Start by marking “The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton” as Want to Read:
The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton

The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton

What does a guy do when his best friend starts doing things that are completely out of character? In the case of Luke McAllister, you can't do anything - until you figure out exactly what it is that is different. The fact that his best friend is a girl complicates matters a heap. Nothing makes sense when RaeNell Stephens, the girl that has "the best curve ball he's ever se ...more
Published June 27th 2013 by Moss Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton

Heather
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Luke, RaeNell, and Farley are the best of friends in a much simpler time and place. When school ends and summer comes, the three decide to set off in search of the lost treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton. The treasure has been lost for a hundred years and many have searched for it but none have found it. The trio begins searching books in the library and come across a map of where the treasure is buried.

All the while RaeNell, the only girl in the group, suddenly begins acting like a girl after years
Jeanne Wysocki
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short book. The book captures a phase of youth that I remember growing up with. Kids are meant to be outside playing with good friends and making adventures that last a life time. Anything is possible for a kid so every adventure is magical. Proves real life can be a good as any fantasy.
I received this book from the author who was a temporary neighbor of ours for a few months while we were staying at a North Carolina campground. I'm sending it to my granddaughter. I think she will
T. Beasley
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Three best friends go on an adventure in The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton by Mike Thomas. Luke, Farley and RaeNell find out a lot about themselves in one summer. Luke wants to learn more about his father. Luke commits to his chores as well as being a good friend. Farley has to help with his many siblings but always makes time for his two best friends. RaeNell went away but returns for the summer a different person. RaeNell is not just one of the boys anymore since she is blossoming i ...more
Deonna
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads "First Read."
I really enjoyed this book although it was not at all what I expected. It begins as twelve year olds Luke, RaeNell, and Farley are searching for Civil War treasure. I have to admit that at first I didn't like Luke's character, as his home-town upbringing causes him to feel guilty because he is searching for an adventure. I'm from a small town myself, but I didn't seem to identify at all with Luke's dilema.
The plot, however, gets more intriguing as t
Folashade
Karen Scott
Nov 16, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Sep 16, 2015
Mike Thomas
Jul 02, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Joyce Yanney
Carole Anderson
Mario Aguilar
Claudia
The Mysterious Treasure of Jerry Lee Thorton 2 4 Jan 02, 2014 10:41PM
Back in the summer of 1965 Mike read two books back-to-back that would change his life. The first was Diamonds Are Forever, and the second was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
One, a hard-hitting, woman-loving story in the James Bond Series. The other, a whimsical story about a car that flies, floats and even thinks. Both were written by the late Ian Fleming.
Mike determined right then that if someone could