Start by marking “Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5)

Dragos Takes a Holiday

(Elder Races #6.5)

The Bermuda Triangle. Pirates. The Peanut. What could possibly go wrong?

Dragos Cuelebre needs a vacation. So does Pia, his mate. When the First Family of the Wyr head to Bermuda for some much needed R&R, it's no ordinary undertaking - and no ordinary weekend in the sun. Between hunting for ancient treasure buried beneath the waves and keeping track of their son, Liam—a
Published November 28th 2013 by Thea Harrison (first published November 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dragos Takes a Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragos Takes a Holiday

Karen
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Adorable! - 4 stars

8/8/2013
Early excerpt – Peanut’s POV -> so cute!!

Mommy carried him into his room. He thought things were going quite well until she set him down on the thick, soft rug in the middle of the floor.

No, that wasn’t what he wanted. That was very much not what he wanted.

He was tired again, and his mouth hurt, and he was hungry all of the time. Hungry for what, he didn’t know. Hungry, hungry.

So he scowled and concentrated mightily on something that he wanted.

And the world shifted.
Sophia Triad
Dragos and his family - STORY 1

I believe the blurb summarizes everything beautifully:

The Bermuda Triangle. Pirates. The Peanut. What could possibly go wrong?

Dragos, Pia and little Peanut/Liam will go for holidays. Finally!
Pia completely innocently (yeah sure)has brought a book about a missing treasure from the local library and Dragos as a dragon thirsty for treasures has decided to go and investigate where it was lost, i.e. somewhere inside the Bermuda Triangle of course.

"It's been a long
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
If you are a fan of Dragos, you really don't want to miss this novella! It is sooo good...it will make you laugh and cry tear up. I just loved every minute of it.

Dragos "thinks" he comes up with an idea to go on a quick family vacation. (You just gotta love how Pia came up with that one.) So off they go to Bermuda.

description

I just love the relationship between Dragos and Pia. The way TH has written the scenes lets you feel how strong their emotions are for each other...and how hot!! I think Pia needs to
Alex is The Romance Fox
Thea Harrison delivers another awesome story of mythical beings that have touched our imagination and hearts.

Dragos Takes a Holiday (Elder Races, #6.5) is a quick and short read that grabs you from the start......

This is vacation time for Dragos, Pia and little Liam aka Peanut (he's totally beyond adorable!!!)
 photo images_zpswyvzmxxe.jpg
“Liam was starting to feel sorry for himself. It had been a strange and interesting day and he had learned a lot. He had flown! Well, a little bit, anyway. And lizard’s tails were deli
Marta Cox
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore Thea Harrison's Elder Races series so was so overjoyed to have the opportunity to read and review this book. This is book 6.5 in the series and in many ways goes back to the very beginning when we first met Dragos Cuelebre and his mate Pia. Their relationship has been a stormy one full of uncertainty and danger but in this novella they get to just escape from duty and relax on a brief holiday.
Well I would truly like to say that the couple together with their young son Liam- affectionatel
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: make-priority
Super cute novella! Loved reading about the Peanut a.k.a baby Liam!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I swear, I literally read this just to see Liam so that I could do this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And see some steamy "action" between Dragos and Pia!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am a very happy girl, YES I AM!... *wink wink* ;)
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was a cute fun story... It kind of reminded me of the Incredibles & Jack Jack coming into his powers.

Pia finally gets Dragos to go on a vacation to Bermuda by placing treasure hunting books sporatically around their house & the lure for him is so great, he decides they need a vacation. During this time, baby Liam is coming into his powers & while it makes Pia proud & a nervous wreck, Dragos is extremely proud.

It was a cute quick read that expands on the story and points the
CC
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome novella! Really entertaining. I love Peanut!!!!
namericanwordcat
I loved this little visit with Dragos, Pia, and Liam.

We get a lovely passion still burning between Dragos and his mate. I adore little ones and little shifters are always fun.

Married life, a vacation, and a treasure hunt. Good stuff.

The action at the end is a bit rushed but mainly a yummy bite of a book.
Tori
Review originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/11/short-s...

Favorite Quote: “You sure you weren’t too clever for him? Don’t get me wrong, I know he’s bright [...] but he is still just a man.”

Dragos Cuelebre desperately needs a vacation. After losing two of his staff to love, he has been working non stop. His mate decides to take matters into her own hands by leaving clues to a treasure hunt and soon he, Pia, and the peanut are heading towards the Bermuda Triangle for sun, sand, and treas
T.J. Shaw
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this novella! Liam is adorable. Pia and Dragos are the definition of a sexy couple, combined with a great locale like Bermuda, and I knew I’d be in for a treat! Ms. Harrison didn’t steer me wrong!
Lady Heather
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of the paranormal romance

Dragos taking time off for a holiday?
Yep, and with anything Pia and Dragos do nothing is ever as easy as it sounds.
Add to the mix sunken treasure and Pirates, and Pia and Dragos have a vacation adventure I don't think they'll soon forget.

I really enjoyed reading this short, action pact story. It was wonderful spending time with Pia, Dragos and of course Liam fondly known as the 'The Peanut'.
Liam is growing much faster than other Wyr babies, and as some of his Wyr 'gifts' are starting to become
AH
Initial Thoughts: So what would a dragon do on vacation? Hunt for sunken treasure off the coast of Bermuda, of course. A fun little novella featuring Dragos and Pia on a much needed vacation along with the little peanut.

