Start by marking “I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion, #1)” as Want to Read:
I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion, #1)

I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  10,901 Ratings  ·  1,155 Reviews
When Laurie Moran's husband was brutally murdered, only three-year-old Timmy saw the face of his father's killer. Five years later his piercing blue eyes still haunt Timmy's dreams. Laurie is haunted by more: the killer's threat to her son as he fled the scene: Tell your mother she's next, then it's your turn . . .

Now Laurie is dealing with murder again, this time as the p
Published April 1st 2014 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2014)

Susan Snodgrass
Apr 03, 2014 Susan Snodgrass rated it it was amazing
I have been reading MHC since her very first book, 'Where Are The Children?' Came out in 1975. Ever missef a one. She is my all time favorite mystery writer! She never fails to buils the suspense until the reader is biting their nails, trying to figure out whodunit.

MHC builds a solid foundation fir her story, then deftly adds characters and sliwly adds more and more information about each one. She does this so well that, at every announcement, the reader believes they know who the crook is. Not
Monnie
Apr 20, 2014 Monnie rated it liked it
When you pick up a mystery by Mary Higgins Clark, it's a pretty sure bet it will read quickly and easily without lots of undue mess and mayhem. That's certainly true in this case, but this time, she managed something I don't think I've ever experienced before: I didn't really like a single character in this book.

Let me explain. The woman I presume to be the heroine, Laurie Moran, is producing the pilot for a true crime TV show, during which a cold case will be re-examined and the story told by f
Sara
May 23, 2014 Sara rated it did not like it
Shelves: phoning-it-in, eh
Mary Higgins Clark is my guilty pleasure read as I'm sure she is for a lot of people who are generally giant literature snobs but occasionally want to "go slumming" to use the coloquial term. I also enjoy the odd Amish romance. I'm weird that way.

I think I like her because she's literally been writing the same book over and over again for years. There's something oddly comforting about her constant recycling of the gorgeous, impeccably dressed, wildly successful at whatever she does but strangel
Fran Bernitz
Apr 04, 2014 Fran Bernitz rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely classic Mary Higgins Clark! I woke up before 5 am to finish reading this superb suspense novel and was not disappointed.
Linda Strong
Jan 25, 2016 Linda Strong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Because her husband was murdered and the killer never caught. Laurie Moran is producing a cold-case TV program.

First up is a murder that took place 20 years ago and was never solved. At the center of the case are 4 women, who were college girls back then and they all had a reason to want the murdered woman dead.

Meanwhile the man who killed Laurie's husband is stalking her ..just waiting for a chance to kill her and her young son.

This is a typical MHC book ... full of suspense with unforgettabl
Cortana
Apr 01, 2014 Cortana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I've Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark is a thrilling and beautifully written crime mystery about a widowed mother and her son haunted by a nightmare. Five years after the death of her husband, Laurie Moran and her young son Timmy are still living in the shadows of that fateful day, always fearful of her husband's killer, who threatened to come back for them.

When her professional work demanded something creative, Laurie settled for unsolved crime cases for her television show, hoping t
Melanie
May 12, 2014 Melanie rated it it was ok
I was sad that this wasn't one of the better Mary Higgins Clark novels I have read. It sounded interesting, a woman is murdered in her sleep while 4 recent college graduates are staying over after a party. The murder is never solved. 20 Years later, they get together for a reunion of sorts to go over their memories for a documentary show.
The book takes place in first person of each character talking about their memories etc. I was able to follow that part without problem, but they frequently res
Natalie
Apr 01, 2014 Natalie rated it it was ok
It just seemed to lack the spark of her earlier novels. The mystery was lackluster.
Ellen Moore
Apr 09, 2014 Ellen Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent mystery! I have read all of this author's books over the years and classify this one among her best. There were plenty of suspects, several simultaneous story lines, and personal life stories of the characters revealed along with action drama and suspense. It was written in Clark's unique style, and I found it a satisfying read.
Heather
Sep 10, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok
If I never pick up another Higgins Clark book it will be too soon. Bland predictable writing. Too many parts of the book are just ridiculous. Lacklustre.
Rob1109
Nov 03, 2014 Rob1109 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unable-to-finish
Whodunit?
Who cares?

