Start by marking “Friends & Foes” as Want to Read:
Friends & Foes

Friends & Foes

The bestselling authors of Sinners & Saints bring back their outrageous first ladies in this sassy, witty, and poignant sequel!

JASMINE AND RACHEL ARE AT IT AGAIN—AND THIS TIME, ONE OF THEM NEEDS TO BE SAVED!

The bestselling authors of Sinners & Saints bring back their outrageous first ladies, “drama queens at their best and smartest” (Publishers Weekly), in this s
Published December 31st 2013 by Pocket Books (first published January 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Friends & Foes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends & Foes

OOSA
Apr 27, 2013 OOSA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Odd Couple

Rachel and Jasmine are back. This time they are playing for the same team. Say it ain’t so! And the stakes are much greater as someone has been murdered and all fingers point to Rachel. Working with each other instead of against each other changes things for this duo. Or does it?

Two minds are better than one, so it was great to see authors ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray team up again to bring readers their memorable characters and their crazy antics with
Monique
Friends & Foes by ReShonda Tate Billingsley & Victoria Christopher Murray - 3 stars

I've debated with myself for days about this review and I have to give my honest opinion of the book. First, let me say that I know both authors and consider them friends. Second, I purchased this book as with all of their other titles (although I don't have all of their teen books). Third, I truly respect their dedication to their craft and readers along with their devotion to the world of publishing. Fou
Nardsbaby Reader
Frienemies

Rachel Jackson Adams is enjoying the spoils of Lester’s win as the president of the American Baptist Coalition. Now that they’ve reached the national spotlight, the Adams hired a publicist. Before she can luxuriate in her newfound status, Rachel finds out that her number one nemesis, Jasmine Cox Larson Bush, has landed an interview with Oprah.

No way, un-un, Rachel is determined to make her presence felt in Chicago. Of course Jasmine is agitated as she learns that her rival is in town l
Cyrus Webb
Mar 12, 2013 Cyrus Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who has been a fan of both Reshonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray it was exciting to see the two of them bring their creativity together (along with the characters that some loved to hate) and write SINNERS & SAINTS. The book allowed us to see a different side of the characters Rachel and Jasmine---and for those who couldn't get enough they have done it again with FRIENDS & FOES.

I think what I loved the most about Friends & Foes is that it shows that reg
Reading in Black & White

“So, let the games begin!”

With five simple words, the fun begins in Friends & Foes by ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray. I must admit that I am a huge fan of both ReShonda and Victoria’s so it would have taken a major catastrophe for me to dislike this book. If you aren’t familiar with Rachel Jackson Adams and Jasmine Larson Bush then you are truly missing out on entertainment that could rival any show that is currently on Bravo or VH1.

Even though both are married to
Keleigh Hadley
The lines were drawn in the sand during the first collaboration between Reshonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray in 'Sinners and Saints'. No matter where your loyalties lie, you will thoroughly enjoy the witty repartee, colorful characters, and madcap antics of the First Ladies you love to root for.

I loved several elements in this novel:

1. At a certain point, I could not tell which writer was writing. It was that seamless. Both Billingsley and Murray know their characters and th
Douglas Lord
This Christian novel, by two authors each with three names, features…two protagonists, each with three names! Two rival chicks are forced, nemesis-style, into an uneasy partnership when they are bound together to serve a higher purpose: the American Baptist Coalition. I’m not a Baptist, and I wouldn’t have thought there could be so much politicking and backstabbery in a church hierarchy. It’s not the wacky high jinks of The Odd Couple, but hey, Neil Simon could only write so fast. VERDICT The ma ...more
Alta
Jul 17, 2013 Alta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the sequel to Sinners and Saints. It features Rachel and Jasmine at their worst again. In this book, they start out trying to get on to Oprah and they fail because of their underhandedness. After they fail to get in Oprah, they get embroiled in a murder mystery, and they actually come together to run around Chicago and try to solve the mystery. I am a huge fan of this series, but looking at it critically, I think they could do a better job of character development. I say this becaus ...more
Kimberly Coley
Mar 19, 2013 Kimberly Coley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little more drama than normally but I loved every minute. Is it possible to be team Rachel and team Jasmine? Heck I'm team Mae Frances. That lady is the business.
Shalawn
Wow...in the last 7-8 chapters of the book, the pages were out of order. Had to flip back and forth to find the correct order of the pages. Very frustrating.
ConSonia
Dec 11, 2012 ConSonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lolol these two Jasmine and Racheal together then add a lil Mae Francis.. Loved it
Hattie
Apr 19, 2013 Hattie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These two authors just keep getting better and better. Every time I stopped reading FRIENDS & FOES by ReShonda Tate Billingsley & Victoria Christopher Murray to do a chore or run an errand was frustrating. I wanted to get back to New York, Houston, Chicago or The Virgin Islands where Rachel and Jasmine were having a really exciting adventure. Perhaps, Rachel wouldn't call it an adventure, but looking from a distance at thugs and guns and a disappearing dead body might seem downright fun. ...more
The Book Chick
So, I just finished and I usually know about six or seven chapters in what I will rate a book unless it totally turns around in the middle and end. I am usually spot on with my guess from the beginning. I have to first say as a preface that I respect both authors and have even met one of them in person and attended a panel discussion. They are serious about the craft. My opinion is that I enjoy them separately. But when they write together it is very seamless however, it doesn't work for me. Unl ...more
Adrienna
Apr 18, 2013 Adrienna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adrienna-reads
For me, it took until the ending that was the killer-ending and cliffhanger that made me give it a great read. I laughed aloud at work while on slow moments and others in the call center was wondering what I was giggling at...and another co-worker told me about these series and quickly got a copy of book 1 and book 2 of this series...

