Start by marking “Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)

Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel

(Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel #3)

The third book in the series of New York Times best-selling adaptations of Richelle Meads Vampire Academy.

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose is close to graduation, but since making her first Strigoi kills, things haven't felt quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all ...might be seeing ghosts. Consumed by her
Published December 31st 2013 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Kiss, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
Katherine
RATING: 4 Out Of 5
Sandra
Update #3 10/4/13

It's about time, we finally have a colored cover

and the release date is final! 12/31/13

UPDATE #2 2/18/13
I read the interview Richelle Mead gave HEA? I had to skim the part about The Indigo Spell and such since I haven't read it and don't plan to until the last book comes out. Blah, blah, blah, I'm boring you.

I read that this doesn't come out until the end of this year!

UPDATE #1 1/6/12
D< oh come on!!! Put a release date already!

Original
Can we please have the date this is
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Still wavering on the cast choice for Dimitri in the upcoming movie but I love the graphic novel version of the character. If the artist had a person in mind when they were drawing the pics, I'd love to know who it is.

Are you a fan of Richelle Mead? Come join the chat as we get ready for the release of the first VA movie : Blood Sisters! Richelle Mead Fan Group
April (Aprilius Maximus)
DIMITRIIIIIIIII
Nikita
Vampire Academy the Graphic Novel is beautiful and fun. The graphic novel follows the third book of the Vampire Academy series and is just as breathtaking as the book. I enjoyed this book as much as I did with the first two and now I am dying for the fourth to come out.
Melissa
*SWOONING*

Arghh!! I loved this so much! Again, the drawings are beautiful! It made me want to reread the whole series, because I love the characters SO much!! Why did they stop with the GN? :( These are so good and I would love to have the whole series in graphic novels!

Sreedevi Nair
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok Loving this series soo much.. the characters... Rose and Dimitri ❤ ...more
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

If Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry werent the Rose and Lissa you expected, the graphic novel is the next best thing provided youve read the novels already.

The VA graphic novel illustrations are spot on with accurate depictions of the characters as per the novels description. Rose is curvy, sexy and fiesty, and Lissa is regal, beautiful and demure. Illustrations are delivered in a bright, colourful format with a serious art style
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I enjoyed this graphic novel as well, even though I felt like it was bit more rushed compared to the others, I still enjoyed it.

Of course the illustrations are great, and I feel like the colors were just so much more vibrant than the other two.

They did at least catch the big parts in Shadow Kiss, it's funny I forgot about a couple parts until reading this and I felt like I just refreshed my memory of the whole book.

I do hope they make the 4th one, I'm very interested to see how it turns out!
Ashley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved this series, and it was fun to go back to it in comic form.
Kristin
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great graphic novel adaptation by Leigh Dragoon and Emma Vieceli. In this installment we learn a little bit more about Rose's shadow kissed condition and what that means for her. Plus, Rose and Dimitri's relationship picks up and boy is it hot!

I love the work that these two ladies do for Richelle Mead's VA series. Sure, takes a lot out of each book in order to fit it into one graphic novel, but she keeps the heart of the story intact. Not only that, but she still adds some little
Daniel C. H.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far the best installment, unfortuanly since the lack of sails the graphic novels for the rest of the books won't be published, Ive decidid to count this as one of the reading rush challenges (a book that has purple on the cover). The only problem I have in this world is that Moroi ("good vampers") act so helpless to the Strigoi ("bad Vampers") that they are so useless without Dhampir (half human half vamp. In this world guards to the Moroi) even though mostly all of them have powers! Granted ...more
Rebecca
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016, 3-stars
It's alright,i feel they missed a lot out, which lead to everything feeling a bit too quick without much background, nothing special, wish they'd done it more justice to the book, especially with how emotional it is at times. Yet to find the second graphic novel in a store, I hope they play out the events in Spokane effectively...
Tanya
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love love LOVE the graphics. Why didn't they do the rest of the books? I need more. I love Vampire Academy.
Becky
Shelves: 5-stars
Loved it.
Iman AlJanaby
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are exactly the same as I have imagined! It's perfect!
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish the last 3 books in the series had graphic novels! Besides a few weird time gaps (where it switched scenes without any explanation) this one was great
Rokaje Al-Rabiey
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE IT. The drawings of the scenes was exactly how I pictured it when I read the third book. Although there was many scenes I missed in the graphic novel that was cuted out and some quotes was changed. But I loved it anyway.......I really enjoyed it.

