Start by marking “Howling For You (Chicagoland Vampires, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Howling For You (Chicagoland Vampires, #8.5)

Howling For You

(Chicagoland Vampires #8.5)

Jeff Christopher is a shapeshifter and ally of Chicago’s Cadogan House of vampires—he’s also a tech whiz and mostly-legal hacker. And the only protective shields he’s never been able to find a way around are those of the powerful Keene Family.

For a long time, Jeff has only had eyes for the beautiful Fallon Keene. Unfortunately, she is the only sister of the lethal North Am
Published January 7th 2014 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Howling For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howling For You

Karla

3 Stars!! I'm disappointed...30% of the book was a preview of the next book in the series...I paid for Jeff and Fallon's story!!

I waited so long to read more about Jeff and see how his relationship with Fallon would play out, and while I enjoyed most of it, it could have been so much more. It barely got off the ground and then it ended. What I did enjoy was getting a peek into The Pack and finding out more about the chain of command. They've been somewhat of a mystery in this series, one that I
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
May 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Hardcore fans of Chicagoland Vampires series
I love Jeff, but this was B-O-R-I-N-G. Snooze-fest and then cheese at the end. It's not even told from his POV. The beginning is a bunch of boring filler about the pack's family and I don't know how many times Fallon says "Jeff is not for me," "We can't be together."

I thought I might like this because I love Jeff, but no.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Which will win out - pack tradition or love?

Likes:

• I've always liked Jeff so it was great getting a story about him.

• Same with Fallon - it was nice getting to know her better.

• Loved the Keene family and all their interactions. Would definitely like to get to know some of the other brothers better!

• I enjoyed watching Fallon try to figure things out.

• The coronet plot was intriguing but mainly I liked that we got to read about Jeff shifting and fighting.

• Who knew Jeff would be so romanti
Tabatha
Nov 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
JEFF ♥♥♥

Need I say more?

Over & Out, T xx
Ferdy
Spoilers

-Fallon and Jeff's novella.

-The plot was fairly entertaining but I wasn't impressed with how predictable it was. There weren't any twists or turns - I knew who the bad guy would be, I knew what he was going to do, and I knew what his cliched motives were. It was all so obvious.
Also, Fallon and Jeff's romance played out exactly how I expected… It was still nice to read about though.

-Fallon and Jeff were both likeable - I preferred them and the shifters over Merit/Ethan and the vampires —
Alex is The Romance Fox
I fell in love with Jeff from the beginning of the series and I was quite excited that he was going to get his story even though in a short novella.

I was so disappointed. We don’t get much about him really….it’s not even from his POV but Fallon…half the story is the set up for the next book in the series. And the first half????

Well, apart from knowing he’s a tiger shifter, that he’s in love with Fallon, sister of Gabriel Keene and second in line for the Apex position of the North American Centra
Fallon is the sister of Gabriel Keene and she is second in line to become Apex (leader) of the North American Central Pack. As much as she has feelings for Jeff she knows she can never act on them because there is no way a tiger shifter would be considered an acceptable mate for a potential Apex. When the Apex crown is stolen, threatening Gabriel's hold over the pack, Fallon and Jeff have to work together to try find the culprit before anyone else realises what has happened. Can Jeff use the tim ...more
Jilly
A cute short story about one of my favorite characters in the Chicagoland Vampire series: Jeff. Dorky, gamer, computer genius, and completely lovable. Jeff is always funny and light-hearted in the series. He is also a shifter who turns into a tiger. And, that's the problem, because the girl he loves, Fallon, is a werewolf and the next in line to inherit the throne. She's a were-princess, I guess. That's even cooler.

princess photo: Werewolf princess 0a31d1a2f20433e3ccefcd9bcc10e8ca.gif
wrong name, right image...

Fallon is a badass werewolf princess.
"you're not at a
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
This was an entertaining enough story, if very short.

I was expecting a story from Jeff’s POV and was very pleasantly surprised when it turned out Fallon was the narrator. I really like her character and I hope we get to see a lot more of her in CV instalments to come.

The plotline in itself is a bit on the light side, focusing on Fallon and Jeff’s relationship (and why they can’t be together). There is some light investigating going on after the Keenes’ crown is stolen, with Fallon and Jeff try
Ina
"When was it taken?"
"Forty-two minutes ago."
"Five-thirty in the damn morning? Who wakes up to steal a crown at five-thirty in the damn morning?"

I totally understand the sentiment.

I have to admit, this short story was quite disappointing. Jeff is one of my favorite CV characters and I was looking forward to his story. However, it was too rushed, even for a short story. I felt like we deserved more. And I absolutely don't understand why would Gabriel (view spoiler)
Emma
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marsha
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Urban Fantasy Lovers
"Howling for You" is Fallon Keene and Jeff Christopher's story in the Chicagoland Vampire Series.

The two have always been attracted to each other; but, since Fallon is second born and next in line as Apex for the Keene pack she is forbidden to take a mate other than that of a potential. Unfortunately, because Jeff is not a potential, he does not qualify.

It is the eve of the coronation for Gabriel Keene's son to be crown; so, the cornet has been delivered for the ceremony.However, that same night
Robin
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, urban-fantasy
Shapeshifter Fallon Keene is second in line to become the leader of the North American Central Pack. She takes her duty seriously. Therefore, she is willing to date various wolf shifters that her family trots in front of her, even though her heart is taken by Jeff Christopher, a tiger shapeshifter who is also her best friend. When the Apex Crown is stolen, Fallon and Jeff work together to find the thief before the Keene family is overthrown as the leaders of the pack.