What a disappointment. What an awful book.

For some time now I’ve wanted to read Mary Higgins Clark. She’s been well known for decades and has numerous books on library shelves. I finally decided to pick one up, “I’ve got You Under My Skin.’ I really wanted to like this book. I really was hoping to find a new author I enjoyed and stumble into a huge catalogue of novels I could peruse.

I’m writing this review without having finished the book, something I’ve only done one other ti
Farrah Cole
Apr 09, 2014 Farrah Cole rated it it was ok
I am a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark and I've read every single one of her books. I have to say, this book was written in her regular style but seemed to lack the sense that is found in 95% of her other novels. The storyline itself was intriguing: a windowed woman who happens to be a television producer is filming a new show that will reenact the night of the Graduation Party, where socialite Betsy Powell was smothered in her bed while she slept. All the suspects from that night, including her ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I know exactly to what expect from this author. A good mystery, filled with many characters and many red herrings.

She has a very unique style of writing which is pretty easy to read.

As usual, this story is filled with mystery, characters with loads of secrets which are revealed throughout the story, different POV’s which get you into the characters head.

This book had a good plot – a reality show based on reenacting unsolved murders with the actual persons involved in the case.

I found it a bit ha
Maureen
May 05, 2014 Maureen rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Xana
Apr 08, 2015 Xana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark não desilude. Gosto imenso da escrita dela, os livros dela são entretenimento garantido.
Gosto destes policiais levezinhos e mais uma vez li-o a correr, nunca cansa e surpreende no final..
aconselho sem reservas..
Toni
Apr 02, 2014 Toni rated it liked it
This book was very simplistic. I was expecting something more. I feel disappointed. Maybe I am just getting to picky in my old age.
Gina
This book started out pretty good. It had a thrilling opener and seemed to have a good potential for a great story. However, once the production of the TV show started everything just sort of got very dull. I didn't connect with any of the characters and the four graduates who returned for the show to tell the world they were innocent of socialite, Betsy Powell's, murder all became very repetitive in their "stories" and that's all the reader read about for about 100 pages was not only their alib ...more
Maryann
Apr 16, 2014 Maryann rated it it was amazing
What can I say! Every year I wait anxiously for spring, when Mary Higgins Clark brings out a new, wonderful book. This is her 33rd mystery and suspense book and I was pleased. I haven't decided if I want the hard back or the Kindle edition, but I went ahead and borrowed my friend's copy and read it in one day! I know her books are somewhat formulary,but they always leave me satisfied. :O)
Steph
Aug 06, 2016 Steph rated it it was ok
Т.
Беше толкова предвидимо, че чак болеше...
Alla
Apr 15, 2014 Alla rated it it was amazing
Mary Higgins Clark’s latest thriller, “I’ve got you under my skin,” follows the story of a murder at a party celebrating the college graduation of four friends—Claire Bonner (at whose house the party was hosted), Nina Craig, Alison Schaefer, and Regina Callon. Claire’s mother, Betsy Powell is suffocated with a pillow by one of the guests at this party, which also includes Claire’s rich stepfather Robert Powell, their sour-faced housekeeper Jane, and rich family friend George.

Twenty years later,
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
I know this is crazy to say but I have never read a Mary Higgins Clark book before listening to this one. I have watched the made for TV movies based on her books and I have always liked them, just never got around to the books.

I’ve Got You Under My Skin was an interested mystery suspense about Laurie Moran a producer who has had one to many flops and needs a good show to save her career. She decides to try a true crime show about a graduating gala from twenty years ago that ended with the murde
Apr 07, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
I started reading MHC's book back when I was a teenager, and I own them all. I've been a long-time fan but have felt disappointed with the last few books.

This one is great though. It felt like the MHC of old (although not my favorite).

