Start by marking “The Doomspell Trilogy” as Want to Read:
The Doomspell Trilogy

The Doomspell Trilogy (Doomspell #1-3)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  377 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The bestselling fantasy trilogy, THE DOOMSPELL, THE SCENT OF MAGIC and THE WIZARD'S PROMISE in one magical volume. Rachel and Eric are hurtled to a terrifying place. Like thousands of other children before them they have been snatched away by the Witch. But she has met her match.Rachel and Eric discover they have astonishing powers. She is a spellmaker who can fly, change ...more
Paperback
Published September 16th 2004 by Orion Childrens (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Doomspell Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doomspell Trilogy

Jildou
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Loved it. McNish found the perfect creative way to describe young children's magic and the feelings of delight that go with it. The witches, their enemies, have obviously been thought about a lot - outlined so well you'll start sympathizing with them, despite their hideous features. The protagonists are, unfortunately, not as striking as the extra characters. It's clearly written for children. Read this when I was a little girl, didn't cease to amaze me the second time (I'm 17 now) as well. McNi ...more
Hilde
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was my childhood. Even moreso than Harry Potter, it shaped my interests in witchcraft, and magic in general. I can still remember always being so amazed at what those kids could do. Without a doubt, this was one of the books that ignited the most profound desire to have similar abilities, or even any magical abilities at all (to this day *nostalgic sigh*).
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Loved this book to pieces after a friend of mine brought it to school and forced me to read it. She had the whole trilogy! Couldn't put it down until I reached the last page. There's the whole magic and fantasy theme going on throughout the book. Definitely an interesting read, time well spent I would say.
Liz
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cliff McNish has an imagination that won't let you down and a writing style that matches perfectly. I was sucked into this world a dozen times over when I was younger. Reason why? It is Rule of Cool all over. 4 and a half stars.
oliviasbooks
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who liked "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
Actually I stopped after finishing the first book of the three this volume contains. So my rating does not cover the whole package. I shouldn't forget that this is a story purely aimed at children, but in my opinion there is not enough plot: Running, resisting, getting stronger, fighting, running, resisting ....
Also if I had read this bad-witch-good-witch story as a child, I think it would have been too cruel and too yucky for my easily frightened self, although the descriptions are not very gra
Lucas
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay. So, about 7-9 years ago, when I was around in grade 2, I don't remember much. I do remember, however, that I went downstairs and saw my brother's unused bookshelf. I really wanted a book to read, and I started browsing the shelves. A fantastic purple caught my eye, and I've worshiped this book ever since. It's by far my favourite book, or series, by far. I mean, I read Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, a ton of really well written fantastic books, and this book just triumphs over all of them. I ...more
Rachael
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got the first bok in the trilogy when it first came out, I must have been about 9 or 10... and I loved it so much I read it from cover to cover twice in a row... As the years progressed I continued to re-read it.
Then when I was maybe about 14 I saw the paper back that combines all three books into one, and I had to buy it. Although I didn't actually get round to reading it untill very recently.
I'm now 20, and realize this is a story aimed at children (but then so is Harry Potter and people of
Jona Letrondo
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first trilogy I had ever read! I'm so thrilled because this series gives the fire of my bookworm side. It was a very good book for young readers even to young at hearts. Doomspell will bring you to a world of magic and adventures that will surely make you want to finish it until the very last page.
Francesca
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Even 8 years after I first picked up The Doomspell Trilogy I still love it.I know it's aimed at children and you can see that in the writing style, but it's good for any ages and never fails to entertain.
Ollie Latham
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great regression reading
*luv of ur life* (aka caitlin)
i havent read it yet
Annie
Loved them all!
Therese Cantwell
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this when I was younger. Haven't read it recently though
Maaike
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
guys ive been lying, this is my favourite fucking book ever im not even kidding i love it so much(tbh it's like the kids version of the magicians sooooo )
Languoreth
Rather enjoyed this trilogy - it was entertaining when I was younger.

Of course, meeting the author 3 times and having my copy of the omnibus signed by him in person made it quite good too... :)
Jill Fraser
Sep 09, 2008 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Really good teen fiction story bout evil scary witches and how the kids of the world need to try and save the world!
Szeireil
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it thousand times! First, when I was a child. Absolutely amazing, deep and touching history!
Rebekah
Oct 18, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
blurg!
Tine
Dec 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think that is not a good book at all. I would not let my kids read it.
Eli
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book-really enjoyed it.
Hayley
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book!
Emily
May 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely magical! Pure fantasy :)
Trudi-louise
Carrie
Aug 25, 2013
Angela
Jun 22, 2015
  • Tkacz iluzji (Kroniki Drugiego Kręgu, #1)
  • Wakacje z duchami
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • The Speed of the Dark
  • A Warlock in Whitby (The Whitby Witches, #2)
  • Pán Tragáčik a Winnetou
  • 2586 Kroków
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • Tajemnica zielonej pieczęci
  • Szatan z siódmej klasy
  • Pomnik cesarzowej Achai. Tom I (Pomnik cesarzowej Achai, #1)
  • The Fire Prince (The Cursed Kingdoms, #2)
  • Rise of the Fallen (Ruin Mist: Dawn of the Ages, #1)
  • Corydon and the Island of Monsters (Corydon, #1)
  • Mondays Are Red
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • The Ghost of Grania O'Malley
  • The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys
According to my Mum, when I was arriving in this world on the night of 24th August 1962 the electricity in the house failed, and all the lights went out. So I was born part in darkness and part in candlelight. I’ve no idea what significance that has, but it sounds impressive somehow…

I was born in Sunderland, a city in the north-east of England. I’d like to say I picked up the local Mackam accent,
More about Cliff McNish...

Doomspell (3 books)
  • The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1)
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • The Wizard's Promise (Doomspell, #3)