Start by marking “Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume Two (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries, #4-6)” as Want to Read:

Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume Two

(Captain Lacey Mysteries #4-6)

A collected set of books 4-6 of the Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries plus an original novella.

The Sudbury School Murders (Book 4)
The Necklace Affair (novella)
A Body in Berkeley Square (Book 5)
A Covent Garden Mystery (Book 6)

Captain Gabriel Lacey, a half-pay cavalry officer who returns to Regency London after being injured in the Peninsular War, has found some purpose invest
Kindle Edition, Omnibus, 700 pages
Published March 8th 2013 by JA / AG Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume Two

Connie D
It was enjoyable to read the second Captain Lacey book right after the first. The plots are very different, but the main characters get fleshed out some more. Lacey himself is rather rash and hot-tempered, but it was still easy for me to feel for him.

P.S. Despite the covers, these aren't simply romance books and there isn't graphic sex. The character development, sleuthing, and historical setting are all more important elements than the romance. (That, however, may change as the series continue
ShanDizzy
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Captain Lacey is a regency era Jack Reacher. He has his code of honour and helps all to find justice. It is great to finally see him find happiness.
Penny Hampson
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant series of books. The character development of Captain Lacey with each book is masterful; the secondary characters are also rounded and engaging. I particularly enjoy the relationship between Grenville and Lacey and Grenville's developing relationship with Marianne. The plotting of each mystery is excellent, intricate and intriguing. I'm definitely hooked and looking forward to starting Volume 3.
edward brooker
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written

This is a well written historical crime book that holds ones interest throughout. At no time did I get bored with it. There was enough "twist" in the stories to keep one reading
Ardith
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not perfect, but entirely entertaining.

Why do I like English turn of the century novels? I really don't know. Maybe it's the way people lived an d how we compare with them today. Anyway if you're looking for a good read, this is it.
Jaenn Smith
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captain Lacey does it again!

Interesting twists and turns to the plot as Captain Lacey and his friends solve another mystery in the London of the early 1800s! Enjoyed seeing the characters develop as they face challenges within and without! Can't wait to read the next one!
Eileen
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Regency Mysteries

Capt. Lackey is a guarantee for many hours of intrigue, adventure and a rich glimpse into Regency England. Each character feels real.
Karen Squires
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Captain Lacey mysteries is wonderful. Everything I like about regencies without all of the fuss. There is even a romance, or two, without taking away from the story!
Elaine Bidstrup
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Captain Lacey Murders (Volume 2) are intriguing and complicated mysteries set in England during the Regency Period shortly after the conclusion of the Napoleonic Wars. My only complaint about the volume, is that it is so long, that I have only a vague memory of the first two of the books in this volume.
Captain Lacey, while a "gentleman" in this very class conscious, mannerly, and in today's terms extremely (some might say overly) polite society, has little or no money. He accepts a position
Marcia Lester
Enjoyed very much!
Tracey
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gabriel Lacey is loveable

These books give us more of a view of the admirable Captain Lacey. Yes, he is a bit of a man-whore. Yes, he is impulsive, stab burn, hot-headed. He is also noble, honest, an individual in a time of conformity. We also see more sides of his deep friendships with Louisa Brandon, Lucius Grenville, the perplexing Marianne Simmons and, most satisfying, his romance with the complicated Donata, Lady Breckenridge. Worth the endless sleepless hours...just one more chapter!
Bettye McKee
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My rating here is for A Covent Garden Mystery which I somehow missed. That would have been disastrous because this is one of the best in the series.

Captain Lacey must enter London's underbelly as he searches for two missing 'game girls'. Then Lacey's long-estranged daughter goes missing as well. The body of one of the missing girls is found near the Thames, and the search goes into overdrive.

This is a well-written, perfectly executed plot that keeps cranking up the tension level.
Karen Ehney
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

I am a fan of period mysteries and I love this series. It is well written with engaging, well developed characters and plots that are not routine or predictable. The four stories in this collection are all good, particularly the last one. It has me eager to start the next one, and what better recommendation can there be for a series?
Li
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I feel as though these stories could be more, but they are fun whodunnits. The mysteries are satisfying, and the secondary characters grow more three-dimensional as the series progresses - I’ll definitely keep reading.
Shelly Tarsky
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Recency Mysteries

I have fallen for these characters. Their plight and joy are all encompassing. The mysteries are fresh and intriguing. I highly recommend the entire series.
Kathy
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like this series! Great characters that I care about and interesting mysteries to solve.
Liliana Shelbrook
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave-reads
Excellent collection! The main characters is adorable and the stories are highly entertaining.
Laurel Reed
Jun 26, 2017
Alice Nelson
Jul 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Kitty Bennet's Diary (Pride & Prejudice Chronicles, #3)
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 4 (Red Stone Security, #10-12)
  • Henna for the Broken Hearted
  • The Road Home (Echo Company, #5)
  • Hawthorne Family Series (limited edition box set) Books 1-4
  • The Inseparable Mr. and Mrs. Darcy (Meryton Mystery #3)
  • Fall From Grace (Inspector McLevy, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Wildrose, North Dakota
  • Rough Riders Bundle 1 (Rough Riders, #1-3)
  • The Companion of His Future Life
  • Tall, Dark and Dangerous Part 3: Get Lucky / Taylor's Temptation / Night Watch (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #9-11)
  • The Deadly Series Boxed Set (Deadly, #1-5)
  • Agatha Raisin: The Potted Gardener / The Walkers of Dembley
  • Brethren of the Coast: Volume I
  • Mr. Darcy's Rival
  • The Santiago Brothers Series (Books 1-3)
  • Heart of the Wolf, #1-3
  • Broslin Creek Boxed Set (Broslin Creek, #1-3)
Ashley Gardner is the pseudonym for NY Times bestselling and award-winning author Jennifer Ashley and nationally bestselling and award-winning author Allyson James. Her award-winning Captain Lacey Regency mysteries have garnered top reviews and an enthusiastic following. These books are now available as digital editions. More about the series can be found at http://www.gardnermysteries.com

Captain Lacey Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Hanover Square Affair (Captain Lacey, #1)
  • A Regimental Murder (Captain Lacey, #2)
  • The Glass House (Captain Lacey, #3)
  • The Sudbury School Murders (Captain Lacey, #4)
  • A Body in Berkeley Square (Captain Lacey, #5)
  • A Covent Garden Mystery (Captain Lacey, #6)
  • A Death in Norfolk (Captain Lacey, #7)
  • A Disappearance in Drury Lane (Captain Lacey, #8)
  • Murder in Grosvenor Square (Captain Lacey, #9)
  • The Thames River Murders (Captain Lacey, #10)
“But perhaps peace was not in a place but within one's self.” 2 likes
“A good book is like a good friend, do you know, Lacey? One you can turn to when the night is cold and you are lonely. And there is old Herodotus, standing ready to regale me with tales of his travels.” 2 likes