I love the way MHC weaves together stories, one strand at a time, making an intricate and detailed plot that had me darting back and forth, not sure who committed the murder 20 years prior that is now being featured on a TV show by a woman whose own husband was mur
Msjodi777
May 04, 2016 Msjodi777 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2016, may-2016
Somehow, I had the notion that Mary Higgins Clark was "one of those romance" authors that I really dislike. But then I saw The Cinderella Murder and she was writing with Alafair Burke whom I do like. So, I went looking for the start of the series, and found this book. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. An excellent story. Read this one on my kindle app, so there is no narrator to rate, but I'm giving the story it's full 5 stars. Really enjoyed this one. <><
Michele Whitecotton
Apr 22, 2014 Michele Whitecotton rated it liked it
I thought this book was good but for me it was oddly put together. There were 2 different mysteries going on and they were both intriguing but they didn't have anything to do with each other. I thought that somewhere near the end, they would combine somehow but that didn't happen. The mystery of the Graduation Gala took up most of the book and it could have been stand-alone (because it was good and you wanted to figure it out) but it seem like the Blue-Eyes murder was just thrown in for some rea ...more
Fita
Apr 15, 2014 Fita rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Mary H Clark has outdone herself once again. Since I read one of her books in high school I was a fan. I have read all of her books. I loved this one.

Great introduction. Makes you want to keep reading. Character development was good. How she tells the story from everyones point if view, wow.
Uma Aiyer
Nov 09, 2016 Uma Aiyer rated it really liked it
Well written. Simple plot lines. And captivating characters.
Murder mystery mixture perfected.
I'm headed over right now to read more by her...
Vi
Oct 31, 2014 Vi rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller

3,5 stars

Mary Higgins Clark is one of my favorite authors since many, many years. But not every of her books were really enjoyable – at least not for me. There was a time, when I read her thrillers literally spoken over night and was flashed with her brilliance by using the spiritual abyss we humans can have. The very dark side of human nature hidden very carefully from the rest of the world – well, the Queen of Suspense knows how to play with that better than anyone else.

This thriller is one,
Hannahlovesbooks
Jan 26, 2017 Hannahlovesbooks rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.75

Entertaining but obvious.
Laurel-Rain
Dec 05, 2014 Laurel-Rain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurie Moran has been looking over her shoulder for five years. Her husband Greg was in the park playing with their three-year-old son, Timmy, when he was shot and killed. As the killer, dubbed "Blue Eyes" by Timmy, raced off, he shouted that Laurie was next, and then Timmy.

But Laurie is also absorbed in her career at the TV station, and her father, Leo, a retired cop, has taken on the task of guarding Timmy when she is at work.

Her current project is to bring together the four college graduates
Lightning rods are stationary objects meant to draw lightning. 2 4 Nov 05, 2016 11:25AM
I've got a lot of other projects 1 11 Jul 22, 2015 11:38PM
Arrived yesterday and already half done 4 39 Sep 04, 2014 04:22PM
  • Gypped (Regan Reilly Mystery, #15)
  • That Old Black Magic (Wedding Cake Mystery, #4)
  • Previously Loved Treasures (Serendipity, #2)
  • Fade To Black
  • Cast into Doubt
  • Close to Home
  • Power Play
  • The Kill Shot  (Jamie Sinclair,  #2)
  • Zero-Degree Murder (Search and Rescue Mystery #1)
  • Shadow Creek
  • Ruin Falls
  • House of Secrets (A Shandra Covington Mystery, #1)
  • Cold Mourning (Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery, #1)
  • Moving Target (Ali Reynolds, #9)
  • Live to See Tomorrow (Catherine Ling, #3)
  • Fear Nothing (Detective D.D. Warren, #7)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...

Under Suspicion (4 books)
  • The Cinderella Murder (Under Suspicion, #2)
  • All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion, #3)
  • The Sleeping Beauty Killer (Under Suspicion, #4)

“In most marriages, one of the couple is more in love than the other, and it’s best if it’s the man. The marriage will have a better chance of going the whole way.” 6 likes
“The two more useless words in the English language - Don't worry.” 3 likes