Start by marking “Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)

Losing Control

(Babysitting a Billionaire #1)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He's the only man she didn't see coming...

Four years after escaping her abusive ex-husband, Kim finally believes she’s in control of her life and her emotions and she's determined to never risk either again with a man. She has a great home, a job as a security specialist which she loves, and Jake for a best friend.
Published August 12th 2013 by Entangled: Brazen (first published July 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Control

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
182 books — 512 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnRules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell
Entangled Books
401 books — 340 voters

More lists with this book...

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo CroftLosingcontrolTitlebySueBee_zpsc98e4145.jpg
★★★★! Losing Control (Stand-alone). A quick, feel-good and very sexy friends-to-lovers story!

“That’s it? You want sex?” He gave her a slow, lazy smile. “And you didn’t think to come to me?”

Losing Control is the story of two best friends/boss-employee, Jake Knight, the CEO of Knight Securities and Kimberly Rawlings, Kim a Security expert and aspiring gun-slinging Bodyguard.

Four years after the break-up of a loveless and abusive marriage Kim had finally come into her own and she is ready to
• Lisa •
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brazen-addict
5 JUST BECAUSE I LOVED IT STARS.

"He was six foot three inches of lean, mean, drool-worthy man."

description

There are times when I just know I'm in need for a book from the Brazen collection. A quick, easy, predictable reading escape that will fill my time with romance and love. 'Losing control' encompassed all of that and I enjoyed every page, here are my thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Jake knight is a millionaire ex army official who has the whole world at his feet, you would think he has everything he
Catarina
3,5 Hot Stars.

Kim’s past is filled with fear and hurt from being in an abusive marriage. And when she finally got the courage to left, she found herself broken, scared and with her trust damaged.
Now, a few years later she is working at a security company and she’s stronger than ever, but however, the past is not that easy to forget.

description

Jake, the owner of the company, is the man who helped Kim became a stronger person, he is is best-friend and also her boss.
He wants her for 4 years, but never acte
Pam
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pam by: Mo
4 stars
"…sometimes, you need to close your eyes and jump and trust that someone will catch you."

Jake took Kim in under his protective wing years ago, during the lowest time in her life, when she was a young naïve girl who thought the man she married loved her. She was wrong, her ex-husband liked to show her love for him with his fists. Now Kim is nothing like that girl, transforming into one hell of an agent in Jake's Security firm. Kim wants more, she wants the chance to take on more danger
Nikki

That moment when you finish a book you actually enjoyed... After having dnf'ed 2 back to back and not finding anything that looks good!

Jake Knight, aka my new book boyfriend, is one hot, bossy man in charge! I swear, he could tie me up to a four post bed anytime! ;) He fell in love with his best friend, proceeded to warn off every man in his employ to stay away from her, and bides his time til he knew she was ready for him. He wooed her like a man should woo!

He made a leisurely perusal of her
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This book kept me grinning throughout the whole book :)

A bit different to the norm as it is the guy in love with the girl and the girl being completely clueless! Don't get me wrong, Jake was no pushover

Are you turning into some sort of caveman?

I do normally get annoyed with this type of heroine taking her time to get her head sorted but the sexy time and playful relationship they have more than made up for it.

That's it? You want sex?...And you didn't think to come to me?

One negative...I
Claire Robinson
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - It's set In the UK Stars...

I think this is the first Brazen book I have read that is set in the UK, so extra love just for that.

Jake and Kim were both likeable, the sex was hot and plentiful and the storyline had a few twists and turns.

Whats not too like!
Marlene
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc.

I wanted to love this book. I really, really did. Nina Croft’s Blood Hunter series (Break Out and Deadly Pursuit) is awesome science fiction romance. I mean totally awesome, she made vampires and werewolves in space completely work.

But Losing Control is a contemporary, and it didn’t just make my willing suspension of disbelief meter go flying out the window, it’s making me put ranty pants on for this review.

Because the story is about a woman who was nearly
Tuba Özkat
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aslında puanım üç buçuk. Başı çok güzeldi. Yani ilk %25'i. Sonra biraz tanıdık hale gelmeye başladı. Erkek karakterin deli gibi aşık ve ikna etmeye çalışan, kadın karakterinse biraz daha baskın, güçlü, kendi ayakları üzerinde duran ve ikna edilmesi gereken kişi olması hoşuma gitti.

