Start by marking “Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)

Wolf Fever (Alpha Project #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  2,121 Ratings  ·  171 Reviews
Changes she can't understand…
When Raine Bowe volunteers for a sleep study for the extra cash, she didn't expect to wake in a lab or to be victimized by a mad scientist. She escapes with one objective--to find someone strong enough to wage war with the evil growing inside her.

A job he won't accept…
Ryder Storm is a man with a reputation--the bad boy of his own universe. H
Published May 27th 2013 by Latin Goddess Press

Kris Pittman
Wolf Fever by Milly Taiden
Review by Kris (with I Heart Books)
5 stars – Shifters!

I am a huge fan of shifters in any shape or form, but what I love is when our hero or heroine becomes a shifter in unconventional ways. Pfft anyone can be born or bit! ;) In Wolf Fever the heroine becomes a shifter in a lab. A secret lab. And yes, there was a somewhat nutty professor involved. Not cute nutty, either.

Very first paragraph yanks you in! As I am also a fan starting a book in action. Instant anxiety fill
The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a heart book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
My Thoughts:
Wolf Fever was a shifter story done right. The story was sexy and intriguing with a H/h that rocked my socks. Ryder and Raine were excellent protagonists. Ryder (*sigh!!!*) was an alpha
Karen Roma
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Milly Taiden’s lastest story is a fast paced, exhilarating ride that will have your fingers twitching to turn the next page.
After having lost a week of her life and escaping a nightmare, Raine finds she can’t exist knowing that a monster lives within her.
When Raine seeks out Ryder he knows she’s his mate; but the last thing he expects is her request that he kill her.
While Raine feels the instant chemistry between her and Ryder is nothing more than overwhelming, all-consuming lust, what she does
Nikki
This is the second book I've read by Milly Taiden, and if they're all as smokin hot as this, I shall devour them all! This one was really good. It had a nice plot that had a tad of a mystery to it and definitely kept me interested. It had a mega hot possessive, tattooed alpha and a great leading lady who discovered she had a lot more strength, both mentally as well as physically, than she even knew. And let me just say, the sex scenes left me wondering if I am just a depraved pervert cause I wan ...more
Shayna
"I am the alpha here, and I protect what's mine."

Wolf Fever is just another great example of Milly Taiden knowing what it takes to make Paranormal hella' SEXY! You can't have a character with a name like Ryder Storm and not have him be dripping in alpha sexiness, am I right ladies? Wolf Fever is packed full of action, romance, and intense passion that will leave you wanting more. Believe me, you will become addicted to these characters and the beasts inside of them.

"I want to make love to you a
Crystal
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raine couldn't remember what had happened to her the past week. She only remembers trying to run away from guys in a lab and knows that something is in her that she wants to be out. She goes to Ryder to ask him to kill her. When he see's her he knows that he won't be doing what she wants him to.

If you have ever read a book by Milly before then you know you will be in for a treat. Everyone of her characters are just so hot. The passions that they have for each other makes my kindle go up in flame
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡
Once again, I wish it were longer!

I really enjoyed it and really appreciated how Ryder wasn't threatened by how advance Raine was compared to other wolves because usually in other books it's such an issue, wanting complete dominance and what not.

Keep up the good work Ms Milly , only if possible, how about making them longer... the BOOKS I mean. ;)
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Line “Yep. You are my very own big bad wolf.”

MILLY TAIDEN HAS DONE IT AGAIN! As everyone knows I LOVE the wolves Milly writes about and this one does not disappoint! This was WOLFtastic!
Something has happen to Raine, she went in for a sleep study and the next thing she knows she wakes up in some lab! She is confronted by a guard and before she knows it she has killed him.
Something is inside her and its clawing its way out of her. It's powerful too!
Ryder is a alpha, bar owner, DROP DEAD
Overall rating: 2.5

Rating for hero: 2.5 - Newly turned wolf and doesn't explain anything... Not very alpha to me.

Rating for heroine: 2 - Finds out she is a wolf and doesn't ask a single question about what that means. She also wasn't all that shocked she is a wolf. Was a WTF moment for me both times.

