Start by marking “Desert Heat” as Want to Read:
Desert Heat

Desert Heat

Besides working three jobs, worrying about her family back home, and running from her past, the worst thing to complicate Bethany Amaya’s life further would be a romance. But after a second-run in with the irresistibly sexy detective Damian Santiago, that’s exactly what she gets. In the blink of an eye, she’s caught up in a passionate romance with one of the most intense m ...more
Published May 13th 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Desert Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Heat

Start your review of Desert Heat
.Lili.
Jul 11, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER ELIZABETH REYES BOOK!!
 photo tumblr_inline_mhplufcsT81qz4rgp_zpsfc0953be.gif

But it doesn't come out until May 2014.

photo sigh1_zps9f809083.gif
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
description

I have been a huge fan of this Author since picking up my first book which was from her Moreno Brother’s series. Since then I have devoured every single new release from her and I’ve never been disappointed. Elizabeth Reyes’ writing is always beautiful and flawless, it comes across effortless and the whole reading experience is fluid and smooth. If this Author is new to you I highly recommend ALL her books and if she isn’t, you’ll know what I mean and you’ll without question enjoy her Desert Hea
Miranda
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
You know that we love Elizabeth Reyes here on this blog and we knew that we had to get our hands on her new book…and we did!

Damian, a detective (that’s sexy), meets Bethany at a speed dating session. There first four minutes together was nothing but a flat meeting but something in Bethany sparked a curious flame for Damian and after their second meeting, Damian knows that he wants her.

This book had me from the beginning. Reading how Damian and Bethany quickly got to know each other was so simpl
Hailey
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
** 2 stars ** - Edited!!

This was a tough one for me to rate and I had to eventually do it objectively. This did not in any way shape or form feel like an ER novel (at least for me). Damian was not the regular ER alpha male (nope no Abel, Hector and Romero here!) and Bethany well there was not really anything wrong with her except me not feeling her personality. She was too much of a liar, and yes I know her situation called for it but I didn't like her for it. It also felt like she treated their
 B.E.Love
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved Elizabeth Reyes for what feels like forever, I started reading her books right after she started publishing them on Amazon and have been reading them ever since. I love that she writes about all different kinds of characters, something unfortunately not everyone does in this day and age. Her books are easily ones I get sucked into and even if I like some more than others I still like them all and enjoy them more than most.

I was so excited when I saw this book and requested it right
Lindy
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:

Desert Heat, by Elizabeth Reyes was such an enthralling, and riveting read! We get the dual perspectives of the sweet, talented, and beautiful, Bethany Amaya, and the sexy, charming, and gorgeous detective, Damien Santiago. This novel was mysterious, highly suspenseful, seductive, and a delight to read! I was captivated and immersed in their sexy whirlwind love affair, and now that I've finished, I want more! I'm not ready to say goodbye to the Santiago family, and I guarantee that e
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
I've heard so many great things about Elizabeth Reyes but I've never had a chance to read one of her books.  When the audiobook of Desert Heat was offered to me for review, I jumped at the chance to get it.  I love reading books about cops/detectives and the promise of anger and secrets was enough to grab my attention.  The fact that two of my favorite narrators worked on this was just icing on the cake!

When detective Damien Santiango gets dragged to a speed dating event by his friend, he thinks
Kirke
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review

Elizabeth Reyes is pretty much my go to author for high emotional, very sexy reads with a dash of humor. So far she has not disappointed me and I can not recommend her enough. With Desert Heat she takes us away from California to Las Vegas. There is a reason why they call this sin city. This story will seduce you, wring you out and still leave you smiling.

Damien Santiago is the youngest detective at LVPD and the reason he got there so fast is, because he worked for it. This ladies and g
Anna
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poc-heroines

I've been a fan of Elizabeth Reyes books since I read Forever Mine about two years ago. I love her writing and their hasn't been a book that I haven't loved by her; and Desert Heat is no exception.

Bethany is a perfect example of an overworked person. She has three jobs that barely leave her time to sleep, much less think about relationships. And when she's not working, she's worrying about her family and the secrets that she left behind in another state. Bethany is not exaggerating when she says
Jess
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desert Heat has all you can expect from a book by Elizabeth Reyes:

- Great romance
- Hot alpha male
- Steamy scenes
- Amazing side characters
- Addictive factor

I love Elizabeth Reyes and even though I really liked Desert Heat I didn't completely loved it, I had a few problems getting into the story, it took me several chapters to feel involved with it, but once I was there it was hard to put down.

