Start by marking “Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty, #1)

Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  301 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A prince raised in honor and tradition, a woman raised with nothing at all. She wants to steal their most sacred treasure. He'll do anything to protect it, even if it means marrying a thief.

Prince Zhang Jin is a man raised in honor and tradition, so it is a great surprise when he is compelled to claim a stranger as his bride who has neither. Francesca La Rosa is hardly a m
Paperback, 1st Edition
Published March 1st 2006 by New Concepts Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Seduction of the Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduction of the Phoenix

Daisiemae
Prince Zhang Jin is trying not to look too bored. Having more traditional belief than his brothers, he is honor-bound to endure the Qi-Zi celemony where all of the beautiful women on his planet-Lintian- offer themselves up for their hand in marriage. After awhile, all the women look and act the same. Just as he begins to think the ceremony is over, a masked woman is brought into the procedings in shackles. As the guards begin to inform the Emperor of the womans crimes, his Ancestoral Grandfather ...more
Ana
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honor Bound?

On the planet of Lintian in the Imperial Palace of the Zhang Dynasty Mei's brothers the 4 Princes go through the yearly tradition of looking at all the eligible females parade through in hopes one of the princes will choose one as wife... Little do they know that none of the brothers wish to wed, but tradition is tradition and they must endure. Only this time one of their ancestors their great, great grandfather Zhang Manchu decides it's time to interfere.

Zhang Jin is so not ready to
Cheri
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honor her past at the expense of her future. Claim happiness but betray her past. Two choices that can only end in guilt. What does beautiful thief Francesca choose?

Prince Yin, steeped in history and tradition, seems unlikely to pick someone like Francesca as a wife when he has refused the parade of nobles that came before her.

This next book in the future Ms Pillow has intrigued us with continues to compel and keep us wanting more. It's fun to revisit other characters from previous books and add
Pam Louis
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow Michelle pillow has taken us to another new world!
this book is linked with the dragon lords books but this story takes place on Lintian .
Prince Jin and his brothers are at a wife picking ceremony but none of them want or plan to get married. A woman dressed in black from head to toes is dragged in by guards yelling at them to let her go. If that not bad enough jin's dead grandfather takes over jin's body and tells the court and his family that he claims the woman in black as his wife. Once s
Robin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Pillow - Seduction of the Phoenix: A Qurilixen World Novel (Anniversary Edition) (Dynasty Lords Book 1)

Although related to the Dragon Lords and Lords of the Var books this new series (although there are some appearances of characters from those series),branches off in a whole new direction.
The books feature the world of the Zhang Dynasty on the planet of Lintian. Steeped in tradition much of which has been brought with them from when they were on earth. Not only is there a family with
Nikki Brooks
We have met Jin briefly before when his sister Mei finally met her match in a certain spacefaring shapeshifter!

He has to endure the meet and greet that encapsulates the ceremony for him and his brothers to possibly meet their wives. His life is just the way he wants it but a ghostly ancestor takes over his body and he ends up claiming a bride...pity she was just hauled in front of the royal family for attempting to steal a sacred jade.

Francesca had a bum deal for most of her life. Then she met a
Leopardwolf
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The twists and turns from every direction (including the past) was amazing. A fantastic read that had me gripped right from the start and it kept me enthralled all the way through. I loved the way that the characters were helped (hindered) by their ancestors as they bicker ed back and forth....not to mention our main characters fighting in the hallways!
Throw in ancient customs with alien technology and the attention to detail that Michelle has included (like the way the shoes
Cheryl Drake johnson
Prince Zhang Jin has been possessed by his grandfather and now he is engaged to a Thief and the thief Francesca La Rosa will do anything and does to get her revenge. She is there to avenge the man that saved her from slavery. She drives the prince crazy because all he wants is to remain in the palace and learn the history of the Zhang Dynasty but this woman has touched something deep in him and he wants her but he cannot trust her but he can do nothing because his grandfather while possessing hi ...more
Teresa
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was intriguing. The length of the book is perfect because it gives the story line enough time to develop the characters and make twists and turns to hold your interest. I love the two characters of Jin and Francesca. They are polar opposites. But this just makes the interaction between them more interesting.
It is a book about choices, even on a planet far, far away.
You should choose to read this book, if you don't, you'll regret it.
Deja
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prince Jin and Francesca loved them, I have been following this series and its spin offs since the Dragon princes and Lords of the Var and I have to say that this series keeps getting better with every spin off. This book came as a surprise I was not expecting to not know what would happen and the end was amazing so I'm glad that this wasn't one of those books that knew what would happen before it did.I cannot wait for the next story.
Sue Ann
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I fell in love all over again. How can I not with a Chinese kingdom that still honours traditions in a spacefaring age. The fall of a prince. The cinderella of a notorious galaxy wide criminal. The lost art of WuShu. I can't wait for the next one. So happy it connects the other series through Princess Mei. Honest opinion with advance copy.
Kirsten
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seduction of the Phoenix is another enjoyable work by Michelle M. Pillow. We follow Jin, a prince in the Zhang Dynasty, who is compelled to choose Francesca, a thief, as his wife. Their story takes us on a fun and entertaining ride, culminating in a happiness that is deserved by both.
Lisa
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Love the humor and witty dialogue. Awesome characters. Another win for Ms. Pillow

****Gifted copy by author****
L
Dmcl
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my, how I’ve missed the Quirilixen worlds, and Seduction of the Phoenix brings back the spirit and passions of these shifter lords and puts us in the kingdom of the Zhang Dynasty, in the Honorable City, Muntong Territory, Planet of Lintian. Meet Prince Jin, Francesca La Rosa and a whole array of Zhangs, living and dead, as they fight and love their was across the planet in their struggle to understand who Francesca is, what is her purpose in the Zhang Dynasty, and why his ancestors have comp ...more
Jeanne
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I cannot express how deeply, soul deep, sad I am that I couldn't finish this book. It started to so damn strong. I LOVE science fiction, and am desperate for well written interracial romance. Up until the point I had to stop this book was BOTH.