Storyline: 3 - It seemed solid but with some plot holes that made it had to get into. I don't need to be spoon fed everything but shifter stories vary author to author so some basic foundation was mi
Badbarb
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I have to say really is Milly Taiden has another hot sexy wolf shifter ;)Need I say more? The minute that word gets out
that Ms Taiden has a new wolf shifter you should just go and get it. It really is a no brainer at this point.

When Raine Bowe answers the ad for a sleep study her life is irrevocably changed when she senses that there is something inside that she
has no idea what it is. Thinking that the best thing for herself and people is to die. She seeks the one man she knows can help her
A.R. Von
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolf Fever is a fun, exciting and sexy read that any fans of the genre will enjoy an escape with.

Raine made a decision, not a horrible one, but she had to make a choice in order to help make ends meet. Before she knows it she awakens in a strange place and with even stranger things happening around her and to her!

Ryder is an alpha male that craves his one and only. When a female comes into his bar asking for his help. Her eyes only on his… Let’s just say there are some awesome fireworks :)

A good
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! When Raine Bowe volunteers for a sleep study for the extra cash, she didn't expect to wake in a lab or to be victimized by a mad scientist. Ryder Storm is a man with a reputation. Raine doesnt understand what is happening to her but she knows she wants Ryder and Ryder wants her. This book was a rollercoaster of ups and downs. I loved the plot, the characters and the hot, hot sex! Milly Taidens Shifters are always a crowd pleaser and Wolf Fever is no exception! I can ...more
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Furry perfectiuon

I loved this book. Super strong heroines can make for some of the best books. You don't always need a strong alpha and a weak female, sometimes two alphas are still well suited!
Becca
SSSSSSSSSSoooooo 75% of the book was sex, and hot sex though, and the last 25% was this super cool, could have been more extended plot.

Song choice: probably the theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel Air XD its funny if you go look through my statuses otherwise this joke falls really flat and really weird. But "Mr. Saxobeat" by Alexandra Stan, and God i have BEEN WAITING FOR THE perfect werewolf book to use this one, i am sort of really excited about this "Howlin' For You" by the Black Keys

So first
Megan
Raine Bowe, daughter of hippie parents, has been on her own since their death a few months prior. She finds herself on the run from unknown assailants while trying to figure out what has happened to her in the last week. Ryder Storm is alpha of his pack and known as a man who will do jobs for hire. When he meets Raine, she initially wants to hire him to kill her because she doesn’t understand what is happening to her.

From the first page Taiden grabbed my attention with a fast paced chase scene
Buffy Kennedy
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’ve recently realized that while I love Milly’s Taiden’s work, it’s her shifter stories in particular that enjoy the most, and part of that realization comes from reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, reading it one sitting.

I connected with Raine right away and definitely formed my opinions of Mr. Mad-Scientist-Psycho guy as cruel and deserving of a slow painful death by spider bite. I loved the alphaness of both Ryder and Raine and the fun dynamic it created between them. They are sexy a
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Wolf Fever by Milly Taiden

This book was great. I liked/loved it at the same time.. The story was interesting, and i wished it was more pages. I went through
the book in a short time, and i never once lost my interest. It was a good read that i don't regret reading. 'Wolf Fever' was definitely worth my time. I did wish the book had more though.. Something was missing to make the book fantastic.. I seriously hope we get to read more about these two main characters.

I loved the characters. Raine Bow
Ginnie
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book for an honest review.

So as usual let me start out with the characters. I did like them but I wish there was a little more development to them. There was more I wanted to know about them especially Ryder. Yes I get he was the super hot "Big Bad" but ummm how did he get to where he was in the pack and what about the pack lol? Sometimes I need to know more. And yeppers he was hot and all growly and tattooed but what else? Then there is Raine, I liked her. Poor girl was just s
Theresa
You give me Fever ...

Loved this story! It was like I was transported into the book and was watching the story unfold before my eyes! Milly has done it again ... Gotten me hooked on another HOT shifter series! There is suspense, comedy, and hot shifter sex! And now a little about the story ...