Bethany is hiding a secret from Damian almost all the book and when I found out the secret I couldn’t b
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: put-aside
I really enjoy this authors writing style but this one (published work) didn't have the same feel as her self published novels. I felt like I was reading a completely different author. The storyline didn't engage me. I kept setting this aside and forced myself to finish it which involved some skimming. I prefer her self published novels. ...more
Jenny
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge Elizabeth Reyes Fan, so I had high expectations for this book. And she didn’t disappoint. I love it!! The story line is incredible; it had me guessing until the very end. The characters are amazing, especially all the Santiago men. I can’t wait to read Damien’s brothers stories. Definitely, a must read book!!!
Leslie
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Reyes hits it out of the ballpark again!!!

Desert Heat is set in Las Vegas aka Sin City, and Bethany and Damian's chemistry is off the charts, can you say CALIENTE? These two will have you getting HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
Shawnee is A Bookaholic
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. I couldn't put it down!! THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU MRS.REYES ...more
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
I have been waiting for this book since the moment I found out Elizabeth Reyes was writing a new series! Every new book is an unforgettable reading escape! This is a brand new series, and now that I have finished reading Desert Heat, I cannot wait for the rest of the series to be released! I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about which one of the Santiago siblings is next!

In Desert Heat, we met Bethany Amaya and Damian Santiago. When these two meet at a speed dating event, it's not love
Jamie
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Reyes caught me as a fan with her debut novel, Forever Mine. Since then, I have devoured as many of her books as I can, Fifth Street being my favorite. Desert Heat, the first book in a brand new series, was no different, and I'm grateful to Ms. Reyes and Simon and Schuster for giving me the opportunity to win an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Summary:
Bethany Amaya doesn't have time for love. With three jobs, she barely gets to see her bed at night, let alone devote time to romant
Jeannie Zelos
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Desert Heat Elizabeth Reyes
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
This is romance, but with a strong side of suspense. I liked Bethany, hard working, friendly, but its clear right from the start she's hiding something. Then she meets Damian ( that speed dating conversation they had was brilliant!) and they're both attracted. She's not got time for a man though, hardly has time to eat let alone a boyfriend, and he's always shied away from romance after problems in the past with his job, and the
Ellen
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
The last place Damien Santiago wants to be is at a stupid speed dating meeting. One look at him would let you know he doesn't have any problem whatsoever getting a date, but his friend asked him to go, and because he's such a good friend he agrees. When he first meets Bethany Amaya he's not quite sure about her, yet when she doesn't even give him her name, it makes him even more curious. When a second-chance encounter has the two meeting once again, Damien can't believe this is the same girl, an ...more
Ann
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Wasn't crazy about this one, 3 stars is generous. Skimmed a lot of it, liked the Hero/Damian, but hated the h/Bethany. Throughout the story she lies and deceives Damian with her sorted drama. At one point he leaves her, but has her investigated and comes to her rescue, takes her back and they HEA into the sunset. The story isn't overly strong, but there's certainly a lot of heat where Damian is concerned. He's very much Elizabeth Reyes's typical alpha male (sexy, muscled, totally smitten with wi ...more
Talk Books To Me
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review by Brandi
4 Stars!

I was so excited to get my hands on this book since I have an admiration for Elizabeth Reyes.5th Street and the Moreno Brothers are two series that I hold near and dear to my heart and love to re-read when the mood strikes. Desert Heat was everything I anticipated and Ms. Reyes did no disappoint,better yet she upped her game.This book had me completely sucked in and I absorbed every word written because it was THAT good of a story.

Damien is a smexy detective who is very d
Judy
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Desert Heat by Elizabeth Reyes
Bethany has secrets, lots of them. Living in Vegas she’s doing all she can to make money to help support her family and pay off some debts. She has no clue that one night at a speed date will change her life. Problem is she still has to keep her secrets and the closer she gets to her new boyfriend, the harder it is to cover them up.

