a good story and plenty of action to keep the book moving along. They were very shocking plot twist that added the story as well. The characters were interesting and well developed. Annabelle was crazy annoying throughout the majority of the book. There were quite a few questions left unanswered. Such as what exactly happened to the documents they were looking for? I thought the ending could've been better as well but overall it was a good read.

Copy courtesy
Rodney Carlson
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Erlick makes the world of man against women very believable. The struggles of two types of people that have become alienated further by lack of exposure, different environments, and the propaganda of the greedy make this story full of conflict. I love this book. The characters are engaging and relatable. I read this from cover to cover.
Joshua
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A dystopian novel aimed at older teens. The premise was interesting, but the follow-through didn't seem to jibe with the behavior of the characters. The leads were believable and inconsistent, must like the average teenager. There is some graphic violence and sexual suggestiveness - particularly regarding same sex relationships - that may bother younger YA/Teen readers.
joke
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nineteen-year-old Mechanized Warrior Annabelle Scott should kill rebel Geo Shaw during a military operation. Instead, she lets him escape, which mystifies them both. With the nation divided into a female-dominated Federal Union and an Outland wilderness, the Outland warlord and Federal governor conclude a secret deal. It pledges Annabelle to the warlord to provide heirs, a ...more
Caitlin
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Liked the book overall, it has an interesting take on the guys versus girls struggle and has plot twists which keep it interesting. Looking forward to reading the prequel and waiting for a sequel to hopefully come out.
Lolobull
Feb 10, 2016
Thor and Sanz
Feb 12, 2016
Autumn Turner
Review can be found at my Booklikes blog. My copy was received through NetGalley. Two stars.
Roy Huff
May 11, 2015
Susan Chenoweth
Aug 14, 2013
J.A.
Apr 08, 2016
Demian
Jan 19, 2016
  • Daunting Days of Winter (The Kyle Tait Series)
  • Under Vanishing Skies
  • Girls Are Players (G.A.P., #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Apocalyptic SF
  • Fiefdom: A Kingdom Novel
  • Rising Sun, Falling Skies: The Disastrous Java Sea Campaign of World War II (General Military)
  • Rescue Mode
  • To the Last Round: The Epic British Stand on the Imjin River, Korea 1951
  • The Herald (The Sundering #6)
  • A Different Kingdom
  • Battleground Prussia: The Assault on Germany's Eastern Front 1944–45
  • Otherborn (Otherborn, #1)
  • Grunt Life (Task Force Ombra #1)
  • Blood, Iron And Gold: How The Railways Transformed The World
  • Morningside Fall (Legends of the Duskwalker, #2)
  • Connection (Le Garde, #1)
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #1)
  • 1920: America's Great War
Lance Erlick writes science fiction thrillers for adult and young adult readers that often include strong female protagonists. He hopes readers will enjoy his writing as they follow these people overcoming hurdles for those they love.

He is the author of the Rebel series in which he explores the consequences of Annabelle Scott following her conscience after she’s drafted into the military to enforc
More about Lance Erlick

Rebel (3 books)
  • The Rebel Within (Rebel #1)
  • The Rebel Trap (Rebel #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)