Imagine waking up in an unknown facility naked under a hospital gown with IVs hooked up to you. This is what happened to Raine in our story. After pulling all the restraints holding her down and the IV conne
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was fairly good...3.5 stars for me. I felt like it could have been made better with more of a story line to it. It had a pretty good one going, but I felt like it kind of fell to the background to the hot sex. That's right, HOT sex. Plus, HELLO - Did you see the cover? I swear to God I'm going to load it up to my Walmart.com site and have him blown up to life size, tape him to a pillow and sleep with him every night. I mean obviously I'll have to spend some $$$ getting copies made beca ...more
MsKingsPens
I have been on a paranormal bender lately and shifters (esp. Wolves) are my poison. Sadly, this one was really disappointing. Lots of sex (with awkward, not even kind of sexy dirty talk) and very little plot. The book ends at 76% and I was surprised the author managed to make it that long.

Raine has a few TSTL moments that are entirely plot driven (if she thought like an intelligent person, the bad guys would be SOL). Ryder is less alpha and more Tarzan with tattoos. The entire cast of wolves wer
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
I loves me some occasional paranormal erotica, but let's face it, a lot of it is just terribly written. Like this. Milly Taiden has a decent imagination, but she really needs help with her writing. Sentence structure is mediocre, characterization is bland and cliched, the pacing is awful (it's a novella and I got bored and read something else before finishing it), the sex scenes are predictable and too numerous (desensitizing your readers isn't good)...

I mean, at one point there's a car chase an
Donna
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Milly Taiden writes hot sexy shifter stories and this is one of her best. Our heroine is a woman with the unfortunate name of Raine Bowe. She volunteered for a sleep study and got turned into an alpha werewolf. She escapes and looks to our hero Ryder Storm to kill her to prevent her from becoming a monster. The problem with that is Ryder is a werewolf himself and she is his mate. So it is up to him to convince her that being a werewolf and being with him wouldn’t be so bad. There is action, adve ...more
N. Kuhn
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite authors and she didn't let me down. This story was amazing. A woman scientifically turned into a wolf, who has no clue they even existed. The plot is heart pounding, sexy and definitely made me look twice at my toy drawer. The plot is great and easy to follow, and leaves me wondering if any of the other guys will have their own stories. It's a fantastic plot that has you begging for more!
Teracia
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you want a kick ass, take no guff, female lead? Do you want hot, steamy, sexiness? Are you looking for an intensely hot shifter book? Are you looking for a quick read that has plenty of sparks? Milly Taiden Delivers all this and more. The story starts fast and stays exciting the entire way through. Raine is quite possibly the luckiest woman on earth.... you will understand what i am talking about once you read this hotness. So.... read it already.
N. Kuhn
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
litsiren
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
3 stars

I needed a dose reading shapeshifter. Hence, I landed on this book. It was light and easy read in fast-paced. Romance was mild. Both hero (Ryder Storm, he's so yummy!) and heroine (Raine Bowe, her name is unique) are hot and they are crazily infatuated with each other. The mystery was interesting enough with some thrilling scenes. I liked side characters in this book. Only problem with this book is that it's too short.

Until then. Read on your own peril.
Keona El
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From beginning to end you get action, sex, and passion ! Raine has to be my new kick ass favorite character. She does not to crap from anyone! Ryder, Ryder, Ryder what can I say !?! Can I please place a order for one of him !? Im not sure I could fight Raine and win for Ryder so I rather place a order LOL ! Seriously Milly has done it this is one you much have !!
Deva
Jul 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

The thing that made me sad about this is that their was actually a good story. But the story was drowned out with an overwhelming amount of sex that really wasn't needed. It's like ... Let's go hunt wabbits ... Wabbits hunted ... Time to f***!
Tonya Rupell
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wolf fever was a very exciting book for me, it was my first shifter book and oh man was it hot and action packed! I am really loving all of Milly's shifter books. She really knows how to craft a very good story with fantasy and sex.
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Big Bad Bite (Big Bad Bite, #1)
  • Conn (Skin Walkers, #5)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • The Loneliest Alpha (The MacKellen Alphas, #1)
  • Curve Charm (Wolf Clan, #2)
  • The Alpha's Mate (The Wolvers, #1)
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
  • At One's Pleasure (Keeping Her, #2.5)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
  • Taken by Her Mate (Northern Silver Pack, #1)
  • Eris (Eternal Truths Series, Book 1)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2)
  • The Fire of His Claim (Claimed, #2)
  • Moonlight (Moon, #1)
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister Jewel or watc
More about Milly Taiden

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be