Daha kitabın başından adam zaten kadına aşıktı, ben böyle öykünün önceden başlamış olmasını ve ona okuyucu olarak sonradan dahil olmayı daha çok seviyorum. Bir hikayenin ortasına paldur küldür dalıp hadi sonuna beraber
scuba
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nedense çocuğumu üniversite için başka bir ülkeye gönderiyor gibi hissediyorum. -_- Sanırım kitapla ilgili beklentim çok yüksek değildi ki, amacım da buydu. İyi ki öyle yapmışım, kitabı çok beğendim. 4 puanda bu arkadaşa yollandı. *-* Uzun zamandır böyle bir kitaba ihtiyacım vardı, iyi ki okumuşum dedirten bir kitaptı bence.

Meşgul olduğunuz bir zamanda kafanızı dağıtmak için, akıl karıştırmayan ideal bir kitap olduğunu düşünüyorum.
Kara
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kara's Review:
This was a H.O.T. read! starting almost on page 1.

I enjoyed this ESR (easy, sexy, romantic)
Janey
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Kim Rawlings was in an abusive marriage 4 years ago and, on escaping, went to work with Jake at his security company. She is a kickass, no nonsense chic, who hasn't been interested in the opposite sex...until she starts getting the itch.

Jake Knight is ex-military, and now owns a security company, purchased to keep himself busy, when not absorbed in his property empire. He is tall, lean, dark & dreamy, and is happy to call Kim his best friend...although he would want to call her more, having
Lauriie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Ich muss sagen das Buch vat mir jetzt nicht soooo gut gefallen wie die Anderen in der Brazen Collection...
Jenn
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: B/R with Lindsay
Recommended to Jenn by: Lindsay
4 SEXY JAKE Stars

"Hot in.....
So hot in herre.....
So hot in.....
I need you to get up up on the dance floor
Give that man what he askin for
Cuz I feel like bustin loose and I feel like touchin you
And cant nobody stop the juice so baby tell me whats the use

(I said)
Its gettin hot in here (so hot)
So take off all your clothes

I am gettin so hot, I wanna take my clothes off..."
lyrics by Nelly

Seriously! Nina Croft made me want to combust every time Jake let out his sexy side. HOT DAMN! The lyrics by Nel
Çisem
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

İkinci tur kitabımız Teslimiyet'i şahsen ben almayı çok istemiştim çünkü arka kapak yazısı ilgimi çok çekmişti. Kitabı elime ulaştıktan hemen sonra okumaya başladım ve ben çok sevdiğimi söyleyebilirim.

Kitabın içeriğinden bahsedeyim. Jake ve Kim 4 yıldır birbirlerinin en yakın arkadaşlarıdır. Kim'in başından kötü bir evlilik geçmiş ve bu evlilik ona oldukça zarar vermiştir. Onu bu evlilikten kurtaran Jake'in ise Kim hakkında hiç de arkadaşça düşünceleri yok
İnci Puyan
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it

Nina Croft'un Teslimiyet kitabı uzun zamandır elimde olan ama bir türlü okumak için elime almadığım bir kitaptı. Sonunda okudum ve bir günde okunacak, güzel romantik bir kurgusu olduğunu fark ederek su gibi aktı sayfalar...

Kitabın konusuna kısaca değinmek gerekirse; erken yaşlarda yaptığı evlilikten sonra hem kendine hem de erkeklere karşı güvenini kaybetmiş bir kadın olan Kim, arkadaşı Jake'in güvenlik şirketinde çalışmaktadır. Bu şekilde hem kendini koru
Gamze
Shelves: erotic-romance
3.7/5
Peggy
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kim hasn't always been a tough girl. She came out of a bad marriage, met Jake and he's helped her become the person she is today. It took 4 years but she's started coming into herself with the help of her best friend, Jake. When Kim finally begins to think of having relationships to scratch her itch, Jake realizes it's time to step in. He has realized that he's loved her since the beginning and is willing to risk it all for a hea with her. Jake is an alpha but at the same time he's not an a manh ...more
Julia
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance
I began this book once, then found myself in a reading slump and put it aside. Coming back to it later, I find my lack of interest isn't completely slump related.