The Review:
For fans of Thea Harrison's Elder Races series, this short little novella offers the reader a glimpse into Pia and Dragos' happily ever after. Yes, I'm a sucker for that sort of thing and these two are one of my favorite paranormal romance couples, so given the opport
Beth
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I think back on Dragos Takes a Holiday there a few words that immediate come to mind...

ADORABLE
CUTE
SWEET
TENDER
STEAMY

Adorable, Cute and Sweet all are on account of the Peanut. OMG, what an amazing character. I can't wait to see where Harrison goes with this incredible Dragon/Unicorn Hybrid. He stole the show and is such an endearing character you can't help but love him. It was also extremely sweet watching Pia and Dragos coming to terms with the extraordinary abilities this new born is exhi
Marta Cox
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

-This was kind of entertaining but also kind of blah. The plot was simple and rather predictable, there was nothing interesting or surprising that happened. The bad guys were evul and stupid, the good guys took them on and won, the romance was cheesy, and everything was exactly what was expected of a typical PNR novella.

-What's what: Pia and Dragos decide to take a break from their busy schedule, and go on holiday with Liam. Naturally, they do some treasure hunting, smex it u
Mitticus

As a novella it lack some deep baddies-of-turn development and background (view spoiler)

Cuteness aplenty from the Peanut.

Hot moments from the MCs.

Keri
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS LIL GEM of a book!!! Oh who am I kidding, I love it anytime I can get me some Pia and Dragos and of course the talented and growing like a week (or a baby dragon) The Peanut! Funny as Dragos and Pia get away from NY on a long weekend, they think that they are just going to have a nice, relaxing weekend and do a little playing on the beach and some treasure hunting. Instead they end up tangling with bad guys and find out that their lil peanut is quite the escape artist. Can't wait for ...more
Lisa
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love love love this series!! . Dragos and Pia's story just gets better and better and with the addition of Liam (aka Peanut) I can't wait to see what's in store for their future.

photo 2261_animado_zps30ce4b1f.gif
Melindeeloo
I really wanted to love this little slice of Dragos and Pia's HEA, but it was just too something and ended up being cute but more on the Okay side. The redeeming parts of the story were the bits with Peanut, boy is the little dragonlet going to be a handful as he grows.

In the "Nits Category" - I really didn't like the cover for this one. This guy is too creepy looking and wimpy to be Dragos...
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

Pia, the Peanut, and Dragos...how could you go wrong? Every short story in this series is excellent. I don't know how a newbie to the series would perceive this book but as a big fan, I loved it. I look forward to seeing more of the Peanut in future books. *fingers crossed*
Treece
The only reason this book failed to get five stars was due to the typos I kept finding. I was surprised. These were easily avoided, such as straight out misspelled words, not grammatical errors.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Pia and Dragos are so sweet. Can't get enough of them.
Megzy
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, Dragons love their shiny treasures.. both old and young... Like father, like Son!
Mareli
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love those snippets of Dragos and Pia (and Peanut) life.
Jen Davis
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella will be a real treat for Pia and Dragos fans. It’s a little slice of life, set just after Kinked, that gives us a look at the family dynamic since the birth of the Peanut.

Basically, the story follows Pia’s plan to take a family vacation. She entices Dragos with the idea of searching for sunken treasure –and before you know it, they are on holiday in Bermuda. There’s a little plot about the treasure and some nefarious fortune hunters thrown in there, but at its core, this is a story
Sheridan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you mix a dragon and a unicorn? PEANUT!

Can we please talk about how adorable Peanut (aka Liam) is?

I will never get tired of reading about Dragos, Pia and Liam or just Dragos and Pia. I loved them from Dragon Bound and pray that they appear in some manner in the other Elder Race books. :sighs: I love Liam and I cannot wait til he grows into his scales. Now that is going to be quite the story.

If you love the Elder Race books then this one will not disappoint except that it
PepperP0t
This too cute short in the day in the life format follows little Liam putting Pia and Dragos through their parenting paces while he proves he's daddy's boy as the family prepares to go on vacation.

I would say this read is definitely for fans of the series, it does not forward the overall arc but can be read in one sitting.
MostlyDelores
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thea Harrison is a genius. She takes PNR right to the edge of the shared border between sweetly sentimental AND grunting alpha-maleness, and holds it there with humour and genuinely likable characters.
MountainKat
What a wonderful little novella! Everything you expect with Dragos, Pia and the Peanut and in audio to boot! It was cute, it was fun and it was a perfect thing to listen to around the house today.

• A Tale of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)
  • The Demon Prince (Ars Numina, #2)
  • Misery's Way: A Kit Colbana World Story
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Elder Races (9 books)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)
“Liam’s bunny was one of those things Dragos didn’t understand. The stuffed toy was floppy, super soft and had big, dark eyes. Liam adored it, although Dragos wasn’t quite sure why. In real life, a bunny that size would barely make an appetizer.” 8 likes
“Thunderclouds gathered in his violet eyes. He growled. A thoroughly annoyed baby dragon was quite a sight. Her face compressed, and she bit both of her lips. She would not laugh.” 7 likes