I wish they made a Graphic novel to the rest of the books....I wish they do in the future.😍😍😍
Jenn
Not much new I can say about this since I've already reviewed this as a book. For me, Shadow Kiss was where the series finally picked up. I'm still not a fan of either Rose or Lissa, Vampire Academy has always been a series for me that's carried by it's supporting characters.

With that being said, the graphic novel was extremely easy to get through and easy to read. The story works well for the visual telling, however, I feel that the author weighs heavily on people having read the books before
KayCee K
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this this one, it was more about Rose and Dimitri, my OTP of this series! Their relationship grew a lot and I didnt want the book to end. But this graphic went to fast. I want to learn more about these character. Which is why I cant wait to read the novels. Hoping theres more in the books. I couldnt stop reading or looking at the pages. This plot had a lot in it but was still easy to follow. The ending. Im not even. I cant is. Oh, Dimitri I need to find out what happens next!
Mary H
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
My problem with the Vampire Academy graphic novels is that, sadly, I'm just not into Emma Vieceli's artwork. It is totally evident that she works incredibly hard on these novels, but her style is not what I prefer. Honestly, I find it a little inconsistent. The characters features shift from frame to frame on occasion, and I find that distracting. However, there are individual drawings that are spectacular. There are two of Dimitri during the card reading scene that are especially beautiful.
Tracey
This was just boring as hell. I rushed through it, only stopping to look at any pictures of Christian. He was the highlight of this story. These graphic novels fail to capture to feeling I had while reading the VA novels. It's a water downed version and the drawing isn't very good either. I totally understand why there's a hold to complete the fourth novel. With the story only getting better and more intense with each book, I'd hate to read these comics and feel underwhelmed yet again.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Oh wow, I really got to catch up on the book series. So this was pretty good. That page with Rose and Christian was awesome. They make a good team. Same with the Frostbite cover.

Anyway, this sequel like I said is really good. I guess its the same as the books. But with this its graphic novel form?
Maria
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this the past week. It was the first time I've ever read a graphic novel that was originally a book and I seriously thought that the whole story would be included. I was wrong and I was so disappointed. But hey, I still liked it because it's an adaptation of Shadow kiss which I love after all.
Matilda
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, comic
Garh I hear they are not doing the next one which is a shame since these are so brilliant.

And dat ending (I know I have read the book but STILLLLLLLLL)

Apart from the fact that Rose blushes like every five seconds. Like seriously every damn page even when she doesn't need to.
Htrain
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved the art and the story that they kept too. I was a little unsure of what would be cute to keep it so small but I really enjoyed it. It kept to all the important issues.
Arnela
I'm gunna complain about this until it improves. 160 pages of comic isn't enough to adequately retell 440+ pages of story. I still feel like the story is rushed and it doesn't expand on the characters arriving at some of their "heavy" conclusions to concerns that were made in previous books.

One of my biggest pet peeves is that Dimitri and Rose both would rather be dead than get turned into Strigoi. But when it comes to Dimitri losing "what he values most" the book actually sets it up to make it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Vampire Academy: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #3)
  • Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Volume Two (A Song of Ice and Fire: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Volume One (A Song of Ice and Fire: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • A Treasury of Royal Scandals: The Shocking True Stories of History's Wickedest, Weirdest, Most Wanton Kings, Queens, Tsars, Popes, and Emperors
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Blood Promise: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #4)