The characters in this story are flimsy, but unfortunately there's no other strong plot or chemistry to shore them up. Kim is naive, and doesn't have any personal growth without some one else is explaining things to her. Jake is also paper thin, with no real explanation of his interest or devotion. All of this could have been forgiven
Blessie (Mischievous Reads)
The last time I've read a good "best friends-to-lovers" story, I can't even remember, but this one is definitely one of my favorites. It's quick, sexy and highly entertaining, I couldn't even put it down.

Jake Knight is an ex-military, now a millionaire with a security firm. He's handsome, sexy and a total bachelor, with the usual arm candy clinging on to him most of the time. As much as he sounds like a player, he's got his eyes set on just one girl for four years already, his best friend, Kim
Alpha Possessive Heroes
4 Stars!

I normally read weak heroine with strong hero but in this book both characters has a strong personalities. Kim is not your typical heroine and Jake.. oh my.. He's been in love with Kim for years.. he's quite alpha possessive, protective and tends to get jealous. I find it very cute that he warned everyone that Kim is off limits... (it was sort of part of the job description) LOL!

There were a lot of sexual tensions and funny moment here that would keep you from putting this down.

Overall,
Hayal Perest
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Kim'in, "ben başımın çaresine bakarım" hallerinden baygınlık geçirecektim az daha. Jake, Kim'i deli gibi sevmese ne olurdu bilemiyorum ama iyi dayandı adam. Kim'in neden bir ilişki istemediğini anlıyorum ama böyle korkarak ve kaçarak nereye kadar yaşayabilir ki insan? Neyse ki her şey tatlıya bağlandı. Ama sonu aceleye gelmiş biraz. Hadi hemen şu işi bitirelim moduna girdiler.. Ama güzeldi yine de.. Bir gün gibi kısa bir sürede bitirdim. Boş zamanlarınızda okuyabileceğiniz türden bir kitap. (
Figlet
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So like 30% through this baby I was thinking, "This is like a 3 star review." Then at 65% I thought, "This just kicked it up to 4 stars." Finally at 87% I was all, "DUDE. 5 stars."

And there you have the anatomy of how I rate books in all its tedious glory.

Really though this book surprised me. I didn't expect to laugh as loudly as I did nor did I expect to tear up at the end like I did. It also contains the second hottest sex on the top of a castle scene I've ever read.
That's right, I have a lis
Tuğba Özcan
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
eğlenceliydi :)
Hafize
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
3,5'dan 4 :)
3 vermeye elim gitmedi 4 de çok geldi lakin 3,5 yıldız işaretliyemiyoruz o yüzden 4 yıldız :)
Stephanie*
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
That was one steamy read! Hot damn!!
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Çok tatlı bir hikayeydi.
Angie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
When you're looking for the quintessential quick-and-easy read, this is one of the of romance books you pick up.
Misti
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, brazen
Not a fan of books where the heroine thinks she is unattractive and is completely unaware that everyone has the hots for her. Not a lot of emotion. Not my favorite book...
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)
  • Recipe for Attraction (Madewood Brothers, #2)
  • Wicked Heat (Hot Island Nights Book 1)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2)
  • Dream Nights with the CEO (Secret Desires, #1)
  • Lovers Unmasked (Come Undone, #3.5; McCade Brothers, #1.5; Line of Duty, #1.5)
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Playing the Part
  • Falling for the Marine (McCade Brothers, #2)
  • No Romance Required (Love Required, #3)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Whisper
Growing up in the cold, wet, north of England, Nina Croft spent a lot of time dreaming of faraway sunnier places and ponies. When she discovered both, along with a whole load of other things, could be found between the covers of a book, her life changed forever.

Later, she headed south, picked up the perfect husband along the way, and together they volunteered to work in Africa. There they discover

Babysitting a Billionaire (3 books)
  • Out of Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #2)
  • Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
“I know you’re running scared, but why don’t you consider living dangerously for a change?” 5 likes
“I like carrying you. It gives me the illusion that you’ll let me take care of you.” 4 likes