This novella is a spin-off o
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
When shapeshifters first appeared on CV, I wasn't fond of the new storyline. I'm just more of a vampire girl, what can I say? But I have grown to love the Pack, and Fallon and Jeff are no exception.

I honestly really liked this novella, it was just very Chloe Neill and this world, regardless of the lack of vamps. Fallon is badass and I'm as immune to Jeff as everyone else, which is not at all. However, he just will never compete with Ethan for me. The blonde can be damn annoying, but he's my typ
Melissa
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Tracy
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like Jeff and I think that Neill could do a break away series on the shifters and have many many followers. Jeff is one of those fun loving, hold you close and love to live kind of guys. Reading about him and Fallon was interesting and I could actually go for more of it. Maybe Chloe was testing the waters with this little piece of delight. We shall see if she takes it anywhere.
Amyiw
I really liked seeing Jeff outside of Merit's investigations here. Yes, it is a pack investigation but it is apart, so we see him in his own light. It is told in Fallon's POV but we get the perspective of Jeff, through her, all the same. Their romance is sweet, especially the ending.
Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it

Awwww Jeff......
Ann
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, pnr, 2014
Disappointed - Very short story. Ended at 68%. Should have been free. The last 30% was the prequel to Wild Things.
Beebs
3.5! Sweet short :)
Jodi
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, kindle
This novella exists to explain how tiger-shifter Jeff Christopher cements his relationship with Fallon Keene, only sister and 2nd in the line to be the next pack leader if something happened to Gabriel. Now that Gabriel has a son, Fallon really isn't the 2nd in the line but his son is still an infant. Which means that Fallon must still meet prospects. This time the prospect is from an old, old family who has been largely out of politics for years. The spark between them is weak at best. Which is ...more
Lea Bourg'
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
French & English reviews

4,5 stars

A small short-story about the relationship between Jeff our favorite cute geek and Falon the badass sister of Gabriel =D I loved to see them FINALLY get together and all that with a plot full of shifter politics x)
Same complaint however as usual for the short-stories, it was TOO SHORT !!! (even if, the plot was twisted =))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Une petite nouvelle sur la relation entre Jeff notre geek tout mignon préféré et Falon la soeur badass de Gabriel =D J'ai ado
Selene Tepesh
I’m only giving it 3 stars instead of 4 because it was way too short. And Jeff is one of my absolute favorites. I just wanted more.
Lorre
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story about Jeff and Fallon!
I was a bit disappointed in Gabe though. Jeff is a good guy, loyal and good to the pack and I really thought Gabe would change the pack law.
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

Although this was simply too short to showcase the awesomeness that is Jeff & Fallon, I still loved it 💖 Getting a glimpse into pack life, love, and loyalty makes me long for a Chicagoland Shifters series with Jeff & Fallon front & center where they belong!!
Kathy Martin
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella leaves the vampires behind and concentrates on the shifters. Fallon Keene is the next in line to be Apex of her pack if something happens to her older brother Gabriel before his infant son Connor grows up. What that means for Fallon is the she needs to find a mate. Fallon and her family are wolf shifters - the most prestigious of all shifters - and her family needs her to mate with another wolf shifter.

However, Fallon is in love with Jeff Carpenter who happens to be a tiger shifter
Stephanie  G
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fallon Keene and Jeff Christopher have a friendly relationship and though they want more, Fallon must find a more suitable mate. This means as next in line to become the North American Central Pack Apex, she’s expected to mate with a wolf, not a tiger shifter. Her heart aches at the thought of having to choose another but all that’s put on hold when the Pack’s crown is stolen and Jeff and Fallon must find it before the Keene family rule comes to an abrupt end.

Howling for You is a quick dip back
Paris
I don’t know why, but I’ve never really seen Jeff in a leading man light. He’s always been the computer nerd sidekick type of character, but now that image has been blown out of the water. Because of this novella, I will never see Jeff the same way again. He is totally bada$$ and sexy and hardcore. I’ve always adored him cause I have a thing for nerdy smart guys, but now he’s definitely on the list of favorite Chicagoland Vampire characters.

Aside from Jeff’s transformation (I might have been th
Melindeeloo
Jan 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
3.5 stars - On the eve of Gabriel's son's 'coronation', were alpha Gabriel's sister Fallon has a blind date with another prospective mate who is suitable to her position as alpha in waiting even though her heart prefers her lifelong 'friend' Jeff - not suitable because he gets the wrong kind of furry. When the crown that holds the 'alpha power' goes missing before the coronation it will be up to Fallon and Jeff to track it down.

Expectations are my bane. Howling For You was a decent little Chicag
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
3 Howling For You Stars

Howling For You #8.5 is a short novella in the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill. We get to see Fallon and Jeff’s relationship or non-relationship.

I was looking forward to reading more about Jeff and his relationship with Fallon. The story barely got off the ground and then it ended. It could have been so much more. I was disappointed in how this relationship was developed and portrayed. I did enjoy getting a more vivded peek into The Pack and the chain of comm
  • Kicking It (Alex Craft, #2.5; Chicagoland Vampires, #8.25)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • The Secret Guide to Dating Monsters (Secret McQueen, #0.5)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • Nice Girls Don’t Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring (Jane Jameson, #3.5)
  • Darklove (Dark Ink Chronicles, #5)
  • Home for the Holidays (Night Huntress, #6.5)
  • Pros and Cons (Nikki Glass, #2.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • Betrayed (Vampires in America,  #5.5)
  • Brush With Death (Spirit Guide, #4)
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
“Every time I breathe, I breathe for you. Every time I speak, I speak for you. And every time I howl, I howl for you.” 5 likes
“Sweet and geeky Jeff, lover of games, knew how to move.” 4 likes