Sadly, it suffered from same issue I have with a lot of erotica and erotic speculative fiction. Unsexy, and even laughable language used for the sex scene (see the creamy cores and twitching sabers shelf). Seriously, if something "creamy" is coming woman's
Carole Rae
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Michelle M. Pillow and it is also the first book of the Zhang Dynasty series, which is one the many series written by this author. She is no newbie by any means.

Alright....I was rather confused during the first couple of chapters. When I picked this up I had thought that this was a historical romance and it did seem so! However, uploads, computers, cameras, and etc was mentioned and I was like: 0_0? I went onto goodreads and found out that this is a fantasy an
Megan

Prince Zhang Jin is forced to stand through yet another ceremony in search of a wife. He doesn’t want a wife, neither do his bothers, but tradition dictates that he must go through the ceremony. If he sees the woman that he is to marry, he will claim her and the rest of the etiquettes will follow. That is until the ceremony is interrupted by the guards baring a thief that has attempted to steal one of the Zhang families artifacts, the jade phoenix. The thief is Francesca de Rose and she
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Title: Seduction of the Phoenix
Series: Zhang Dynasty (#1)
Author: Michelle M Pillow
From: Review Copy
Genre: Sci-fi, Romance
Release Date: 26th December 2011
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Prince Jin is all about tradition and upholding it, something which the Zhang dynasty has a lot of. At one such tradition, Jin finds himself announcing he has chosen his wife after being possessed by one of his ancestors. Francesca promised her
Karen
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: so far... seems interesting and love the previous linked books...
Recommended to Karen by: I think Jill reco'd the Kalqourian series which lead me to this I love the alien, menage/romance books.
This is series 3 in a linking series by Michelle Pillow

First series in this linking set of books are:
DRAGON LORDS
THEN
LORD OF THE VAR
THEN
THIS SERIES ZHANG DYNASTY

Each series link in some way,
Starting with the Dragon Lords which are dragon shifters from the same planet as the Var who are Cat or 'TIGER/PANTHER' Shifters 'large cat species', both species of men live on the same planet and have been at war for hundreds of years going back 56 gennerations, now finally at peace... The men of Var have
Heather Watkins
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Francesca is a thief. She trained as a Wushu artist from a man who was forced from the Zhang city due to the artform of the art. Her master was killed by the Zhang family and her master sent her to steel the Jade Phoenix.

The Phoenix is a part of life for the Zhang empire. It is dearly protected by the ancestors. Little does Jin know that she is going to be his bride, not by his choice. The theft is somewhat difficult but is mastered and Francesca leaves the planet with the Phoenix.

She is know
Melissa
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! I looked forward to reading about the Zhang family ever since I read about Mei and Jarek. We see Jin when he is in the main hall looking at brides. In comes Francesca who is trying to steal the Jade Phoenix and Jin is possessed by one of his ancestors and is forced to claim her. Jin and Francesca were great. Each with their own secrets and not wanting to admit what they were feeling. Instantly attracted to each other and trying to deny themselves. She draws you in t ...more
Christine Croke
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Francesca is a thief with no family. Prince Ying is all about tradition and family. the antics they get into with the interference from their long dead ancestors are great. The deep respect for tradition from Prince Ying becomes a bit of a hindrance with Francesca who is all about honor but has no tradition. Great read. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I was given this book by the author for an honest review in my own words. I was not compensation in any way.
Oana
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the author's more complex books. I really enjoyed it. The heroine kept her style and independence throughout the book and I always appreciate this. And the guy is just too cute, impossible not to fall for ourselves.
Normally I would rate it 4 stars because it's something I would definitely recommend for its genre, but I'll make an exception and rate it 5 since that would put it in the collection of books I would read again.
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I like the writing style of this book, but the main characters were often very one dimensional and sometimes abusive to each other. I grew very tired of the heroine saying that all they have together was sex. The sad part was that this was a very good possibility.
corlee1289
I couldn't finish this, it got to the point where I was no longer enjoying the book and had to force myself to keep reading another page... Then I realized, this book probably didn't suit me.
Jwezi
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. The plot is nice but not well written. :) Still a nice short read. :)
Kimberly Walter
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seduction of the Phoenix was passionate book to read along with hand to hand fighting. It was great. I look forward to reading more about the rest of the siblings.
Alesia
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good considering I didn't know it was connected to her other series and that it was futuristic which I usually don't read. I liked the characters and the romance between them.
Carla
Mar 17, 2013
Lisa
Jul 26, 2009
  • Pieces
  • Rated: X-Mas
  • Perfect Ten: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • Heaven Sent 2 (Heaven Sent, #3 & #4)
  • His Beautiful Samurai (Genjin/Holmes Mysteries, #1)
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Letting In the Light
  • Shaking Off the Dust
  • Persistence of Memory
  • Forgotten (Brides of the Kindred, #16)
  • Wolf's Surrender (PSI-Ops/Shadow Agents, #1)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Liquid Glass
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Alien Interludes (Clans of Kalquor, #5.5)
  • Bound to Him (Bound, #2)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author of Romances and Cozy Mysteries
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle loves to travel and try new things, whether it's a paranormal investigation of an old Vaudeville Theatre or climbing Mayan temples in Belize. She's addicted to movies and used to drive her mother crazy while quoting random scenes with her brother. Though it has yet to happen, her dream is
More about Michelle M. Pillow

Zhang Dynasty (2 books)
  • Temptation of the Butterfly (Zhang Dynasty, #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49