So one line at the end had them laughing too was, "we can feed the animal" in reference to Mae (older lady in the novel) but said I will use this line in general to
Amanda
May 31, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it over and over again. You just cannot go wrongs with either a VCM or RTB read. You just cannot. Friends & Foes is not exception.

Jasmine Larson Cox Bush and Rachel Jackson Adams - sworn frenemies - are at it again. When Rachel, First Lady of the ABC, finds out Jasmine will be on the Oprah show to promote the ABC and her foundation for kidnapped children, Rachel is livid. And determined to be right on that stage, too. But once in Chicago, circums
Kimyatta Angola
Nov 24, 2012 Kimyatta Angola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the sequel to the awesome "Sinners and Saints", Rachel and Jasmine find themselves caught up in more drama. They both seem to finally get chopped down by their own scheming and scamming ways. If it had not been for Jasmine or Rachel doing xyz, then, mno would not have happened. Both first ladies show some amazing growth in this book though they are slow to show it and admit it to themselves. I laughed out loud so much when reading this book. Jasmine and her wise cracks about Rachel and vice v ...more
Lyn
Jan 18, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good. I almost put it down because of the drama that continued between Jasmine and Rachel but I kept at it and I am glad I did. The story was so interesting I had to keep reading. Oh boy the twist revealing a jack leg preacher was good. I knew I was not going to be disappointed. Awesome. Next up Fortune & Fame. Loved it.
Stephanie
Jan 31, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These authors did a great job keeping me turning pages once again. I'm glad the drama between Rachel and Jasmine stopped because I didn't know how much more I could take! When they had to work together I was ready to see what they would get done. I do think there are some unanswered questions but knowing these two writers there will be a trilogy to this series.
Cheris Hodges
Mar 27, 2014 Cheris Hodges rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Going through my TBR pile, I realized that I hadn't read Friends and Foes. Man, I was cheating myself. From the opening page, Victoria and ReShonda take you back into the world of Rachel and Jasmine. Imagine having your shot at being on Oprah ruined by your worst enemy -- then finding a dead preacher. When Jasmine and Rachel team up, there is going to be laughter and drama. Excellent book.
Anita Dawson
Rachel and Jasmine are at it again. This time as Rachel tries to move Jasmine out of the way for an interview with Oprah, she causes both of them to lose credibility. In trying to beat her for a second interview for a magazine, she runs across a dead body. They are both forced to work together to help clear their name.
Kim
I would give this book 10 stars if I could. It has all of my favorite all of the right elements to make the book the best book I have read this year thus far. I was hooked from the first page. If you love mystery, suspsense, have a great sense of humor, and most of all love the Lord, this is the book for you.
Stashia
May 22, 2014 Stashia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if you have not read this book, your in for a treat. Friends and foes is emotionally compelling, and have you sitting wondering what is about to happen next and at the same time has you on your toes with some excitement as if you in the book yourself.
Tru Royalty
Feb 16, 2013 Tru Royalty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for my book club meeting and it was only a matter of time before they became friends I just didn't think it would have to through these great lengths to get there. I enjoyed the book I can say the series is a page turner.
Verlean
Jun 05, 2013 Verlean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Jasmine are at it again. Loved this book! It had me cracking up and I loved that Chicago was the backdrop for this book. Enjoyed the story immensely and can't wait to see what these two will be up to next along with the wonderful Mae Frances.
Barbara
Apr 04, 2014 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-book-shelf
Jasmine Bush, Rachel Adams, and Mae Francis in Chicago. Chicago will never be the same again. These ladies has found trouble after trouble in Chicago. The things they go through will have you laughing. I am very much enjoying the book and the series . Each book to me gets better and better
Katherine Brandt
Both authors did a fantastic job in making their transitions between writers seamless. However, the storyline became so predictable at certain points. I did however enjoy a closer look at VC Murray's odd ball character "Mae Frances". It was entertaining to read.
June
Jun 02, 2013 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The drama continues with these two ladies. I never thought that Lady Rachel and Lady Jasmine would ever become friends. Well, they make a great team when they plot together. This was a page turner which held my interest from the beginning to the end. I hope this series continues.
Mserika
May 17, 2016 Mserika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****Cagney & Lacey
Wonderful series! I would highly recommend these authors.
Jasmine & Rachel along with Mae Frances are a trio...
#Team VictoriaReShonda
Shavonna Futrell
Feb 25, 2013 Shavonna Futrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Jasmine, what can I say. This was truly a good read. I really enjoyed this book.
Juanita
Jun 10, 2013 Juanita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Jasmine were a mess and messy and got into alot of trouble because of jealousy. it was nice to see things work out in the end.
  • Sinners And Saints
  • Divine Intervention (Hallelujah Love #7)
  • Samson
  • The Other Side of Dare
  • A House Divided (Reverend Curtis Black, #10)
ReShonda Tate Billingsley is a general assignment reporter for KRIV-TV, the Fox affiliate in Houston, Texas. She is the author of the nonfiction book Help! I've Turned Into My Mother! and three previous adult novels: My Brother's Keeper, for which she received the prestigious Gold Pen Award for Best New Author from the Black Writer's Alliance and the Nova Lee Nation Award from the Greater Dallas W ...more
More about ReShonda Tate Billingsley...