Damian Santiago has not followed in the family business, he became a detective instead. His skills come in handy for reading people and
Gloria Elena
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK! LOVED IT!
This is true romance at its best!
This is what you need to know about this book:

1. It has great, likeable characters (Damian is a sexy, protective and prone to jealousy cop) and Bethany is a beautiful 21 year-old hard working gal (she has 3 jobs and is finishing her journalism degree)
2. The story is super engaging, I got sucked in right from the beginning. Loved the writing!
3. The their relationship starts off sort of fast, but it doesn't feel fast. In fact I thought i
Marcy
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is going to be another great series by Elizabeth Reyes! Desert Heat is the perfect name for this story, being set in Vegas and all that heat coming off Damian and Bethany. From the moment they meet at the speed dating event, their chemistry is off the charts. There is a lot going on around them, mainly with all her secrets. His job as a detective keeps him busy, but it doesn't play a big role, except for taking up a lot of his time. She is running around crazy with all her jobs, and it was ...more
Abrianna
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC Copy of this book for an honest review

Damian is everything you can expect from an Elizabeth Reyes book and then some. He is hot, he is possessive, he is alpha, and oh so sexy. I've said this before about Elizabeth and I'll say it again. She really does know how to write a sexy alpha male. Damian is so sweet and so intense, you can't help but falling for him almost immediately.

Bethany is someone who you can get into right away as well. She is so sweet, her character is so goo
Bibi
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damian Santiago is a Las Vegas detective that is working very hard to prove to everyone he has what it takes to move ahead in law enforcement. He's sexy as sin and doesn't have time for love as he pursues his career goals.

Bethany Amaya is an aspiring entertainer that works multiple jobs to make ends meet and is running herself ragged. She's beautiful and extremely talented but love is the last thing on her agenda.

Damian and Bethany meet at a speed dating event that neither of them really wanted
Astin Brooks
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! It has taken me a few days to find the right words to review this book. I LOVED IT!
Simple as that! I'm a HUGE Moreno Fan, namely ROMERO, but who isn't? Then Elizabeth Reyes shared her love of 5th Street and the guys who grace the gym there.
I have to say how extremely excited I am to have gotten a first hand look into what is heating up the Vegas Desert.
Bethany Amaya has Damian Santiago experiencing things he never had before not to mention testing his limitations both in his personal lif
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I finished another amazing book by the great author Elizabeth Reyes, there is only one thing to say..........

BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Meet Bethany Amaya, a hard working young lady with only one goal in mind. She doesn't have time for romance let alone to fall in love. Her secret is keeping her to continue focus on her goal and she is closed to achieved it.

Meet Damian Santiago, a LVPD Detective that has to show his co-workers that even at his young age, he is a respectable man and takes his wo
Mrs Darcy reads
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Reyes is one of my favorite authors and this book just further proved why. It was swoonworthy incredible. Not only are we introduced to a whole set of characters but we get to see a love story develop in a way that's fast yet so incredibly heartwarming and real! I loved every second of this book! Detective Damian Santiago can't help but fall head over heels for Bethany but can't help but feel she's hiding something. Regardless he gives the relationship his all not knowing that her secr ...more
Michelle R.K.
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book just as much as I loved all other Elizabeth Reyes books. But Desert Heat did not have me sitting on the edge of my couch, or biting my nails. It was very slow paced and I found myself putting down the book more often than I normally do when I book captures my attention. I loved the Moreno family series as well as 5th Street series. **SPOILER**
It was not until about 85% into the book that you find out why Bethany has run away from her former life. I was expecting a HUG
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect love story. It's has it all. You'll find yourself Holding on to the edge of your seat trying to figure out what's going to happen next. Bethany and Damien have brilliant chemistry. I found myself trying to figure out what Bethany's secret was throughout the book. Never in a million years would I have thought what was really going on.
Elizabeth you never cease to amaze me with your story telling. I have read all of your books and love them all. You have a way of drawing me in to yo
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blind Kiss
  • What Price Paradise
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • My Miracle Luna
  • GRAYSON (Jokers MC, #4)
  • Reign (Skulls Renegade MC, #1)
  • Rejected and Forsaken
  • Skulls Renegade MC: First Generation: The Complete Series (Skulls Renegade MC, #1-10.5)
  • Havoc (Reapers MC #1-4)
  • Chaos (Reapers MC #5-9)
  • Hate Me (Collateral #1)
  • Have Me (Collateral #3)
  • Dixon (Reapers MC, #10)
  • Amara (Reapers MC, #12)
  • Zane (Reapers MC, #11)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Rules for the Reckless, #4)
  • Chaz (Reapers MC, #14)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate, Looking Glass, De Luca Boys series' and two stand alone novels Desert Heat, & Defining Love.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussion

News & Interviews