Start by marking “Weasels” as Want to Read:
Weasels

Weasels

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  722 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
Weasels. What do you think they do all day? Plot world domination — that’s what!
Published February 25th 2014 by Candlewick Press (first published February 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Weasels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weasels

David Schaafsma
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
I ordered this from my library the moment I read Skye's review saying if she had only ONE book to read again, it would be this book!

If you skip her review, I'll say it is a picture book about our assumption that weasels when we aren't watching them in some zoo are just doing normal weaselly things. This book establishes weasels as seeking World Domination, so watch out. And the weasels, in case you're in the least bit startled and worried by this news, as
Skye Kilaen
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I could only read one picture book ever again, it very well might be Weasels. It's like a classic James Bond movie without James Bond, where the villain trying to take over the world is... a bunch of weasels. They have a secret laboratory, global communications, an international network of secret agents, a table-sized map in the war room where they push around little model tanks and weasel armies to plan their strategy, a seemingly endless supply of fancy coffee, a zealous health and safety o ...more
Elizabeth A
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphix, kids-ya, 2017
Sometimes the simplest things get in the way of plans for world domination. This fun picture book has cute and lovely art, and getting insight into the minds of weasels is an added bonus. What did you think they did all day?
Karin
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hysterical!

Weasels are planning to take over the world. Don't fall for their cute little act.

They may seem harmless, but behind that cute little face the gears are always turning. WEASELS takes you inside the weasel lair so you can see their organization for yourself. With a lot of coffee and a lot of big machines, the weasels are set to let loose their plan on the world. But, will they be able to succeed after they suffer a major machine failure?

Cartoons fill each and every page spre
Sylvia
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is a super fun and funny picture book. What's not to like about coffee-loving weasels bent on world domination? The only problem is their world-domination Machine goes on the fritz and they must figure out how to fix it. The coffee-bearinig weasel is both the culprit and the hero in this excellent book whose motto is "Megalomania Has Never Been So Furry."
Lara Goldstein
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is basically my new favourite picture book. So many fun details and geek references in the art. I even saw an IT Crowd reference! <3
Elena
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Weasels – what do they do all day? Eat nuts and berries? Frolic in leaves? Lurk in the dark? Argue with squirrels? Hide in their weasel holes? Well, all these are wrong. What they really do is...plot world domination.

Oh. My. God.

This book is HILARIOUS. These megalomaniac weasels are freaking AMAZING.

"Don't worry. We can solve this with SCIENCE! To the LABORATORY!"

I could read this one over and over and over again. I want to buy it for everyone. EVERYONE.

(Click to see this enlarged. You need to
Lois
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Weasels took over the world so effectively that I didn't even feel the need to question their motivation.

Despite finding this book at the entrance to the Children's section in the book store, I feel like this is one for the adults. Children will appreciate the fun of the pictures- like the electrocuted weasel and the lights going out on everyone, but all the best jokes I feel are aimed at the parent reading to them.

The weasel who felt incomplete without his drill was my favourite, but there was
Tandie
May 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Tandie by: Elena
I think I'm gonna have to buy this. Checking Amazon right now.
Jordan
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Megan (ReadingRover)
Cute book about the problems weasels encounter when working at world domination. There are adorable illustrations of the crazy complicated weasel compound populated by tons of weasels all up to different tasks. Full of details and lots of fun!
A. Rustad
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable! I love Drill Weasel. This book is just hilarious, funny, and charming all around.
Jasmine
The saga of drill-weasel and health-and-safety-weasel truly speak to my heart.
Amy Brown
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
My favorite part was that the weasels were coffee addicts...I can relate.
Scottsdale Public Library
Weasels.... what do they do all day? Eat nuts and berries? NO. Frolic in the leaves? NO. Plot world domination, of course. I KNEW it! Fun illustrations and very silly. – Lisanne E.
Becky
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014reviews
I loved this one. It is worth spending time with this one, focusing on the illustrations, following it along from cover to cover. If you do, you'll see that these weasels have personalities. The basic story is simple: the weasels have worked very hard, they are getting ready for the big countdown, they think their moment is at least here, and, then, they discover something is horribly wrong: the machine is BROKEN. Can this plot to take over the world be saved? Can the weasels work together to fi ...more
Jillian Heise
This book had me laughing out loud (in the middle of silent reading time) in class! A humorous take on what weasels actually do all day - plot to take over the world (who knew?!). The secret lair, the man in charge, the underling only concerned about coffee, the one who discovers the obvious...all tropes that work in this story. These intelligent weasels are hilarious (even if they don't mean to be), but miss some of the details in their distractions. The complex illustrations needs a closer loo ...more
paula
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have I mentioned how much I love Weasels? I love Weasels. LOVE IT. It is funny. I never did wonder what weasels do when we're not looking, but if you'd asked me to guess, I imagine "arguing with squirrels" would have been among my first guesses, and "plotting to take over the world" wouldn't come to mind until way after, I don't know, shopping at Ricky's for shampoo.

My sons love Weasels too. I even just love SAYING "weasels." Weasel weasel weasel.

WEASEL WEASEL WEASEL!
Romelle
Story about weasels seeking world domination. By the looks of it, these weasels have been successful at dominating the book. So many weasels, so many speech bubbles making it too busy for my taste. However, the picture book is quite humorous when you spend the time to look at the illustrations and its details. In the story the technical difficulties in the control room cause chaos and the problem is solved with a comedic punchline. Weasels is visually entertaining.
Kate
This is the greatest book. There's not really a story - the weasels are attempting world domination but their machine is broken, so they're trying to fix it. The great part is how detailed and hilarious all the illustrations are...I barely even read the actual narrative, I was too busy following the saga of the coffee-obsessed (they drink Starweasels Coffee) and seeing how weasels like to waste time at work (napping and playing World of Woodcraft).
Melle
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the Reo clan and any other funny family
This was a delightful big picture book about weasels and (attempted) world domination. If that's not enough of a selling point, there are fun little details in the illustrations and the weasels have personalities. Perfect meandering read-aloud book for parents and kids to do voices, giggle together, and have a lot of fun.
Christine Wagner-hecht
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was totally awesome! I laughed, I cried, I loved the weasels, I loved the coffee, I loved the health and safety inspector. Weasels rock. I may not think so once they really take over the world, though.
Rebecca Honeycutt
Off-the-wall fun for independent readers who have the patience (and sense of humor) to track the hilarious details in the busy, speech-bubble-filled illustrations.

The cover blurb reads "megalomania has never been so furry!" And that's pretty much all you need to know.
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-at-heart
As a former Computer Technician and a coffee fanatic...this book touched my core!
Catherine D
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a truth universally acknowledged that the very word weasel makes everything funnier. This is definitely true in "Weasels" by Elys Dolan. If you're a fan of silly and weird, check out this book.
Shandra
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very fun book! The pictures are so detailed, a lot to see. Too much for a storytime, perhaps, but great for reading one on one and really looking at the pictures. :)
Donalyn
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! Who knew weasels were trying to take over the world? Intricate illustrations hide clever asides and character actions you might miss on a first read. Kids will love it.
Cathy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Weasels bent on world domination?
Too bad their World Domination Machine broke. ;)
Each page is full of hilarious antics that kids and adults will enjoy.
Whitney
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
hilarious!
LH Johnson
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Nosy Crow book. I’ve come across the work of Nosy Book a lot already, what with loving their blog and their books when I’ve seen them (and, er, borrowed them) from the hands of my friends and relatives children. And the thing about them, the standard brilliant thing about them, is that they’ve all been really good. High quality books lovingly produced which are all, to be blunt, really really good.

Trust me when I say it’s taken me too long to get to reviewing a Nosy Crow book an
  • Buddy and the Bunnies: In Don't Play with Your Food
  • Moo!
  • Ball
  • Froodle
  • The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water
Elys Dolan grew up in a part of England that consists almost entirely of trees and cows, and she was named after a department store in Wimbledon. She’s never let either of these things hold her back and recently graduated from the Cambridge School of Art. She was awarded second place in the Macmillan Prize and was also short-listed for the Waterstone’s Picture This Prize. She lives in Cambridge, E ...more
More about Elys Dolan...